What did Sup Forums think of this and Chronicle?

what did Sup Forums think of this and Chronicle?

Fuck the repair mechanic.

That is all.

Gave up on both on the optional dungeon.

Awesome.

Chronicles had bad voice acting, though.

>Fuck the repair mechanic.
I feel you, took me 2 years as a kid going back to the first dungeon each time and getting so frustrated I just played something else

Early 2000s had such a weird aesthetic for box art. Just look at that wireframe shit. I understand why the whole box was simplified for the US release.

Anyways, liked them both but I haven't played them in years. Even as a child though I felt the minigames were uninteresting (although I fucking loved the aquarium), but fuck spheda. Also making the first level of spheda the hardest fucking one was genius.

Dark Cloud was fairly disappointing. There was basically one "solution" for each town and the town-building aspect was just fucking around with the positioning of houses until the % was high enough for you. Dungeons were fairly boring, with water being the only big concern, and there was little point to using the other characters.

Dark Cloud 2 / Dark Chronicle was great, though.

Dark Cloud was a pretty good game but had a bunch of problems
Dark Chronicle was amazing and improved on everything the first one did, but it didn't have a loli catgirl and that's unacceptable

DC 3 IS COMING IN 2017

Op, should I get it?

Rogue Galaxy > dark cuck 1 and 2

Personally I prefer apples to oranges.

>tfw I spent all my medals on this set
Totally worth it

I couldn't get into Rogue Galaxy at all, the ally AI was possibly the worst I've ever seen and the constant JASTER CAN I USE THIS item begging was fucking annoying as shit.

still yet to play this
glad they're all on PS4 for dirt cheap might burn through em all

>Rogue Galaxy is worth playing at all

Yes

Last time level-5 was well known now they simply exist

Level-5's worst game. This FF15 fiasco is nothing compared to how it felt seeing my dream rpg destroyed by being a bland star wars rip off with shit everything.

>dark cloud in space
>they managed to make this not fun

Rogue Galaxy is better.

>Level-5's worst game.
I know people forget it exist but there is White Knight Chronicles

Actually its the only one I haven't played but I bet its better than RG. Of course all I know about WKC comes from the foggy memory of a 10 year old X-Play review.

>i dont check the options menu first-thing on every new game i play
opinion discarded

If you hate RG you will hate WKC especially if you hate mmo style gameplay

Well I liked ff12 I guess. I recall WKC having an online aspect though and that shit kills me.

Not only this. The thirsty system too.

Online was shut down years ago so you are missing alot of content

t. I gave up on first floor of first dungeon.

The thirst system adds to the survival aspect, I think most people liked it faggot

What about Layton?

Yeah figured it was something like DQIX. Damn modern vidyagems.

It was shit

fun

Luckily the online stuff for DQIX is on the disc and a cheat engine program can unlock all the quest.
But yes I agree we have too much reliance on online for modern vidya. Ruins a game's playability five or so years down the line