Is this site legit? I want to buy something on it but I never did before...

Is this site legit? I want to buy something on it but I never did before, I hear a lot of people saying it's good but at the same time I also hear a lot of people saying it's a scam and the key get revoked later, so what is true and what is not? Also should I use the Shield thing or not? Because even if it's just 3 euros I would hate paying for something useless.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mBakPg6x63Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The only people who dislike G2A are moralqueers from NeoFAG, whining about MUH DUHVELOPERS not getting a cut of the sale.

So am I safe? Also what about the shield thing.

I've been buying games from G2A for a while now. The only thing I will say is, BUY THE FUCKING SHIELD. Pretend the shield is part of the price. You will always get the game you paid for if you get shield.

Yes its legit, and I've never had a key revoked nor anyone I know. Even Far Cry 4 which had mass revokes.

Buying from any of these sites I would be cautious of buying from a user and not the website itself. Alot of them are marketplaces, and sometimes the store itself doesn't sell keys but they advertise users selling keys. This can backfire so make sure not only that you aren't buying from a user without alot of feedback, but also the key is for your region.

Lately they list keys as "region free" but like Mafia 3 and Watch Dogs 2 are only EU keys so you would have to go through a refund process

I've bought dozens and dozens of games from G2A and Kinguin. Only had a key revoked once and once received a duplicate key, and both times I got full refund from the merchant.

I've never paid their goy tax and haven't been scammed yet. Even if it does happen eventually, I'll only be paying the money I didn't pay for their shield bullshit. Not like I'm buying things worth hundreds on there. Just pick a seller with lots of feedback and you'll be fine.

youtube.com/watch?v=mBakPg6x63Q

It is the same as buying games from a guy on the street.

Maybe they are legit, maybe they stole them.

bought countless games from them, never had an issue

Maybe I'm just really lucky but every game I bought from g2a, kinguin and other keysites worked perfectly, even AAA ones at launch.

You should also realize that technically people can contest ownership of your account by using just a CD code that was used on your account. This means that technically everybody you're buying keys from on that site can contest ownership.
I've never had it happen, and I haven't seen it happen to anybody, but personally I don't want to risk it. Never had any key revoked either, which seems to be easily countered by buying the cheap ass shield thingy.

Ive bought a few games from them.

Only issue I've ever had turned out to be an issue with Origin, and not them.

The only thing I will say is never pay for the G2A shield, because it automatically subscribes you to it for a monthly fee, and it's a pain in the ass to cancel it.

It's not hard, exactly, it's just time consuming and annoying.

I don't think it's that easy to contest ownership without access to your email or phone registered for your Steam account, plus you could always argue the contest.

Yeah, I would think that if you have your phone with Steam Guard, and are signing in on your PC fairly often, it's hard to say it isn't you.

>people can contest ownership of your account by using just a CD code that was used on your account

No they can't. It's incredibly difficult to steal a Steam account, to the point that the easier scam is to willingly sell your account to somebody and then claim it back via Valve support a month or two later. Identity documents are the only currency Valve accept.

I've gotten keys from them for two years now, never once had them revoked or invalid. Never paid for that shield crap either. It's a great place for when you only want one game out of a humble bundle.

Thanks man, after watching that video I decided to not buy on G2A.

It's what Steam says, I'd trust Steam on it. Yes you could argue it (just present an earlier proof of purchase), but fuck doing that, I'd rather avoid it.
>No they can't.
Then why would Steam say they can?

>Then why would Steam say they can?

Where? Point out where it says in the Steam ToS that you can steal somebody's account via CD key. I'll wait.

Proof of purchase is easy to present if you keep the purchase emails saved on your email account, I keep them all saved ever since I started using Steam in 2010, I have over 1000 purchase confirmation emails saved on my email if I ever need to use them, you could also print any of them and keep it safe and in case something happens you could take a picture of it and send it to them.

My friends have bought games there, steam and Battle.net ones.
Buy from someone who is trusted or get the shield if its a big priced game

i trust cdkeys.com more although i've never really had any problems with both of em

Who would even steal an Steam account anyway? Unless you have super expensive shit in your inventory I wouldn't bother, the rest is sunk coast, you can't profit from it unless you sell it to someone, and nobody is going to buy an stolen account.

>Where?
It's on the Steam knowledge base. I would post a link if it didn't get caught in the spam filter. Either look for "Providing Proof of Ownership", or go to the link in the image.
>Point out where it says in the Steam ToS that you can steal somebody's account via CD key.
Note that this isn't what I said. I said contest ownership of your account.
Sure. I have pretty easy access to the proof of purchase of my first or second game on Steam. It's just that I don't want to go through that hassle.

CDKeys is quite different though, they sell the keys themselves, I also buy from CDKeys all the time, it's G2A that worries me.

How do you know the account is stolen as the buyer?
What if you just want someone's 5000 games?

Legitimate looking steam accounts (years old, lots of games) are very useful to scammers

>listening to levelcap ever

>t. colossal fag

Bought from G2A and similar key seller sites a number of times. Old games for a fraction of the steam price, and brand new releases for half. Whether it was keys or steam gifts from dubious accounts - I never once got scammed, never had any game locked in retrospect or anything. Just always made sure it was a highly rated seller and you follow the instruction accurately.

The only people who say it's not good are moralfags and scaredy cucks who never tried it.

You might not be getting fucked, but the devs selling these games are. You are paying for stolen goods.

But G2A is just piracy for moralfags and scaredy cucks

You dont need it, I just buy from seller with high % of good rep.

You can also pay with paypal and dont worry about anything then.

wtf I hate cheap video games now

Don't get me wrong, I pirate everything unless I absolutely can't avoid owning a legit copy, so everything multiplayer really I use key seller sites

boo fucking hoo poor ass multibillion dollar studios, go fuck yourself

It's not like they earn *nothing* on a key like that, someone had to buy it *somewhere* at some point in order for the key seller to be able to hold it. Like, sick promo deals where they sell shitloads below market value, or they steal them from a retailer which in turn paid the distributor (which pays the developer).

Not to mention that I still function as free content for their multiplayer title, even if the key just magically fell from the heavens it's not like they would lose out on me

>It's not like they earn *nothing* on a key like that, someone had to buy it *somewhere*
If it is bought directly with a stolen credit card which gets charged back, that money gets taken from the developer.

Not only do they literally earn *nothing*, it could actually cost them money in fees.

I don't think that's what's happening. If it was that easy to get free legit copies of video games, I wouldn't need to use these websites to begin with.

And why on earth would I feel for the devs in that example. If they're retarded enough to have people """steal""" keys from them AND they pay money on top, I think that's hilarious and feel zero sympathy. Like just give away the keys for free, apparently that would be cheaper. No wait it wouldn't be because enough retards are eager to pay 60 bucks as long as you have the audacity to charge it.

>MFW XCOM 2 code gets revoked
>I had the stupid shield thingy
>Guy I bought the code from issues a full refund
One thing I've learned about horror stories is that most are exaggerated hyperbole

>hitman got revoked 2 months ago, got a new key
>no problems after multiple game keys
i think it's okay

I've bought a few games from them, they are alright, but I have had one game grabbed by steam from me. Nothing happened besides my game being gone from my account though. Still feels shady as fuck

Yeah it's pretty great. The shield thing guarantees a refund if your key doesn't work or something. I bought DOOM when it was new for half the price and a bunch of cheaper shit without the shield. No problems whatsoever

But that is literally what happens. And what is retarded about accepting a credit card that you have no way of knowing is stolen, and then paying the fees that the bank forces you to pay? What do you expect them to do?

i grabbed a key for garden warfare 2 ages ago from GMG. everything worked fine for me.

thats my only experience with keysites.

One guy I know got a duplicated key, but he bought with shield so G2A refunded him. You're safe with the shield.

>multibillion dollar studios
>game devs
>multiple billions

So are you too retarded to hold a job or are you just too lazy? I'd put money on retarded.

Yeah it's good. Used it to buy FFXIV and was scammed because the game was shit but the keys work

>falling for this scam

why would they sell something if you need it?

everyone with a credit card is retarded

>shitty indie studios with their pixelshit suffer
Thanks G2A!

>half of the video is about AAA publishers selling games at discounted price and then being miffed when people buy them in bulk and resell them below the normal price

Fuck this shit, they can obviously still turn a profit for the game when it's sold at a fraction of the 60 bucks retail price. You should be outraged at gamestop, steam and consorts for enabling the devs to ask ridiculous sums for video games, not g2a for working market 101 dragging the prices down to a realistic value

What are you on about, every other notable studio has assets in the billions or is published by a company that has

How can i be sure that the keys are stolen? I want to buy Overwatch but i would rather support the Russian Maffia than Blizzard and DRM

Shield is pretty much a scam. Also I'd recommend Kinguin. Same shit just better.

Got a few steam wallet codes from there
They always worked
Be sure to pick a seller with lots of upvotes

this, though Kinguin's prices are usually higher due to less sellers and less buyers.

So really you meant publisher. Not devs. No dev in the world has that kind of money, not even close.

I feel they're usually identical. Just checked a few games now and they follow each other within a dollar on new stuff and G2A isn't always the cheapest one.

Probably. Or maybe you only hear about the people that got really fucked up. In any case, it's only a very small percentage of people that really have problems. Personally I just wanted to inform the OP of what I know of it and the risks. I don't think there's a significant chance that you'll have problems, I just don't like taking a risk even if it's 0.1% or something.

I never used the word "developer", but yeah, studio, as in, development studio. EA creates games. Activision/Blizzard creates games. Ubisoft creates games. Valve creates games. Nintendo creates games. Microsoft creates games. Sony creates games. Most of the time just on the virtue of having bought smaller studios, that doesn't change the circumstance that these are the guys who turn a profit at the game you buy, and whether or not I use g2a doesn't affect the salary of the guy who sat down and drew up a texture or punched code into a box

games cost $4 of their sales price to make. The majority of the costs from the 90s and early 00s was disks and other brick and mortar overheads that no longer apply 90% of the time

>Only evidence that the keys are "stolen" is some whine post on the internet
k

I only get scammed about 1/3 of the time so i dont bother with the shield insurance because it works out cheaper overall.
developers might get fucked but at least i get games for a decent price

I wouldnt recommend to buy anythind on this site.. Keys are coming from grey markets. Mostly from eastern EU where they are much cheaper and g2a is selling them for west for "cheaper" price. There is no guarantee the key wasnt stolen or it gets blocked in future by developers. Yes you can pay extra money for some protection shit but whatever.. there is still risk. And no its not about being moral to support devs. If's more about protecting yourself.
Dont buy. G2A is like Sean murray.. someday you gonna lost their trust

>Keys are coming from grey markets. Mostly from eastern EU where they are much cheaper and g2a is selling them for west for "cheaper" price.
What's the problem with this?

read it whole. Keys from Russia and so are regional and could be possibly banned if the developer wants to

Just use Cdleys.

Seems a bit rude for developers to ban keys just because they were bought in Russia. I don't think this actually happens.

The grey market is harmful don't support it. Pirate for free or just buy it on steam

Its a completely legitimate business, they hire about 600 people in my small town in southeastern poland. Company is registered is hong kong or somewhere but they do their business from here and are by now like the second largest employer in the city.

The keys are not a scam because this is an entirely legit European Union company and recently they've been sold to a guy with a jewish name from new york.

Even got hired there once in 2012 but they wanted me to sign a blank check for the equivalent of 50 monthly wages in case I spill the beans about "Muh technical know how" which I'm not stupid enough to do.

It´s legit but some people sell stolen keys that can be revoked.
Just use that dumb fucking G2AShield if you´re going to spend more than a few buckeroos and you´ll be okay, even if the key turns out to be stolen. Happened to me twice (GTAV and DaS2) and I got my money back in a matter of minutes.

it's a neat site to sell a bunch of those extra humble bundle keys of games you already have, I've made about 50 eurobucks in the month that I've used it from selling all my old codes that I didn't use, used the money to buy cheap games on there too.

yeah, not usually. But most of this case the probem is on publisher or seller side. So devs are preventing to spread the key on unwanted markets. Most of the time it could be fine to buy it from g2a but risk is always there. Its pretty shitty when you get ban on 60e AAA game just because you wanted to save 5e.

I should look into that, I probably have about 30 keys I wouldn't ever use.

If you try to justify buying games off sites like G2A then you clearly have never worked a real job in your life - at least not one that matters.

Companies live and die by sales. They are profit-driven. They need profit to pay staff salaries, office maintenance, devkit costs, tax, etc, etc. If you buy from sites like this, in a lot of cases (not all, but a lot), you are stopping that developer receiving money. The old adage "if everyone did it, what would happen" definitely applies here. You are directly gouging the profits of companies that have hard-working people behind the games you want to play.

Not only that, but it doesn't register as a sale. So say EA buys a developer, releases a game by them and you and lots of other people buy from G2A. EA doesn't see those as sales and will shitcan the series or, worse, the developer (as has happened many times before).

Fuck, even pirating games is better. At least that's not a lost sale - you may not have planned to buy the game in the first place. Just, fucking don't. I work an okay job with okay hours and get paid a less-than-okay wage. I have no fucking problem affording all the new games I want AND I collect retro games. AND I have a social life, with money to spare.

You have no fucking excuse except for the fact that you're an entitled baby who doesn't know basic economics.

Russia is an unwanted market? That's pretty fucking discriminatory.

you need to get verified to sell more than 10 keys, but all you need to do that is a paypal receipt or something that shows you actually got them in a legitimate way

>If you buy from sites like this, in a lot of cases (not all, but a lot), you are stopping that developer receiving money.
More bullshit claims !

Yea. Sure. OK. Soo?

Maybe I'll just sell 10 then, that seems too much effort for what little you get out of indie shit.

>evidence all over the place
>first hand accounts from developers like TinyBuild
>"bullshit claims!"

Willful ignorance must be bliss fampai.

you shouldnt be permited to write here. Since you cant even read what I wrote there. Also not talking about that you didnt understand the sentece and what it contains.

Only evidence I've ever seen is from TinyBuild, which was denied by G2A. It also seemed incredibly whiny, and I don't really trust TinyBuild in the first place. Seems like shit "evidence".

>you shouldnt be permited to write here. Since you cant even read what I wrote there.
Only other thing you could possibly be talking about is limiting G2A directly, which obviously they can't do. All Ubisoft sees is keys selling in Russia, they do not know where those keys go.

>denied by the company with a vested interest in appearing squeaky clean

You realize how stupid you sound, right? And why would TinyBuild, if they weren't losing sales, even say anything? What would they stand to gain by attempting to smear another outlet for people to play their games, if they were not losing money?

You are literally plugging your ears.

Just go to allkeyshop.com and buy from whatever is cheapest.

>>denied by the company with a vested interest in appearing squeaky clean
>
>You realize how stupid you sound, right?
Same could be applied the other way around. It's claimed by a company with a vested interest to get their money back for those sales they "lost" and shit.

>if they were not losing money?
I did not claim they weren't "losing" money. That can mean a lot of things, one being something they probably do because of G2A.

If TinyBuild really had keys stolen from them, then why didn't they provide proof?

anyone have a free copy of overwatch?
i really want it

So, circling back, you've now admitted that TinyBuild lost sales? Great, thanks for proving my point, dumbass.
What proof could they possibly release? You cannot just post financial information, especially information potentially containing sensitive details on stolen cards etc, just like that. Answer my original point - if they didn't have sales stolen, why would they even go after G2A?

dude.. I didnt said the russia is unwanted market.. Some keys are intented on some market (west EU) while others are only for different (russia) and those are being sold for different price. If one of regional keys could get on the other market.. the devs can consider it as an unwated goods (eg. stolen like) so they can possible ban them if they want to. Please use brain or at least read what is writen and not conspiracing

>So, circling back, you've now admitted that TinyBuild lost sales?
You could say that in a way, yes.

>Great, thanks for proving my point, dumbass.
I'm sorry, I thought your point was "If you buy from sites like this, in a lot of cases (not all, but a lot), you are stopping that developer receiving money.".

>you clearly have never worked a real job in your life - at least not one that matters.

Like, you know, soldiers, firefighters, cops, teachers, social workers, doctors... the jobs that matter are the guys who work on and sell entertainment products

That was my point. And you've proved it for me yourself.
Lost sales = lost money.

>What proof could they possibly release? You cannot just post financial information, especially information potentially containing sensitive details on stolen cards etc, just like that.
You could to G2A, which they didn't do either.

>Lost sales = lost money.
Sure, but lost money =/= not receiving money. which was what I was arguing against. Please don't jump into conversations if you don't know what the original dude talked about.

My point was that you would understand that companies have overheads and salaries to be paid. Even government institutions. Nothing to do with the industry they're in.
How do you know they didn't? G2A have a vested interest in making themselves out to be clean. Legally, they are - for the same reasons ThePirateBay eludes authorities. Users are posting the content.

>you clearly have never worked a real job in your life - at least not one that matters.
you have no idea what's meaned by it do you ?

>Please use brain or at least read what is writen and not conspiracing
I can't anymore. This is just too ironic.

Please re-read the posts you have made. Realize how stupid you sound.
Lost money = Not receiving money.
If someone stole a key from them, they got no money for it. It's the same fucking thing.

>people are using a world economy to their advantage by buying globally at a cheaper price instead of locally at a more expensive one
>assmad producers

>How do you know they didn't?
None have said that they did. G2A said that they didn't want to. I see no reason to believe that they'd actively lie about something that the other party doesn't even try to deny.