Make way for the true Final Fantasy game

Make way for the true Final Fantasy game.

What primals do you expect to see user?

Nice dead thread

Sad but true, I've never felt a game more Final Fantasy-ish post XI

1 original primal one rehash

Probably Ixion or Anima

3.4 was the most boring patch of all time

Lorebook confirms Qiqirns have a settlement near Ala Mhigo. Yojimbo is coming.

It would be nice if they used some of the designs for Espers from FFVI. There were some really neat ones.

Like Cait Sith, or Kirin, or Bismarck, or Unicorn, or Fenrir, or Midgardsormr, or Alexander? Yeah, why haven't they used any FF6 Espers?

Yojimbo pls, can't wait for random instawipes

I take it you didn't play 3.1.

>mfw I am all caught up on my relic

>another week with no weapon drop

Fuck your gay ass shit Yoshi.

>just starting mine

Already piled up all the shit for the 210 step tho

Why does everyone here love this game so much? If you were at least semi-competitive in raiding on your server, you would get bored by the fact that they only release two raids a year, each of which gets cleared in a week, making farming it a joke after two DPS weapon drops.

>Wow Yoshi you're telling me the only interesting and semi-challenging content in the game goes stale after a month and I get to farm it for 5 months until the next one! Thanks!!!

If you're not raiding competitively, what is there to even do in the game? Your choices of content outside of raiding are:

>primals
lol
>boring level 60 dungeons
lol
>24 man raids you can do with your eyes closed
lol
>broken and abandoned pvp modes
lol, even if you were stupid and wanted to, enjoy hour long queues even on the biggest data center
>crafting
fun if you're autistic I

That's because all of the substance has been taken out of the game to pander to "haha im such a gamer i love final fantasy :P haha chocobos right guys? XD" faggots, so everything is just a bland generic mish-mash of crap theme-wise.

>everyone must enjoy the same things I do or else they're dumb/autistic

Hey man if you like to pretend to be in a lesbian cat girl relationship with another man online and only do Duty Finder content, that's cool with me. It's your life.

>anyone who doesnt raid must be a Balmumg degenerate

I just like talking to friends while doing roulettes and casual crafting/gathering shit.

>he pays a sub to do mobile game shit

hahahhah

you should check out rune factory instead of wasting your money

>mfw making my fourth

you have my pity

How the fuck do you people farm for Umbrite?

Quit life and farm tombstones

Is it too late to get in this game? How steep is the learning curve?

Was gonna start my second one then remembered the fate farm. Uhm nah

> How steep is the learning curve?

Not much if you can read and have half a brain

The main quest line will drag on but you can catch up with gear if you buy $20 worth of gil.

Uhm ala.

>tombstones
>tomb
>b

>>>/reddit/

>you can catch up with gear if you buy $20 worth of gil.
Or you can just catch up by getting your first time dungeon bonus tomes.

I picked up on my endgame rotation completely on my own with no guides within like 2-3 hours of playing. Just read tooltips.

>not farming delicious pizza while loading up on tomes

>being
>this
>triggered

>>>/tumblr/

>With the chat mode in say...

TATARU YOU SLUT

WAR spotted

World of final fantasy is a pretty good one, if you can dig the artstyle

GET YOUR FREE KUPO NUTS YOU FAT FUCKS

>If you were at least semi-competitive in raiding on your server, you would get bored by the fact that they only release two raids a year, each of which gets cleared in a week

Gordias took most people several months, and took world first a month. Key word was most people. Actually most of the raiders did not clear it at all, it was silly difficult

Midas took world first a week, most people a month or two. Again, thats most people that cleared gordias. Many raiders still havent seen a raid weapon at this point

Creator was cleared in a couple days, a few weeks for a lot of raiders and a couple months for midcore. That's what youre thinking of. the truth is that this expansions raids were difficult, and took people that werent poopsocking a lot ass time to clear. get your head out of your ass

BLM actually, easy shit in terms of execution.

RDM tank

>That guy who doesn't play NIN anymore because it's "garbage this tier"

Good. Less flavor of the month trashcans shitting up one of my favorite classes.

Why does FFXIV trigger FFXIfags so much?

>NIN
>garbage this tier
bait

NIN is always good

between it's damage with a war that spams eye and its raid wide dps boosts thanks to its utility skills itll never be bad

XIV is a different style of MMO compared to XI and can be seen as the MMO that "killed" XI and/or XIV can be seen as instead of continuing to go down the path or horizontal progression and being a sandbox, it went down the line of being like every other MMO out there.

Brand name couldn't carry XIV 1.0 alone, so FFXIV right now must be doing some right since most WoW clones failed or went completely F2P to save face.

>can be seen as the MMO that "killed" XI
>can be
It was. They killed XI on purpose to force people to XIV, but XIV was a fucking nightmare at launch.

It's not bait. Retards keep saying it just because this tier favors ranged DPS and some TA windows don't get the full benefit.

>this tier favors ranged DPS
You what, mate?
>some TA windows don't get the full benefit.
9 and 10 are dummy fights and 12 is all about burst windows. The only tricky fight is 11.

I don't understand, what kind of horseshit have you been reading?

>You what, mate?
You know, the tier that favours ranged dps so much that machinists are parsing the highest despite having the lowest personal dps of all the jobs.

>despite having the lowest personal dps of all the job

But this has been wrong since they got buffed last tier

>personal dps
Ah. Well, who cares.

>tfw just started
I love this game.

Anyone playing on PS4? Thinking about getting it on PS4 just because why not. I would just like to know how loud the PS4 can get. I remember that my PS4 got loud as fuck in summer while playing Infamous SS, so I can only imagine how much the PS4 will shit itself in fates or populated areas like idleshire.

They still have the SSS dummy with the lowest HP of all the jobs. If you parse each class individually and separately on a target dummy for an arbitrary length of time - you'll undoubtly find that mch is pretty much at the bottom.

The reason they do so well in raid settings is because they lose practically 0 dps to movement mechanics.

>I love this game
Wrong

>Why do people enjoy things?!!
Retard

How about no? I like this, you should probably take your own advice and go to the rune factory threa ...

>I am a mindless sheep hivemind that allows a talk show host to affect my decisions about a game

sad

don't cuck yourself to a console for a fucking mmo. nobody will take you seriously and you'll play like shit.

You'll change your tune once you hit endgame.

>
>>I love this game
>Wrong
Mistaken

You're wrong

Because ARR followed in WoW's footsteps instead of XI's, and proceeded to get all the attention and funding. Their enjoyable experience with that particular MMO system dies with the game's final content.

So he will get bored after completing the game? Sounds like he will have a good time after all

that's not until hundreds of hours later, let the user enjoy the game until then.

> (You)
>You're wrong
Misleading

You are objectively incorrect in your assessment.

NIN will never be considered a bad pick, unless you're running without a WAR, BLM and DRG at once, and why the fuck wouldn't you have at least one of the big dick numbers jobs?

> (You)
>You are objectively incorrect in your assessment.
Your assertion is inaccurate

anyone willing to exchange 2.7M gil + 6 savage might + 1 savage aim V materias for a time card?, im on leviathan btw

I never understood why XI and XIV were numbered titles.

Endgame is when you're given access to your entire toolkit. Levels 1-59 are the tutorial.

because they are part of the mainline series

doesn't eorzea have a link with vandiel and ff12?

So he will have an even better time when he reaches endgame? That sounds great!

dalmasca exist within the world but thats about it

No. Their only connections are through the Interdimensional Rift the same as every other Final Fantasy. There's a country in Othard called Dalmasca, but it's not the same one from Ivalice.

of course, all the fun shit start once you hit lvl 60

it's all fun until you reach the point where you log in just to cap tomes and run your weekly shit.

at that point you should just unsub and wait for more content, thank god this game releases new major patches every 3 months unlike 6-9 months like other MMOs do.

Side note, but it really annoys me that NIN loses dps putting up slashing debuff for themselves when there isnt a WAR around.

In the meantime, MNK and DRG get their own debuffs applied for 'free' as part of their optimal rotation.

It's just an ocd thing, like if you're soloing and shit or in a light party with no WAR, you have to do a suboptimal rotation just because, while a loldrg gets disembowel for free.

no

Then it's all win/win thanks anons!

It's all a bunch of references and callbacks. They've had the crystal tower from 3, the floating continent from 6, the lifestream from 7, and are adding dalmasca from 12 in stormblood.
I'm sure I've missed some.

>because they are part of the mainline series
I know that, but why? All the other mainline games are offline only if I'm not mistaken. I don't think online in XI is even available anymore.

>PS3 support ends the second patch 4.0 goes live

Does this mean existing areas will have a lot of changes?

>I don't think online in XI is even available anymore.
It is, and there's still a decently-sized community. It still gets monthly content updates.

don't forget triple triad from 8

No, are you fucking stupid?

it no longer gets story updates though, it's mainly cash shop additions and bug fixes.

I dont think so, maybe we will see a slight graphical upgrade and thats about it

I honestly feel like they need to make DE superior to SE in some way as DK is superior to Delirium. Then it would be a staple in the NIN rotation, and the WAR can just use path instead.

Right because if it wasnt the case then why is the ps3 support dropping the second stormblood hit?

what a dumbass

The stories of FF4 and FF6 are also well-known legends within the lore.

That's more of a pastime than an actual physical location. It's possible that someone could have invented triple triad in eorzea, but the entire crystal tower saga with Xande and CoD was ripped straight from FF3.

I doubt it since it would require work, they will only make the new areas look better.

>Use Armor Crush
>It doesn't actually crush the enemies armor

if you think that just because they dropped ps3 support it will mean a substantial change then you are a delusional dumbass, expect a few minor changes here and there but nothing beyond that, dont fool yourself

Like they're going to go back and rework existing areas when they're focusing on the expansion content.

lmao

Not sure if it counts, but the Great Gubal Library is essentially the Library of the Ancients from FF5.

The Isle of Val is also Galuf's kingdom from FF5, and it vanished off the face of the planet just like in FF5.