Gtfo furfag

>Never played Terraria
>Bought Starbound instead of Terraria
Has anyone ever made a bigger mistake?

I heard it's better than Terraria

starbound is garbage
tiy was the bad guy
buy more copies of terraria

You were fed fallacious information by someone.

go get a refund and pirate it you fucking idiot

do yourself a favour and immediately refund it and purchase terraria for yourself and a friend and play it co op

i don't know why terraria is only 25% off but get it, it's a much better game

It's good, but you should have gotten Terraria first.

Yes multiplayer

It's fun, neat questline. Lots of entertaining features.

but isn't it just the exact same game but set in space/scifi?

redigit learned proper business, the supply may be endless but so is the demand
i got it for 50% off during release week, it was constantly 75 and 90% off the the year after release, now he has relaxed the sales a little

no

Refund right now and vuy terraria instead

nobody going to back starbound here?

Yeah, like, send it back.

What game is this

o-ok...

Starbound fumbled way too many times. Terraria is superior and has done nothing but improve since its release.

honestly they look exactly the same

Not going to argue against that, Starbound was inspired by Terraria. The difference is Starbound lacks the charm and polish Terraria has maintained since the beginning. In the end it matters very little, find one you like and stick with it. Just most people are going to recommend you to go with Terraria because it is the better game.

If I have no interest in building shit but just want to go out and adventure, is this worthwhile?

I bought at early access, its still shit after several years and its never going to be nearly as good as terraria. I'm still playing terraria, and I've had it longer than shitbound.

The complaints about starbound are a bit hyperbolic despite the serious incompetence in the development process. There's some very impressive setpiece levels and the idea of exploring and scanning is an interesting one if not implemented that meaningfully.

There's not much to do after the designed content dries up however.

starbound isn't
get terraria, it has better combat and better rpg elements and better building

Wtf OP, why did you not get terraria before this? Whoever told Starbound is better deceived you, refund it while you can and get terraria i say. I have both tough

alright alright, I'll actually listen to Sup Forums this time, game refunded

a straight up consensus is so rare how can I not

Just pirate both and try them, they're not big. Buy the one you actually enjoy.

As a guy who actually had about 400 hours in terraria, yeah, they are right.

Refund and enjoy terraria, it's for the best

Starbound spent like 4 years in "Early Access"

He said he didn't want to build shit.

get terraria, exploring in starbound gets old quick

i know faggot but i was making the case for how starbound is never better in any scenario
i have 400 hours in terraria and 30 in starbound, i pre ordered starbound, i purchased terraria on day one of release
i have a current terraria playthrough going, i haven't touched starbound in a year

This guy asks if there is multiplayer and you expect him to be intelligent enough to play terraria instead? Come on guys.

I know, but it makes it seem like you didn't read his post, which might make him ignore yours.

>tfw followed shitbound for years constantly checking their website for updates
>thought we'll be able to go full on eugenics program and populate the worlds with out own creature creations

Boy what a disappointment and a waste of time that turned out to be.

nah nah, I want to build shit, some other faggot came to my thread to talk about his wants and needs

Yes, we were talking to/about him.

why are you being an asshole?

Just play Spore.

Stellaris lets you full genocide races

don't give johan your shekels

Spore was even worse
>watching videos on youtube completely dazzled by how everything looks and works
>turns out they basically scrapped everything and gave us goofey cartoony piece of shit

Fuck Spore what wasted potential

It's fun but since it's Paradox it needs at least 20 more dlcs to feel like a full game

stellaris gets too much hate imo, there is really nothing wrong with it, above average game

don't forget to get the galaxy edition™ and all dlc!

>kr

>Is it really THAT good?

lmao

am I supposed to know how much that is

It was fun with friends but I ran out of stuff to do after about 20 hours, not worth it.

better yet, get a refund and don't pirate it

or pirate it and immediately delete it after the download completes

yeah

beginner tip: dont ignore the guide. He can give you a hint on what to do next if you're stuck with progression. His "crafting" option opens a menu where you can put anything labeled as "material" in it and he will tell you what it can make and what you need to make it.

that is, if you're buying terraria, which you should

If you're gonna play Starbound get the Frackin' Universe mod
It adds actual content to the game

fuck off shill im pirating

word, I am

>tfw thread is a little too helpful

I have double the hours on starbound than terraria.

Get terraria first, then starbound after you get bored of terraria.

Papers, please

Thanks

>TFW getting cucked by Hylotl shitter in story

>Sup Forums STILL trying to compare apples and oranges

This YOU MUST ONLY LIKE ONE!!!!!! fanboy shit needs to stop, they don't set out to do the same fucking thing and are both good in their own way.

stop peddling your game, the ship sailed long ago and you already got my shekels

Don't tell anyone but we really, really love Terraria. It's the game I've played the longest besides Morrowind. And I've done a full playthrough per race on Morrowind.
The kind of experience you get from them overlaps somewhat, they are more easily comparable than Forza and Fable for instance.

laughed so hard thanks anonymous

>are both good in their own way
>one is a game whose devs keep working on it despite saying over and over that this is the last update
>the other is an early access nightmare that gutted all it's good features, alienated the modding community for it, then pushed out a half assed, missing significant amounts of content from even the previous early access build, pile of shit

Starbound, like Terraria, is a really great game. The early game is kinda slow but once you get beyond that first hurdle there is a ton of fun stuff to do.

Starbound is super comfy especially at night when its raining. I remember climbing to the top of a randomly generated ruined tower and just listening to the music for like five mins. 10/10 would be comfy again.

Terraria has a god-awful early game, everything after that is amazing
Starbound is a bore all the way through, it's a "comfy" game, if you're into that kind of thing.

please don't support that shitty developer:
imgur.com/a/DPVRP

the only thing starbound has over terraria is character sprites

I got it during its first beta. It was fun. Then the refund time was long gone, and the game got ruined.

I got trapped.