ITT games that didn't get sequels

Too bad we never got to see more of Thedas. Origins was pretty good.

good news user, there are actually two sequels to this game

ignore this retard

may you rest peacefully, DAO

This is Sera. Say something nice about her!

>this isn't canon
>why
>cause I don't like it
Hang yourself from a tree OP

>defending the abortions that were DA2 and Cisquisition
You first

It didn't get any sequels because Dragon Age is the plain toast of video games: boring, brown and utterly flavourless.

I don't really have a problem with it never getting a sequel though. The game had a solid ending, and I'm sure they'd make the lore really embarrassingly shit if there were sequels.

Best Girl

I can't believe they never finished up this story.
Whatever happened to Bioware anyway? It's like they just suddenly disappeared.

>le posting games that have sequels meme
Fucking nignogs

i realise if i get this i will be badgered by paywalls, but is the game ok without the dlc, i only have $5 and its 7.50 with dlc. i have 1 day to decide.

I know, right? It's even weirder considering they did make a great sequel - but it barely advanced the main plot at all.

Just when it was starting to get good too.

There's no need to buy any DLC. The base game is bad too though and I wouldn't recommend it.

god dammit user

at this rate i wont literally get anything this sale

Thank God too, this game had a good end to the series. Any more and they probably would've fucked up the story beyond belief.

Yes and no. The game is great by itself, but Awakening is a top-tier expansion.

except the ending is DLC

There's sales so often it's not even a notable event anymore.. You're not losing anything by not throwing your money away right now. You don't have to spend money just because you have it.

wait no I'm thinking of Inquisition, disregard

I don't know what you're talking about user, there was no sequel to that game.
At least they didn't make it into some GoW dating-sim piece of shit filled with special snowflakes and sjw sex-appeal, that would have sucked.
Man that game had some nice skyboxes, immersive af.

ive had money burning in my steam wallet for months

if i dont buy something now i fear i might open cases

ths only things i pretty much dont own are

dragons dogma
dragon age
anything fallout

i'll take the ban

Fallout: New Vegas is literally the greatest game ever made. You probably ought to check it out.
Shame there's no sequel.

noted

DA:O
>Uber shit combat/gameplay
>The ugliest animations ever
>Super clunky movement
>Micromanagement party ai - extreme garbage
>Total unfun

Cock sucking lips

I liked DA2

canon isn't a real thing nigga just walk away from the screen

Brother.

Unironically, me too.

She is the only companion that can be immediately dismissed at any time.

It's definitely better than Inquisition

Good standalone game, but by advertising it as a sequel was a wrong move. It had nothing to do with the first game at all, except being within the same world.

yes, but that's not exactly a high bar to beat

Fucking when???

We have Mass Effect running around. The time is NOW!

literally never ever

Advent Rising was the prototype Mass Effect

NV is good if you like modding.
DA:O is honestly not that great. It has a strong opening & tapers off as you progress. Dwarf male noble's the best start.
DD:DA is interesting but also kinda shit. Enemies lose their luster, areas get boring. Even with all the extra portcrystals & the infini ferrystone, you'll find the world growing stale before you finish it.

Absolutely, it was meant to be a side game originally in the development but you can't have blights for every game, what are there like one or two left? I love the Grey Wardens but you can't be a Grey Warden every game. I just feel they lowered the stakes and then upped them to ridiculous levels with Inquisition, yes in Origins, the world was at stake but the blight was ended very early. Meanwhile, Inquisition goes full magical holocaust. Part of the slight appreciation I can have for DA 2 was just how the story wasn't guided by Hawke, it was just about a guy trying to do right by his family and getting fucked at every turn. I can always appreciate that.

DA:O was great only because it came out at just the right time when we were parched for decents RPGs.

I found the story to be pretty compelling and the combat grew on me. The Blight felt like a real threat and you were given some interesting choices to make.

The epilogue was goat.

Repression thread? It's strange mass effect ended in the middle of a trilogy.

>The epilogue was goat.

>Sacrifice ending
>Your sacrifice frees your mage buddies
>Alistair talks about how he lost a friend
>Sten goes back and tells his people he met one honorable person
>Oghren names his first born after you
>Waifu writes you a song and kills herself

holy shoot

Great game, but any sequel would have felt shoehorned.

>waifu kills herself
This is why you harden that bitch.

>dwarf noble
My paragon

Its been 12 years already. Honestly, I hope the game stays dead instead of being ruined by modern devs.

> oghren first born

wouldnt oghren be impregnating bitches left and right before the events of DA:O?

C'mon Blizzard, ICC is getting old !

>hating fallout 2

fite me 1v1 irl

>Everything good except combat
>good game
I kek'd hard.

been just playing this
>city elf
get literally cucked

nice game :^)

>loved dao
>couldn't play da2 past chapter 2
>dai is meh but not nearly as bad as Sup Forums says

dai's combat is fun and its more grind. this is actually something i wanted more out of dao - i loved the combat but there simply wasn't enough shit to do. they went a bit on the deep end with dai and made it into more of an offline mmo though.

i'm also like 70 hours in and haven't met sera. the sjw writing comes far between maps. even if this was an sjw game, youd almost never notice because you spend 1% of your time seeing that shit.

> plays cuck race
> gets cucked
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
BIOWARE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

>Game was supposed to be the Mass Effect before Mass Effect. The developers promised that it was going to pan into a trilogy.
>Advent Rising never ever because the company took it with them to the grave, not even the brothers who originally worked on the series in the 90s can work on their dream project.

What the FUCK was with this mark on Hawke's face? Over ten fucking years, Hawke didn't think "hmm maybe this is kinda faggy"

It's kinda cute on tomboy femHawke

Hate is a strong word. I even enjoyed Tactics, but F2 still feels shoehorned with it's vintage memetastic story and bugs galore.

>tfw hundreds on hours on DaO
>returned da2 to store after playing for half an hour

I had even preordered that shit, last time I ever did that, let me tell you.

don't you mean demons souls