NEW FINAL FANTASY RANKINGS

NEW FINAL FANTASY RANKINGS
(Note: Ranks based on groups of battle system used (ATB, CTB, TTB, CSB, AXB, MMOB, Tactics System).
Games that do not employ these systems are not rated.

AWESOME
> Final Fantasy V
> Final Fantasy VI
> Final Fantasy IX
> Final Fantasy Tactics
GREAT
> Final Fantasy III
> Final Fantasy VII
> Final Fantasy VIII
> Final Fantasy X
> Final Fantasy XII
GOOD
> Final Fantasy
> Final Fantasy IV
> Final Fantasy II
> Final Fantasy X-2
> Final Fantasy Type-0
> Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
> Final Fantasy Tactics A2
MEDIOCRE
> Final Fantasy XI
> Final Fantasy XIV
> Final Fantasy XIII
> Final Fantasy XIII-2
> Final Fantasy XV
BAD
> Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
TERRIBLE
DISGUSTING

Rankings subject to change. Please feel free to post your own opinions.

>FFX
>Good

I'll never accept how fucking overrated IX is on these parts.

It is easily one of the more forgettable entries, it brings NOTHING new to the table, has boring, slow gameplay, only one interesting characters, Vivi, bland storyline which I struggle to even remember followed by a TWEEST that comes out of fucking nowhere with little to no foreshadowing.

And then finally ends with a final boss out of nowhere, that gets beaten and everyone lives happily thereafter :)

Horrible, if it didn't have Final Fantasy on its name, it could be easily mistaken with any random throwaway JRPGs out there.

GOAT
> Final Fantasy VI

GREAT
> Final Fantasy
> Final Fantasy IV
> Final Fantasy V
> Final Fantasy VII
> Final Fantasy IX

MEDIOCRE
> Final Fantasy III
> Final Fantasy VIII
> Final Fantasy X
> Final Fantasy XII

SHIT
> Final Fantasy II
> Final Fantasy XIII

> Final Fantasy XI
> Final Fantasy XIV

GREAT
FF II
FF IV

GOOD
FF I

SHIT
FF III

HAVEN'T PLAYED
THE REST

>XIV
>mediocre
It's one of the best FF games of all time and a fantastic single player JRPG.

if your favorite Final Fantasy is

>IV
You are a bigger nostalgia faggots than VIfags and unlike VI, your game is genuinely shit with no notable good characters except Rydia

>V
You only play game for gameplay. No stories final destination. Would rather farm that extra stats instead of ending Exdeath

>VI
You have a heavy nostalgia goggles and great sense of jealousy that VII is overall the better and more popular one

>Tactics
You are an oldfag who thinks politics and religious plots are deep but in reality it's just a shitty cover up for the pathetic clusterfuck of a story that not even can be consider average if it's a fictional book. Also the gameplay is quite bad and uneven because you either suck or overly OP when you get Thundergod CID

>VII
You are casualfags who probably never played anything else besides VII or VIII or X and try to judge them

>VIII
You are huge emo faggot who thinks Squall is anything like you. You project yourself as Squall and Rinoa as your love interest throughout the game but then you realize you will never live in Balamb Garden so you end up hating yourself and the game

>IX
You have shit taste that prefer a fun and adventourous story but lack the ability to see how bad the other aspect of the game is especially the stupidly designed battle system, the horrible secondary playable characters and the inconsistent plot

>X
You are a weeaboo that share the same taste as japanese who likes drama over other things. Too stupid to realize the game is as linear as FFXIII and it's horrible implementation of the sphere grid

>XII
You thinks you are a fine gentleman and a scholar that like a great game. Too bad 20 hours later you realize there's nothing interesting ever happening and end up dropping the game

>XIII
You should just kill yourself

What if I said that WOFF is my favorite Final Fantasy?

but XIII-2 is good

>VI
>You have a heavy nostalgia goggles and great sense of jealousy that VII is overall the better and more popular one
But what if I played VI years after I played VII?
Do I still have nostalgia goggles?

Then I would say.
Why aren't you just playing pokemon instead?

I always found FF V boring. Even FF IV was more interesting. FF VII is awesome. FF VIII is awful.

I don't own nintendo products and I like the chance to collect Final Fantasy monsters than Pokemon.

Much more variation and the setting is changed as well.

WOFF is the refresher that pokemon needed (And I stopped playing after ruby and sapphire.)

V is way better than IV or VI, only nostalgia fags that played those first say otherwise.

FF6>FF9>FF4>FFXV>FF10>FF7>FF12
this is fact
FACT
if you like FF7 then is your first ff and you are blinded by nostalgia

IV and VI are way better than V, only nostalgia fags that played it first say otherwise.

V came out much later in the US than IV or VI, try harder.

Who gives a shit about US dummy. Don't tell me you can't Japanse and you pretend you know shit about FF? Kek

People usually say only babbys liked IX but I disagree. 31yo here. Never played I-V or DoC or the MMOs.

Best:
>VII
One of the best games ever, perfect setting, characters, story, OST, gameplay, mood everything just fits like a glove.

Great:
>VI
My first FF, it really made an impact. One of the best villains ever and the first game to make me feel bad (damn you Leo)

>VIII
The "dark" FF, probably the most underrated one too. Reminds me a bit of Majora's Mask, it has more layers than what you get at face value.

>IX
The last "good" FF and supposedly the one that resembles most the old FFs that I never got to play. A classic. It gave a very enjoyable trip.

>X
The first of the "corridor" FFs but it still had the turn battle system, it was a nice hybrid and the sphere system was great too even if linear. The story and OST were top notch too imo.

>CC
Made justice to VII, absolutely loved the story, the ending was sublime and Price of Freedom has to be the pinaccle of the FF OSTs.

OK:
>XII
By far the most forgettable one, still make it through so there's that. At points it was incredibly boring.

>XIII
They took the corridors to the extreme. Way too linear for a FF and the story was a complete mess. The game was completely carried by Lightning. Still made it through.

>MEDIOCRE
>Final Fantasy XI
Opinion discarded until the end of time.

You're doing this on purpose to trigger me aren't you?

This shitty list?

I don't like IX but story was what kept me playing the game, I wanted to find out who or what Vivi was and card game was fun. Most characters suck and game forces you to use all of them but it had nice visuals and mini-games. And Zidane was one of the last heterosexual MCs in FF.

FFVI doesn't belong anywhere near the top, it's such a massive chore to play because of its fuckawful combat and mechanics. At least VII had a ton of actually fun minigames to break up the problem.

I had to play IX with a no encounter cheat to be able to finish it.

That's the beauty of personal opinions, that they are, well, personal.

It's the least chore FF game to play ever made and it will be forever remembered as one of the GOATs. If you don't like that's too bad, but FF VI and VII will always be considered awesome.

Fuck no. Nothing can make up for the fact that I can run around obliterating every random encounter in a single move without even bothering to think about resource management.

Sucks for you I guess.

THE BEST
>VII
>VI
>V
GOOD
>IX
>VIII
>IV
OK
>X
>XII
>XIII
I DIDN'T LIKE IT
>III
>I
>II
DIDN'T PLAY, BOUGHT IT TODAY
>XV

Started the series last year.

Considering that the entire series took after it and it completely destroyed it? Yes, yes it does. Fuck that game and fuck what it made standard for FF.

Out of the ones i've played

GOD-TIER:

FFX
FFVII

GREAT TIER:

FFIX
FFVIII
Dissidia: Duodecim

GOOD TIER:

FFIV
FFVI
LR: XIII

ALRIGHT TIER:

FFIII

SHIT TIER:

CRISIS-CORE
XIII-2
X-2

Yeah sucks for you. Meanwhile I'll enjoy replaying it and FF VII lmao and whole history will give them more recognition that to your favorite games. Unfortunate.

Enjoy never understanding what makes for a good JRPG, I guess.

FFIV is what made the standard FF. It's why it gets remade the most.

FFIV is much closer to the older games in gameplay than it is to games like FFVI or VII. VII was very obviously VI 2.0.

AWESOME
>Final Fantasy Tactics
>Final Fantasy
>Final Fantasy VI
>Final Fantasy X
>Final Fantasy XIV

GREAT
>Final Fantasy III
>Final Fantasy V
>Final Fantasy VII
>Final Fantasy VIII

GOOD
>Final Fantasy XI
>Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
>Final Fantasy IV
>Final Fantasy XII
>Final Fantasy Type-0
>Final Fantasy XV

MEDIOCRE
>Final Fantasy IX
>Final Fantasy XIII
>Final Fantasy Tactics A2

BAD
>Final Fantasy II
>Final Fantasy XIII-2

TERRIBLE
>Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII

DISGUSTING

This are my subjective opinions on the games I've played.

>Favorite
VIII
>Great
VII, VI, X, LR
>Good
I, III, IV, XIII, XIII-2
>Didn't like it
IX, XIV

I don't think so. Every FF up to IX all feel like improved IVs. Can't really stray off the main path, story heavy, have a little bit of sidequests, cast is colorful, always get an airship to visit every area towards the end, optional summons to find, optional weapons, etc. There are some moments in FFI-III where you can choose what to do first instead of only doing things one way only and they definitely feel more like traditional rpgs unlike IV and up.

I liked Tetra Master more than Triple Triad.

What if 1, 2, or 3 are my favorite?

You monster

If XV is good tier I'm happy. I already like it but I'm pretty biased and only a few cutscenes in. I like the combat in the tutorial I can see where this is going

i played the FFXV demo and it was bad and made me cancel my preorder
but does the final game at least surpass the godlike CG cutscenes from FFX?

So should I play Lost Odyssey instead of FFXV?

II and IX here.

>but does the final game at least surpass the godlike CG cutscenes from FFX?
No.
Yes.

>If you like any Final Fantasy you're a faggot in some way

Typical Sup Forums

I pretty much agree with this.

AWESOME
>IX
>VI
>VII
>XII
Great
>X
>XV
>V
>IV
>VII barely
The rest in meh tier

Bring XII down to Disgusting and it's perfect.

I mean
>VIII barely

FFXIV >> FFXI

VII is my favorite and I've played and beaten I, X, XIII and played II, III, IV, V, VI, VIII, XII, and XIV

Are her tits getting bigger?

>XIII and XIII-2 are just mediocre
>Lightning Returns is bad

I think you switched those.

AWESOME
>Final Fantasy Tactics
>Final Fantasy XII
>Final Fantasy VI

GOOD
>Final Fantasy VII

MEDIOCRE
>most of the others

BAD
>Lightning Trilogy

V is amazing, but you really should play Lightning Returns before you judge it. It's the only other FF (besides FFV) that actually has good gameplay.

Tactics > 5 > 7 > 4 > 6 > 9 > 3 > 1 > 12 > 8 > 10 > 2 > 13

didn't play 11 or 14, 15 is probably bad

I want ivalicefags to leave

GOD TIER:
FF1

SHIT TIER:
EVERY OTHER FF GAME

>not liking the superior FF universe

Stay pleb.

AWESOME: nothing
GREAT: nothing
GOOD: 1, 2, 3, 10, 13, 15, Tactics, Crystal Chronicles
MEDIOCRE: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
BAD: 12
TERRIBLE: nothing
DISGUSTING: nothing

i put your opinion in the "ff8 level of failure" tier

But that would make YOU the true ultimate failure here. Are you sure?

>4 not in awesome or great
You drunk OP?

FF4 is inslutingly stupid in terms of story AND railroady as fuck even by FF standards. There's nothing to like about it besides nostalgia

And being balanced and encouraging resource management.

And having boss fights that set the standard that only a couple of following FF games lived up to.

And having random encounters that will fuck you over and waste a ton of your MP if you're playing it like a total retard.

It blows my mind that there are people out there who think FFV was good or even great.

The job system alone can't save this train wreck.

Shitter detected.

>The job system alone can't save this train wreck.
Yes it did.

>B-But Story!
It's simple and nice. That's all I wanted.

Friendly reminder that FFVIII is hands down the best FF ever.

>best equipment system outside of the MMOs and spinoffs
>job system is the best in the series, even the jobs that look shitty at first glance are usable and the broken as shit classes take effort and knowledge to use
>decent dungeons, not a single one of them is garbage that you never want to go through again
>several of the best boss fights in the series
>best final boss
>random encounters can get really brutal at several points in the game so they're not boring slogs
>magic and physical are both extremely useful and different for the entire game
>3 different worlds to explore
>one of the best soundtracks