It shits all over first Quake as well as Doom

It shits all over first Quake as well as Doom.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NlWDSvNSzlA
youtube.com/watch?v=8vTvHsHx4TM
youtube.com/watch?v=yq9xJB9_lpU
youtube.com/watch?v=XIUULIh2meI
youtube.com/watch?v=cixW6rogZ48
youtube.com/watch?v=qVOHTGYoM6E
youtube.com/watch?v=jY6yBTYxLko
youtube.com/watch?v=IpndTkxFkVY
youtube.com/watch?v=ya8QxDC4fHU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nah.

Q1 and nu-Duum? Yes.

I completely agree, especially with the knightmare patch

Nothing can ever beat Doom's sheer simplicity in both gameplay and modding tools.

what a waste of a good file extension

Quake > Quake 3 > Quake 2 > Quake 4

Doom 2 > Doom 1 > Doom 4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Doom 3

Games evolved grandpa believe it or not but playing with autoaim and killing 2D sprites won't cut it anymore.

Quake isn't better than COD let alone Quake 2

In software mode Quake runs with like 256 colors or something.

Tell that to the people still making content for Doom.

i remember it looking less pixelated than that

Bunch of nostalgiafags. Doom fans are the proto casuals.

i sort of get the hate for quake 2 after the first one, but still it was my most favorite game when it came out, and to this day i like it a lot
great atmosphere and everything. q4 never captured that

i play only singlerplayer games

It's a dull, boring game. The only good thing about it is the soundtrack.

>Not playing in GLORIOUS OPENGL MODE
NIGGA DO YOU EVEN LIKE SMOOTH LIGHTING EFFECTS
>This ngiga didnt' ahve voodoo3
FUCK

I beat the entire Q2 and its expansions for the very first time just couple years ago, and I gotta disagree with ya. It was helluva lot fun!

so fucking slow and shitty compared to Q1.

obvious it started out as a new IP and they just slapped the Quake name on it at the last second to earn some more $

TRESPAASAA!

>JUST A SEC

my jaw when i first started it with my diamond monster 3dâ„¢

q1 looks better in software renderer tho

What shooters do you like, user?

I don't know, propably Quake?

>likes quake
>calls anyone else a nostalgiafag

Quake is closer to modern shooters than Doom because at least you can look up in it and the soundtrack isn't some fucking MIDI rock.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. It's not 1998 anymore.

It's not 1993 either so stop shilling Doom.

you don't know shit about stuff you're talking about. ever heard about gzdoom?

watch that bloody great knife

>you need a sourceport to make this piece of fuck playable

lmao

and then shits in its own mouth and dies
cool /thread

sure, doom aged like many other games from that era. isnt quakespasm a source port too?

Halo 1 on the PC with easy to outaim enemies is legitimately a better game than Quake 2 vanilla.

I'm probably younger then you.
And most modern games are shit compared to doom.

thats uncalled for.

>admitting to being underage

MODS

>you can look up in it and the soundtrack isn't some fucking MIDI rock.
this is how i know youre a casual

>easy to outaim enemies
???

I'm one of those Halo kids that went to old arena shooters when 343 took over for Bungie.

You elitist fucks have been fucking right on the money with every recommendation, from Doom to Quake 1 & 3, Duke, Blood, all that shit.

But quake 2 is dogshit.

Lots of enemies kinda sidestep in a way that is only a problem on a thumbstick. You can track them vary easily with precision weapons since Halo balanced weapons like sniper rifles by the range at which sticky aim is enabled.

On PC some aspects of the weapon sandbox are even more broken than they were before.

>hating on the doom midi soundtrack

It adds to the quickness of the gameplay, fucking kids yall be the reason midi died.

whyd you quote me senpai i pro doom-midi

best track coming through
youtube.com/watch?v=NlWDSvNSzlA

PSX had both better soundtrack and audio. Guns felt like guns not like toys.

Good then you can turn the auto aim off.

Yeah in sourceports that allow me to also look up and down. Doom in it's vanilla form is a pile of shit.

what happens if I like all three

MIDI is fucking shit.

MOD is where it's at.

Q1 - Best aesthetics and atmosphere.
Q2 - Best gameplay

>Q1
>best aesthetics
>brown castles and black caves

that is literally why it exists

they were going to use a different name but it was already copyrighted so they said fuck it, call it quake 2

And red mountains and blue churches.

Q2 is brown brown BROWN throughout and all its weapons feel like fucking shit; on top of that the multiplayer side traded Q1's overpowered rocket launcher and all-important red armor for the introduction of the railgun that would change Quake multiplayer forever.

>Q2
>best aesthetics
>brown warehouses and brown everyting else

No it didnt you tasteless ninny. Its mostly ambient effects good for a horror game but not a fast paced shooter like doom.

I also liked unreals umx.
youtube.com/watch?v=8vTvHsHx4TM

Doom is not fucking fast paced at all.

why are you trying to start controversy? is it because you know a shitty quake 2 thread wont last without shitposting?

>unreals umx

That's what I meant.

youtube.com/watch?v=yq9xJB9_lpU

to be fair, he isn't strafejumping. quake 2 has the quake 3 type strafejumping

It is compared to most fps. Either way I dont believe the ps1 music fits it at all.

I do like the ps1 hud however.

youtube.com/watch?v=XIUULIh2meI

youtube.com/watch?v=cixW6rogZ48

youtube.com/watch?v=qVOHTGYoM6E

youtube.com/watch?v=jY6yBTYxLko

r8 but no h8 m8's

It's not fast compared to Blood or Quake. Show a webm of this supposed fast pace that isn't a speedrun.

Why peeps hated it so much?

>everything I don't like is a shitpost!
t: (You).
Quake 1 never impressed me, and nu-Duum is just literal trash. Deal with it, kid.

Generic setting with dull environments and level design that made you want to fall asleep in front of your keyboard. John Romero leaving was a deaf sentence on id.

Quake II got one of the best video game soundtrack in existance.

Prove me wrong, I fucking dare you.

youtube.com/watch?v=IpndTkxFkVY

It really does, such as good game.

Hitscan enemies everywhere.

you must be over 18+ to post here... i mean seriously.. atleast try to pretend

It's what they did with Quake after DooM2.

starting a thread by saying a mediocre game is better than more commonly praised games is a pretty easy way to troll and i refuse to believe you aren't. let me guess, you are also the person saying doom is not fast? quake multiplayer maybe, blood is slower than doom both in movement and engagement. gameplay is different for blood because most common enemies are hitscan so you have to take cover and plan, tossing dynamite around corners, but this isn't fast. meanwhile doomguy speeds around rooms and literally runs circles around his enemies

youtube.com/watch?v=ya8QxDC4fHU

SUCH FAST GAMEPLAY

>What *I* consider good or bad are the laws of this world!
t: (You).
Gb2/leddit, school, what ever the hell you came from, and grow up. Q2 is a damn great game. I like it way more than Q1, which was a brown borefest.
Nu-Duum was shit. I said it months before release, I say it now. Literal flavor of the year crap for the casual console crowds who've let their brains melt with a decade's worth of terrible Cowadooteh shit.

I finished Quake 2 on N64 years ago. Don't ask me how, don't ask me why, but I did it.

you what now? in q2 you can go at sonic fucking speed if you have the skill (protip: you obviously don't)

show even one clip making either quake singleplayer (because note i do believe quake multiplayer is much faster) or blood look faster. even that (1) webm of level 3 is not fast at all, moving room to room slowly. it takes 6 pitchforks to kill zombie on medium difficulty, and he gets back up on high difficulty taking even longer, and guess what, you have to use pitchfork in the game because ammo is scarce. this is not fast. quake enemies also take much longer to kill making progress slow. if you decide to disregard speedrunning you aren't grenadejumping to the end of the map so i wont consider it faster in any sense. here is an example of me playing

ok

what you showed is faster than Doom

>all its weapons feel like fucking shit

the chaingun was incredibly satisfying for its time and it was the first game to have a railgun

>fan made wad

lmao

stop replying to an autist you faggot

Does John Romero count as a fan?

yes

it was made by romero and a lot of the original game's maps play like that. they are designed to trick you into feeling safe, or alternatively feeling uneasy knowing you probably aren't. they always throw split second decisions at you from huge monster closets to hitscan enemies

this is from scythe. its combat itself is faster

he doesn't know who john romero is, stop replying to a child

>post two non vanilla maps
>THAT'S HOW DOOM WAS LIKE TRUST ME

nah it was like this

>i-it doesn't count even though the original map designer made it

It shits all over any fps game ever made.

Ye nigga, i just made u reinstall it, go play that shit right now

quake 2 is just like tim willits

it has no soul

i had already had them recorded

how can people prefer boring ass lockdown arenas over this

>plasma gun too big
>perspective on weapon makes it look like an handaxe, yet a sideways hammer at the same time

also
>making a thread about which is better
>made by the same dev
>evolving ideas over time
>implying Quake should be exactly like Doom and vice versa
idiots, all of you

It's been a long time since I've played it, but Q2 was really boring and I stopped playing pretty early on. It felt so slow and lifeless compared to Doom, but also lacked the tension of Q1. Just more generic in general.
It wasn't bad, it just didn't hold my attention.

for you, also your screenshot i forget what level it was but don't remember it being slow either

E4 is still not technically vanilla

That's bollocks though, quake 1 had far worse weapons with little impact to their use. Quake twos sounded, looked better and had trade odds to their use.

>when in doubt throw a left jab at it

I see Doomguy has boxing experience

Reminds me of this.

where is this axe from? I remember vanilla had a sledgehammer is this a mod or DLC?