>can't rocket jump
>autoaim
meanwhile Quake
>enemies are more agressive
>shotgun is not the ''I will carry you through entire game'' ez mode
>no invulnerability bullshit if you don't wanna take damage you have to get gud
>can rocket jump
>have to aim yourself

let's face it the only reason why Doombabies say Doom is better is because it's way easier

wtf i hate doom now

> I never played wads nor hell on earth mode

Yeah cool thread but fuck off

Quake enemies are much more tanky, you can't kill most of them with a shotgun round or two like in Doom. This really makes a difference.

I agree, Doom is shit, I've played through the quake singleplayer so many times and it's just 100x more fun than any doom wad

>hell on earth mode
apparently you've never played Doom because there's literally no such thing you idiotic child

>fan made wads mean the base game is not shit

wow I guess Fallout 4 is an amazing game because of mods too not to mention wads don't change the fucking enemies

>m-mods will fix it!!!

doom fags are THIS desperate

>Quake
>Rocket launcher is overpowered
>Having to aim yourself means you have more control and lets you deal with difficult angles
>Simultaneous enemy count is significantly lower
>Can use vertical movement to skip what otherwise would be a challenge

Let's face it, the only reason why Quakebabies say Quake is better is because it's way easier.

Few weapons in videogames are as satisfying as Doom's shotgun and super shotgun.

>Quakefag thinks he's right
Quake is even easier than doom due to the fact that you can just cheese your way through the game with explosives. Just lob frags/rockets into a room until everything is dead before they can even get to you. It also has shit bosses.

Oh and let's not forget that Quake literally invented the "tanky bulletsponge enemies" artificial "difficulty" bullshit, and also failed at it because it's pathetically easy, on top of being boring.

At least Doom was just easy. There's a reason quake is fucking dead, and you should die too.

>having more control is a bad thing

>Damagecontrol initiated
you game is inferior fuckboiz go back into /trash

Doom is more difficult, has better level and enemy design and better more balanced combat and no whining can change that
/sage

even after all these years Quake 1 is still the pinnacle of FPS

nothing comes close in blending pure speed, great level design and tight control. it just feels fuckin good to play.

>let's shit on something popular to get a bunch of (you)s
You must be 18 or over to post on Sup Forums.

>unique ways to get through a level faster that require map experience and motor skill
>way easier

>implying Doom didn't have bullet sponges
>what are Lost Souls
>what are Barons

is this the 2000s again?

>Easy is a synonym for bad

Just kill yourself this is embarrassing

It is, yeah.

you lost the argument.

Unloved was a Doom2 mod.
It got a standalone game.
While it's a bit clunky in menu and to figure out what the fuck is happening, it's pretty fun and fixes some complaints, like OP just listed.

Lost souls die in 1-2 shotgun blasts if you're not a retard, and Barons are the only bullet sponges in the game since they are supposed to be strong as fuck in the demon hierarchy.

Meanwhile some fucking Flaky Puff shaped piece of shit with sticks for legs can take more than 5 grenades to die.

Thats why your game is dead and dooms dancing on its grave

At least DOOM survives with mods.

Quake died away even with mods.

Lost Souls can't die from 1 shotgun blast.

>Oh and let's not forget that Quake literally invented the "tanky bulletsponge enemies" artificial "difficulty" bullshit, and also failed at it because it's pathetically easy, on top of being boring.
SHOOT THE CYBERDEMON UNTIL IT DIES

>argumentum ad populum

Dismissed.

I think both these games are great and fun for a lot of people

>ad populum

Stop using words you dont know how to use retard, you are throwing a bad light on the quake community (if it can get worse)

>game with proper mod support has a community

Who knew?

OPs point was about the game at their core levels and he blew you the fuck away

Doom only had only ONE bullet sponge enemy and you only encounter TWO of them throughout the entire game, meanwhile Quake's entire cast of enemies are tanky.

Are you surprised the bosses don't die in 2 rockets? What about fucking Shub Niggurath in Q1 who can only die through telefragging, huh? Invincible bosses with >le epic weak point!

>uneducated

>I LIKE [GAME X]
>THEREFORE I HATE [GAME X2] AND [GAME Y]

Why does everyone on Sup Forums do this?

>Shit game compared to the granddaddy of awesomness
>somehow blows me the fuck away in some kind fucked op dimension only faggots get to visit

cant say i care, really since "arguing with retards 101"

>Barons are the only bullet sponges
Hell no.

Dudes are enormous. Twice as large as the player. Their ranged attacks hurt plenty and their claws take away a chunk of your life fast.

They are not bullet sponges. They are bosses/miniboss.

>People prefer the better game
Who knew?

No matter how many "refutes" you present, you still lost and your game is dead, because victory is all that matters in the long run, and DOOM won.

>Serious Sam > id shit

apparently you don't know how to read

>cant use words nor phrases
>no arguments
>insults

Im 12 and fuck my asshole starter pack right here. Dont you have a bloodorne thread to shit up with your incompetence or sth

>your game is dead

so is Doom. People play Brutal Doom not the vanilla one I wonder fucking why.

Quake is still the better game though whereas Doom needs heavy modification to be as enjoyable

i agree and i only played serious sam 3

We're talking about tankiness of enemy types in a game, not their overall power.

Yes, Barons are powerful, but they're also bulletspongy. They can take a lot of punishment. My point is that they don't die in 1 hit from anything.

you really have to ask how much more fun a bullet-sponge boss is compared to a press-X-to-win boss
either way, shub-niggurath's lair is full of a fucking million varied enemies, so the boss is really the gauntlet to get to the symbolic gesture of winning the game by killing some fuckin thing, so im not sure you even played quake

apparently sucking your dead fathers dick is the only activity besides playing quake you have

no thanks. I like level design

I knew you were underage but don't make it so obvious next time

>i only played serious sam 3

go cry bout it on reddit boytoy

>Quake is still the better game though whereas Doom needs heavy modification to be as enjoyable
Quake had its engine broken down and made into things like Half-Life and CoD. Goes to show how shit it was that somebody managed to make something more popular by scrapping it and rebuilding it from scratch

Literally nobody remembers quake but a handful of faggots like you lmao

>he just keeps going

What an idiotic point

quake is extremely good

I'm way too old for this place

>hell on earth mode
why do Sup Forums kiddies pretend to play games on anonymous forums?

been meaning to get more into quake since I fucking love Doom so much

other than Quake one, what good mapsets exist?

Old graphics can look magical as shit

What a great looking game

>keeps being a punching sack
I have fun spitting in your mouth and you asking me to di it again, quakeslut

>remembering every difficulty setting of every game you played ever

emberassing, go fuck a dead horse or sth

yeah doom is also, both games are amazing

>>remembering every difficulty setting of every game you played ever
>emberassing, go fuck a dead horse or sth
lol poser confirmed

I bet you post in the /vr/ doom cancer general. go back to halo where you really belong kid

Nah Doom sucks cock it was COD of it's time - casual garbage for shit eating cunts.

Nah, doom is overrated garbage, all the redditors pretend to like doom because it's the new cool thing

>"I have no counter argument" the post
Thanks for conceding.

>emberassing
are you literally 12?

>Fully admits to being underage

Moderators

Well considering you can't even remember that Hell on Earth isn't a difficulty mode, how can you remember how hard it is? You're mixing elements of different games in your head, you're not fit for discussing these games.

Also Doom is easy as fuck but it's slightly more fun. Any other opinion is wrong.

lotta people itt younger than either game

my work here is done, this thread can die as your shit game. Bathing in excrements from all games made before and after it.

Whatever helps you sleep at night my retarded friend

Don't reply to me as if you're going to defend yourself.

You said something so foolish that people didn't even have to break down why you're an idiot. They just made fun of you because it was such a terrible point it was a waste of time to do so.

But since you're curious, no, a game having great games stem from it's engine does not make it shit. Sorry. Think before you post next time.

Did you just happen to forget about Pentagrams of Protection?

i like both games but prefer quake mostly due to the atmosphere and the (in my opinion) superior enemy design.

they existed, but they they were pretty rare

Quake
>bullet sponge enemies
>almost all enemies have a melee lunge, and almost all the corridors small, making it so that combat is mostly just back pedaling while shooting, considering you can't do any close juking of the enemies
>slow movement speed
>game literally can't handle more than a small group of enemies at one time during combat, as you can see in user made levels, you will see absolutely none of the big fights that can be had in Doom, which are even in the base games
>healthy degradation above 100, meaning if you're good, you'll get punished a lot of the time if you want to explore the level for secrets
>movement, and weapons are much less weighty/impactful/satisfying, as well as the music being boring compared to Dooms, even if it was atmospheric
Only real problem in Dooms enemy design is how easy it is to just strafe around enemies and shoot inwards to the crowd, but that can be solved with good level design, might want to make the enemies a bit more fast/dangerous as well.

>big fights
>in Doom

this meme again

>cherrypicking
>has such a bad memory that he can't remember bigger fights in Doom
Doom 2 was the one with bigger fights anyways, even if a lot of them were "kill boxes" of sorts, and the aesthetics/secrets/general level design wasn't as good, the gameplay was definitely more fun in it. Funny thing is, that amount of enemies is one of the bigger ones you'll see in Quake.

Show a big fight from Ultimate Doom. Also if anything showing the few bigger fights from D2 as a proof how hardcore original Dooms were is cherrypicking if anything.

How is a whole second game filled with big fights cherrypicking? The two games took a considerably different approach to the enemy encounters. Doom was had more paced out like Quake with smaller encounters, although it didn't have to necessarily do that like Quake does. This one is a decently sized encounter.

So it's ok if first Doom had few enemies on the screen but nu-Doom is bashed for it?

>this thread is still here
Look, kids, you have to be 18 or older to be on Sup Forums. Leave.

>all of my favorite shooters are from 90s and early 2000s

w-what happened to god tier FPS? why do these days we only get good tier at best? is my taste just shit?

fpbp

Its almost like Quake has less enemies and smaller levels because of how taxing 3D was for computers at the time so they (in a smart move) made the enemies much tougher.

Saying Doom 1 had small amounts of enemies on the screen at all times is silly. Personally I really liked D44m, actually one of my favorite shooters. Definitely don't like how there's a restriction so that only 8 enemies or so can be in an area at the time, and that they're just all spawned in with none laid out on the map.

>8 enemies

such a swarm

Both are legendary FPS.
Enjoyable experiences.
I like them equally

>didn't play the game/level
>doesn't know about the cacodemons

Quake was technically more advanced than Doom. But as a video game it was was a turd.

The fuck cacos have to do with anything? Don't you mean Pain Elementals you motherfucking casual?

one of the best things about quake 1 is that there is no modern reboot or brutal doom equivalent, so you can still talk about the game without being drowned out by zenimax shills or stupid people

Kill yourself immediately casual pleb, don't ever talk to me ever again.

quake 1 still has the best use of vertical space out of any FPS game

You can still talk about Doom 3 and how it is better than NuDood.

Doom 3 would be received way better if it didn't have Doom in name.

I love to have sex with horses.

same but this isn't the time or place for that discussion