ITT Masterpieces that NEVER EVER AGAIN!

>STORM DRAGON!
>HEAVENLY WAVE!
IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!

Man, why haven't we gotten another one. This game was fucking awesome.

Do you really want current day Bioware to touch this??

Reminder that Glorious Strategist is still the best Bioware antagonist.

Probably because it's fucking impossible to play today. I tried installing the GOG release not more than a week ago with an r9 290 and a 2500k at 4.9 and the game was playing like a fucking slideshow.

THREEWAY

Truly the greatest.

I loved the first couple of hours of the game, but oh boy does it get comepletwky trivial about halfway through. With the right styles you can just stunlock everyone to death. Its really fun to have an epic final boss kungfu show down where you just wail of the all powerful master for 5 minutes.

played this earlier this year.
pretty cool setting, nice writing, good storyline.
combat sucked ass, but that's pretty much a given in old RPGs so i dont really care.

only complaint i have is the shortness. i expected something as big as KotOR, but it ended up being not even a third as long as that. a shame, but i enjoyed it while it lasted.

I'm playing the Steam version right now.

The configuration tool is fucked so you have to bypass it but otherwise the game runs fine.

Also. While most of the characters are the typical boring bioware stereotpyes a few of them stand out. I did really lik the world and the setting is a great idea. Id love to see some more eastern fantasy settings for rpgs.

I feel it was the perfect length by the time I was at the imperial city I was totally sick of the combat and just wanted the game to end.

Truly one of a kind.

One of my favorite games. I was hyped when I heard about the HD remaster but then found out it was pretty much shit on PC and never gave it a look again. Amazing game but felt short.

Jade Empire was garbage.

Insanely predictable plot, shitty gameplay, implementation of dlc character jew tactics.

I'm tired of neo/v/ pretending it was good

If anyone made a game like this in the modern era, it'd be roasted to hell for being cultural appropriation.

Not OP but I sort of disagree. Sort of.

It's a BioWare game so it is definitely predictable. For a period of time there was this certain structure of every game they made.
>MC going about their life
>Some crazy unexpected shit happens
>Start adventure with one ally but quickly gain 4-8 more
>Find out secret about your past
>Only person who can save the day
>must make "hard choices" that are easily either good or bad
>Go undercover as a bad guy into secret base
>finally meet main boss bad guy
>get choice to save the world or rule it

I did like Jade Empire though. Part of it is nostalgia. At least the setting deserves props and the characters too. Story is good for one, maybe two play throughs. Very predictable though like you said.

Doesn't work on my PC anymore. Played it on steam a while back but now it runs terribly. Tried all the solutions online but nothing seems to work. Windows 10 lol.

Because Bioware got bought out, all the original developers are all bunmasters.

I enjoyed it, but it's far from a masterpiece.

>that fucking awful combat

I had the steam version and it gave me the exact same problem. Guess you got lucky.

What an amazing game.

Fable was amazing, especially when I hadn't heard all the promises about it.
Fable 2 was really fun. It didn't have th same feel, but it was cool.
It's sad they fired before making another game though.

Jade Empire was okay, I played it on the Xbox a while ago. Didn't feel like something I'd want to play again, though.

it didn't even get that great reviews, and that was when people still respected Bioware

The only promise I remember hearing about was being able to grow facial hair in game and shaving it. I was like 11 at the time so that seemed cool. When it actually came out I forgot about all that stuff but really loved how much I could relate to my character. At that time the whole good vs evil thing was new to me.

I hyped Fable 2 in my head more, especially since it was now on the 360. The customization was nice but they removed features that made me love Fable 1. I only wish they had made a PC port.

Jade Empire was the beginning of the end for bioware

This is one of those good but not outstanding games that you just forget about over the years.

Sure it's fun while you play it but there is no lasting impact and there were no big developments made by the game.

That was Never winter nights though.

Combat was bad, dialogue was even worse, good was either be reasonable or be literal hitler

>Tfw Fable 2 could have been ported to PC and had a difficulty/battle system mod in another reality to make it brilliant to play and replay but instead our reality gets a port of Fable 3 that's absolute dogs hit and worse than Fable 2 in every single way.

>good was either be reasonable or be literal hitler

well thats how real life works /r9k/.
back to your d&D and retarded alligments

For some reason I didn't like the press and hold magic system. I get that it let you use a spell as long range and area of attack but it was inconvenient when you've leveled up a spell. Why use a weak little flame when you've leveled it up to be a huge fire blast??

I didn't like the fact that magic is just plain overpowered. It was in Fable 2 as well, but in Fable 3 it's pointless to use anything other than magic.
The enemies have absolutely no defence against magic. Or even try to avoid it. That's the problem with the series but it's worse with 3 by far.
(Amongst everything else that's worse in 3, relationship system, plot, characters, inventory management that's slow and cumbersome, worse sidequests in the series, a final 'boss' that's an even bigger joke, just. Everything really)

Mirabelle!

Mr. Mosquito.

In Fable 3 once I figured out mixing the vortex and shock spell gauntlets the game was broken. Lifting up every enemy around me, shocking them every time they passed each other and picking them off with a pistol was too easy. I played it for my friend to get him money so he could buy all the properties was kind of fun. But you figure out a formula real quick.

Fable 1 had the best elements of RPG and adventure without being too casual but not too hardcore. It makes me want to go into game development to make a game like that but I imagine I couldn't play that game because I would know everything about it and how it ends and what all the secrets are.

I liked Jade Empire. But really it is generic, looking back the combat was tedious and none of the characters were that special. I think I just liked the eastern setting and voices, was kino.

>none of the characters were that special.
Henpecked Hou was in jade empire.

The people responsible for this already left aside from Laidlaw and Karpyshyn.

>why haven't we gotten another one
But we did get an android port :^)

how do you play with no controller?

I dunno, I haven't played it.

I love cute Chinese girls.

fuck

>that moment you turn into a fuckboy because the xenoestrogens from that plastic doll seep into your saliva

This is why everyone wants to fuck asians

checked

Because anime

I honestly question whoever asks for another one.

This is one of the worst games I've ever played. There is some cool characters but uh.

The combat, item management and character progression were some next level garbage. The whole styles idea would be so much better if you could seamlessly switch between and if your dodge wasn't a full screen invulnerable warp for god knows how much time.