Who did buy WiiU? Are you going to get Switch?

strawpoll.me/11760625

Bonus points for reasons.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/f/AshleyW.swf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'll get it after the inevitable hardware revisions.

i.4cdn.org/f/AshleyW.swf

Yes I will buy the Switch

>Did you buy the Wii U?
Yes.

>Are you going to get the Switch
Yes, but only once it is hackeable, I am not paying for censored games.

I brought Wii U, and I will buy Switch if it has games I'm interested.

I'm not poor, I'm getting all new consoles and upgrade my PC every year.

I only picked up my Wii U earlier this year and regret not getting it earlier. Mario Maker alone was worth it, imo.

The Switch looks like it's going to fix both of my issues with the Wii U, i.e. provide more third party games and let me play the tablet in bed.

I bought one and didnt really regret it. I played the games it had which was xenoblade, bayonetta and monster hunter. Its been gathering dust under my tv for a year now though. As far as the switch gies I qont be picking one up anytime soon at least not until it has games and actual support.

yes, im waiting for more news and if they are positive i'm gonna sell this piece of shit or probably give it to my cousin so i don't have to carry around stuff everytime i go visit my family, and then buy a switch

But you can play the wiiu pad in bed.

I was thinking of getting a WiiU for party games. But after the reveal of Switch I might just wait for it.
A bit unsure yet really

own a wiiu and will get the switch.
buying it for the usual 1st party games, even tho the library is going to be small as fuck again.
will never use it as a portable ever, it will stay in the stand and i'll use a normal controller.

the new zelda looks like shit though

To be honest aside from all the meming that Sup Forums spouts daily about the Wii U, Pretty much all the games I got on my Wii U I enjoyed. Didn't care that it was underpowered because the games were good. And I'm planning on buying a Switch but I have to see what the launch lineup will be so I will know if I should get it at launch or a few months after.

I don't want to move my Wii U from the living room to the bedroom all of the time.

Depends. Will it be the new main platform for future MH games?

I also want to buy JP console this time, so I can escape this censorship bullshit. But I'll probably get raped by kanji.

it's region free so you can import your weaboo trash if you're so worried about cartoon tits

Not a single game yet that makes me want to buy a Switch console. It can change in the future, but for now i'll remain with WiiU and its Zelda version.

The Switch is rumored to have no region lock.

>But I'll probably get raped by kanji.
頑張れ、アノん君。

You couldn't get me to buy a Wii U if you offered me Emma Watson's asshole to play with.

The Switch looks very interesting on the other hand, but I'll wait to see what it can actually do and what games it'll have, ironically I'm not interested in Nintendo games, so 3rd party will be a big deciding factor for me.

It depends if it has Monster Hunter and Fire Emblem.

Bought a Wii U pretty early on. Not bad, but had far too many droughts.

Both this AND the 3DS's pitiful launch are what's making me decide to wait 6 months for the Switch. I'm sure it'll be a fine system, though.

Huh, now that I think about it, it seems like WiiU is a beta version of the Switch. So WiiUfags got rused into being beta testers?

No thanks, I cant read moon and I don´t have the time to learn it, I barely have the time to gaming.

I might, if they make it so you can play 3ds games and stuff on it like you used to be able to with the nintendo gamecube, that was dope as fuck

I bought a Wii U, thanks to it being $200 and I wanted basically a GameCube 2.0. Kind of disappointed with the library it received, even if some of those titles were really good.

I'm not planning on picking up the Switch. To be honest, I was really hesitant to pick up the Wii U, and haven't bought a Playstation/Xbox system since the PS2. I'm mostly getting out of console games, as they really have very little to nothing I'm interested in. We'll see how things work, though. I'm still doing handhelds and if the Switch replaces the 3DS with its portable game library, I might be inclined to pick one up. For now, though, no interest.

I did buy a Wii U.

I will buy a Switch if it gets more than 5 games that interest me, just like I did with the Wii U and all other consoles.

Bought a wii u at launch. Will get the switch at launch

Wii u is by far my most played 8th gen console, almost off of Mario kart alone. I could see being upset if you got a wii u late but I played nsmbu, pikmin 3, w101, freeze dong, 3dworld, bayo2, etc. All as they were coming out. Sure the wait sucked between games but it wasn't my only console

If switch really does get new mario, botw, Mario kart, splatoon, and smash all at launch it's no question. I'd be fine with the games coming out every month also, I can't play them all at the same time anyway

>these results

Did you post this shit on r/nintendo before coming here or what?

No. It was created 20 minutes ago and only posted in Sup Forums

I think most people on Sup Forums would get a Switch, provided it gets games.

This but because Nintendo game prices are always retarded high. Or maybe I'll skip it if they only release reheated Wii U games.

I bought the Wii U when it was at bundle discount, I figure I'll do the same for the Switch.

Because your poll doesn't have undecided options I'll just say it here.
I bought a WiiU, I was majorly dissapointed with it hardware and software wise. I'm not sure if I'll buy a Switch, it needs the following
>A proper 3D Mario
>A Metroid game
>F-Zero with great online.
>A METROID GAME
>6 hour battery life minimum
>A FUCKING METROID GAME
>No 'filler games' that lead up to nothing. Make each game like it's their last.
>AND CHRIST IF YOU'RE GONNA MAKE A METROID GAME MAKE IT THE BEST DAMN METROID GAME YOU CAN FUCK THE WIIU AND IT'S METROIDLESS LIBRARY

I purchased a WiiU shortly after it was released after I traded in my 3DS so that I could play Monster hunter, Smash, and MK8. All 3 were very good games, but Nintendo shit in my mouth by making the following MH game for 3ds only. I thought it would be redeemed when the new tennis came out (it was shit) and the new Mario party (minigames are good, but the board game aspect is non existent. bowser mode is the only reason to play)

I'll probably buy a Switch after it's release, but I won't be purchasing it right out of the gates.

Yes because now that I havea little bit of money im a slave to nintendo

>but Nintendo shit in my mouth
>by making the following MH game
Of course, must be Nintendo and not Capcom.

ye

i'll get a switch after beating BotW, because by then the initial forced drought of consoles will have passed. Fuck searching.

3D World is the best 3D Mario game. Period. If you disagree, your opinions are meaningless.

3D world was indeed great, but 64 and Sunshine are still better
If you disagree, you're probably too young to be here.

DUDE FLOATING BLOCKS LMAO

>you must be 18 or older to post here

I'm gonna wait a few years at the least unless a really "must-have" game comes out (like a Gotcha Force sequel or some shit).

I got my Wii U as a gift. It's alright. After I played the initial games I wanted for it, it really only became a Mario Kart/ Smash machine for when my friends come over. Even then we don't play it by that much. I probably won't be getting a switch unless I get one as a gift. The last Nintendo console I bought for myself was the GameCube.

Why does one from Sup Forums must ALWAYS use food analogy on their arguments?

Why?

I bought a WiiU relatively close to launch, and I really enjoy my little guy. I knew going in that I was buying solely for Nintendo games and if I got decent 3rd party ports then that's just cherries on top.

It was a fun ride with the usual suspects, though not getting a new Zelda until the end of it's life (Breath of Wind) is pretty lame, in addition to no Metroid at all unless you count the Prime trilogy on virtual console. But all the staples have been pretty great and a few nice surprises like Wonderful 101, and a stellar Deus Ex Human Revolution port rounded up the library. It's a shame the WiiU is going out with a whimper, the last few months of releases have been barren, but overall I've been satisfied with my purchase.

I will NOT be buying a Switch however. If their online support is as backwards and archaic as WiiU's then I will pass on the system as a whole. After buying a PS4 and upgrading my PC I just can't accept such limited online support.

Media is ingested by the mind

>making the following MH game for 3ds only
That's Capcom's choice

>Did you buy a Wii U
A friend gave me his
>Will you buy the Switch
Not until at least 5 good games come out

Woooooah

i'm going to get it because i'm a MHfag and the next MH (the first mh on a playable console for a long time) will be on it

we dont really get much choice in what hardware we buy

Switch automatically do better than Wii U since they're forcing gamefreak to put the next pokemon games on it

Bought a Wii U once it got a couple of games I wanted and dropped in price a bit.
Will most likely buy the Switch whether right away or further down the line depends on what they show in January, but I'm pretty sure it'll have enough exclusives I want.

I bought a Wii U the day after BotW was announced.
No way am I getting a switch

I'll probably wait before buying the Switch. So far I haven't really seen any games that would make me want to buy it immediently.

However I did buy a Wii U when the Mario Kart 8 deal was going around. It was worth the money but I still got butthurt due to the infinite Zelda delayment. Also 'hurr, durr, no Metroid, muh censorship and AM2R take down". Whatever, I am open to let them suprise me.

Welcome to Nintendogaf, enjoy your stay.

>he paid for an Xbone

I got a Wii U two years ago for $80 at Wal-Mart so almost no regrets. Going to wait for the Switch, buying it day one only if new Zelda game is ready for the console's launch day.

Bought a WiiU

Probably won't buy a Switch because Nintendo is obviously in its twilight years. The quality games of the SNES, N64, and GC are behind us.

I bought WiiU near launch and have gotten fairly good mileage out of it, but there were some times where I wondered what the hell Nintendo was doing or thinking.

I'll get a Switch but I might wait until after I'm done Zelda on the WiiU. It depends on what releases for it at launch.

>buying a console day one
>for a game you can emulate
Sasuga.

>bought a Wii U
No regrets. Even with all the shovelware, all the censorship, and zero multiplats, it still has more exclusives than both PS4 and Xbone combined. Plus, it's now hackable and you can do region-free and easy piracy. If you already play multiplats on PC, you might as well get the Wii U for the good exclusives.

>will probably get a Switch
Depends on the exclusives. I never understood why people act like Nintendo lacking multiplats is reprehensible. Why would you want to play multiplats on obviously weaker hardware? Just play them on PC, or if you prefer, PS4/Xbone.

>Did you buy the Wii U?
Yes.

>Are you going to get the Switch.
Already saving up money for it as of now. But if it ends up with no games that I want, I will just spend that saved up money on new games instead.

The biggest problem with the switch is it looks too much like the Wii u. The thing is the same size as the Wii u game pad; if that is the part of the console that is portable than make it fucking portable. Imagine lugging around the game pad, that thing is so big and uncomfortable for commutes. The max size it should be is the size of a Vita. People want to be able to throw it in their bag and play on the train. Can easily see them release a mini revision in the future.
The only thing it has going for it is new brand name and screen casting.

64 is better, but sunshine isn't.
you're right that they're all good though

>The max size it should be is the size of a Vita
No thank you. I don't want a flimsy piece of plastic with shitty triggers and unergonomic design.

Wii U was overall enjoyable but yeah it pushes the boundaries on the "was it worth the money" question

Will be buying the Switch though I'll need the details from the January Direct to know any certainties.

I didn't buy wu but will buy Switch day one. My problem with Wii and Wii U was always motion controls and weak hardware

>Wii U?
Got one for Christmas its launch year. It's OK, but I play it the least out of everything I have (all platforms besides the Xbone).

>Switch?
If it comes out around tax-return time, sure. That's when I buy all my hardware. It gives me a sense of comfort to know I don't have to worry about Something I Want coming out for Something I Don't Have.

Bought a Wii U a couple of years into its lifecycle and got an insanely good deal on it. It's alright, but the game I had the most fun playing was Metroid Prime Trilogy, a VC copy of a Gamecube game ported to the Wii.

Won't buy a Switch at Launch but I can already feel the itch to buy one. Although I haven't picked up any game at all in about 9 months so I don't know why I want it.