this game.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ls_CD4mB42s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

But that's a movie

What about Uncharted 4?

is art

I'm not seeing any video game.

IF YOU DO NOT TELL ME WHAT GAME THIS IS, RIGHT NOW, I WILL COME DOWN ON YOU LIKE THE HAMMER OF THOR! THE THUNDER OF MY VENGEANCE WILL ECHOE THROUGH THESE CORRIDORS LIKE THE GUST OF A THOUSAND WINDS!

A game has to be fun before it's pretty.

Sup Forums will never understand this.

So what? You will fart in my general direction or something?

But there's no games in this thread

>that drop near the start
Disgusting

It's in my PS4 slim bundle.
I wonder how bad/okay it will be?

it is fun though

what non-gaem

Uncharted 4 was good, but not great. A fine installment tho

I WILL HAVE YOU AND YOUR FAGGOT WIFE BOTH SUCK MY FUCKING DICK, THAT'S WHAT

Off to Sup Forums with you

First few hours are utter shite. It spends way too long trying to build up to anything.

Combat is "ok", it just does too many things automatically so that a disabled person could play them. (They literally designed the controls around being inclusive to disabled people).
youtube.com/watch?v=Ls_CD4mB42s

Overall decent, Multiplayer is ok. But I can't muster up any motivation for a 2nd playthrough.

>Interiors are baked so much dog doesn't even look like it belongs there
L M A O

Whoah dude!

enter the paradise.

Different time of day

>(They literally designed the controls around being inclusive to disabled people).

I don't speak arabic, what does it say?

The disabled person thing needs to be enabled though kek.

I think a full playthrough might not be worth it but i have used the encounter select quite a few times since i beat it.

Solid 8/10 game

>it just does too many things automatically so that a disabled person could play them
Naughty Dog know their primary audience is literally retarded.

Probably. But Sup Forums is focusing too much on the graphics.

>shit quality webmshot
In HDR it looks better.

see You can only see the shadow on the dog while it adjust the lighting.

Baby named Angela Merkel denied asylum in Germany.

Turkish refugees name baby Angela Merkel and are denied asylum in Germany.

The whole combat just seems easier than the previous.

>Swing across
>Press 1 button
>Land on enemy and kill him
>Rush nearest enemy
>Press 1 button and kill him
>Rush next enemy
>Press 1 button and kill him

I'll give it some credit though, cranking up the difficulty doesn't just make the enemies bullet sponges. You can still drop them with headshots, but you can also drop them with the single button press. You're just unlikely to survive rushing into them.

it can be all the pretty it wants and all the unfun it wants, it just wont sell if too unfun

>enemy is looking away from you shooting at a wall
>enemy runs past you to shoot whatever is in that corner
This has to be a joke right?

>it just does too many things automatically
So it's assassins creed with guns?

Last AC I played was Unity, which they removed the insta-kill move unless you jumped down onto them. Uncharted has an instakill button if you rush an enemy.

So what's the justification for Uncharted characters to do all that shit?

>enemy is looking away from you shooting at a wall
the enemy is shooting at the three other dudes breaking out of the prison with you. They have ski masks and assault rifles but they dont help much other than as a minor distraction

What difficulty did you play on? You can't do this on hard more and above.

Ive tried.

Syrian refugees named their new-born baby "Angela Merkel". It was in the news back then.

They were denied asylum a few days ago

action-movieverse

nvm im retarded. You are right.

One thing i really found satisfying was that encounters will change drastically according to difficulty. They will have snipers and rocket launchers and even more shit depending on the difficulty in the encounter.

Only that? No training or something?

>interrogation marks
they're called question marks you dumb shit

weird
my keyboard doesn't have a triangle key

>button prompt
>fucking button prompts everywhere, every single instance throughout the whole game
>cant turn them off

This has to be the most obnoxious trends in recent game design. I hate this so much and it seems like every AAA title feels obligated to do this nowadays.

Why is she built like a fucking tank.

Uncharted 4

Fun fact:
Turkey has a lot of syrian refugees (~2million I think) and everyone hates them

is that supposed to look good?

even watch nogs looks better

On Normal you can do it constantly, on hard you just have to hide behind something after a few, then wait for the enemies to come to you (which they nearly always do after losing sight of you for a few seconds).

Didn't try the hardest difficulty, since completing Grounded on TLoU was an ordeal I'll never forget.

>Pic Related

Encounter took me 30+ tries to get through

>wahhh developers tell me i can interact with objects, I should be confused and pressing on every object to see if I can interact with it

>sonyfriends get their first prebaked tech demo and won't stop talking about it.

these animations seem awful... choppy isn't the right word
it's like they don't link together well, you know everything looks just a little too fast
maybe you don't notice it while playing though, idk

would you fuck Cassie's teenage footpussy?

>Unchartedfags are so stupid they get confused when there aren't button prompts

>Footfags

>I can't muster up any motivation for a 2nd playthrough.
just like every uncharted game then.
I can't even remember the story in a single on of the games

Oh i only did that one on survival i believe.

Its rough with the 1 shot bloater and everything.

My experience on hard was that it was pretty much always better to go stealthy rather than guns blazing because you could be killed rather easily.

fuck off with your feet and show us the dog's asshole

Magnetic. They zip towards whatever they need to interact with. Is there cover nearby? Zip towards it. Is there an enemy nearby? Fly to the right spot to punch it.

>these animations seem awful
if by awful you mean amazing. They flow together almost perfectly

no. There are way more elegant ways to make something intuitive than literally flashing the button on the screen "push that button now you retard! GAME!"
Did you even play any game that came out before this became the default?

Not a argument

The thing is, its not a pre-baked tech demo.
Only part of the environmental lighting is prebaked, all characters and moving foliedge etc. isn't prebaked.

That thing however is a tech demo where everything is prebaked.

uncharted has good graphics and animations but it's a really boring moviegame and the only people who play these moviegames are people who don't actually like video games but are too dumb for actual film

Is this the fabled merely pretending post?

>I should be confused and pressing on every object to see if I can interact with it
Sounds like you being stupid to me.

yeah they should make the item shimmer really obviously like in every other game

why is this even a big deal again? The button prompt only appears when you get near the object

>There are way more elegant ways to make something intuitive
Name them

inside the house everythings prebaked, cuck

If you care about this videogames aren't the hobby for you

Whachu talkin bout willis?

the games never say how he became such a one-man-army

he's just really good at everything he does, like James Bond, while simultaneously being extremely lucky

Except for all the moving parts cuck.

When you say everything you just mean lighting and shadows.

Besides the character model can walk into any light situation and she will have just as high quality light on her as the environment.

>They flow together almost perfectly
That's because the characters basically glide to the perfect spot every time a new animation has to trigger.
Look at the webm he was quoting: at 0:04 Nathan is behind a pillar, he tries to move forward and slightly to the right and he immediately zips towards the banister. At 0:13 you can see Elena skipping forward to punch the soldier, then Nathan zips right next to her to do the "pick Elena up" animation.

Training? We spent most of the beginning of the game establishing why he started training for it.

Besides would you want him to train before every move he does in a game? Would you honestly prefer there to be a rocky montage in this webm?

Gameplay doesn't translate to story, user. In canon, he stealths and runs through a lot of encounters.

Well, it is maybe just a pet peeve of mine. Obviously many people dont mind.

I dont know why it is needed and sometimes it feels like a lazy way to get the player to do what he is supposed to do.

It also feels sometimes a bit patronising. If I am at the end of the game, I know what the interaction button is and the game has established its rules already. It doesnt need to still flash "PRESS X" with a picture of the literal button on the screen. Can also be kind of immersion breaking in some instances.

That's a good point, now I think about it I wish developers would add the option of turning them off for a more immersive experience.

Sometimes I wonder why the uncharted developers make the decisions they do when it comes to button prompts. Sometimes you can just walk up to a door and it'll start the animation, sometimes you press a button.

Plenty of video games give some semblance of an excuse/justification for a protagonist being capable of killing groups of soldiers/mercs.

that's because it's a videogame and not a movie. The player has to have immediate, responsive controls and the animation comes second to that. Nathan dives into cover very fast because cover saves your life from the hail of hitscan gunfire

>It's a Sup Forums doesn't even know what a video game made in the 2010s looks like so they complain about bullshottery thread

But that is a clear sacrifice for gameplay. Besides it doesn't look that bad regardless.
It almost looks spot on. I have yet to see a game where you can do quick movements in as quick succession as you can in this game, while looking this smooth.

tons of games do it. I'm playing bloodborne right now and every interactive object you walk up to it puts a big message up on the screen that reads "PRESS X TO [do something]"

>256mb ram
>graphics card equilivent to Geforce 6800x2

Still blows my mind

And plenty of videogames don't give excuses or give completely awful excuses
Training doesn't explain why you can take on 10 or so guys with similar levels of training

>Muh HDR
>it looks better HDR
No it doesn't, it just helps colors and blacks, literally nothing else besides parts of exposure
You sonyggers will cling to anything to defend your baked interiors

Not to mention the amount of animation. Take for example, the Order. It looks great, but the stealth kill and melee is always the same. In fact, if you kill an enemy in the same spot as a previous one, the body will fall down the same way as well. Uncharted does a good job of varying the animation based on location and other small things. The future is if they also react to dead bodies(jumping over them so they don't trip, moving out of the way as they fall, etc.) usually once a bad guy dies their body just becomes clippable physics doll.

Fair point. Providing an option to disable obvious button prompts (while keeping interactive objects visually distinct from the environment) could please players that feel like you.

Unfortunately enough these AAA games were not made with the usual Sup Forums user in mind, but the larger mid-time gamer audience.

Yeah, it is especially a shame in games with good design, that dont really need it

It actually does sacrifice gameplay. Not sacrificing gameplay would be letting the player in control instead of teleporting you around to put you in the perfect spot each time for the nicely animated one-button attack.
Zipping you around is marginally better than robbing you completely of control, but it's still not ideal.

>shitty 20x14 webm quality looks on par with 4k + HDR
Kill yourself.

Not even 4k
HDR only helps with color,blacks, and exposure, doesn't magically increase the graphical fidelity

Neck yourself

>2 mildly attractive individuals copulate
>resulting offspring looks like an abortion

so nate was cucked right

I think the individual animations are actually good, but the way that they transitions between the different animations for different actions is very jarring and makes it all look awkward and unatural.

Someone post the melee combat webms where Nathan Drake is just sliding towards different enemies like he's Batman

>their body just becomes clippable physics doll.
Thats actually not true at all.

In Uncharted 4 everyone will step onto the bodies and have proper physics for it. They just don't have mannerism specific to dead bodies.

They did a heck of a job with physics in this game. You can stand ontop of a body, or even kick them around a bit, but not more than what would realisticially happen.

The Jeep section/truck chase section really shows off how solid the physics are because you can see bodies bouncing and shit in accordance to the terrain the car is driving over.

not even close to 4k

that's the worst AI I've ever seen

I don't own a PS4, I played Uncharted 4 on my mom's console. The game is great, and graphicaly good. The AI is actually going on your back, a thing I almost never saw in TPS games.

Uncharted is like making a great game about a James Bond or an Indiana Johns. People are gonna bitch it's like a movie, but in this case it's a perfect formula of Story/Graphics/Gameplay.

This game may be a corridor, but it's a good one, with a lot of details and time put into it.

Go away shills

well in both Uncharted 4 and in Bloodborne you can just turn off the HUD and play it blind (if you're good enough). I have to do that for any game whenever I use my parents plasma TV anyway, to prevent burn-in. In BB I just have to go by my gut and press start to check my status when I'm unsure, and in Uncharted you have to look at what Nate has on his person (grenades, weapons etc), you have to watch your gun's tracers to aim, and you can only tell if you're low on ammo by pressing reload and seeing if it works