This is the absolute best and worst place to discuss videogames

>This is the absolute best and worst place to discuss videogames

How does something like this happen?

weebshit and e-celebs

Neogaf is better

niche game threads are perfect
popular game threads are cancer

reddit too

The benefits and detriments of anonymity.

Anyone can say anything, express any opinion about something and you can only address the opinion, not the person. In any other forum with usernames and other things that give identitiy to the speakers, irrelevant petty shit like seniority, post count, history of the person are also added to the weight of an argument.

Then you also have a lot of faggots who use that anonymity to openly express their faggotry.

Free speech

This. Anonymity prevents most forms of bias.

I'd free her speech, if you know whadamean

There are people here who have been posting about video games on the Internet for 15-20 years, and people who only just started.

There's not a doubt in my mind that those old timey veterans are simultaneously master shitposters and effectively contribute to most vidya discussion

no its not

everyone here is a fuckign asshole

>why it's best
No karma means you can say whatever you want and share whatever opinions you please with no repercussions whatsoever.
>why it's worst
No karma means you can say whatever you want and share whatever opinions you please with no repercussions whatsoever.

>tfw started in a forum about Kingdom Hearts
>now I'm here

I wondering what's worse

untill you have outsider opinions

That's not true at all.

On a place like gaylien you're comment would be hidden for not following the culture of the sub.

Here, your post is there for everyone to rage at.

Free speech doesn't mean everyone must like it.

Because anonymity means equal levels of everything

Best Place: Honesty, little viral marketing

Worst Place: Underage, delusional, fanboys that are jealous of other consoles having releases more than once a year.

yo gotta read between the lines you fucking asshat

If everyone is a fuckign asshole, then no one is.
Not at all. I've seen over the years regular arguments with ground being gained by the "less-popular" opinions when people actually argue their points well.

Another big positive is that threads only last days at most and then disappear. Where a forum with years of threads stored will cause existing topics to effectively stagnate, the same topics can come up on Sup Forums again and again. It may come off as "this thread again" but each time there's always a little bit of difference or something new that comes up, and that sometimes shifts perspectives. That really wouldn't work on a traditional message board.

Despite the fact that Sup Forums and Sup Forums has a very rude and flippant attitude it honestly feels like a better and more friendlier community than anywhere else on the web.
Because of the anonymity I seriously just shrug off being called a faggot or a retard, but on a normal forum I will be hesitant to post, and if someone criticizes my post I'll be discouraged from posting again, and you'll never win in an argument with the higher ups.
Yeah you'll get a wide range of opinions on games and you can figure out all of the pros and cons of the games you will purchase so you can get a well rounded understanding of it instead of just 10/10 must play or 7/10 it's the worst thing ever. No game is perfect but at least you find the stuff that genuinely interests you

Nah, it’s stupidity and bad reasons that people hate.

This board tends to hate BioShock Infinite, for example.
But you’ll probably be met with agreement if you praise the game for things like the aesthetic of Columbia, the soundtrack, Elizabeth’s character design, and the cinematic direction of the ending cutscene.

If, on the other hand, you say it has the best writing and plot of the last decade, that the combat mechanics were complex and inventive, and the level design was top-notch, you’ll get insulted. And you would deserve it.

You're a faggot and a retard

This basically.
Any game that is fairly popular will draw a cancerous thread that makes you contemplate whether or not humanity deserves to keep existing.
Niche and less popular games usually have the best results as although there are less people that also means that there are less shitposters.
If you want better discussions of popular games, /vg/ may be a better choice.

this is pretty much it

>/vg/
>discussion
Have you seen /feg/ or /owg/?

no popular game threads are the best because they're the only place where people are actually extremely critical of popular games

professional reviewers on their best days are not even 1/10th as critical as Sup Forums on their worst

niche game threads are just like popular game threads anywhere else AKA pointless wankfests

You're a faggot and a retard.

But I guess I am too since I agree.
As long you're not trying to discuss the most hyped trash, you get some great discussions here. The biggest problem is how the least popular game threads might die too quickly.
I'll miss Sup Forums as a whole one it goes down, there's no other place on the internet where you can say anything in your heart without any risks.