Bloodborne thread

Fuck the Forbidden Woods, this place is like a gigantic maze

Just follow the path.

I like the woods.

Nice change of pace from all the cityscapes that dominate the first half of the game.

It's pretty linear actually. Bloodborne just looks too cluttered I think.

I finally got to the end and I was like "is that a boss area up ahead?" and then I took one step forward and was locked in fighting the three Shadow of Yharnam guys. I got swamped and they killed me. Fuck it took me like a half hour to kill all those pigs and vipers. The OP webm I recorded this morning, gave me a hearty chuckle

>Get to Cainhurst
>raped endlessly by fat spider bitches
time to git gud i see.
where is the best place to grind twin blood stones?

This. Yharnam is pretty intricate but everything else after is pretty straightforward. Looks like they went ahead and applied that straightforwArd route all throughout das3

Scratch that I forgot nightmare frontier. Good luck with that area user.

Literally the best level in any Souls game ever.

There's nothing more fun than guiding a newbie through it. Nothing.

>Showing them how to avoid traps
>Leading them through the RE4 village
>Blowing their minds showing the the Iosefka shortcut fogwall
>Warning them about and protecting them from the Cannon
>Leading them to the Suspicious Beggar
>Showing them how to get the Graveguard Set
>Introducing them to the Celestials

>twin blood stones
Hypo Gaol? I think sackboys have a chance of dropping them.

Sackboys are dead as fuck in my game.
patchwork wolves raped them to death.

w-will you help me? my ps4 is already supposed to have arrived, so, any day now...

i've only ever gotten through souls being a magic and 100%phys shield bitch, pretty sure BB will destroy me.

"sackboys" look creepy as fuck

also I am glad I am not afraid of snakes because the vipers are really unnerving too. The fucking giant rats in central yarnham scared the shit out of me too. Cant wait to see the spiders

Ring that beckoning bell and I might be the one to help ya. I co-op that zone quite often.

You should also have access to the nightmare frontier which I find an easier time then Cainhurst and theres quite a few Twin Blood stones there iirc

I never felt like I had a fear for snakes until I played through this area.

All of those enemies were unnerving as fuck.

Whose graves are the giant ones? It couldn't be a great ones gravestone, could it?

Why the snakes? I still don't get it. Okey, we have a beasts (who basically are werewolfs) and ay lmaos, but what snakes suppose to represent?

Vermin infested creatures.

This guy is fucking awesome lmao. The voice acting is perfect

just run

>the lizard manages to scape
Holy shit.

Hello vaati

>Ask lore question
>Get correct answer
>Feel insecure because of how ignorant and stupid I am at not figuring this out on my own
>Deflect with idiotic shit like "VAATI" or "HEADCANON"

Get fucked.

why does his sword disappear during visceral attack animations? He literally looks like he is fisting a rhino

Because that's exactly what he's doing, user.

I love Bloodborne. It's just the right difficulty. Challenging without being unfair.

Source: I just beat Orphan of Kos

Because you fist the porks in the ass.

it's a pig

>Hasn't seen Planet Earth 2

What on earth are you doing with your life?

>mfw the majority of areas in the game that are beautiful are ruined by "LMAO LETS JUST DUMP 200 ENEMIES IN IT AND FORCE THE PLAYER TO JUST RUN THROUGH IT ALL IN A STAMINA GAUNTLET TO THE NEXT LAMP"

Why even bother designing the level if you are just gonna ruin it with dumb decisions? Still love the game, but fuck that annoyed me

Forbidden Woods is just too long without finding a lantern. I can get like 50,0000 blood echoes just hiking my way back to fight the boss again

Use two handed weps on the tick women. You can stagger lock them with ludwigs, for example. Don't attack them with one handers, and dont try to parry them. I do not believe they can be parried.

>cainhurst
>spiders
There's only ghosts, gargoyles and blowdart assholes, the fuck you on about?

>raped endlessly by fat spider bitches
just go inside

>Too much of a saggy vagina to actually play the game
>Cheats and then whines it's not fun

Mcfucking kill yourself.

How did you manage to miss all of those blood spitting flea fuckers in the courtyard

Holy fuck this thread just reminded me I bought the old hunters I completely forgot about that

I said Vaati because he actually made a video about this shit and it is stupid. He also talked about how poison is somehow also Vermin infected.
How come snakies are vermin when every boss actually drops vermin when killed in The League? I believe it is only their imagination as the story behind it also suggests. Why would some hunters in the dlc drop vermin when they have nothing in common woth the forbidden forest and snake minsters?
It is literally another of Vaatis shitty bloodborne theory so fuck off

PLAY IT

I fucking envy you nigga. Have fun. Shame you spoiled it to yourself tho

They're so bad he had them professionally removed from his memory with a hypnotherapist.

>Playing DS2
>Friend who's never played Souls games comes over
>Let him play just before entering Black Gulch
>lol this game isn't that haWHAT THE FUCK IS THAT WHAT IS IT OH SHIT OH FUCK IS THAT A HAND WHAT THE FUCK
>Sprints and dodges all the way through some how
>Gets to The Rotten
>THIS IS BULLSHIT WHAT IS THAT FUCK OH SHIT OH GOD HELP ME
>Beats it somehow
>Hands controller back
>lol this game's not so hard

>Tfw I fall off the cliff survive then surrounded by AYY LMAOS

On my first play through on the Shadow fight so far it's pretty great.

>I said Vaati because he actually made a video about this shit
Good for him.
>. He also talked about how poison is somehow also Vermin infected.
Slow Poison probably is. Rapid poison is more likely to be related to mercury.
>How come snakies are vermin
They aren't. They're infested with them.
>every boss actually drops vermin when killed in The League?
Two equally likely answers: Option 1: The vermin you get for boss kills actually come from within you and you're cleansing yourself when you do this. Option 2: All the bosses have some vermin inside them.
> I believe it is only their imagination
You'd be wrong.
>Why would some hunters in the dlc drop vermin when they have nothing in common woth the forbidden forest and snake minsters?
Because Vermin are incredibly important. You do realize they're what cause beasthood in men right?

>It is literally another of Vaatis shitty bloodborne theory so fuck off
NO U. Seriously. Fuck right off, nothing upsets me more than ignorant retards trying to lorefag.

he did you know...get though the area and beat the boss. not that hard. he is just emoting alot. is he black? cause i know i get loud and say things when i first run in to crazy shit like fucking Ay lmao's shooting me in the woods

OOOOOOOOH, right. Ludwig's stunlocks them for easy murder.

Just got my piss4 and BB yesterday. Finished Father Gastral Intestinal and stopped there for the night. Without major spoilers, does Insight provide any bonus for the single player experience, or is it just for summoning? I'm playing offline because fuck monthly fees.

I'd like to know how people not using easy mode (ludwig's) beat some of the tougher bosses.

>does Insight provide any bonus for the single player experience
Yes. Build it up quickly.

Hello. There is an insight vendor right outside the door to the left when you enter the hunter hut. Its a bit hidden but you can buy additional gear and rare supplies from the insight vendor. So insight is basically a different currency besides blood echoes.

You can buy stuff with it, amongst other things

but it tickles compared to my axe. i leveled it up to 6+ but my axe is 8+.

first souls game btw.
how should i build my character? ive been doing HP/STR/Skill

once high enough you see things and new enemies appear.

There's an insight shop where you can buy stuff for insight. Some clothing can only be gotten this way. There are also some NPC summons and some bosses are much easier with them.

You mean Kosm?

What he said

Stop using LHB.

Sorry I can't mass reply on my phone, but thanks for the Insight on the matter. Now about these new things/enemies I'll see: does it happened based on my current insight total, or my lifetime total? i.e will spending insight mean I'll have to wait longer to see these new things?

What evidence is there for thinking snake monsters are infested with vermin when vermin causes beasthood turning you into a werewolfy monster and not a snake like monster?
Only thing implying that they are ridden with vermin is that Valtr resides in the Forbiddn forest but the Twins actually owned a snake and sunmin him eith the whistle and they are confederates so why the fuck would they use a being and keep it as a pet that should actually be their enemy?
What does the snake monsters and Shadows of Yharnam have in common with beasthood and Vermin?

I wanted a Bloodborne Zwei. Turns out its boring in this type of game, I'm sorry.

Current not lifetime

Without spoilers, Id also like to add that there is an enemy later in the game that sucks on your head. Don't let them do it too much since the attack drains insight. It's not readily apparent since insight is tucked away in the upper right corner so its easy to miss that its being drained away.

>99 insight doesn't change anything
>it doesn't make Arcane strineger
ONE JOB MEMEZAKI

>
Spoiled it?

its important to have low insight for a certain build.

Only some say Kosm

>"Mask of the Madaras twins, denizens of the Forbidden Woods, likely belonging to the older of the two. The twins grew up in silent kinship with a poisonous snake. Eventually they learned human ways, and became hunters. When they discovered vermin even in their beloved snake, the younger brother is said to have murdered the older."
Good enough?

>What does the snake monsters and Shadows of Yharnam have in common with beasthood and Vermin?
The only thing I can't explain and don't think anybody can properly explain is why the Shadows use SNEK MAGIK

Meant for

At a certain point in the game you actually want lower insight; you'll know when.

I agree.
Fuck that place.
I love the game up until the Woods. Then I get stuck and frustrated and walk away.

I cant stand the moveset. So no problem on that front.

Old one tier:
>Church Pick
>HMB
>Whirligig
>Saif
>Kos Parasite
>Rakuyo
>Bare fists
>Threaded Cane

Good tier:
>Bloodletter
>Wheel
>Bowblade
>Saws
>Chicago
>Beast Cutter
>Boomhammer
>Amygdalan Arm
>Tonitrus
>Burial Blade
>Reichtpallach/Rifle Spear

Drake Sword tier:
>Hunter's Axe
>Ludvig's Holy Blade

Poop tier:
>Beast Claws

>a peaceful sea dwelling old one seeking only to give birth
>viciously hunted and killed by dozens of ships filled with spear chucking hillbillies
>dies, and washes up on shore
>her premature offspring manages to liberate itself from her womb, only to be slaughtered for it's Cord by Gehrman and Maria
The Kos clan had a hard life.

>wanting to make the game harder on yourself
kek

There's no indication Kos was killed by anyone, she just died and washed ashore.

>waaah I need muh crutch muh epic sword like guts so I can beat the game
Pic related is you

If it's in the game it's fair game, bro

I think those are monuments or tributes honoring or worshipping the great ones presence. Also it was said that initially people believed Great Ones came from the sea, which may explain why those monuments are all by the sea

>no indication
I could rattle off a dozen different things that indicated exactly that but I cannot be assed -- actually here's a couple
>those dozens of destroyed ships out at sea
>the crazy fishman damning Byrgenwerth, (whom both Maria and Gehrman belonged at the time) and asking for mercy to be given to the "wizened child" or, the Orphan
>Maria's guilt was too much to bear as she tyhrows her Rakuyo in the well, and subsequently kills herself

There are a few others but I think the evidence points heavily towards Kos being hunted, killed, and the Nightmare being brought down upon Yharnam.

>When they discovered vermin EVEN in their beloved snake
Yeah but that means they were suprised by it does not imply that the snakes are special monsters because they are ridden with vermin. They just figured out that there is vermin also in their snake just as any other enemy.

>SNEK MAGIC
I believe that snakes are just si ethibg that is there without any lore sense that is not headcanon. It is a poisonous area and damp forest filled with giant snakes and the boss just uses snakes because that's when it is located.
What ARE the shadows anyway? Why are they in Mergo? Are they human or what?

none of those things point to kos being killed by humans

So what would you consider all of those destroyed ships out at sea? The fact that it is a FISHING HAMLET? Is it just sewper kewl visuals?

THE GAME FUCKING CONFIRMED HOW SHE DIED. IF SHE WAS SLAIN, SURELY THE GAME WOULD SAY SO. ALL IT SAYS IS THAT HER CORPSE WASHED ASHORE.

WHALERS DON'T WAIT FOR DEAD WHALES TO WASH ASHORE

Well Kos had to wash on SOME shore so why not make it a fishing hamlet than just a random shore? They actually damn byrgenwerth for being responsible for their curse they never show some remorse which they definitely would if they were the ones that killed her. Also she shows no marks of being hunted down and no descriptiln even hints at that.
The only thing are the ships but I guess they are just abandoned since the sailors are turned into fish people also visuals.
Are you retarded? It's a great headcanon but still only a headcanin with no real ties as the viklagers are shown as the victims and Byrgenwerth would simoky examine the corpse and their sin would be far smaller than actuqlly killing mother Kos.

>beast cutter only in good tier
I'm gonna revoke all of your nigga points.

wooooooow i believe in aliens now

>THE GAME WOULD SURELY SAY SO
EXCEPT THIS IS A FUCKING FROM GAME, SOME OF THE MOST VAGUE STORYWRITING IN THE GAME. MOST OF IT IS LEFT FOR INTERPRETATION AND INVESTIGATION

>WHALERS DON'T WAIT FOR DEAD WHALES TO WASH ASHORE
It wasn't a fucking whale, they knew that. It's a cosmic horror as far as they were concerned, they wanted it dead or away, away.

And no, I'm not saying Byrgenwerth was responsible for Kos' death, but they are all but certainly responsible for the Orphan's death.
>The only thing are the ships but I guess they are just abandoned since the sailors are turned into fish people also visuals.
From just doesn't put things there for the rule of cool. There are always clues alluding some something that isn't explicitly stated that casuals just gloss over. It's one of the greatest parts of the Souls/Borne series that it's up to the player to piece the story together.

>STORYWRITING IN THE GAME
Storywriting in the industry*. Sorry, I'm too shook.

>tfw you played through the DLC and had no idea that shit on shore was Kos because you imagined Kos as a giant demon thing and not a whale

>tfw you imagined that the whalething ate the orphan of Kos and he escaped from its stomach after it got beached

>play for a week straight
>make steady progress but still not beaten
>"wtf is this?"
>"wtf was that?"
>want to participate in Sup Forums threads and read the wikis for answers and lore but can't because I don't want spoilers

Meanwhile the game just seems to go on and on forever.

I'm having fun but its also torture.

Aw man I'm about to do forbidden woods again... always get so fucking lost.

>EXCEPT THIS IS A FUCKING FROM GAME
THAT'S FUCKING IRRELEVANT. THEY STILL COMMUNICATE THE MOST IMPORTANT DETAILS. IF THEY HAD KILLED HER, WE WOULD KNOW FOR SURE. MAYBE NOT WHY OR HOW, BUT WE WOULD KNOW IF.

it's pretty straightforward

You're absolutely wrong. I'm not going to say they don't make some things clear, but to say with absolute certainty that they make everything 100% crystal clear is ludicrous.
>THAT'S FUCKING IRRELEVANT
Jesus user. It's the one of their trademarks. Don't act like it isn't.

Huh, that's weird. For me it felt like it ended way too soon. Bloodborne is a damn good game, but a bit short. Even with the DLC it's still kinda short.

Did you do the non-root Chalice dungeons

>to say with absolute certainty that they make everything 100% crystal clear is ludicrous
GOOD THING THAT'S NOT WHAT I FUCKIN' SAID
> It's the one of their trademarks. Don't act like it isn't.
I'M NOT. YOU'RE JUST BEING AN IGNORANT LITTLE RETARD WHO DOESN'T UNDERSTAND -HOW- FROMSOFT IMPLEMENTS THIS TRADEMARK. THEY AREN'T NEEDLESSLY VAGUE ABOUT MAJOR EVENTS. ONLY DETAILS. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE READING A STORY IN A LANGUAGE YOU'RE BAD AT. YOU'D BE ABLE TO GET THE LARGER PLOT ELEMENTS, BUT THE SUBTLE SHIT WOULD BE HARD TO SUSS OUT.

Same, but don't worry the area inside is way way easier. I never managed to beat those thick bloodsuckers, they just fuck me up too bad. Probably because I use the blades of mercy?

Yeah, I did. But I've only done them once. I haven't had the motivation to go through them again on other characters. Yharnam was a pretty good boss though.