Inb4

inb4
>generic corridor shooter
>DUDE IT'S A MASTERPIECE

Will Half-Life 3 ever come out? I know Valve just does whatever it wants but don't they kinda owe it to the fans?

it will come out when they figure out how to implement community market like in counter strike or dota2.
last time they tried it with portal 2 and it didnt work. best case scenario, they will release it valve time and it will feel just like ep2 2.0. worst case scenario, it will have similarities to fallout 4, open world "save the planet Freeman" type of story with player gathering resources and saving outposts or some shit.
I have lost faith in valve few years back, to me they are on same level ubisoft was 10 years ago

yes and you will never know if the game is actually good because there will be 2 groups of people:

>Holy shit this is a masterpiece based gaben does it again
>1000 years for this piece of shit kekkekekekekekekeke

Tbqh, I heard there is a huge cliffhanger at the end and I think it just would be nice if they finally let it come to an end.

Also I want portal 3 fucking Valve!

Forget it. It doesn't even exist on paper, nobody is working on it and probably nobody will for a long time. They couldn't keep their shit under wraps the last two times, no way they could keep it hidden.

>inb4 random files with the number 3 in source 2 files

Or you could just play the game and form your own opinion.

>guiz these files that say hl3 don't count cause....uh......

I would like to see it come out as a comic or a short SFM movie so at the very fucking least we can have closure in knowing how the series ends.

I don't think anyone wants it as an actual game anymore, people just want to see how it concludes after the cliffhanger episode 2 ended on.

>huge cliffhanger

There really isn't, Eli just wants to talk about G-Man and then gets killed at the end. Proof that the writers themselves have no idea what the G-man is supposed to be and it makes sense because the story in Half Life has always been an after thought and gameplay comes first.

Valve should just make a fucking HL3 movie in Source Filmmaker. It would be about the same goddamn thing as those linear as fuck, boring pseudo-FPS games and it would resolve the HL2e2 cliffhanger and story without them having to make an actual goddamn game.

I bet they are waiting for vr to be good and popular

i.e. it is never coming out

>the story in Half Life has always been an after thought and gameplay comes first
HHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

My god in hell, there is someone that actually believes this. HAHAHAHAH.

It'll never live up to the hype. Even Laidlaw left.

Just announce that it'll never be released and put it to rest already.

*tips*
*off to play epic open world skyrim*

Keep dreaming. Faggots like you are the reason everyone still wets their diaper every 3 months when a gaming event takes place or some fat guy wears a shirt with the number 3 on it. It doesn't exist, face it.

Not a argument

Valve can't even finish the fucking TF2 comic even when the staff working on it has confirmed that it's been 99% done since September/October. A Half Life movie would be impossible for them.

lead writer literally said it himself, more proof is in portal 2 dev commentary where devs made caroline and glados the same person later on

They scrapped Half Life 1 because they didn't like the gameplay and scrapped it mid HL2, just look it up, Half Life 2 was a completely different game before. In fact the only reason HL2 takes place in post soviet European country is because the lead artist changed and they decided to invent the 7 hour war amd relocate everyone. There is nothing to believe it's a fact.

Not that guy, but you're delusional if you think Valve is secretly working on this big HL3 masterpiece underwraps.

They've more or less confirmed in interviews that they don't care about HL because they don't think they can make it live up to the hype. The only thing stopping them from making a formal announcement is, I suspect, they want to keep stringing fans along because they think it's a cute meme like jokes about their horrible procrastination and Gabe's weight.

Episode 3 isn't happening. All you have are esports and VR to look forward to.

You can't ever know because Valve doesn't communicate except for the occasional stupid idiot intern on Twitter that bitches about something or says something stupid to try and get progressive brownie points.

Supposedly they have HL3 and Left 4 Dead 3 in development for a long time, but God knows what they're doing with those games.

>it's a "I'll question your lack of evidence while providing no evidence of my own" episode

I hate those.

I've thought about this for a while now and to be honest, I don't want it to come out. I'd prefer a 30-45min sfm movie by Valve, or a comic, or Gaben Tweeting the gist of the HL3 plot.

I want an ending more than I want a game at this point.

People like you are the reason why the world is so shit.

Yeah, they've counted for a whole lot haven't they? Oh right. They've counted for nothing. Valve has failed every single time to keep shit hidden. Some how this time the only think that slips is some 0 data files that are named hl3. No way in hell that could be a place holder or data string short code right?

They should let Naughty Dog make it and do a partnership with Sony. Sony gets the game first. Comes to steam six months later with mod support.

Keep thinking that twat

Well excuse me for getting tired of waiting on a cliffhanger for almost a fucking decade

As opposed to people who want a sequel to a mediocre FPS more than any other possible game ever?

I want this to happen just to see the shitstorm.

>just finishing my annual playthrough of HL2, Ep1, Ep2
>no hope whatsoever for HL3, and even if there was I wouldn't believe it until the fucker actually releases

Well atleast I have the dark souls series to push through for awhile

Valve are waiting until they find a way to monetise in-game content in such a way as to not alienate the original fans of the series.

>kelly bailey left
>marc laidlaw left

Why even release it at this point?

>marc laidlaw left

That shit is still upsetting.

What if they finished their part of the game? If the rumors are true and there are like 20+ people working on the game then it would still take a while to complete.

The story is done desu they are just waiting for technology to catch up