youtube.com/watch?v=3rridXskgWg
youtube.com/watch?v=GX5Kh1f5ksY
halo.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=70971904&postRepeater1-p=1#71003298
m.youtube.com/watch?v=JPTZMGiLaWY
halo.bungie.net/stats/halo3/default.aspx?player=xXHatedJok3rXx
youtube.com/watch?v=Hy_WkqgN2mI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wJCoj_ZB9Qg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because you're either a nigger or a retard.

FPS games aren't fun.

>all the custom games you played with friends

kys

>Why was it so fun?

Because you use to have friends back then

I'm rubber you are glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you!

Brought back the AR, great tools for custom games, pretty good online modes. Messing with the BR spread was really a bad move though.

I had a crush on arbiter

who /day1preordered/ here?

custom games
campaign co-op
arby n the chief
shitposting on bungie.net

I was at the midnight launch.

It was fun as heck.

I had a pirated copy and played three days before it came out.

>had

Always skipped gym class to go play at a friend's house. That three players campaign was really fun. Except for Cortana popping in your face all the time.

It was a simpler time. A less nigger filled time.

Who MCC here? Halo 3 in 60 fps feels pretty fun.

Arrived today, plan on playing it all night desu
Never even played Halo 2 either

Fuck, arby n the chief was just stupid, but comfy and funny as fuck at times.

Halo 3 in MCC is god awful. Something about 60 fps completely fucks with the hit detection. The BR feels useless compared to original Halo 3. I know you have to lead your shots, but it doesn't matter when they seem to miss 50% of the time.

It was well made and had a great story, plus the introduction of an actually usable level maker on a console was groundbreaking.

Honestly the Halo universe is too interesting to be constrained to just FPS games. Horror and even an RPG would work just as well within the world they built. Not that 343 is competent enough to pull any of it off.

What you talking about. 60 makes your BR shots more accurate.
Play that H2A multiplayer, it's fun as fuck.

Is Forge still in Halo 3 in the MCC?

Yeah, it is.

Yeah, there's forge for Halo 3, Halo 4, and H2A.

FAT KID
MONSTER TRUCKS
STOP LIGHT
DUCK HUNT
SMEAR THE QUEER
BUS STOP
JENGA
TRASH COMPACTOR
NEVERLAND RANCH
GHOSTBUSTERS
HALO ON HALO
SACRIFICE ON LAVA PIT

you just made my realise why I don't enjoy vidya anymore

What isn't fun about playing micless and pwning noobs?

Custom games
>tfw even if it got a remake on PC with all the old custom gamemodes I don't have friends anymore to play it with

>tfw your group met another group in matchmaking and you would go to custom games to play a massive game of duck hunt/termite/jenga/monster tucks

do you guys remember that map that looked like a school and the infected would start at the front of the classroom with a gravity hammer and have to chase everyone around the school and outside it?

my nigga

I never played Halo 1 or 3 properly 2bh. From what I played it seemed really mediocre though. Back then I had a PS2 and PC.

Over time however I've grown more comfortable with console FPS and can appreciate it for what it is. I don't mind playing Cowadoody on PS4 now. So I'm wondering... what was Halo 1's and Halo 3's MP like? As a console FPS it looks like it may have been a lot more fun than COD. Why isn't Halo 5 as popular anymore? Did they fuck the formula up or something?

Because Bungie focused on fun gameplay instead of graphics or an unlock system.

Kek you fedora

Halo 1 and 3 are just the best fps's of all time. The most unique fps games, literally. 343 just turned Halo into shit by adding CoD mechanics like aiming sown sights and sprint.

>Halo 1 and 3 are just the best fps's of all time
lol, ok kid

Don't forget ice cream truck

Post them armor set up bois

halo3archives.com/armor/armor-generator/
>Tfw can't have same set up in MCC

Tfw will never relive Halo 3 custom games glory days.

Remember the days youd start a custom match on a map you created and invited your friends/recently played with and they'd invite their friends and so on and so forth.

fuck man, good times

Freedom, other than fucking the online with pay walls.

Because you were a child or teen back then

People actually fucking used their mics. Even if it was banter, it was still fun.

I'm pretty sure people are still chatting on mics. Just through private chats though with their friends/party

Literally 1 number away from double trips.
Of course they are. Name 1 thats better. Impossible

>16 player infected on sandtrap with 3 people always surviving for 20 minutes on a warthog
It hurts so much

I heard xbone has built in looking for group (lfg) now in its interface. That's good news for setting up mcc halo 3 customs to play those minigames again.

got a 360 elite in christmas of 2007 for this

I got a standard white 360, but had good harddrive space. Also 2007.

Yup, party up with a lot of cool people because of this feature. Gg Microsoft.

Yeah and that sucks dick.

I remembers specifically getting this game after class with my buddy then chucking the game at this chinese ladies dog in my neighbourhood who lets the fucker run around without a leash.

I was terrified of dogs when I was younger and that thing was barking and charging at me

I'll start the chain of no party chat and start using my mic. Never used before. At first I will be speaking to nomics on my team lmao.

The fuck? Why would you do that to Halo 3?

I was terrified man. It was flight or fight.

I didn't think Snowbound was that bad.
I didn't think Isolation was that bad.

In fact I liked those maps.

Was it wrapped?

>always used to have a bunch of friends over to play as guests online
>maps people like come up
>one or two people veto
>counts down to launch time
>my party vetos at the last second to kill the current map
>Snowbound next

Every time.

Yeah, brand new and I haven't made it home yet

At least the poor H3 was protected. Chief would be proud.

I thought the Brutes were very well done in Halo 3 tbqh. Tough to fight at times and yet not as cheap as some elites were in Halo 2.

Brutes > Elites
tbqh senpaitachi

I.. disagree. Though, brute-shots were a very useful tool for getting to certain heights. Still not as cool as a rocket-sword glitch in halo 2 though.

I prefer the Halo 2 Brutes to all. Halo 3 Brutes played too much like Elites. Halo 2 Brutes were just these berserk damage sponges that had that awesome facepounding animation. It was neet having the Halo 3 packs and ranks and you could see them having their little sitting in a circle talks which would be cool to keep, but as far as dealing with them in combat Halo 2 did it better.

Also Halo 2's rhinoceros apes design was better than Halo 3's more straight up Bigfoot designs.

>inb4 not Halo 3
my halo 3 armor was always the default because I thought it looked the best

That bot arm. Reach actually works as well as 360 on Xbone now.

Does it now? I should get back into it and play some Invasion. I miss that
>Halo 3 armor

I.. don't remember brutes being in Halo 2.. Are you higher than I am?

>there will never be an ad campaign like this ever again

youtube.com/watch?v=3rridXskgWg

And finally
>Halo 4
Playing legendary solo was only worth it for the armor

>I.. don't remember brutes being in Halo 2..

>fun
There's that buzzword again

I remember hunters in that first campaign map, but brutes? Not so much.

you were younger when it came out
games seemed more fun back then
you hadn't discovered Sup Forums yet so you werent as prentious about games

but most importantly it was actually a great game the Devs put A LOT of effort into and its obvious. even the commercials had more heart to them
>youtube.com/watch?v=GX5Kh1f5ksY
as a fan of both Reach and ODST, Halo 3 fell like their last, farewell game

>playing this game throughout high school almost everyday
>play custom games whole weekends
>spend 2 months trying to get Recon armor
>shedding a tear when i finally get it after completing the last achievement

good time, good times...

Yeah fps is fixed. My h3 armos is similar. How the fuck you get recon. I just have it on mcc. Is that from when they gave people recon if they logged in during a certain period?

I'm biting this bait. Brutes were the main enemy in the game. They were even a major plot point, with Tartarus and all? Replacing the elites?

I remember those videos online where if you did stupid stuff like jump in certain spots, or do certain things in campaign then you'd unlock recon armor.

I remember this was the game everyone played together in highschool. The chads, the nerds, the band kids, the edgy goths, the pot heads, ect
didnt matter what group you were in and if you even talked at school, but everyone would play together after school every night without fail

I was so proud of completing the vidmaster challanges

Back in the day, you would complete these "Vidmaster" achievements in Halo 3 and ODST. They were weird ass things/ hard tasks to achieve, and once you completed them, you'd go on the Bungie website, log into your profile, and activate your Recon armor in Halo 3. I did that, but that very same night, 343 announced Recon for everyone. At least I got the cheevos to prove it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Uh, no? There was like, Elites and shit, and Hunters and shit, and like, a big ass robotic bug that we had to hijack/destroy, and a new covenant sniper rifle, but no brutes. Had tanks on a fucking bridge even, and a giant fucking soccer ball in a sky scraper, but a brute? You're off your rocker mate.

you need the vidmaster achievements
>tfw never got 7 on the 7th

spaceman armour + hayabusa is best though

Halo 3 was their good bye game pretty much.

Reach and odst was ok but any halo after that is nothing but mediocre money generators.

Holy shit, I found my bungie thread post asking for Vidmaster endure helpers. I miss this game so much

halo.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=70971904&postRepeater1-p=1#71003298

343 are fucking hacks.

FUCK MICROSOFT

>tfw did that in 08 but never knew you had to go to bungie.com to activate your recon.

Spaceman flyhead is in Halo 5, I think I got it.

Did sprint ruin Halo?

>we want the cod community

yes. yes it did.

Yeah, and smartscope aiming sown sights was the final nail in the coffin. Halo 6 wI'll have sprint, but they're probably going to nerf t even more.

it sure as fuck did

Here you goddamn moron.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=JPTZMGiLaWY

Rate my old bungie profile

halo.bungie.net/stats/halo3/default.aspx?player=xXHatedJok3rXx

So weird.

I'll never understand why rocket race wasn't permanent.

People that complain about sprint ruining Halo are stupid. Everyone can use sprint post Reach so it is fair. It also gives a much needed speed boost to the gameplay. Still feels like the same old Halo only with sprinting. Nothing like Call of Duty at all.

Yeah for Halo 4. For Halo 5 there's smartscope which makes it feel a bit like cod.

>There are people in this thread right now that had both shoulders the same

marty made the best music

My nigga, symmetrical shoulder fags should be laughed out of existence.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hy_WkqgN2mI

Find a better trailer than this.

You can't.

But I just did.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wJCoj_ZB9Qg