Tyranny

You know what? This game is actually pretty alright.

>buyers remorse

> obsidrone delusions

I liked it but it had a lot of flaws that were disappointing
>Limited options to actually act loyal to your overlord
>Rushed third act and ending
>95% of the characters suck (Lantry is like the one exception)
>Combat is Pillars of Eternity - Babby's First Edition - We Heard You Liked Dragon Age Deluxe
There's also the arguable issue of their implementation of women warriors but god knows that the last thing I want is to derail this thread into 500 posts of a retread of that debate for the bilionth time

It is. I'm on the anarchy route right now and thinking of doing a solo run with the Disfavored. Not sure if I can do it on PotD though.

that cover art looks horrible
did they just find some random tumblr art blog and let them do it?

Why does it look so bad? Is it meant to evoke nostalgia?

Subjective. I think it looks good, especially the Spires and Tunon's court.

Lethian's Crossing is maximum comfy and I wish we had a few more areas like that. Fuck the whole military aspect, just put me in subjected nice towns of people to dish out the law on. The game had such a cool concept and they failed it hard.

>tried it blind
>really weird but intriguing character creation, reminds me of the gypsies from ultima games
>except im evil, i guess
>die in the tutorial

fuck. debuffer/unarmed is probably a terrible build, but i think i'm supposed to just spam the knockdown combo move at this bit anyway.

It would be really nice if it wasn't so ridiculously easy.

Magic completely breaks the game from the moment you get the frostfire accent, after that it just gets worse with volcanic weapons and bouncing spells.

First bit can be rough. Did you have trouble with the "big" battle below the valley? Just focus fire on the one guy those other NPCs are attacking. The faster you kill dudes, the easier the game gets.

Debuffer is strong later on and much better with bigger party. Unarmed is affected by your gloves just so you know.

yeah i think you mean the right place.

also is the battle AI ok? i like to micro but im clearly rusty as hell at crpg and turning that off probably didn't help.

Agreed
My favorite part was when the strong women won

You need to set it up and not just use the default AI, otherwise they shit spells out and run while engaged to heal a party member.

It's not as great as Dragon Age's programmable AI but it works for Norm/Vet.

You can go all in on unarmed in case you didn't know. I only died twice going full unarmed.

Unarmed is broken, I'm stunlocking niggas to death, also

>the big bad plague archon is on his way!
>to be continued in the squeakquel...

>it's not Overwatch
>this game sucks!

Durr

you can act loyal just let yourself killed

Stunning isn't locked to unarmed so you can still use the stun skills while using a superior weapon like 2-handed or sword and board.

In fact most attack skills aren't locked to a specific weapon.

Do the recharge rates grow? I could stun 3 dudes before the 1st dude started to recover.

I'm not sure, but AFAIK skill recharge depends on your Quickness stat while regular attacks just use your weapon+armor recharge.

It was a pretty novel thing they had going on, serving the dark lord. A shame they dropped it like a rock quarter of the way through the game and became a generic hero story.