Fucking finally. 15 days to go!

twitter.com/WayForward/status/805934870048346112

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WayForward_Technologies
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Finally

>in the name field.

>Digital release date

Pfft, call me when the physical release date is confirmed.

Which games should I play anons?

He's a Shantae fan you can't expect much from them. We should be proud he was able to count the number of days correctly.

can I date cute monster girls in this game?

Bolo DLC

What if he's so excited that he became the shantae hype himself?

>Bolo
>dating females of any sort

>digital

I NEED TO FUCK ROTTYTOPS

>impulse buy the game digitally for $30
>wait a bit and own it physically for $24
Fuck decisions and shit.

>early codes next week for backers
Neat. I got in on early access, but my PC can't run it. Yes, it's that bad.

I'd put my weenie in that genie

I don't think that even qualifies as a toaster.

Why the fuck would you buy a game physically? There is no reason to at all.

it's a potato, chugging along, blissfully letting me do the bare minimum and not much else.

Part of me is considering it for collection and posterity, it'd go well with my PS4 Pirate's Curse and Risky's Revenge. I'll probably end up doing it.

Mine can't either, I'm grateful they gave me the chance to change it, got the vita version because that's all I have, I hope it doesn't run like shit

>got the vita version because that's all I have, I hope it doesn't run like shit
It'll be fine i'm sure.

So are they full of shit?

XSEED hasn't said anything yet.

Yes, they're full of shit. Amazon does this a lot, expect an e-mail changing it soon.

have they said anything about the prices?

$20 digital
$30 retail, comes with the basic OST

any worthwhile version differences? I was thinking of getting this for 3DS since all my other Shantae games are on there

It isn't on 3DS. No version differences that we know of.

Think again because it won't be on the 3ds

>Half Genie Hero
>3DS
user, you should take a seat. This might be rough.

>3DS

anyways, no

>no 3ds version
seriously? shit i could have sworn... alright. wii u version it is i guess. gotta keep the family together.

>Wanting to play glorious HD shantae game at 240p
Might as well play it on the SNES

>No PS Asia Store

EVERY FUCKING DAMN TIME

I heard someone say that this game has no dungeons. That isn't true, is it?

And if so was it communicated in advance anywhere?

>game doesn't sell enough digital copies
>they think theres not enough demand for physical copies and never make physical copies

There are no dungeons, stages are broken into mostly linear sub-stages with a few branching paths for hidden items and shit.

It's also quite short.

shantae amiibo when? if shovel knight can get one after just ONE game...

>if shovel knight can get one after just ONE game...
Shovel Knight was a runaway hit like no other. I love Shantae, and would love her to get an amiibo, but she ain't Shovel Knight.

Yes, yes. It's more of a platformer with exploration elements than Metroidvania. It makes sense when you think about due to the massive amount of playstyles they need to balance, but I reckon there's going to be a lot of people surprised upset because no one reads interviews or even the updates.

No dungeons, but you still backtrack. Don't know about your second question.

Not him I'm guessing that's where the other characters come in to balance the length out

As long as they were transparent I really can't be mad about it. I'll probably still love the game.

Soon

shovel knight did more in one game than shantae in more than a decade, so never ever for your literal who

Shovel knight was a one hit wonder heavily backed by the good old nes nostalgia graphics
10 years from now we'll be here waiting for the new shantae while shovel knight will be forever buried and forgotten

You're both wrong, now post Shawnty.

I wonder how much it costs to produce amiibo.

I mean, it can't be much because otherwise Nintendo is pissing away money at this point.

>Roy age 26 in the credits

I would buy a Qbby amiibo. Which reminds me, I need to buy Boxboxboy.

>watching matt bozon interview
>says original games make up about 5% of their revenue
There goes any hope I had of HGH possibly making enough money for them to focus entirely on their own original games.

goodluck dancing grill

How did a meme game get so success

I hope everyone's fetish is rejection

>no gyaru skin

Feels bad.

No no, ten years from now you'll still be waiting for THIS Shantae.

No explicit dungeons, but you find yourself in dungeon like areas that lead up to bosses often.

For example the mermaid factory acts as the dungeon area for the first boss.

I'm actually glad a studio like them does shovelware. They can actually pump out a surprise gem now and then.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WayForward_Technologies

>SK was great
>Plague was even better
>Specter looks amazing
>One hit

>Finally decide to get Pirate's Curse after waiting for a physical release for too long
>Get it and the a physical release is announced

fuck this shit

Their shovelware output has been decreasing in the last couple of years, though.

>meme game
on what basis is it a meme
I fucking love BoxBoy

That's because all the companies who contracted them in the past have moved to cheap mobile games.

I know, the point is that their main source of income straight up disappeared. They'll probably restructure or be absorbed into another company if HGH doesn't do well.

>They'll probably restructure or be absorbed into another company
maybe some Japanese company will buy them and we'll get some h-games

Hugs and cuddles

Shovel Knight is a garbage concept, and a mediocre game powered by a small, vocal bunch of NES/DuckTales nutjobs.

And it's still somehow better than Shantae.

No, Shantae is still better. It's engaging. Actually funny. Shovel Knight is hipster shit.

What's the best game to start playing this series?

Pirate's Curse or the original.

Thanks.

>It's engaging. Actually funny.
It's honestly neither of those things. Only Pirates Curse is worth playing and that's if you've exhausted every other option. As for the Ducktales thing you know SK wasn't inspired by it at all right? It mostly came about from Zelda II(another game that's infinitely better than any Shantae).

I backed Half Genie Hero btw.

You're welcome.

Fuck you xseed! hurry up and release the damn thing

good taste

Are the still selling the limited print of the shantae game for PS4?

Played shovel knight, risky's revenge, and pirate's curse back to back.

Shovel knight challenges the player to be at least somewhat competent at the game to finish it.

Shantae is a game with child level difficulty.

Shovel knight incorporates his various abilities well throughout the level design.

Shantae gameplay is hair whip some bad guys until we force you to use a power you got to advance through some small area then hair whip some more bad guys.

Shantae has waifus though so it's a toss up really. Its humor is on point too.

It is a good game, you can't deny it.

It's both of those things. The original is worth playing if you liked gaining powerups until you become unstoppable. Even then, it's fun for the concept. So is Risky's Revenge, which is fast for replaying. And Pirate's Curse does its best to please everyone despite the awful enemy respawning and placement. The screens scroll wholly and you bounce off of your shovel - that's more DuckTales than it is Zelda II. Also, don't claim Zelda II is a good game - that just shows how contrarian you are.

I backed Half-Genie Hero for $1,000. So, it's more like, you and the fans are welcome more, but only so marginally. You are VERY WELCOME, however, for all the damn defense I have to do of Shantae as a solid concept and a 3-, now 4-game series, from all the people that'd shit on it for fun.

So is it sort of like Tomba?

>child level difficulty
That doesn't mean jackshit when my young self powered through NES games harder than fucking everything released today. Don't think you're elite for beating a children's game.

The gameplay is polished, there's no denying that. I find that polish wasted on an abstract story, kind of wish that effort were spent on, say, DuckTales 3: The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck, instead.

Let's not pretend that SK's combat doesn't ultimately devolve into bouncing off motherfuckers and/or spamming Phase Locket. It's a bit more difficult than Shantae but it's by no means challenging.

>I backed Half-Genie Hero for $1,000

dude what the fuck

what enemy did you design

i drew you since you are so assmad

SK's combat is funner

>backed $1000 for 1/2 Genie Hero
Shoot, I must know which enemy you designed too.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Snake Gal
I know who you are
maybe

"challenges" does not mean "challenging".

My sentence merely implied a minority of challenged offered by Shovel Knight which you agree to. Shantae games on the other hand is one of the most casual platformers I've played in years.

However I still enjoyed all the Shantae games for other reasons.

How do you mean

mighty no. 9 came out before half genie hero

That's pretty good, though that wont stop people from complaining about a 2d game costing more than ten bucks.
I even saw people complaining about $20 being too much for pirates curse when it came out on steam.
Like, are you fucking kidding?
I order pizza's that cost that much.

I enjoy Shantae, but please stop talking shit about Shovel Knight just to defend Shantae. It makes you look fucking childish.

Just ignore them, they're faggots to begin with.

i hope this sells well because WF is really terrible at advertising their game

Can I buy this directly from them so the steam jews don't take a cut?

I think it's because advertising costs money. Although there is this in Japan so who knows.

The speed run ending picture is nice.

>meme
Why does everything that is not known have to a meme now?