Is it the worst written crpg in the history of genre?

Is it the worst written crpg in the history of genre?

Other urls found in this thread:

yourserverlist.com/index.php?juego=nwn1
nwnlist.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for BEST WAIFU

Deekin wishes Master would finish that module, some day.

>using furries in your party
exterminate them

No. Actually play RPGs instead of bitching about them.

Oh wait I'm on Sup Forums, nevermind.

>kobolds
>furries
>not letting your cool lizardbro learn to embrace his draconic nature and become a walking album cover

Nigga you dumb and gay

It's not just the worst written, but it has a terrible fucking design, and it's horrendously acted.

The way your adoptive father delivers that fucking line when he's thinking about what happened years ago. My god. And your retarded friend. And LITERALLY "YOU WILL NEVER GUESS WHAT HAPPENED" plot

What the fuck

>there are people who romanced this

She was the Morrigan of her day

>she fucked edwin
viconiafags are cucks

I let her burn at the stake on my first play through. No need to consort with those dark skins.

>burning the best cleric in the game at the stake for being dark skinned
they even lightened her skin in her portrait to compensate for being a drow

I'm playing NWN right now. Fuck this portal fight with the Slaads in 2nd chapter of SoU. The goddamn stun and daze shit gets me every time even with buffs.

that part's kind of like a puzzle, it's easy once you figure it out, though. All you have to do is trying equipping a +5 Amulet of Getting Good

Welcome to D&D 3E.

You don't know true horror until you face this faggot in HOTU.

>mfw people aren't using the superior 'better dead than red' shitposting anymore

>cutebold
>furry
End yourself.

What class are you playing? I remember getting stunned a heap of times too, but being able to resist most of their attacks/damage. If you burn down the leader (I think it's a Grey Slaad?) to prevent them from overwhelming you with summons you should be alright. And you can always summon the Formians if you unlocked that option.
I can't recall if there's anything in the module that gives stun immunity.

no?
it's not even the worst written game of the series

just remove the 2 and you found something truly horrible

dragon age is the worst crpg all around though, bioware NEEDED wizards of the coast oversight in order to make games

> P L A Y I N G
> N W N
>F O R
>T H E
>C A M P A I G N

I've seen some stupid people in my time but god fucking damn

Well I found something by dropping a couple of dragon's blood into urns. I'm thinking it and this crystal that would call the Formians (coolest looking monsters in the game by far) would help. I just need to survive that 5 bursts of daze and stun AoE they shit out.

Fighter/Weapon Master (want to go Blackguard too later). I really wish I had the foresight to go Wizard/Pale Master/Blackguard. I want to be Sauron.

Please explain why nwn had worse writing than nwn2, oh wait, you can't!

God no. Go look at Menzoberran.

>Please explain why nwn had worse writing than nwn2,
waterdhavian creatures
curses
lizard tablets
aribeth

user, NWN2 core was bad, but it wasn't NWN core bad, this isn't a hill you want to die on

Yes, things you listed were better than 98% of nwn2
I fail too see your point

We talking about writing
If you can't back up your meme opinion, please leave

HOLY CRAP THANK YOU FOR REMINDING ME

HELL WAS FINE AND DANDY UNTIL THIS FAGGOT

>I fail too
you fail alone

nwn2 was mediocre through and through
nwn1 was offensively bad

I don't remember both NWN's campaign and while I enjoyed both, I had more fun with 2's base campaign. Mostly because I was playing a Warlock who charmed his way into success. I think 2's campaign is more reactive too compared to 1.

Wasn't even that bad as a Paladin/Fighter/Champion, desu. Holy Avenger is fucking great.

>he didn't like nwn2's campaign
Get a load of this rivvil

>Fighter/Weapon Master (want to go Blackguard too later).
Ah, that's why you're having so much trouble. I'm too used to cheesing the game with my Massive Charisma.
If you have that Damage Reduction item from the item puzzle it shouldn't be too bad, since you should be able to activate that (and any other temporary buffs you have - if you've got potions of Bless, Aid, Endurance, Barkskin use them) and then just tank their attacks until you come out of stun and heal. Once you do, just close with the leader and carve them up.
You can always try summoning the Formians first and then hoping that they distract the Slaad enough for you to come out of their stuns.
>I really wish I had the foresight to go Wizard/Pale Master/Blackguard. I want to be Sauron.
Trust me, that build isn't as good as it sounds unless you want to mod the game - Pale Master, as cool as it is, doesn't give you proper spellcasting progression. If you want to be a powerful, evil caster who can buff themselves in melee Cleric/Blackguard is probably the way to go, though Sorc/RDD/Blackguard could work.

2.5e was the best version
3e and onward are shit

>Yes, things you listed were better than 98% of nwn2
No.

>nwn2 was mediocre through and through
NWN2 was subtle

.5e was the best version
>want the highest numbers possible in stat bonuses etc.
>for some reason you need thac0 and AC to be as low as possible
Oldfag pls go

4e was great for playing FFT-like games where non-battle scenes were just RPing with as few rules as possible and abstracted as fuck combat.

3e tried to be a universal system too hard and I've never tried 5e, but I hear good things.

>isn't as good as it sounds
Aww. I wanted to be a Lich King.

>druids turn into dragons with 100AC and do 100 damage every round in NWN
>this is called a good rule set

I had good times on RP servers, and I mean doing non-erp comfy adventures that I still remember fondly.

Life was bad for me back then, it helped a ton.

>Non-ERP

user why even lie on Sup Forums?

>Aww. I wanted to be a Lich King.
You and me both, user. You could always just mod the game to give you proper spellcasting progression as a Pale Master, there was a guide around here somewhere.
Regardless, if you wanted to play a caster/Blackguard for dat Sauron goodness, Sorcerer is probably a better choice than Wizard because it uses Charisma as its casting stat, which is where Blackguard gets a lot of its bonuses and synergy.

>tfw trying to convince groups of friends that NWN/NWN2 are cool RP platforms and that going on adventures can be fun is almost impossible anymore because of how old they are

I couldn't even convince them to pick up NWN when it was free on GoG

Don't give up lich bro!

You cant erp for 2013 hours son. You simply can not.

>we live in a reality where enough "people" enjoyed 3.5e enough for Pathfinder to be considered a commercially viable product

I need this in my life but my toaster can't handle it. Is this modded NWN2?

Nigga if zeus could transform into rainwater and fuck a woman pregnant for 3000 hours straight, you can ERP for a measly 2013.

>"Hey guys, Pathfinder fixes how broken casters were and how shitty non-casters were!"
>"Just kidding here's a bunch of splat books that gimp melee and buff the fuck out of casters! haha!"

>D&D faggots never let anyone new into their groups that they don't already know
>always try and recruit people who never want to play in the first place
>D&D faggots are surprised when RP community dies

It's a NWN2 server called sigil, it lets you play as pretty much anything. There's stand alone mods to let you be a lich too if you don't want multiplayer.

Impossible is nothing.

That's pretty cool but what is there to do on multiplayer? Does the game have dynamically generated quests like Skyrim?

Like hell you can't, I'm almost 30 and I've been ERPing on MUDs since I was 14.
shoujo-ai niggas represent

Most longtime players have been burned so many times they prefer dying out to letting anyone new in.
I know a lot of people like this. They've seen some shit, man. Playing with random people is suffering.
We're talking a guy joining a group who seemed decent when suddenly BAM MAXIMUM FURRY FETISHES INJECTED INTO GAME the moment he got to run something and got incredibly butthurt when nobody went along with it.
There was another guy, a creeper who molested someone out of the group before he got kicked.
And then there's the fuckers who show up once or twice then disappear off the face of the earth.
It's even worse with online communities.

>people claim that kobolds aren't furry

Same deal here, though it's been an on-and-off thing and there were plenty of non-ERP muds I played too.
>shoujo-ai
Fuck, is that still alive? I'm kinda tempted to go back now.

There's a bunch of different areas for grinding and exploring, quests, DMs who can create custom events for you, make friends and enemies to affect the world. In my lich's case it's turned out to be mostly enemies.

They're scaly, semantically speaking, but yeah.
He wasn't that kind of furry, though.
Everything was fine until suddenly TF mind control musk fetish shit.

>find 4 creatures
>find 4 clues
>find 4 tablets
>Le ancient evil awakens
It was goddamn terrible.

MotB > HotU >> NWN2 > SotU >= NWN

foot fetishists are far worse than furries

You bet it is. A lot of old timers still kicking around.
The original admin's been dead for close to 10 years now.

It's not even the worst written CRPG named Neverwinter Nights.

RIP in peace, man.
I barely remember any of it apart from some crazy puzzle shit and the surprisingly big world. Good times, though.

WE WUZ DARK ELVES N SHEEEET

So NWN2 multiplayer is still alive and well? That's amazing. I remember basically growing up on NWN1 MP.

Show us roleplaying moments user. I need to see quality before I start playing.

>NWN2 DEAD
>While first one is STILL alive.

You don't even know, user. Seeing 40 people on few servers isn't rare thing.

What? The fuck, how? HOW? Where can I find some servers? I thought everything would have gone away when Gamespy closed.

yourserverlist.com/index.php?juego=nwn1 for nwn 1 as the latter one doesn't show all servers

nwnlist.com/ - for NWN 2

Damn, there is plan to create /tg/ rp server after last free nwn on Gog.

It still was better than entire ch1 and ch3 in the nwn2
>city guard quests
>reaching neverwinter
>going after farmer girl because she was retarded
>guardian ritual
>searching names
>forced terrible party members
>literally Mary Sue backstory
>no bluf and lie checks in the courtroom
>constant player circlejerking after chapter 2
>warlock can go full retard and side with king of shadows if loyalty isn't high enough(the only party member who shouldn't even have check)
And ancient lizard girl was better villain than king of shadows

I can't thank you enough for bringing this back into my life. You're a saint user.

The way they shoved him in HotU was just weird

Also I gotta wonder why they left out that one gnome girl/dude/thing

>ERP realm has a password and doesn't show current players
makes you wonder if it's still alive

>find 4 items with dialogue options and different ways to complete half of this quests
Against
>[yes my master no need to ask more I will kill everyone and maybe will talk with final mob]
Yep, obsidian drones are insane

I miss this series and would love a NWN3

I've never played D&D, and whenever I hear about it it sounds like fun, but I have literally no clue how to even find people who are into it. And then I read shit like this where if you haven't known the people you play with for 10+ years, you're considered an outcast and an asshole just for trying to play with them. I guess I'll stick to single player WRPGs.

>BG3
>NWN3
they would both be shit and you know it.
the talent has left completely.

>playing Warblade/Weapon Master with PRC pack
>get to his fight
>immediately crank PA all the way to +20, use Moment of Alacrity so I don't get interrupted by Time Stop cheese, run into the middle, Adamantine Hurricane
>the entire fight is dead
>instantly

Find a local gamestore or visit /tg/'s gamefinder threads if you don't have any friends (or friends of friends) who are into it.
Stores usually have a little bulletin board or something.
Your best bet in finding someone to play with is to join a freshly-minted group.

Find me if you want, I like to play these days, either 1 or 2.

Karwelas on Steam.

Who were you?

Rock falls, everyone dies was pretty damn shitty but besides that and the creepy elf stalker, it was nice enough

>fuckers who show up once or twice then disappear off the face of the earth
That would be me. I could never find groups that weren't autistic as fuck. The last group I was a part of started trying to talk me in to quitting my job so I could play more.

Don't have many screenshots like that but I'd recommend it. The DMs have their shit together and drama like on many other servers is discouraged. Most people are pretty good RPers.

Welp. I brought this guy along and I think his bard song and potions pushed my stat over the edge that we were able to shrug off the daze/stun attack or maybe we just had a good couple of dice rolls. Lizard guy got blown the fuck out a couple of rounds in but managed to kill the Gray Slaad before anything crazy happened then mopped up the rest.

Whew. That was the first fight that felt like a wall in this game.

Met a death knight early on and we got up to a lot of fun evil stuff. Going paladin hunting, dominating the vampire players and making them kill themselves with control undead, etc

Fucking NEETs, man.

Going dinosaur hunting with my dragon character. Dominate animal comes in handy.

I SHALL join you then necromancer. Does your character takes appre.. appo.. heh.

>Celestial Dinosaurs
I forgot how much I loved summoning spells.
My group always had a laugh with Summon Monster I, particularly the Celestial Giant Bee.

Sure, especially if your character's not a fleshbag. We can work on that if not though.

base game is meh but MotB is gotyay

>When you think you're the main villain and then you run into the main villain

Come back when you've actually played more than a handful of crpg

Still better then go-dick series.

Muh arcana.
Eat shit nazifags

I have no idea what you're on about, user.

what's wrong with arcana
it's better than NWN original campaign

Planescape Torment is my personal favorite. Sigil is just such a unique setting.

We shall meet today, then. DEAD AND STILL KICKING!

>never play any crpgs until recently
>play baldurs gate series
>hear that everything else sucks except planescape torment
welp, dead genre

NWN2 got pretty good at the end when you had your own castle. Ending was a bit stupid tho.
Importing your character to MotB afterwards was an incredible pleasure for me, especially when MotB was pretty good.
My only complaint is that you can't fuggg Neeshka

IWD1 is great, HotU and MotB are decent, and Divinity: Original Sin is still probably the best WRPG I've played in well over a decade.

why does everyone hate IWD2 and arcanum