Miyamoto has expressed that the only game he ever worked on that he thinks was incomplete was this one...

Miyamoto has expressed that the only game he ever worked on that he thinks was incomplete was this one. So why hasn't it gotten a remake? They should just get the Metroid: Zero Mission team together and do it.

And before people go crazy, yes. I have played the original many times and love it. But there is clearly many things they could improve. It would also be a good way to return to 2D Zelda games.

>hard as fuck
>alienating to the fanbase
They will never remake this game. You're better off making a new IP

>They should just get the Metroid: Zero Mission team together and do it.
I don't think you know who that team is. Also, it's not popular or fondly remembered.

neither was wind waker
they do what they want

A major reason Zelda 2 is hard is because enemies are faster and have better skills than the player does (controlling Link). This is something they could improve in the remake. Especially how enemies can throw beams at you off screen. And the horrible respawn rates.

>I don't think you know who that team is.
The people who worked on Zero Mission consisted of a team. Yes, its a conglomeration of people from R&D1 or Intelligent Systems. But its not like those people went away. They have many multiple games together since then.

Are you daft? The initial reaction was bad, but people have loved it within a couple years. HD wouldn't have come out if people didn't care for it, obviously.

Many of the people who worked on it are on other teams now, and a lot of the work they've done was with specific series; e.g. Metroid, Fire Emblem, WarioWare; so it's unlikely that they would. It'd more likely be Grezzo.

I'd rather just get another game in the same style

Call me casual, but the only reason I even knew that there was ever a second Zelda game on the NES was because of the Smash Bros. Temple stage and music.

>HD wouldn't have come out if people didn't care for it
but people really didn't care for it. they remade it because they're arrogant and it backfired when it sold like shit yet again

it's thought of as the black sheep of zelda games because its not top-down but now it has more in common with classic zelda than garbage like wind waker and phantom hourglass

Wind Waker HD sold 1.75 million units. Its one of the best selling Wii U games. You're delusional.

that's honestly not a lot
since nobody bought it this time around they're going to shove it down our throats again. look out for another HD port or a "toon collection" on the switch

But Zero Mission was a great game.

i think he meant zelda 2

>that's honestly not a lot
HD Remasters always sell significantly less than the original. Or example, Final Fantasy X HD sold 1.3 million on PS3 and 0.8 million on Vita. Wind Waker HD sold 1.75 million on one system. The worst selling Nintendo system sans the Virtual Boy. It did way better than anyone would have expected.

Wasn't Zelda II not only well received critically in its time but actually one of the best selling entries in the series? The main reason it's been maligned in recent years is because it's not an ALttP clone. On its own merits, it makes a few mistakes but is still generally quite a good game.

It is one of the best selling games in the series. But it was also criticized by reviewers and fans alike for not being like Zelda 1. Which caused the Miyamoto and Tezuka to make Link to the Past a top down game rather than a side scroller. No idea how they measured fan reaction, but Miyamoto himself has said the fans were the one who pressured them to return back the formula of Zelda 1.

Of course, now everything is 3D and about as far away from Zelda 1 as you can get. With random games like Minish Cap and ALBW coming every 8 years or so.

Thats alot for the Wii U install base. Plus i'm sure its plenty for them when it literally cost very little to bring it to wii U.

>They should just get the Metroid: Zero Mission team together and do it.
Zelda II doesn't need to be ruined like Metroid.

Just beacuse its 3-D doesnt mean it isnt like zelda 1. Have you even played Zelda 1?

No, they sold it again hoping that a new generation would be kinder. It blew up in their face. Aonuma and Miyamoto showed that the market rejecting WW still upset them a decade later.

How exactly is Zelda II unfinished?

Zelda II was a beloved game that everyone praised. People would go across state lines for a copy, due to cartridge shortages. If any feedback for a return to Zelda 2 happened it sure as hell didn't come from the west, where Zelda mostly sells anyway.

>Just beacuse its 3-D doesnt mean it isnt like zelda 1.
No 3D game plays like Zelda 1 at all. Aonuma himself has said he is making Breath of the Wild to be more like Zelda 1 and less of the story driven OoT clones he's worked on.

>Have you even played Zelda 1?
Have you?

I lived back in the days when the NES was the current gen. Zelda 2 was a love or hate it game. Many people did not like it because it was 'too different' from Zelda 1, myself included. I eventually grew up and gave it a fair trial and loved it. But most people (kids) did not.

Unfinished is probably a bad term. Unpolished is a better description. Tons of good ideas, but not polished enough.

Same. You know that feeling when you get all excited because you recognize one of the remixes? Playing Zelda II for the first time was like the reversal of that, since I had heard the music in Melee but never the original.

>hard as fuck
nah.
Only reason I didn't clear it as a kid was because I was a 7 year old with poor English and the translated dialogue can be cryptic as fuck. I kept trying to go to the final palace without getting the cross first.