Haha guys it was pretty hilarious how we trolled all of those newfags into believing that anyone actually likes this...

Haha guys it was pretty hilarious how we trolled all of those newfags into believing that anyone actually likes this game but now that they unironically think this shit is good and the dust has settled can we agree this is one of the worst shooters ever made?

No, we cannot. It's kinda sad that you gotta start even STALKER threads with a b8 now.

>Why are they good then?
Glad you (didn't) ask:

-They're scarier than many "true" horror games released in past few years.

-They look prettier than some much later released multiplat titles. Especially lighting and texturing.

-They make games like Far Cry 3-4 feel like horribly dumbed down, handholding kiddie games.

-They are fairly realistic, but not simulator-level. There's real bullet physics and stuff like bleeding and hunger, and one shot to the head can kill anyone.

-They are VERY long lasting games. One playthrough in vanilla can last well over 25 hours at calm pace, but I've spent a good two WEEKS in all three of them on my first playthroughs. And later a lot more with numerous mods.

-They're not perfect games and have their few issues, but in the end they are like "rough diamonds": totally worth investing time and effort in. They are just not afraid to kick you in the groin and call you a bitch - which is quite rare in modern games.

Now, to get the best start with the STALKER series, Consult this Starting Guide,
then see the /vg/'s huge Stalker General for more tips and links: Play in the release order. Start with no mods - only latest patch, OR get the full "Starter Pack" first; these contain bug-fixers and light visual mods that can help performance as well.
Leave big overhauls for later playthrougs. Avoid the "Complete" -mods. Always play on MASTER difficulty for best realism and atmosphere, and disable crosshair.

Don't give up in the beginning! The starting gear sucks ass and first area can be a bit boring.

STALKER FOCK YE

Love the series, my only problem is that I'm yet to beat Pripyat because I've always got some CTD bug before I can beat it and I hate the first area of the game. Also only beat SoC 2 or 3 times for the same reason except I like Cordon.

One of the best game series' of all time.

jesus christ youre so much of a faggot you cant even call yourself OP
just kys you dumb bellend

post more stalker memes

Is there a mod that makes it that your first person view (i.e. your hands) actually change models according to your armor? That was probably the most disappointing part of the game for me because some of the later armors look god tier but you only see them when you die.

I love the shadows in Stalker. Still some of the best shadows I've seen in games?

the mods are out of this world

i fucking hate millennials

a lot of games are afraid of making things totally black, stalker isn't

So, you hate yourself?

Pretty soon this game will be older than most of the people here.

Most certainly.

i'm on this site. isn't that a dead giveaway that i do?

>EMISSION! EVERYONE GET IN DOORS
That sounds bad. Oh look a cave, great cover.
>~I smell a man~...
What? FUCK!

Touche.

>-They look prettier than some much later released multiplat titles. Especially lighting and texturing.
STALKER looks like fucking dogshit and you know it. If you use blatant lies like that in your list of points people are going to disregard everything you say.

He's a fanboy who made even his wife play STALKER. What do you expect?

But to be fair, environment and lighting don't look too bad. It's the models that are often kind of crap.

go back to your containment nep threads

>It's the models that are often kind of crap.
also animations
I don't know what a nep thread is but I'd rather stay in a thread about a game I like thanks.

>looks like fucking dogshit
but the engine is one of the most hardcore ones developed to heaven and back, it just needs some mods

well it's certainly been developed to hell but I'm not so sure about the "back" part

S.t.a.l.k.e.r. is a masterpiece

Name one game that came out this year that has better lighting

the crew got fucked in the ass by the exec, poor sods

Vanilla CoP had that I believe

I'm not sure the game would be released even today if it was developed by their idea guys. Do you remember what they promised in 2004? Seamless open world with completely realistic A-life simulation, where populations of monsters would displace each other and engage in predator-prey relationships?

That's just fanart or something right? Not actual gameplay?

I forget what his name was, but does anyone have that image collage that one faggot who hated STALKER always used to post in STALKER threads? I remember it saying something like "this game is set in a country that's only notable for being on the wikipedia page for ethnic cleansing."

Are there patches for Lost Alpha?
I've been stuck on a part for a few days now and every time I find a nice choke point to funnel Military into the game crashes

STALKER 2 soon. ;_;

Anyone got any wallpaper worthy screenshots?

Not a screenshot but my favourite S.T.A.L.K.E.R. picture of all time due to it's atmosphere. I can't tell if it's the Rookie Village, the winter or something else but I get feels every time I see it.

Thanks f͏͏a͏͏m