Is this worth picking up on PC, Sup Forums? I'm a noob to fighting games and have heard mixed things about this

Is this worth picking up on PC, Sup Forums? I'm a noob to fighting games and have heard mixed things about this.

Other urls found in this thread:

pvplive.net/c/dieminion-talks-season-2-meta-and-character-change
youtube.com/watch?v=9wWcWvNjL58
eventhubs.com/news/2016/sep/25/short-youre-not-control-your-game-100-xian-shares-his-concerns-state-street-fighter-5-his-reddit-ama/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pick USFIV instead, it's the same game but with x100 content.

>x100 content.

such as?

it's a really easy game to get into and is very beginner friendly, it's also the most popular and competitive

I'd say yeah but fundamentally it has issues

>recommending a shit dead game instead
Fuck off 09er
I'd say so. In the worst case scenario you might encounter some technical problems, but you can just refund if it's unplayable.

>recommending a shittier game
16er fag detected

Yes, get it and spend a genuine 50 or so hours trying to learn how to play the game. Don't just drop it right away and you'll most likely find it very rewarding

Don't listen to this dork

name a better fighting game for a beginner to get into

Maybe?

You have to put over 60hrs into the game to start to enjoy it and all the characters are locked as DLC with no discount. Not worth it right now, maybe if the DLC characters were cheap, but that shit isn't.

You're looking at about spending 2x the discounted price to get the "full" game. If you can see yourself putting in over a hundred hours into the game, go for it. If you just want to try it for a few dozen, stay away. Better fighters out there for about the same cost.

>King of Fighters 14
>GG Revelator
>Blazblu
>Dead or Alive 5
>Mortal Kombat XL

Much better options too for the "I want to play a fighter, but don't really care" crowd.

No, it's not.

But if you refuse to listen to sense and buy this abortion anyway, make sure you visit the steam forums to learn how to remove the super nasty rootkit the game installs on your computer.

Arcade mode, more characters without paying the value of the actual game, and an online mode that actually works.

for $19 its a steal for the value you get out of it. do it.

They removed it two months ago.

Yes. I am also a noob and I've been enjoying it more than I thought.

>name a better fighting game for a beginner to get into

It got removed whiting 24 hours of being used and is never coming back again.

That's great and all, but why not play the one where he can find a match?

If you want all the characters for BB it's like 5 quid per character, same with GG, MKXL is probably alright but netcode is ass

If i wanted all the dlc for DOA i'd need to spent like 800 quid

All the negative things about it got fixed.

Only one left is that it has no arcade mode.

Only a 4 hour cinematic story and a bunch of shorter comic book like individual character stories.
Training and Combo Challenges.
And varying degrees of Survival (like arcade but you carry your life and super between rounds can spend score to refill some of it and it only 1 round per character.)
And you can play VS cpu.

Also you can unlock all the 7 dlc characters in the game in one day for free and still have left over for the next 2 DLC characters.
So you technically get 27 characters for the 20 $ you spend.

>It got removed whiting 24 hours of being used and is never coming back again.

>It got turned off but remains and is installed every time with the game now, waiting for the command that any person can turn on via the internet if they know how

It's a ticking time bomb. When was the last time a virus or anything similar affected you? Well, imagine that they now get open access to your computer and all of its features and files. It's russian roulette.

If you are not playing the game on Stolen WIFI it plays better online than IV.

Capcom also gave out a Free uninstall Aapp and gave out insurrections on how to remove it.

>All the negative things about it got fixed.
Except for everything that's not related to the actual gameplay.
UI / UX, """""loading""""" times, character selection, retarded F2P-tier business model in a full-priced game, useless CFN, etc.
It's still a good game that's worth $20, but being blind to the obvious flaws is retarded.

It is no longer in the game, only people who downloaded the patch while it was out got the rootkit, and they even gave a removal tool

inform yourself

Don't know but usf4 plays perfectly for me while sf5 rubberbands like crazy for me. GG REV plays perfectly too so it's on sf5

>If i wanted all the dlc for DOA i'd need to spent like 800 quid

All the characters, even the DLC ones are on sale, so you can nab them for around $20 for the "full" game. If you want all the slutty outfits then yeah, you're looking at some bullshit prices.

But who wants to dress up the girls in DOA in dozens of slutty outfits then mod nipples and vaginas onto them to fap?

Certainly not me..... hehe.

>"""""loading""""" times
PS4 baby awaiting greatness

>retarded F2P-tier business model in a full-priced game
how dare they release DLC for a full priced game?!

>useless CFN
please name a better way to implement crossplay between platforms with name conflicts?

Dont listen to SFIV fags trying to get you to by a more expensive almost dead game.
Not only is SFV currently the most active fighting game on PC it has cross play whit the PS4.

>285
Ouch. But it is to be expected. The game has run its course. As someone who has played it for roughly five years and still loves it, I can't stand playing it anymore.

>how dare they release DLC for a full priced game?!
Even the jewiest of the jewish companies like Blizzard have enough common sense to make money off cosmetic DLC and release actual content for free.
SFV's playerbase is much smaller and yet Capcom is still sells characters for money.
>inb4 "you can get everything for free if you grind long enough :^^^^^)"
Yeah, something like that could only be acceptable in Hearthstone because it's free to play.

Because the game is f2p i got all the Characters in it for free so far.
You saying its better to force people to buy mandatory updates every 2 years.

Hell someone who only cares about Shotos or SFII characters does not have to spend more than the 20$ asking price ever again.

>Because the game is f2p
It has a price tag on it.

>All the negative things about it got fixed.
The core gameplay is still completely braindead and terrible and every character plays the same

The main feature of S2 is that they enforced this homogenisation even more, there is no saving it

There's nothing wrong with selling DLC characters as DLC with an option to unlock them with in-game credits.

>but it takes forever and I'm impatient
Sounds like a you problem

You can play SFV in online mode only that's why there are so many few players in USFIV, because of arcade, what's worth the 10 dollars for a complete game

if it took 2000 hours of grind to unlock a single character with FM you'd still defend it

Yes. They can charge whatever in-game amount they want for their DLC.

I'm glad we even have the option to buy DLC with credits, I got the entire first season for free

Ment to say because it has a f2p like mechanic.
My bad.

Fact is if you play the game a lot you probably wont have to spend any $ on new characters for at the first 2 seasons.

You can get a S1 character pass its 15$ right now and it effectively makes season 2 and 3 free because it saves you the in game currency.

Did they fix the god awful built in delay so that everyone can get fucked up by dash in throws because you can't actually tech throws? No? It's shit.

I was literally completely removed learn to read you dense mother fucker

>buying a fighting game for arcade mode
I instantly lose all respect for anyone who does this. You might as well carry a sign saying you're a fragile shitter who can't handle the idea of him being godlike getting shattered by the reality of losses he would no doubt experience online.

>muh arcade mode complete game
lol are you 12 years old? no one gives a shit about single player shit except teenage reddit fags. sfv has TWO story modes regardless.

They did, actually. Input delay is 6 frames now instead of 8 and dashes got nerfed along with throws.

It takes less than 24 hours to unlock the first 7.

And amusing you play the game for like 1 hour every day and win some games and do weakly phalanges and sp content for unlocked characters it takes 3 months to unlock one if you spend all the ernable Fm in game.

Characters give 35000 Fm once you beat all the easy SP content for them.

This effectively means characters cost 65000 FM not 100000

Yes.
Its now only 4 frames of delay.
Like most fighters.
It used to be 8 than 6.5

You can still get fucked by dash ins if you have shit reflexes.

Also throw loops don't work anymore.

>dashes got nerfed
I don't remember reading this in the notes for anyone besides Nash. If neutral is still a random mix of Kens running, Necallis, Cammys, Ryus, Chuns, and Lauras forward dashing all over the place and jumping then I'm good.

Although going by what Dieminion said in a recent interview pvplive.net/c/dieminion-talks-season-2-meta-and-character-change and by watching recent high level matches myself, I can say it's a good start with them nerfing the setplay I guess, at least now when you guess wrong in Neutral you're more likely to get another chance. Game still looks just as shitty otherwise though, and I've been trying to like it all year.

You do not get to charge full price for a game AND THEN give it a free to play payment model

Honestly I cannot believe they got away with it as much as they did, one of the most stunningly greedy things I've seen and to make matters worse they keep adding cash shop only DLC to milk it even more, all while the actual gameplay is fucked and half the stuff they release is so poorly thought it that they ban it at their own tournaments

>if you have shit reflexes
I guess everyone has shit reflexes, because even after watching some decent players on next level people are still enjoying the dash jump 50/50 neutral game.

4 is dead on PC

And Nash's dash is still unreactable because there is no visual indicator that he's actually in the dash animation until around 10 frames in

Capcom really don't have a clue what is actually wrong with their game, as if the DP change didn't make that obvious already

Attention Retards who spout the 2000 Hours to unlock a single character BS.

You can unlock all 7 currently available characters for free in less than 1 day just by plying sp content you guys claim the game does not have.

youtube.com/watch?v=9wWcWvNjL58
The game now has weakly challenges that give 7000 FM a weak.

You only ever need to grind if you care about extra Story costumes Some colors and Stages.
And on PC you can use trainers and as long as you do only one hard or extreme survival per day and don't use 1 hit kill you get even more FM enough to get all the stages.

And even if you don't buy stages other people who did will occasionally use them online so you only realy cant use them in training mode or set them as your default stage.

If you can snag it cheap then yes. Dont get the season passes tho, just gather some fight money and a dlc guy or two.

How would you suggest Capcom add new content that costs money to develop?
Especially considering the game didn't sell as much.

Would you rather we get no new characters for free.

Or get New characters that can be unlocked for free if you just play the game.

Or make all future DLC pay only so you cant use the F2p argument.

Lets say Cod had a f2p mechanic that lets you unlocks all the DLC maps for free.
But the actual maps cost as much as they do right now.

Name one recent MP online AAA game that lets you get all future content for free other than over watch.

Fact is Games have DLC now.
Capcom simply lets you get the DLC for free.
And unless you cant spend the fucking 10 hours it takes to get enough FM to buy 8 DLC characters then why did you buy the game in the first place.

SFV has 3k players because people checking out S2 if thats current. It will drop eventually.
USF4 doesnt have a lot because the game is over in terms of development.

Also fighting games are not fucking Mobas.
it takes way more work to make a Single fighting game character than any other kind of character in games.

SFV characters have over 40 different fully animated attacks and even more full additional animations.
And you have to balance every single fucking one.

How many does a single Moba character have,

Or how made do FPS character have.

>Even the jewiest of the jewish companies like Blizzard have enough common sense to make money off cosmetic DLC and release actual content for free.
And how is that second character in a year? SFV is on it's seventh, but I'm sure that would be the same if they were all 100% free

Actually before Season 2 Started
It had 1500 an average at worst..
And 2000 during weekends.
And you have all the PS4 players.

No matter how much you want SFV to die its here to stay for at lest next 3 years.

Those things are completely unrelated though.
I'm pretty sure Blizzard got hundreds times more money from their lootboxes and skins than SFV did from their season passes.

God i fucking hate Luffy
Such a giant ass fraud that can only win with meme characters and then acts smug as fuck like he is still relevant

I actually did read something in the patch notes about them adjusting something about Nash's animation though, in the game's defense (as much as I hate it and would like to see more people drop it).

Not that that changes anything about the meta in regards to how people play neutral. Rather than actually rewarding people for playing patiently and waiting for a punish or an opening to start their offense, SFV neutral is more about one player making the first move (dash or jump lol) and the other "reacting" in time (although punishing forward dashes in this game is more about anticipation and premptively buffering normals).

The problem is that for any character that doesn't have a 4 frame or less anti-air, the second you start looking too hard for the forward dash you'll get jumped on, and your piss poor anti-airs are either too slow or too unreliable to use that late. And with how much this game rewards momentum and offense and setplay, that can be game over for you right there.

Supposedly with season 2 losing momentum is less of a 'checkmate' situation than before but you still aren't 100% in control of your own neutral game, which makes losing all the more frustrating once you get to a semi-competent point, and you will get there quickly because the game is so barebones even for an SF title, because the only thing you can take from your losses after that is that you guessed wrong or you anticipated the wrong approach method.

tl;dr the neutral game is still shit even though setplay and rushdown are SLIGHTLY less dominant playstyles, but it's still a game very much streamlined towards those things.

No shit faggot
With Capcom shilling that garbage and the FGC behind it, it will stay alive no matter how bad it is.

>Those things are completely unrelated though.
No they are. Blizzard is only making money on cosmetics, why then would they put loads of work into making free shit?

Simple answer they haven't. Overwatch characters and maps are not complex, they don't even have to worry about balance cause of constant patches.They don't even need to generate hype with them cause saying one character like minge fills every site for a month. SFV makes money on both, thus it is best to have a steady release of both.

I sure do remember how perfect and balanced Vanilla SFIV was and how they never patched or changed anything in its 8 years of existence.

Do you also remember all the older SF game that never got new revisions that fixed most of the stuff fans didn't like.

It sounds more like you are really bad at aaing, likely because you relied too heavily on lights

>you still aren't 100% in control of your own neutral game
You realise that is true for any game? In fact that is a huge part of neutral as you respond to how your opponent is acting. It kinda sounds like you are just trying to form a complaint with little real knowledge

Any EU bros want free wins against my 5 minute Akuma?
warning, Im ass

I hate him too for those reasons but he is by no means the only relevant player getting carried by his character in SFV. And I respect him slightly more now that he can openly admit that he's playing a terrible game purely for business reasons. I'm sure there are more players that feel the same way out there but don't bash SFV as much in public because they have stream subscriptions that are paying them to play ranked live.

Phenom has been open about hating the game as well but I suspect Chris G, Xian, and Dieminion to have similar opinions of it even though they've just been ironically talking shit about it. Not to mention the other personalities like Mike Ross that also have their hands in this metaphorical cookie jar but also look frustrated and bored as fuck when they play the game.

Xian tells people every day that the game has flawes but he still likes it.
Don't know about the others.

Im fucking sad too that season 2 just feels like it's just moving things around from S1 instead of brining something new/fixing shit.

The game does has potential but it's not ideal ATM

SF5 will get you better at a traditional fighting game style vastly more than sf4 could ever hope to. It's a better fighting game. Ignoring that, you wont regret buying it for how cheap the season passes+game is right now. Its a good game, and very easy to get in to for a fighting game.

sf4 lets you playh against TWO at most SHITTY ASS players that have no idea how to play so they stuck to sf4 instead of a game that requires fundamentals (sf5)

The only problem i have with it are the stubby normals, but i think that's never going to change

and I sure am tired of people making the same asinine comparison to SF4 vanilla. That game's biggest problems were with character balance more than the core system mechanics being flawed or outright nonexistent like with SFV. And if they had any interest in changing the way neutral was played with SFV they would have actually made changes to forward dash frame data and walkspeed data. If you can't see that this is how the developers want the game to be played by design then I think you'll be sorely disappointed if you ever want it to change.
You misunderstand what I'm trying to say. The threat of a forward dash or any other ground option and dwelling on it for too long makes you easily vulnerable to aerial approaches. There's a reason why neutral lasts for so much less time in this game than SF4 because you can't have a gameplan revolved around waiting for a whiffpunish or any other opening before going in. You can have a perfect AA game but you'll get forward dashed on and you'll give away momentum just like that if you are playing too clean. Yes, no human being can completely keep people out all the time in fighting games and the element of surprise is always a factor, but in SFV you can't even play with that methodical mindset at all. I'm not even making shit up. I really tried to like the game but I had to see what pros were saying about it and be observant to how high level matches were played to notice just how ham the game is.

eventhubs.com/news/2016/sep/25/short-youre-not-control-your-game-100-xian-shares-his-concerns-state-street-fighter-5-his-reddit-ama/

setplay and rushdown are not "slightly less dominant"

the game got slow as hell at the higher level as it got older this year.

>Im fucking sad too that season 2 just feels like it's just moving things around from S1 instead of brining something new/fixing shit.
If you think that you just don't realise how changes work in a fighting game. You don't need some whole new bullshit system thrown in to change the game

Changes like slower buttons with bigger hitboxes means more and easier whiff punishing, this also makes rushdown harder and encourages more neutral. Lower damage in turn makes neutral worth more etc etc. You can go into each of these little changes and they do have a wider effect

I'm a brozeshitter I just need someone to give me any advice on fighting games. I'm doing hard combos for mad damage but my opponent won't let me do them and every time I fight a new one I just spaghetti myself all over.

I just want to get good

"slow" is just a buzzword. Do you mean that people play more passively now or that characters are less explosive or that offensive situations reset to neutral more often? Explain. A Rainbow Mika won Capcom cup and even without that shit the brackets were still full of crazy ass Cammy and Chun players playing very aggressively and not waiting long at all before trying to approach.

>The threat of a forward dash or any other ground option and dwelling on it for too long makes you easily vulnerable to aerial approaches.
Okay have you never played a fighting game before? Seriously? Yeah you are meant to make people worry and think about your options thus making them slip up. Like that is 101

>you can't have a gameplan revolved around waiting for a whiffpunish
Are you stuck in the past? Update your complaints to the current patch please before they extended hurtbox on so much stuff and made many moves slow and minus on block. Are you going to complain about no cinematic story and 8 frames next? I don't even need to go into why you are wrong cause you are clearly so out of date trying to sound relevant

>you can't even play with that methodical mindset at all.
Yes you can. Look up matches like Chris G v Dieminion or Infil v Kbrad.

>eventhubs.com/news/2016/sep/25/short-youre-not-control-your-game-100-xian-shares-his-concerns-state-street-fighter-5-his-reddit-ama/
Really? An old ass eventhubs article before the last patch? Come on

>yeah you are meant to make people worry and think about your options thus making them slip up
Except in other fighting games those options amount to more than just dash or jump. I understand that this is meant to be a more accessible game for retards but if the only thing you can take away from losses is "I was looking for the jump but I got dashed on" then it's just a miserable experience.

>There's a reason why neutral lasts for so much less time in this game than SF4 because you can't have a gameplan revolved around waiting for a whiffpunish
I remember before SFV dropped that 4 was the game with no neutral where you couldn't whiffpunish properly and it was super boring to watch

You niggers just want to be contrarian

You fell for the age-old "combos matter" trope of fighting games.

You should now see that combos don't do anything if you can't get into them. Try practicing fighting, don't focus on your combos just think of them as extensions of your hits. Try to hit them with the first hit of your combo and then extend that hit with the rest of it, don't try to just hit them with the combo while they block it and retaliate.

What is your CFN

Do medium combos for sane damage.

Big changes would have been better for SFV t_b_h, at least while it's still was in season 1

At this point in time the game is still overly simplefied despite casuals not buying it.
There is no reason for that.

If they gave the character the deepth they had from 4 this game would be great.

Yep in SFV you can do nothing but dash or jump. Plus that is why ST is shit, cause has no hyper driver climax meter

Plus that shit does not stop this problem you are trying to create, you add another system then it is just I didn't X instead oy Y or Z. And once you start adding options to cover many things the game becomes all option selects that then also fucks it over even worse than before

And to add to this. Don't be afraid to try to win entire games without doing combos. Try winning with just AA/Counters/Grabs/pokes etc.

SF games have been on the decline for a long time but I don't think 4 ever had a reputation for not having whiff punishing.
>update your complaints to the current patch
I'm gonna wait before I give the game another chance. I'm still observing but from the opinions I've seen so far the neutral is more or less the same.

I did see some pretty clean play from Tokido recently where he wasn't recklessly approaching at all and he was punishing almost every dash and jump attempt though, so there is some hope for clean play in SFV's future. Maybe. I've already been fooled by this game once though.

Meh 19 dollars would have been a fair price at release.

It should cost like 5 now.

slow isnt a buzzword, could you not call sf3 faster than sf4? because thats what everyone was saying when it came out. that sf4 was slow, and theyre right lol.

dashins got shittier because people are ready for them, mika just got nerfed, the main aspect of chun and cammy being able to maul got nerfed. at the same time, cammys pressure was buffed and chuns footsie game was improved.

>no hyper driver climax meter
Now you're just spouting nonsense. You're full of shit. ST neutral is completely antithetical to SFV, which makes it a good game by default. Do you really think that having more defensive mechanics in a game as completely offensively oriented as this one would be a bad thing?

But that's not what I was getting at anyway. The fact that 'dash or jump' and 'throw, strike, or shimmy' are the most relevant "mindgames" with SFV only shows how lacking this barebones game is mechanically, how nonexistent the skill gap really is, and how dire the state of fighting games as a whole are right now.

hate 09ers that have become used to a game for 7 years so something new is bad

yall must hate sf2 and sf3, where whiff punishing is hard as hell and isnt common...just like sf5 but even worse

I'd rather call sf3 garbage desu famalam

>What is your CFN
ColdFeeling

I drop Ryu and picked up Zangief because of the SPD alone got me to bronze.

>Try to hit them with the first hit of your combo and then extend that hit with the rest of it, don't try to just hit them with the combo while they block it and retaliate.

I never thought of that I'm such a scrub holy shit.

No. Get Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator or Killer Instinct instead.

dont get xrd revelator as a newbie, if youre gonna do that you need a ps4 to be able to play with beginners all day

Killer Instinct is a good choice, but SF5 is very easy to get into

SF2 whiff punishing is hard as hell but to strawman that I or anyone else is bashing SFV purely because it doesn't have as much whiff punishing is a fallacy. It's actually possible to lame people out in ST without pulling your hair out, for one thing. The one that has to react and make the correct decision in that game is more often the one that's trying to approach, rather than the other way around like with SFV. And that's how it should be because the one trying to get in should have the most risk, to offset the higher reward.

>Try winning with just AA/Counters/Grabs/pokes etc.

How S2 is going I think this is the only way to win

KI and GG both have extremely good tutorials, making them easier to get into than SFV.

Revelator is by far a better game than SFV but you will get completely trashed in that game until you actually get intimately acquainted with all of your options. There are way more layers to neutral in that game than just "dash or jump" and there are way more layers to defense than just mixing up between wakeup jab, DP, and block.

GG isnt a good choice for a beginner ON PC

on PS4 i would recommend it, on PC where you arent gonna find true fighting game beginners except for maybe once a day in it? just go with SF5 or KI instead. SF5 is easy to get into because the skill floor is low, and street fighter is historically the simplest FG.

Im actually suprised there aren't more KI threads here on Sup Forums
By far the best fighting game the west has ever produced

Not realy.
The games have better tutorials but overall have much harder execution and much harder combos and the player has way more shit to deal whit because the game is so much faster.

Tutorials are realy only for the most casual of casuals who never played a fighting game before and lets face it you can learn how to play the game wo a tutorial in less than 5 minutes in practice mode.

Yeah worked for SFIV

OP, sf5 is very popular and has crossplay with PS4. And simple, good for beginners. You will learn fundamental fighting game skills that will transition to anything else youd like to learn.