Strength 33
Vitality 35
Skill 12
Arcane 15
Bloodtinge 5
Endurance 20

My weapon is Whirligig +10

This is NG, not NG+

I defeated Ludwig in less than minute, Maria is a thousand times harder to beat than him

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zzuq06uYkxI
youtube.com/watch?v=BbaaI5xf4y8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Have you tried not being bad?

>he can't even bully the pizza girl

fucking end your life lmao

parry her if you're having that much trouble.

Have you tried parrying? Like, at all?

How can ANYONE be THIS bad?
Literally the easiest boss in the entire game.

It's difficult to parry a girl that zips around you every second doing insane combos
She's way to fast, Ludwig was a fucking joke compared to this semen demon

Have you tried walking in a circle to the right around her? That works with every single souls boss.

learn her patterns you homo

She does attacks from left and right and behind her
Walking in a circle around her to the right will leave me decimated

Have you tried getting good?

First half is piss easy, I know her pattern
Second half is brutal as she attack you when her back is facing you as well
There is literally no where to attack her without her attacking you in the second half

distance

All souls bosses patterns are, side swipe, side swipe from the opposite side, over head.

I can't attack her from a distance, I need to go close so I can hit her

Game tip: if you throw 5 coins at her feet she will drop her weapons while taking her clothes off and start sucking your dick, depending on you hunters stamina you can 1hko her with a huge amount of cum so she falls back and goes to sleep

She does dual blade attacks that go 180 degrees in opposite directions that make a 360 degree attack range

Each boss in the DLC punishes a certain playstyle.
>Ludwig=Skill Build
>Failures=Lack of Crowd Control
>Maria=Strength Build
Unsure of spoilers, so just work with the shit names, you will get them
>Cleric 2.0=Lack of Solo focus
>Placenta=
>=
>...
>Everything you knew about the franchise so far

Maria is a hard boss for the strength build because she requires mobility (and a fuckton of it) to dodge attacks, then take opportunities when they present-something skill weapons usually are better at. The best way I found was to euther parry the shit out of her after phase 2 or just bitch out and wait until the EZ-dodge lunge, where she is vulnerable for a good second or so. You could also try a skill weapon if you have a quality build going.

But yeah, pepper your anus because you still have the hardest boss in all of soulsborne with an unfavourable build. Good luck, and may the good blood guide you.

Thanks for the advice man

Just summon someone.

>Each boss in the DLC punishes a certain playstyle.
>Maria=Strength Build

Really? She was the biggest pushover in the DLC with my strength build.

Fuck off
I've never done that I don't plan on now

Then don't come here crying

How did you defeat her?

>summoning

I'm shitty at the Soulsborne games and defeated her for the first time during NG+ a couple days ago after ten attempts and using the hammersword.
I just hit them when she was close, healed when I was hurt. That's it.

Not him but the chicken wang basicly stun locks her if you smash her during any of her non-armored combos

I assume by parrying. Without parrying, her fast movements force you have to have 'experienced level' soulsbourne instincts, mainly to tell when she is going to be vulnerable. I find her 4/10 now, with more of experience, but from a newcomers perspective, she served my ass lightly peppered with cinnamon, especially compared to the living failures.
Also to original user, the best grinding area in the game is next to the Research Hall lamp, kill the crawling goobers on the floor and in the sludge pond thing with 3 moon runes for ~20k echos every time
(JIC You know that you need to make contact with the Brain to get Lv3 Moon rune. You will understand what I mean later if you don't now)

I dont want to over level though as thats cheating
I wouldn't know which stats to level up anyway

>28 replies
>14 posters
End your life, samefag.
Just because your parents don't love you doesn't mean you can come add more cancer to this board.

Most people here just go E vs 1 against her, do it with someone. The bloodborne community isn't shit if you ignore falseflaggers. Someone will help you. I can't rn because my PS+ sub ended.

I haven't summoned with every other boss in the game so I don't want to copy out now

Put some old shellin' on the weapon and stunlock her

Better yet, learn to bully her, it's a lot of fun doind that

A corpse should be left well alone, OP.

You're not supposed to beat her
The DLC ends there

You can't do it kid!

you have to press r1 to attack. If you do so, Maria's health bar shrinks and when it reaches zero, she dies. Also: GIT GUD!

I found her quite easy. Still haven't beat kos yet... /spoiler or some say kosm /spoiler

I whacked her with my big sword and that stunned her more often than not.

HHHHNNNNGGGG

*pewt*

Do you get her weapons in the Dlc?

DELEEEEEETEEEE THIIIIIIS

You can but it's brutal if you're unprepared.

Do you unlock them straight after you defeat her?

>>That run on sentence

youtube.com/watch?v=Zzuq06uYkxI

Looking at those stats...
-Get that Vit higher. 40 min, 50 is the hardcap. Its a general community standard, especially in PvP. Whatever you don't feel cheap with my dude.
-Maybe a bit more End, whatever you are comfortable with dude. I tend around 25
-Rest into Str, until you don't want to feel cheap
-Are you using Pistol or Blunder? If not go Pistol. It was hard for me at first, but trust me, Pistol outclasses BB at range, which many of the later bosses occur at. By the time they are in BB range, it's too late.

The grinding area is less about levelling. Its for buying blood vials when you go against the final boss in the DLC, pretty spoilerless codename: Placenta (Or some say Placentsm)

Thank me later

Basically just dodge her attack or string of attacks into a dodge-attack and dodge/back away and repeat

What level is considered over leveled for DLC?

level 999

No, after two boss tier enemies far from a lamp. One of the fuckers legit stares at you as you climb down the ladder into their pit. Kill them both, get the Rakuyo, her weapon. Skill weapon though, so not suitable for OP's run

On my first attempt using the holy moonlight sword I got her down to less than half a bit away from death and after that it took me another 15 attempts. And I had to do it with my saw spear

Hold on, let me have another feel

Says you. The Rakuyo was my main weapon for my Strength/Skill character.

Parrying probably will make your life easier but it isn't necessary, I barely ever parried in BB, I just watched her movements and took advantage of the openings she leaves. See how she dashes and dodges around and try to get to where she will be instead of chasing after her like a puppy, or be a little bit outside her range and counter attack.

When I fought her with the Whirligig Saw I found the L2 hold attack was extremely effective, as long as it was chipping away at her she'd stagger before she could complete her next swing.

Nope. You need to kill some giants in the well near the end of the Hamlet.

If you're over 100 before the Fishing Hamlet you're probably over-leveled. The Orphan is easily the hardest boss, so once you take him out Wet Nurse, Gehrman, and Moon Presence will feel like chumps.

Why though, you aren't optimizing your damage if you're using the Rakuyo with a quality build.

I'm already 70
I need to improve my techniques big league

Oh fuck I remember those fuckers. I saw him staring me down as I went down the well. I just got the fuck outta there

It carried me through NG++ where I got Platnium. Then again, I'm not a PVPfag so w/e

youre supposed to be 70 when you get to Maria dont worry

am I doing something wrong in Bloodborne, I have not been invaded and the only dude to summon so far I found was a NPC.

Players don't have summon signs, just ring your bell if you want co-op. You won't be invaded unless you summon somebody either.

You don't even have to wait that long to get it. Just go down the ladder into the well in the middle of the village and you can fight them there.

You'll have to parry and take the first one out quick, though. If you have Shaman Bone Blades, you can turn them against each other.

Depends. Around the 100 mark is pretty neato, the community says around BL90-120 for PvP for postgame duelling, so I would say DLC should be around the 80-110 mark depending on where you are in the main campaign. However there are madmen who have done her either naked, Stake Driver Charged R2 only (Longest chargeup attack in the game), Gun only (No melee) or BL 4.

OP will learn that those guys are on par, if not better than the Crow of Cainhurst (Assuming he followed through with the bird lady quest). If not, he will witness the bossfight that the Living Failures should have been.

Just as a heads up OP, the Rakuyo guards will both be able to OHKO you at that Vit. At 50 Vit, they can nearly OHKO you, at which point they breathe on you before they take you out. All while you worry about the Winter Lantern humming away nearby (Frenzy Eye Lady in the Nightmare Frontier)

So if I ring the bell, will I be randomly invaded or will they show up like a red soapstone?

what's the lore behind Maria?

>summoning is a cop out
You are literally doing yourself a disservice for not enjoying the online aspects of the souls games. You should be cooping and invading.

>Tfw you hear tales of Maria being hard and you challenge her, fully expecting to lose.
>Tfw you beat her on THE-FIRST-FUCKING-TRY!

I sucked at bloodborne and had to summon people several times for other bosses. First time I try Maria I solo it and I fucking just parry every damn attack she throws at me pixel perfect. Never had visceral attacks felt so good. I felt like a god!

>How I felt for the rest of the dlc until Orphan. youtube.com/watch?v=BbaaI5xf4y8

Sorry, I meant to say 80-110 for Codename:Placenta

Maria=~65-95

>VIT 35
Man I don't even bother playing these days without 50 VIT and the 5/10% Health Runes. Just who cares.

Anyway parry her. She kicked my shit since I hadn't had to learn how to parry up to then, took like 20 tries.

Then I beat Orphan first try, so you know different strokes for different folks.

When you ring the bell you signal that you want somebody to join your world, and you also summon a bell-ringing woman. The bell-ringing woman will summon invaders unless you kill her.

There are also a couple of late-game areas that just have a bell-ringing woman by default.

She's cute.

>First try
How. Tell me. But no spoilers, OP is a blissful virgin to the dicking he promises.

Crow of Cainhurst was EZPZ as long as you have Ludwig's Blade and stay on the staircase. Those two shark fuckers are another story entirely.

Moonlight Sword breaks his poise in two hits, got lucky with a couple of parries and dodged through the bullshit lightning.

The lore is underneath the skirt.

>Moonlight Sword breaks his poise in two hits
Also the arc on the swing is so wide it catches him in the sidestep, since he doesn't get i-frames. Guess he didn't level ADP.

what happens next?

I quit after Ludwig. I just couldn't beat him. Of all the bullshit unfair bosses in Souls history, he's the worst.

DSP pls go.

go to bed, Phil

I can understand if he catches you on the jump, always gets me. Otherwise he just does that Sir Alonne thing where he has delays on his attacks to punish roll spamming.

Then you have Abhorrent Beast which punishes delayed rolling.

Lmao.

>Bloodborne
>unfair

nigger, i had never played a souls game before this one and i thought bloodborne was incredibly fair. it's challenging, but not in the throw-endless-amounts-of-bullshit-at-you-way.

I just started the game recently.
What should I go for, STR or Skill? I like fast weapons that leave me enough time to fuck off if I mess up.
This shit has been weird without a shield and the first zone alone feels way harder than Undead Burg ever was. Jesus, I nearly shat myself when that hunchback appeared out of nowhere and fucked me up while I was dealing with doggos.

Parried.

>What should I go for, STR or Skill? I like fast weapons that leave me enough time to fuck off if I mess up.
Well then what the fuck do you think?

fuck Abhorrent Beast tbqh

I don't know, what do the future weapons like the buzzsaw use? I don't like that crane/whip shit.

Speed. Str is viable to but I'd say you'd have a funner time with Skill build. Bloodtinge is also great. Makes guns actually do some damage.

>Cheesing the honourable Crow of Cainhurst. A man so honourable, that rather than finishing his target, he let them retreat outside, to get her thug friend to sort things out. Don't forget that he, the other Crow, attacked her. The Crows' duty is to dispose of the blood drunk hunters. In an alternate route of the quest, she becomes blood drunk and aggressive to the player, due to her age, thus history in taking blood. Yet he lets her go. He sees that she is no longer blood drunk, and shows her mercy.

All for some smartass to cheese him on the stairs. I assure you that if you fight him the *right* way, the Rakuyo guards and him are around the same level of difficulty

Fuck off, Phil

Buzzsaw is strength.

Endgame Skill stuff is more Church Pick/Rakuyo/Blades of Mercy/Gherman's Scythe Thing kinda deal.

Subject to a much slower start since the cane/whip and even the saw cleaver suck ass compared to Hunter's Axe wrecking shit right off the bat.

I love STR/Arc builds myself.

I stood on that ledge above them you find wandering around under the hamlet. Tossed knives at them until they came over and cheesed them with charged attacks whenever they clipped through the ground. Took a bit longer, but it's way easier and safer.

>I assure you that if you fight him the *right* way, the Rakuyo guards and him are around the same level of difficulty
The Rakuyo guards are way harder, Crow just needs 350+ AR and you wreck him.

>Ludwig=Skill Build
I min maxed vit/skl for my run and i raped the shit out of him with my cane.
He was the easiest boss after living failure

please do not lewd the beasts

>living failure
You can't say it's not an apt name.

I think they just exist so that sunflower area had a boss.

Which is fair enough, it's a nice arena.

One of the most beautiful boss fights in the game, 3rd phase is absolutely amazing, and that music hnnnnnngggg
Probably 2nd best boss fight after Gehrman, aesthetic-wise

The reason BB seems hard is because now you are playing the series the correct way, like an agressive man-not a passive turtle. If you come from souls, use either the Str based Kirkhammer/Hunter Axe (A Sword that turns into a Hammer or an Axe that turns into....a longer Axe) or the General Skill based Saw Cleaver/Spear (A Saw that turns into a Spear believe it or not) Try out both, see what you like. Always go Pistol, just trust me, better in the long run

As a general idea, Str is best at PvE, with accessories such as the Hunters Axe, Ludwig's Sword and The Holy Moonlight Sword (+Arcane) making a comeback whereas Skill is better for PvP and Hunter fights (Hard, Hostile NPC's) with accessories such as The Blades of Mercy, Chikage (+Bloodtinge) and Rakuyo

There are 2 shields in-game, but use them exclusively for ranged attacks/magic, it won't block direct attacks for shit

Finally, try to go as spoiler free the first time around. Enjoy the first experience, because what I would give for that again.

Shields are nice, but not if they engender passivity.

Fuck off fag, she is a -1/10 boss and weak waifubait

Compared to the Witches of Hemwick. 10/10 would worship as eldritch gods again

if you're having that much trouble, put three more points into ARC, then equip augur of ebriatas and spam it on her. make sure you have runes that give you bullets on ripostes.