"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"

"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"

True or False, Sup Forums?

Super Paper Mario had absolutely incredible writing holy shit

Was he /our guy/?

SPM may not have held up to well in the gameplay department but the writers stayed to true Paper Mario style and I can appreciate that.

>incredible writing
the story was akin to something an edgy 10 year old would come up with. and because of its shitty OC-tier characters and story miyamoto decided to pull the plug and turn the entire series into toad-shit. its what ruined the paper mario series as we know it.

Explain how it's any "edgier" than TTYD

Nah, I only bitch about games I've played. I mean Final Fantasy IV on the PSP. Holy fuck, only 48 item slots? What is this, 1991? Total bullshit.

>that meta bullshit
>incredible writing
this board reall is reddit. holy shit.

false
I make it a point to have atleast spent an hour with a game I hate, or ai won't complain about the game itself

characters like this faggot and count bleck are the definition of edge.

The villains in both games were basically edge. The main difference between the two is that one has actual character and develops while the other is just evil for the sake of of, or something something power.

Count Bleck is edgy, I agree. But Dimentio? Not at all, he's a fucking trickster

>"What kind of loser would love doing that?" Younger me thought.

Well now.

I was already doing that when I first played SPM. Especially when it came to exclusives for consoles I didn't have.

"And so I arrive, like a sudden windstorm at a kindergarten picnic!"
"You must be Bowser. I knew the moment I saw the flailing nubbins you call arms."
"And here I thought Mimi's idea of a perfect world was a gem-filled pool with hunky lifeguards..."
"Mmm... I do enjoy a good chunking..."
"Now we must duel, like two gleaming banjos on a moonlit stoop!"
"Your blows are like tiny jackhammers wielded by tiny, angry road workers!"
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one."
Dimentio was a treat. If he had more of a developed motivation he would rank higher in my favorite villains of a time list.

What the fuck does edgy even mean?

Sounds like a term to use when you run into something you don't like

"I don't like x, so it's edgy"

stop fucking reminding me of my age goddamnit its xmas i dont need this shit

sounds to me like you're buttblasted because i told the truth about this piece of shit game. it ruined the paper mario series and you have no one to blame but yourself for enjoying it.

Honestly, I still liked the gameplay a lot, it's just that it wasn't Paper Mario.

It's used by illiterate people to describe anything dark, sinister, or any other number of descriptors because it's easier for them to compare everything to Slipknot music than to grasp any kind of nuance.

SPM was a fun little story, not overly complex as most Mario games tend to be but fun. It's just manbabies crying over something being different as usual.

Nice post. What a well thought out argument! Your baseless insults and assumptions have really opened up my eyes!

faggot

That's not edgy, the fuck are you on

>not overly complex as most Mario games tend to be
>spmfags are actually this pea-brained

How is Dimentio edgy? Dude's a fucking jester.

Hell, even Count Bleck is only debatably edgy. He wants to destroy the universe, well so does literally every other villain. That, and he screams "BLECK" every five seconds like a bulimic with tourettes.

This sums it up

t. edgelord

>reading comprehension

It pretty much is just that in my experience. People can't explain what edgy really means or why it's a bad thing, they just say it is most of the time.

>being this butthurt

You still haven't explained what edgy means

I think he meant in terms of gameplay.
There's no running, no powerups, it's pretty much just pure platforming with RPG elements layered on top of that.

Isn't he basically Hisoka?

"It's not overly complex"
"As most Mario games tend to be"

Literally it's simple as shit just like every other Mario game. Fuck you are dumb.

retard lol

Kinda sorta, except Dimentio is a manipulative plotting piece of shit, while Hisoka is much more honest about his desires and prefers to go out and get the job done himself.

PAPER MARIO STORY RANKINGS

SPM > TTYD >PM > dog shit > nu-paper mario

>This nigga, Merloo, was said to have wrote the Light Prognosticus on only his scipture. He was also said to have dimensional powers.
>Merlumina is said to have wrote it from her scripture and all the other Sages that idolized her.
>yfw Merloo actually wrote it but Merlumina was given all the glory.
>Dimentio is hinted to have wrote the Dark. Prognosticus. And also calls himself the "Master of Dimensions".
>yfw Merloo went insane with jealousy and wrote the Dark Prognosticus as an act of revenge, taking the allias and alter ego of Dimentio.

Deepest lore.

the "nu-" prefix has become the biggest cancer of this board. People legitimately think they're being funny.

wow, that sounds like something out of a fucking fan fiction.

>Any form of dialog that can be taken as hostel is considered "edgy" now.
Jesus.

it wasn't an attempt at humor. I just dont feel like listing the trash that are the new paper mario games

It's just a descriptor, stop being angry at less than nothing.

As if people using "Neo" is any better.

Welcome to Sup Forums, where anything that isn't every colour of the rainbow at once and nothing but sunshine is considered too edgy.

You cracked the code!

are you autistic or something?

>xmas
*Christmas

Just like you losing your viginity

>nintoddler
>calling anyone a virgin
at least you have your princess peach plush

Peach is hot, bra.

best girl

*neck snap*

yeah, she is pretty hot.