Finished it for the first time today. What a great fucking game

Finished it for the first time today. What a great fucking game.
>Amazing level design
>Great world building through the audio records
>Fun combat
>Good plot

Are 2 and Infinite as good as this one?

2 is okay. Infinite is garbage.

Infinite is the best one.

2 and infinite up the combat. That's it.

2 is good, mainly improves the mechanics and has a more personal story, Infinite is a generic shooter

Infinite looked interesting, sucks to know that it isn't good. Guess i'll buy 2 and enjoy my Big Daddy experience.

Why?

Infinite is a terrible game.

>Great world building through the audio records

Infinite is good, but I liked the first better. If it's cheap go on and get it. All bioshocks were fun for me, even 2.

>a slave obeys

Oh, I'm sorry for playing your game. I'm such a puppet.

I personally prefered 2 because of the enhanced fight and for me more appealing story since it was more "personal". The ending was great and even better than 1.
I can't hardly say anything to Infinite. It's my favourite, but combat is too generic and the plot is interesting, but also boring when you cosnider it's quite usual.

Agree with you. Also, the atmosphere is amazing, and the survival elements of BioShock is underrated.

MINERVA'S DEN, MOTHERFUCKER

>amazing level design

no

also ken levine's storytelling is probably the worst approach to interactive design, he literally hammers slogans on the corridor walls.

>Implying Rapture isn't one of the GOAT game scenarios

>survival elements

maybe on the highest difficulty with no vita chambers. but without tweaking it a bunch that game is piss easy and your ammo is almost always full

They're all shit, and no one really enjoyed Bioshock, including you. Kill yourself.

Played both a few moments ago

2 fix most stuff that are wrong from the 1. Delta is badass and wear plasmid and weapons at the same time. Level designs are great, if not better. Hacking now can be done from afar and it's real time too. Plot is inferior but still generally enjoyable.

Infinite is pretty okay. In terms of combat, this is probably the best in the shock games, but it's still pretty mediocre. Levels are more linear, but most combat takes on open areas which is good. Where the level designs shines are when the levels has some sense of verticality and the rails, which is fun to flank enemies with rails, but unfortunately there's only a handful of those areas. Story is shit because the characters behave like idiots, and the twist seems abrupt. The graphics and the art directions are top notch, tho.

Also, can somebody post the picture about Infinite's plotholes with Jay in the background?

>fun combat

No it's not, the cumbat is trash,it's a copyodf System shock 2 combat exceot it doesn't work as well because the enemies are 4x faster.

I know, as if you had any other choice.

I think that message would have been stronger on a rpg as a quest or at least give you alternatives to really drive it home.

>would you kindly
>stand there. Save game. Turn off. Come back. Start game again. Stand there.
>would you kindly.
>rinse and repeat

What were they thinking we would do?

I played System Shock 2 and i think Bioshock did fine, senpai

Bioshock 2 improves heavily on the combat mechanics making it a much more enjoyable time playing. I also actually liked the story more in 2 as well, fatherly feels

2 is slightly different but still very good, even better to some.

Infinite is bad.

lol i think you guys are looking into it too deep.

it's just part of the story it's not a "pick your own adventure" type game

infinite is globalist shit. Muh anti racism black revolution tier. Hollow, unrealistic, and peddling a narrative.

1&2 are just well thought out, and inspired by thought provoking literature/media. 1 is a true work of art.

>no deep sea horror game exists
>have perfect setting for it
>have fantastic concept art for deep sea related enemies
>ditch all that and make every enemy besides one a generic zombie fuck
>the setting is now purposeless
honestly this kills the whole game for me

2 has better gameplay and a good story, but its painful how its kinda hamfisted into the Bioshock world.

1 is the peak of the series, unfortunately

Actual monsters wouldn't fit the theme and plot and would turn it into another forgetable horror game.

>it doesn't work as well because the enemies are 4x faster.
Either consolecuck or git gud.

Fuck off for the love of god Sup Forums

Bioshock 2 is the best one.

I disagree entirely and would go so far as to call you a foul-smelling. uneducated negro.

2 even better. Infinite is trash

Kill yourself

I know I would remember the game more if it was like the concept art.
>muh theme excuses having terrible generic enemies 95% of the time

That wasn't the point you absolute dingus, unless you were talking about Spec Ops maybe

It was merely a deconstruction of typical FPS campaigns

You normally get given objectives and do them just because it pops up on your screen and you wanna complete the game

Bioshock parodies this by having a character who is literally brainwashed into completing whatever objective pops up on your screen, you don't have any choice because your character doesn't have any choice

the slave isnt you, the slave is jack

I forget because its been a few years, but didn't the game end up as painting the black rebels as nothing but terrorists anyways?

did you play the dead space games?

first is the best, 2 is really different but still great

except infinite is better then ds3

they scrapped almost the entire game and rewrote infinite, made waifu's tits smaller, removed the main mechanic

It's funny you just finished this because I also just finished Bioshock 1 for the first time today and found it to be extremely mediocre.

The game had a good length, around 10 hours for my playthrough. Sadly the combat was just wonky. About halfway through the game enemies start to feel like they take way too much damage. It's ridiculous that I have to shoot a Splicer five times in the chest with the shotty to down them just because I haven't taken 100 boring ass pictures of their corpse for extra damage.

Once I got to the Olympus Heights area the game just went full retard. Enemies respawn out of thin air. Stealth is almost pointless because you can just die over and over and respawn in the vitachamber, which is exactly how I beat the game. I'd run in, unload point blank on some enemies, die, respawn, rinse and repeat until the area is cleared and I can follow the little yellow arrow to my next quest location.

The combat was also tedious as all hell. The upgrades for the weapons felt like they had little to no impact on the usefulness of your weapon; even with a fully upgraded shotty I still had to shoot splicers three times point blank. The weapon switching is the usual 1~5 number keys, except there are like 9 different weapon slots ensuring you'll spend half the fight mouse-wheeling through your weapons until you find one that has ammo, or fat-finger a number key and accidentally switch to a weapon with the wrong ammo loaded.

The plasmids. My god what a great concept made extremely mundane by a lack of direction in gameplay. You get these plasmids and you think you're going to grow in power, but all they do is give you these lame purchasable upgrades that barely make the ability better. You'll get version 2 of incenerate.. so things burn a little hotter? I had bees fully upgraded and it felt like there was next to no difference between the final upgrade and the basic bees.

6/10. Play it on a rainy day.

Bioshock 1 has the better main story, but Bioshock 2 has the better gameplay

Minerva's Den is the highlight of the series however

Yes. They weren't really likable at all.

Also there was Irish

Everything you typed screams how much of a scrub you are

Or how bad a game Bioshock must be if I can win by running my character into enemies with a wrench over and over and just respawn without consequence.

Bioshock 2 is the best of the three. It may not have some epic twist but it just wants to tell a simple story. It has the best gunplay of the series. It's a game that gets better as it goes along, the first few levels are awful.

Infinite is just Ken Levine's way of trying to outdo Bioshock 2, even going as far as entirely wiping Bioshock 2's events from canon in his shitty DLC.

You probably should have turned off the vita chambers if you couldnt stop yourself from abusing them.

also if you didnt notice the difference between upgrades you werent paying attention, so it's hard to take you too seriously

it's not a perfect game, but you certainly dont have to play it like a retard

minervas den was so fuckin good