This game is never coming out. Ever

This game is never coming out. Ever.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KdeY1v6jC7Q
gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-07-30-half-life-2-art-director-left-when-valve-stopped-making-aaa-games
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who cares?

I came to terms with it long ago and no longer care. The world has moved on from Half-Life.

>tfw Valve is just racking in millions and millions of dollars with hats and microtransactions to create the highest budget game ever

I want to believe

According to the Know It's because Mass Effect 3s ending

>This game is never coming out. Ever.
So are many others.
What so special about this one?

Valve isn't crazy enough to ruin the Half Life series with HL3. It's highly likely that it won't live up to the hype and end up with the same fate as Mass Effect 3 or Zero Time Dilemma.

>Nuclear war is imminent
>Gabe announces HL3
>The missiles start flying
>Gabe gives a copy to IGN
>IGN says it's best game ever made
>The world ends, human civilization is no more
>In the free flowing data streams in the abyss HL3 is recorded as the best game ever for all eternity

(You)

this

fuck this shitty Sup Forums meme

Back in highscool i used to joke with my friends that i would have a kid before hl2 ep 3/hl3 came out. Looks like i was not wrong

Why would you want a sequel to mediocre tech demo?

Who would actually believe it would be a good game today?

Holy fuck it's been 4 years since 3.0?

I hope Anno finishing Shin Godzilla means he's resuming work on 4.0.

this game will be announced in five days at the Steam Awards Show.

this!

>tfw Valve is just racking in millions and millions of dollars with hats and microtransactions
Releasing another buy2play game would simply kill those revenues.
Which is the exact reason why this is never going to happen.

>cucked by (((capitalism))) amerisharts who don't realize valve is a private company and that profits arent the endall beall of its existence

>Releasing another buy2play game would simply kill those revenues.

Can't wait for (((Valve))) to die and someone else to acquire rights to the series.

and with good reason
you honestly believe releasing a mediocre linear fps with physics elements would do anything but hurt valves reputation?

it was cool 20 years ago but i have more interesting things now kill you're self

If Valve would release another buy2play game, their audience would buy and start playing it and therefore stop spending their monies on hats.
Releasing a B2P game would actually ruin their current revenues instead of increasing them.

Because everyone who plays Dota 2, CSGO and TF2 are diehard Half-Life fans right?

You clearly haven't tried VR.

Valve are spearheading VR, and have already made some of the best VR games/experiences.

It's an absolute nobrainer that HL3 is going to be one of the first mindblowing full game VR experiences. But VR needs a few more years for prices to come down, and greater adoption before that can happen.

>You clearly haven't tried VR.
What is VR's killer app?

The problem with the "they don't want to ruin Half-Life" argument is that they already ruined Half-Life with an anti-climactic cliffhanger "ending" that no one has any intention of resolving anymore. The Half-Life series is like a canceled TV show.

I think the point of the post is that HL3 will be the VR killer app

>few more years
>VR
In a few more years VR will be what 3D is today.

If it did come out I wouldn't buy it on principal desu.

There is a lot of room for improvement in VR so its hardly the same.

It just needs a killer app, HL3 would do the trick.

Then how can he say with confidence that VR is going to be the next big thing?

If you want it, start spreading false info that Valve said that they have permanently cancelled the project and get shit media sites to report on it. Spread that as much as possible, fake some documents with Half Life 2 Episode 3 with a giant CANCELLED stamp across it in blurry cam and spread as much false info as you can.

Let the internet stew over it for a while, let Valve deny your source then leave it for a few weeks or a month or so, then do the whole thing again with new info and news. Eventually Valve will get pissed they have to keep taking care of PR disasters and will either outright cancel it or will release a half-assed piece of shit so we can all move on with life.
Deep down, you know I'm right.

I just highlighted all of the posts in this thread referencing VR to let you know you're fucking retarded if you think HL3 is going to be a VR title. You clearly have no idea about the limitations of VR and how shit it is for gaming.

Then why did you quote me too. you furballed ruffian?

>I just highlighted all of the posts in this thread referencing VR

I think the had VR in mind but due to people not being that crazy about it I think they dropped the idea.

I still feel they are holding out for a major tech jump to showcase HL3 on. Just pretty graphics wont be enough.

if it does come out I hope it's just a new game with loose connections to the previous titles

why

It has nothing to do with VR.

Valve just doesn't make any AAA games anymore fullstop. Read anything about their retarded business structure.

It's just handfuls of people farting around on some shitty pet projects most of which wont see the light of day. There's zero chance that 100+ people are going to collaborate on a game.

Valve is basically an elephants graveyard for game devs where you can just sit around acting like an indie dev, except with infinite financial backing and no pressure to actually release anything

cos it's been too long since the episodes, I kind of just want a future new tech game like 2 was to 1

you can still be gordon freeman, but I think 1 was a better game and it had less vestment in characters

>I think the had VR in mind but due to people not being that crazy about it I think they dropped the idea.
It's more to do with the limitations of VR.
>High end PC requirement
>50% of userbase getting VR sickness
>Room scale
>Configuring everything each time you start VR
There will never be a HL3 or crazy shit like Titanfall in VR because VR sickness has killed the platform. Most people will feel uncomfortable playing a VR game for a long period of time. It's why pretty much every game is just a shooting gallery.
VR is dead. The actual exciting tech for gaming will be AR. But even that has massive flaws.

I always feel like driving and piloting games are the ones who could use the VR the most, since players don't have to move.
Yet everybody and their mother insist in shooting galery

>Eventually Valve will get pissed they have to keep taking care of PR disasters
>"have to''
this is where you fucked up
valve is too lazy to bother, thats the entire point of their hippie commune work ethic
the"PR disaster" is a default state for valve with shitposting unsatiable CuckS:GOyim on one side, dotards (dota + retards) on the other, nonfunctional steam support on the third and abandoned TF2 in the corner and maybe some gambling dramas (but that was CSGO again so it probs doesnt count)
"people" (as only thirdies and slavs constitute the CS and Dota playerbase) would keep coming back even if Satan himself was directing these games because they, plain and simple, have shit taste, have never played another videogame in their life and are in most part underage
tldr youre so new it hurts

btw the "hl2ep3" idea of your post would get instantly shot down in the communities as the fact valve isnt going to make an episode 3, because they are done with episodic content, but a full fledged HL3

All good points, I agree, but when the Funhaus youtube guys made a video saying they had an internal source inside Valve saying that hl3 has been put on permanent hiatus, Valve flipped their shit and said they wouldn't confirm or deny hl3 but it's not on permanent hiatus.

I don't much care for valve's internal working and didn't read about them saying they wouldn't do an ep3, I should have done some research, but it really looked like Valve was seriously pissed when people claimed that they weren't ever going to make hl3 and I think if they kept getting harassed about "news" that they've "confirmed" that hl3 is never coming out, they'd actually address it once and for all.

The reason Valve has taken so long to make HL3 is because Gaben made a proclamation after Portal 2 that there would be no more traditional single-player games. For a number of reasons, many fiscal (HATS!), others philosophical (linear cinematic experiences having become 'low-hanging fruit' for Valve, something they had absolutely mastered producing). The work they would have put into HL3 went into other projects.

That was a decade ago. One of their major projects in that time was 'Stars of Blood', was to be a 'space-pirate MMO' - presumably very akin to Star Citizen. It was eventually cancelled. Another was VR, which became the HTC Vive, and yet another was an AR system which was aborted in favor of the Vive, the rights given away to the core staff as they were fired.

>Valve is basically an elephants graveyard for game devs where you can just sit around acting like an indie dev, except with infinite financial backing and no pressure to actually release anything

This is the retarded neo-Sup Forums hipster valve hate perspective in a nutshell. Add in 'greedy jews' and 'steam is DRM' to taste. It's completely fucking retarded, and anyone parroting it should feel real shame. You're talking about the company with the highest profit:employee ratio in the world, possibly in all of history - you really think they've got a lot of space-fillers?

Half-Life 3 will happen. Half-Life VR will happen. They will not be the same thing. HL3 has been repeatedly, time and again, confirmed not to be a VR game. This is absolutely the one thing they will break their silence to make clear, that they don't believe in dividing the base that way.

THIS
fuck half life

>The work they would have put into HL3 went into other projects.
The last project Valve had that was worth a damn was Portal 2, 5 years ago.

>Half-Life 3 will happen. Half-Life VR will happen

There is a fair chance they will just never make another AAA game again, let alone Half Life 3.

You need actual direct management to have a project on that scale, which is one thing Valve doesn't have.

I was 16 when episode 2 came out.

Now I personally don't even give a shit anymore.

It literally is a carrot on a stick, for idiots, valve themselves said they are done producing videogames as it is more profitable to sit on steam and watch the money flow in than make games, it was actually implied by Gabe Newell himself

youtube.com/watch?v=KdeY1v6jC7Q
Every time.

Same. And modern teens newer played it, so literally no reason for valve to put any resources in hl3

Yeah I remember Gabe essentially confirming they'll never make a non free-to-play game again.
Still, I think you could get the internet to become a hate machine against Valve for confirming hl3 NeverEver status to the point where leddit take over and form some bullshit cuckfest where they refuse to use steam or some bullshit like that. It probably wouldn't work and I don't care enough to do anything about it, but it's an idea.

i want to hug lauren! hug the feminism out of her! with my dick

>with my dick
Is it a meter long or something?

Why does anyone care?

Let's be honest, if modern Valve made a new half life game you probably wouldn't like it anyway.

this, they've lost the touch

How so? People wouldn't stop playing dota and cs go. Although from a financial viewpoint, it doesn't make much sense for Valve to make games anymore. With that said, valve could sell and jpeg of a pile of shit and it would sell like hot cakes as long as it's called Half life 3.

We both may agree personally when it comes to DOTA2, their highest-profile game release since Portal 2, but we would clearly be in the minority. CS:GO, DOTA2, and their hardware are all absolutely quality productions.

>You need actual direct management to have a project on that scale, which is one thing Valve doesn't have.
You're just regurgitating the neo-Sup Forums hipster valve-hate circlejerk meme. The entire idea that they suffer from some great crisis of mismanagement comes from shitty 'anonymous source' clickbait, and it is absurd in the face of the facts.

They won't. No matter how much it fades into obscurity as the years roll on by, as long as they don't ever say it's cancelled or on permanent hiatus then people can still hold onto hope. The moment the hope is gone they'll be factually viewed as a company that used to make games and now does cash cows as opposed to a company that used to make games and now does cash cows with their magnum opus still in the works.

Yeah this.
As much as I liked it, Star Fox Zero should be the poster child for this. It's almost the same game as SF64 and almost everyone disliked it. It's a shame too, because it's good if you've got even a hint of coordination.

CS:GO is garbage, stick with CS:S or 1.6.
DOTA is ASSFAGGOTS, do you even need to be told it's bad?

Will they EVER flat out say they are not going to make another Half-life?

That's why I think the internet should campaign to spread false info to get people asking them if it's actually coming out and then continually forcing them to provide a status on the game. Keeping it in the public eye is bad for Valve because it keeps people asking questions about it, not letting it fade into obscurity.

Everyone who replied to this before now, fuck you

>DOTA is ASSFAGGOTS, do you even need to be told it's bad?
Sounds like you're running entirely on memes

No, illiterate. I'm saying that the mere fact of these games existence, and of course all the hardware, and all the VR R&D, and The Lab, and Destinations, and Steams continued existence, and continuing support for TF2, L4D2, etc., all of this absolutely destroys the neo-Sup Forums hipster valve-hate 'greedy jews who don't even make games any more, just collect money from Steam and hats' circlejerk.

Again, we may agree personally that ASSFAGGOTS is a garbage 'genre', but I don't think there can be any denying that DOTA2 is a top-quality production of that genre. Same for CS:GO (which I've never actually played to comment on myself), even if you hate it for whatever reason. Valve has rarely released a game that was anything but top quality. Like, pretty much just Ricochet.

Im not just mindlessly bashing Valve though, just making the simple observation that their structure is no longer set up for making some giant AAA game.

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-07-30-half-life-2-art-director-left-when-valve-stopped-making-aaa-games

Its been like that for a while. The last thing they released that could be compared to Half Life is Portal 2 six fucking years ago. Buying mods and doing them up could be done by a 20 man studio in China, it tells you nothing.

To make a game on the scale of Half Life you need a traditional studio structure, where a director is in charge of 150 - 200 people and just says 'this is what we're doing now'.
Clearly that isn't going to happen at Valve as it is now.

so your point is that, even if the games are shit, we shouldn't complain that Valve doesn't make anything good any more because of the production values

My question is : did they already worked on it? like for a few months ? or is it still a from scratch project?

Am I supposed to care? the series wasnt good.

modern valve made Portal 2 though

that was good

>since players don't have to move.
This doesn't stop VR sickness.
The reason you get travel sick is because your inner ear and your eye are telling your brain conflicting things. In VR, it's even worse, because you aren't moving at all.

Fpbp
Never cared for this shitty series
I hope Gaben chokes on a dick the fat cunt

Portal 2 was 5 years ago and came from a time when they still made games. It is very much not modern Valve.

>The entire idea that they suffer from some great crisis of mismanagement comes from shitty 'anonymous source' clickbait, and it is absurd in the face of the facts.
They do not suffer from mismanagement, Valve greatly enjoys it.

>we shouldn't complain that Valve doesn't make anything any more because they do make things
yes, exactly.
>even if the games are shit
I don't know that they are. I find MOBAs generally to be incomprehensible bullshit (what was wrong with RTS, again?), but am capable of recognizing that other peoples taste may differ from my own.

I personally don't see how CS:GO is anything but the next entry in the series. I've never liked CS very much in the first place, so I've never considered buying CS:GO, but it certainly doesn't look like shit. What's your problem with it?

>gabe is a microsoft billionaire
>leaves microshit to create valve cause he loves vidya
>makes 2 pretty good games
>starts absorbing people who mod has games and putting them to work
>creates steam
>stops giving a shit and just rakes in money effortlessly now
I'd not give a shit either

Characters in Dota 2 actually move their mouths while they talk. Not just the portrait, the actual model on the map.

Yes they will. Look at tv. All the current stuff is remade old stuff. This trend will continue with video games and so half life will get a new game.

Good, modern Valve would make it shit anyway.

>what was wrong with RTS, again?
You have to press buttons in order to play them. Everyone knws strategy is watching big armies clashing, not actual effort.

Honestly, i find RTS should have pay more attention to automation

>leaves Microsoft because he wants to make games
>ends up no longer making games but making an operating system instead

pottery