What's the #1 game you try to push onto people?

What's the #1 game you try to push onto people?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.hardcoregaming101.net/2011/02/pathologic-pc.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

usually something socially progressive like watch dogs 2 or uncharted 4
I try to broaden people's minds as well as their vidya tastes

>educating people

I just tell people to play Deus Ex or VtMB if they haven't already.

I don't need to push things onto other people because I'm not autistic.

firewatch

Bloodborne

you disgust me.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

If they're weeb like me, I try to get them into Ar tonelico 1 & 2

Battletoads

Was this a legit game with puzzles? It looked beautiful and the story seemed interesting.

>pushing your favourite things onto your "friends"
dont be that guy
well everyone on Sup Forums is that guy who am I kidding

This
obviously I'm biased but I don't know how some people haven't at least given them a go

Undertale :^)

>pushing a game that shit on someone
are you 17
did you also think it was "deep"

>Wow this thing is really neat
>better keep it to myself and not tell my friends

Don't be that fucking faggot "friend" that gets completely triggered when you tell him about this cool new game/show/movie that you saw you fucking spastic fuck.

Dark Souls

>What's the #1 game you try to push onto people?

ARMA/DayZ

I know this is a bait thread, but I actually had the chance to do this, with my fiance

the only games she has played was candy crush and some super mario clone. So, having a complete newbie at my hands, I started off easy with casual shit like TWAU, Portal and Minecraft - hillarious to see somebody who's never played in 3d getting accustomed to the controls, or how she wanted me to do the QTEs in TWAU because it happened too fast. A few games later, she took a liking to Viva Pinata, Terraria, Castle Crashers, Magicka, SM's Pirates and Heroes of Might and Magic.

Quite fun, but she's complete fucking trash in each and every one of the games so there is no point in playing versus, only co-op where I have to carry her, but I don't mind.

I don't anymore but back in 2006 when ALL muh buddies were getting a PS3 and pickings (especially online multiplayer for us to chill) were slim, i convinced everyone to get Tekken 5:Dark ressurection online.

Tgis might not sound like a big deal, but almost none of these 9 people played tekken (despite obviously having tried in the past) or fighters in general. But before i knew it, everyone was dumping a lot of hours into getting better and we would all meet online and in person to play it.

It went on for tears, but ended with 5, for some reason none of them continued with 6 or TTT2.

If any of you were around for T5:DRO's online community back between 06 and 09 you know how good it really was.

Demon's Souls was the big one. I was working at FUCKING GAMESTOP when it came out and anyone buying an rpg I suggested it to them.

I am the biggest most obnoxious Silent Hill 2 fan
>Met a girl at a sports bar the one time I was pressured into going to one
>Took her back to my place drunk out of her mind to watch me play through Brookhaven Hospital
>She fell asleep just before Laura locked me in the exam room
Consider yourselves lucky you'll never have to be the only Silent Hill fan in Atlanta

kindly go back to /reddit/

Dark Souls. I have a couple of friends who haven't played any of them even though not only is Dark Souls great, but it's the game right up their alley too. But they for some reason simply refuse to play it and have been for years. I have no clue what the fuck is wrong with them. They seperately refuse to explain why they wouldn't play too.

Back in the day where Frontlines: Fuel of War Multiplayer was still working I tried pushing this game onto everyone. I think I bought this game like 5 times only to give it to people, to prevent it from dieing out,

BrĂ¼tal Legend. Such an amazing game. And only $1.50 on Steam.

The Wonderful 101
Okami
Shovel Knight

Granted this was to one of my only friends. Sadly W101 never stuck. Almost happened one time when he wanted to give it a second chance while I would give advice and tips. He had fun, but we haven't touched it since.

No, I think it is you who should go back to (((Reddit))).

I've got a few:

Deus Ex
E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy
Syndicate Black Ops
Unreal

Nier

Just fucking play it you assholes it's a fucking masterpiece no I'm not going to tell you why you have to experience it for yourself just fucking play it no you're not done yet you have to finish new game + just fucking do it already fuck

Holy shit
She would've had a better time if you'd raped her

you first
the fucking irony

Pathologic and The Void

They're fucking incredible, forward thinking games with incredible writing and are probably the only games to actually fulfil the "games are art" meme journalists keep pushing. Back when RPS were good they were all over this game's dick and called it the best game you never played.

blog.hardcoregaming101.net/2011/02/pathologic-pc.html is a good read if you're interested

Rabi-Ribi

It was terrible, she must have asked me 5 times why the doors are all locked

Surprised this didn't bait more people.

I'm not

I have literally two friends, and neither of them plays video games.

>Battletoads
mah nig

It's not much more than a walking sim, but I enjoyed it. The writing and voice acting are great, even if the ending and revelation are something you'd expect from real life, not a video game

If it's any consellation I like your image and I'll pick it up off sale

it's getting old and tired
this may be the event horizon for poe's law, where regardless of whether you're serious or not nobody gives a shit

good to hear

if you like it, torrent The Void. It's made by the same devs, but you can't legally obtain it outside of Russia anymore so they won't miss any profits

Not that guy, but please be aware that Pathologic is an acquired taste. The combat is atrocious and the interface rather archaic, but it pays off to work through those shortcomings.

The Void is now back on Steam and it's $2 right now mate.

it's back on steam, m8

>gril was dtf
>user serenades her with boring ass SH2

why?

oh hey, good news

Same boat
>One friend doesn't like games but uses them as bait to make me go to his place where he watches me play because he's obsessed with Let's Plays
>The other is branching out into friendships with normies so the only games he can be bothered to play is casual stuff like Maple Story and LoL (Skyrim is now "hardcore nerd shit")

This is as bad as the "just eat the eggs" post. Jesus christ user.

I have the void already, it's on my backburner
I'm a horror fan so know that I'm patient.

Life is Strange to anyone who likes narrative-driven games

A LOT of gamers won't admit this, but whenever they get a recommendation, they figure that they would've played it already if it was actually good. Dark souls came out 5 years ago, telling a friend of mine to get into the series is like pulling teeth. Thank God for Bloodborne, because they would ALL jump on the boat at that point. "No it's not like dark souls it's different/better....."

Having someone else have to tell you a game is good instead of finding it/figuring it out yourself is a hit against your intelligence to them. This is a common cancer among "gamers". They sooner believed the millions of that games players were just objectively wrong, including you, their friend.

game?

No it's not, not at all.

His post is self aware. Eggs guy thought he was being smooth.

That game sucks mechanically and is essentially transparent from the very beginning. If you had a choice in anything the "why did you do this" message would be valid. As it is, it's absolute dreck.

Usually hidden gems like Vanquish.

I shill Brigador here occasionally.

A friend gifted me this, guess he's got the same mind set as you.

It's a long term investment, I don't just want to fuck her, I need a gf and it doesn't hurt for her to have good taste

embarrassing desu

>doesn't like games
>obsessed with Let's Plays
this is not the future I chose

constantly and it makes people annoyed

>tfw you can make it to the second pyramid head but you can't make it to second base

I absolutely hated the void

It's really, really fucking good. Play it ASAP.

When I play he tries to make me talk and joke through the whole thing and says stuff like "You know what me and my last friend did? MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000!"

please tell me you are autisic.

these ghouls look amazing, what mod?

Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2, Mother 3/ Earthbound and Paper Mario

You know, you can have a great GF who isnt into games right?

OP's bait was more convincing 2bh.

Battleborn, we need more players.

The scary maze game :3c

What am I gonna do with her, watch paint dry?

ARK because I used to trash it then learned out its really fucking great.

Alien Isolation cause its my favorite game.

Sex

that shit is dangerous
gambling with your life

I recommended dark souls to a 13 year old who was just getting into gaming. He has really bad social anxiety now and dresses in all black and has long hair and only plays dark souls. I tried getting him into some competitive fps games but he looked at me with the stare of a thousand dead aryans and said "I will breathe fire down your throat, mere mortal, before I try something so cliche and simpleminded" while his eyes were illuminated then he flipped upside down and barrel rolled backwards, farted in the air and lit it on fire then combat rolled out the door and down the hall way to the basement.

why?

came here just to post this, kudos to you user

Yakuza since sega does fuck all when it comes to advertising the games.

I think I've gotten a whopping total of 3 people into the games.

wrap up
or she can take birth control or ideally both
otherwise quit complaining if you're too afraid anyway

>mfw everyone got salty that they didn't get their epic vidya gaemz ending and got something more true to life instead

Lots of aimless walking around empty environments. It sort of struck me as "trying to be art way too hard" while not having substance.

Alien Isolation

Battlerite.

I just find it really fun and easy to pick up, the only downside to it right now is the lack of players.

Salt and Sanctuary because it was hyped a bit and all that, but when it was released nobody really gave a shit and it was quickly forgotten.

Also it's 2D Dark Souls.

Guilty gear.

Warframe

I can definitely appreciate it in hindsight. Even Delilah's decision is understandable.

you guys are worse then ff7 fan boys

Why would you do that, user

The Dishwasher > This crap

Zachtronics games. Because I'm sure almost everyone would enjoy them immensely, if they gave a them chance. And that enjoyment comes from learning, building, experimenting and pushing yourself, very few games offer that.

brb gifting TIS-100 to everyone on my friendlist

Russian roulette.

I got bored after 2 hours.

I loved Spacechem, but really got annoyed by TIS-100.
It's not a game, it's just pure programming.

Right now it's DOOM 2016.