YOU SEE NINTENDO

>YOU SEE NINTENDO

Legit question for Americans: why do you guys enjoy this fake shit?

>Pre-Mania season

You know he is coming back to steal a match there

I'm not even american but how is it different from any fiction?

You should ask Mexicans and Japanese, wrestling in America is actually dying

YOU'RE NOTHING BUT A B+ CONSOLE MANUFACTURER

The same way anyone enjoys fake shit like movies and political stuff for example.

I miss WCW.

this is what i was gonna say.
it's basically as close to an impromptu play as you can get, in fact i kind of admire what they're able to do.

average people can't do that shit, get in front of an arena full of people, not to mention the stunts, the charisma applied on loudspeakers, on national television.

if your ass got in the ring you'd sound like a squeaky voiced blithering little chicken shit with shit posture and your hands in your pockets.

the kids that watched wcw all wore jorts

>THE THING IS

I don't know what that means.

i bet you had skull and crossbone stickers on your jorts

>WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT

i feel like in WCW they went backstage and used weapons way more.
i thought WCW was way funnier than 90's WWF, WWF Raw tried to take its self pretty seriously unless Dude Love was coming out.

N-NANI

>WHAT'S GOOD FOR THE BUSINESS

The same reason people enjoy any form of fiction.

>AND LET ME TELL YOU

Because it's about beautiful millionaires being hammy and jumping from high places on each other.

ProWres is the closest thing to anime IRL.

>AND YOU ARE NOT

>I'M TRIPLE H LOOK HOW FUCKING BIG MY DICK IS, I HAVE THE BIGGEST FUCKING DICK IN WRESTLING LOOK HOW HUGE MY DICK IS EVERYONE LOOK YOU CAN'T LOOK IN ANY DIRECTION WITHOUT SEEING MY DICK

>singles out Americans

Eurosharia spotted

>QUITE FRANKLY

japanese wrestling features cute grills while america features males.

i liked entertainment wrestling as a kid, then just lost interest

Good question

one of these men is now the president of the united states of america

>AND THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS

I have an 8 year old daughter...

Comparing pro wrestling to a TV show doesn't feel right because pro wrestling operates under the assumption there is no fourth wall when there is. The wrestlers acknowledge there is an audience and interact with them, which isn't usually how fiction works.

I am the _____ that _____ the _____

shut up autist

The fourth wall would be kayfabe
Wrestlers never acknowledge their real life personas, or not often

Actually thanks to social media, WWE is all to ready to admit everything is just an act.

Which is retarded. Kayfabe exists but then it doesn't.

TV shows don't include all fiction. Just because certain fiction works certain way doesn't mean the rest should as well.

it's performance art of the lowest brow, or you can compare it to a judged sport like gymnastics or figure skating only in wrestling the judge isn't impartial he's Vince.

>Why do you americans do x
fuck off with this shit meme already.

Not mid-performance though. The audience is within the fourth wall. The fiction includes the fact the fiction is televised.

they're retarded and fat

>japanese wrestling features cute grills
No it features manly men fag.

Anime/manga about wrestling is not wrestling, dweeb.

Dear god. Seek sunlight you nerds

How about I chokeslam you through a table, huH?

I'M THE CASUAL IN THE INDUSTRY?

THEN LET'S TALK ABOUT CASUALS, OK? THE REASON WHY I MAKE GAMES THE WAY I DO IS BECAUSE I CAN DO IT DAY IN AND DAY OUT ALL THE TIME FOR 100+ YEARS

I HAVE NEVER, EVER, IN MY ENTIRE GAMING EXISTENCE, LEFT THE CONSOLE MARKET

I AM HERE EVERY FUCKING YEAR, AND YOU CALL ME THE CASUAL? LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THE CASUAL. LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT A CONSOLE WHO TELLS HIS CORE MARKET, THE PEOPLE THAT HE LOVES, THAT HE WILL RELEASE A MORE POWERFUL CONSOLE THAT'LL PLAY IN 60FPS AND 4K. HE PROMISES, NO FRAMERATE DROPS. BUT YOU DIDN'T, SONY, DID YOU?

Wrestling is actually on the decline in America.
Meanwhile it is very popular in Mexico, Japan and Canada.

begging you to lose your virginity

reminder to never browse /asp/ as it is infested with tripfags and quite possibly the most underage board on this site

You are going to support Battlereigns instead of OverAJ right?

We've made sure it has all the things that REAL gamers want.

>/asp/ memes
So very true. I love wrestling, and I'd never post on /asp/.

/asp/ is a good board. just not a good [italics]wrestling[/italics] board.

Hit the showers
Take a clue
Get a gym
Have sunlight
Seek sex

>ProWres is the closest thing to anime IRL.
this made me think

Who was the Janetty?

It's the worst board of Sup Forums, nothing comes close.

The madness that happens over there can only be understood after 30 minutes of browsing.

Only if you hide in the skating bunker

Lose weight.

>TV is fake
>movies are fake
>books are fake
>plays are fake
>music is fake
>poems are fake
>WRESTING IS FAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

>WHAT

I mean, you're free to believe that if you want to, but it's not true.

That's retarded. Take sitcoms for examples with their canned laughter, obviously they're working under the assumption that there is a real audience watching. Doesn't make sitcoms "real".

>wrestling
>fake

Take a bump

I tapped

Uh, Jean shorts I believe my good sir.

Who /miz/ here?

not the good wrestlers, like based bray

Iwata

Shiggy is HBK, Reggie is HHH

>being a basic bitch that watches new japan in 2016

I think you mean Husky Harris

>ProWres is the closest thing to anime IRL.

This.

NJPW has some characters that would fit right into an anime (And the current Tiger Mask W is proving this), and LU is literally a real-life Anime.

I love /asp/ but that's just because it's where I can go to let my inner shitposter out.

If I actually want to discuss wrestling I wait until the random wrestling thread pops up on Sup Forums and do it here.

It's a TV show about a wrestling company.

Is that hard to consider?

But they don't actually interact with the audience (Home Improvement doesn't count because the audience they show during Tool Time is just the in-studio audience for convenience, we're to assume those people are as fictional as Tim Taylor).

PENTAGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

Pro Wrestling is less anime in real life and more tokusatsu without any special effects

who are you quoting?

Asuka is cute. Cute!

>Proceeds to job to Dolph computer entertainment

Bruh, I just finished watching S1 of Lucha Underground. Holy shit, it's hype as fuck. You truly feel like anyone can win at any given time. The line between maineventer and midcarder is much more blurry compared to WWE.

the answer is this

It's fuckin theater, man. Plus these guys are pretty talented stuntmen in their own right-- it isn't hard to see why people enjoy watching it

Well, Tokusatsu is very similar to anime in style. So yeah.

Yeah that's what makes LU special, there's always like 10 guys you believe could win the belt at any minute

Also the lack of PPvs means they can put killer matches on regular TV.

Always been a big Miz fan and now that he's had such a fantastic year and everyone is starting to open their eyes to how great he is I can't wait for 2017.

A legitimate question:

Are you homosexuals for watching wrestling? I mean, you are watching half naked men rolling around with each other and getting all sweaty.

IN THIS BUSINESS

The roster is smaller but it's not filled with literal shit people who have nothing interesting about them, so it's different.

>UL1 starts
>that fucking match between Cage and Mack
Already got me more hyped than anything I've seen in WWE in recent years besides AJ's RR debut but then I cooled down because I knew he wouldn't win

The main reason why professional wrestling still has a negative stigma associated to it is because of kayfabe. People are still pretty butthurt that they pretended to be real for so long. They're starting to do away with it over the last few years, but that's the main reason. It's why every normie has to go out of their way to ask if you know it's fake.

>Legit question for Americans

It's pretty big in Mexico and Japan too m8

I'd love to see Miz get one last WWE Champion run. He's one of the last true heels left in the company.

>mfw I was one of the) /hoc/ anons who got sweaty mandrama booted from Sup Forums
>mfw a formerly decent niche board has been irrevocably destroyed as a direct result of Publixposting

>Not liking the most Kino promotion.

(Unfortunately I couldn't find the better version of this photo. So much storytelling in a single frame)

THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE AND THEY SPELL DISASTER FOR YOU AT THE SWITCH LAUNCH

Cage amazes me because I've never seen a dude his size with that many muscles while being so agile too.

>make your gimmick a truck
>not the truck driver, as there are too many redneck gimmicks, but the actual truck

Too bad he'll be dead before 40.

He's great. I haven't watched him before LU but the moment he appeared in the ring I became a fan instantly.

LU does a better job of making you like someone because of his gimmick/looks/attitude than WWE, too.

That's MMA. Barely anyone does ground and pound or submission in wrestling anymore.

Hey, if I'm homosexual for watching wrestling, then that must mean I'm also homosexual for watching the works of Billy Herrington, and there's NO WAY that's true.

But AJ's having the best heel champion run of the past decade. He never does chickenshit things or be a tool and always get MOTN on PPVs