20% of Steam users own 88% of the games. Think about that for a second. These are the whales of Steam. Are you a whale?

20% of Steam users own 88% of the games. Think about that for a second. These are the whales of Steam. Are you a whale?

No I'm a shark

Considering that most of steam accounts are made to be never used or have any game bought on them, that is to be expected.

/thread

PC gaming: just a dumping ground for unused accounts

How many accounts on PSN or XbonerLive do you think have no games?

Tying games to account wasn't the norm from the beginning on XBL or PSN like it was on Steam.

>to be in the 20% group you need to own 4 games or more

So 80% of accounts are just smurf or only got steam to play a game or two, not surprising considering a single person may make a few accounts just fuck around on dota

Well, I have 3 psn accounts, and 2 of them have no games. What now?

Games aren't tied to accounts even now if they're physical. Trophies tell you whether they have at least one game or not.

What reason do you have to have 3 psn accounts?

>to be in the 20% you need to own 4 games or more
...so steam has like 5 games total?

No, 1% own like 33% of all games so they help. They have over 100 games

Because Sony sells different stuff in each region you dumbfuck. Along with that, different deals and sales. Why would I not want to browse the EU and US store, or even the JP store?

I have a shitton of games from humble bundles I have never used. Usually I'm only interested in 2 or 3 titles so I end up with tons of useless garbage to clog up my backlog.
I spend way less than before anyway and also have less free time so the problem is only going to get bigger

It means that they own 88% of all games owned on steam total
Like if each copy of each game everyone owned was $1, they have 88% of the "wealth"
Its a pretty skewed statistic because most accounts own 1-2 games and aren't used anymore.
If that statistic only included active steam accounts, the numbers would be very different

So they sell different stuff...but you haven't bought any of that stuff. So why are you wasting your time looking at it?

Also if you were a dumbfuck like me you'd just go to the pstore website and enter your region as europe or japan temporarily to see what they're selling rather than making a whole account for it

I know a handful of people that make a new account per game they buy, as to never get locked out of all their games if an account gets banned.
That probably contributes.

So people taking a break from steem or who don't see anything they like recently don't count as accounts now? Their games don't count as games?

>Top 20% is owning 4 games or more
Wow

That must be awfully fucking inconvenient. They should just pirate if they're scared of that.

It's counting all of the accounts including bots and inactive ones.

Making an account took literally less than a minute and I just like having the account on the system so I can switch to it on a whim.

You act like making a fucking account is some kind of hard labor or has any relevancy at all. Every online service in the world has empty accounts like that.

Wow such games, many playing.

I think you made an account because you don't have the mental acuity to realize you can access data on the EU and Japan stores any other way.

There's really nothing weird about this when you consider that the vast majority of accounts are created to play TF2 or something and never used for anything else.

No, but the tons of accounts made in 2007 that only have the orange box and haven't been used since then shouldn't count, and the tons of TF2 bot accounts shouldn't count either

If that helps to validate your sad life, go for it champ.

FUCKING HATS.

I am the one percent.

>in the 1% in video game ownership
It's something at least

The sorrowful morass of Steam's failed HL2 scam to push Steam as a platform fOh wait

Oh man, I have no idea how that could happen.

You are the 0.1%

>He bought into the VR scam

Everything is becoming more and more irrelevant compared to mobile. Will our sons only play clash of clans

That 20% of steam accounts is larger than the amount of Xbox One sold in the world. Dumbass

No, that lists all games with VR support, not just exclusively VR games. Subnautica, Dota, Path to Thalamus and Descent Underground are the 4 listed there.

To be fair, the vast majority is from bundles.My account's about ten years old and I was very active during the golden age of bundles. Add in presents, and I would be shocked if I have spent much more than a thousand or two.

Mfw Valve's plan to kill PC gaming worked.
The worst part of it all is that HL2 is one of the worst FPSes on PC.

>Sup Forums
>Having kids
kek

>have 231 games
>tfw you are the 1%

I game exclusively on PC
fuck steam

I'm not saying they weren't successful in launching HL2/Orange Box, I'm just saying that not every single account made for it stuck.
Fuck, I have an account I made back in 2006 that I lost the credentials to, so I made my current account in 2008. That old account is sitting there with only Half Life 2 in its library, and it is contributing to this statistic. I'm sure plenty of other people have done the same thing

Im an orca.

>107 games is a whale

I guess then. I mean I'm really choosy and I still have 150 since steam seems to count stupid shit like DLC as games.

>How many accounts on PSN do you think have no games?
Plenty because you can abuse that to get free PSN+ trials.

>Only 107 games to be 1%
>Germany and France are the countries wich buy EA games the most
I knew it, fucking kraut and frog cucks.

A very fat shark.

>Over 107 games
I have almost 200 games and I haven't finished all of them except for like 7 games I bought recently and of course games that can't be beaten by design..

>11% of steam users own at least one paid Early Access game

man now I want an addition to those "how much is your steam account worth?" sites that tells you your percentile rating for games owned

>19.9% of Steam users are white
what did they mean by this?

It means the huehues and slavs make dozens of accounts to buy shit at garbage prices and resell on the gray market while the nignogs and pooinloos have to make dozens of accounts to circumvent their VAC bans while mighty whiteys only make one, legitimate account.

this is no surprise only a good goy would be shocked

In fact its actually cracks me up

So 20% of Steam's users own 88% of the games meaning... there are 20% of the total Steam playerbase that have 5280+ games??????

well meme'd friend.

It means the vast majority of accounts have no games at all or only have TF2, CS:GO or DOTA 2.

CS:GO
Oh shit, good point. I forgot about all the GO kiddies who just buy the game on another account when they get VAC banned.

>117 games
>played most of them for less then 10 hours
>5 games have over 100 hours
>2 games have over 500
>

I was primarily console until fairly recently, had a Steam account with just HL2, Portal, CS:S and Garry's Mod since 2007. Only made a Steam account because I saw all the funny Garry's Mod machina videos and wanted to join in.

Still confused here!

>1700 games

I guess, but it's mostly bundle fodder. I know I probably spent around 30% of what my library would go for in full prices.