Pretty good desu senpai.

E-sport

HOBBY GRADE

FPS

Always makes me smile.

FEMINISM

better than overwatch

What did he mean by this?

No really. What the fuck did he mean by this?

>"I don't like things that are popular because I'm an edgy hipster."

Memes

"I don't have a marketing department"

Okay. Not as good as Overwatch, TF2, or even Paladins but it's not the concentrated shit that Sup Forums makes it out to be.

Would've done much better with more advertising and a delayed release.

ded

>ctrl + f
>badass
>0 results

Come on guys. That was the only word Randy really wanted you to remember Battleborn as.

COOK WITH A GEORGE FOREMAN GRILL JUST TO DRINK OUT THE DRIP TRAY

Okay, not some abomination against nature that Sup Forums thinks but sure as shit not worth the $60 that they thought it was.

>hobby-grade
???
>meta-growth
???
>choice
???

10 years later and I still don't understand this shit....

NOBODY LIKES A BIGGOT

Only $9.99, desu.

complete and utter failure.

can somebody give me a run down why this tanked so hard again

Goty 2016

The glue that held gearbox together isn't working there anymore.

>yfw you're not Anthony Burch

memes got old

I honestly wish I could tell you. I was expecting it to get a couple thousand concurrent players based on the beta. I guess it just got memed out of existence.

Only good for Orendi and Phoebe.

that thing is disgusting

Game nobody asked for, marketed to a demographic that doesn't exist, all tied together with the usual Gearbox inability to write or design worth a shit.

Got it from the Humble Bundle. I honestly feel sorry for anyone that even paid half price for this game. Mechanically it is nothing special. Aesthetically it is horrendous.

The actual setting and characters concepts probably could have worked if it was played straight and they didn't go with the bad over-design for everything. But they just Gearboxed it right up.

Here is an example of some of the dialogue you can expect in game, though fair warning this will be painful;
youtube.com/watch?v=bozvLUp0f1o

Should've been a freemium game. They got greedy and wanted to entice consolefaggots at $60 + DLC.

Combine that with going head to head vs. a Blizzdrone army and Activision's marketing and they had no chance.

Lol tl;dr ya bitch

prolific

Direct competition with Overwatch, as part of the wave of "hero shooter" FPSes (even if it "played" differently, it's too similar in presentation).

Ignoring the Borderlands branding, their only currently recognisable success with an actual fanbase

Complete clusterfuck/lack of clarity of design (was it PvE? PvP? everything? nothing?)

writing reliant on Meme and "smug twat" humour (see Josh Whedon's Marvel)... something which died around the time of Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Ugly art choices... guess they couldn't find another artist to steal off this time

Same reason Trump got elected. You can foist progressive shit on the masses and they'll ignore it until it starts taking the front seat and making basic operation a secondary concern. That, and gearbox has always been shit and has never tried to compete directly with any other dev, and decided to jump right in and compete with bliz. Big mistake.

>People paid money for a Battleborne season pass

> Gearbox is legally obligated to update their game for this sub-atomic minority

>Mechanically it is nothing special. Aesthetically it is horrendous
Pretty much this. Its overblown a touch All those 'horrified' replies to the obvious domination quote every single time but they just couldn't decide on a single style so they mashed em all together instead.

>Horrible marketing which made to effort do differentiate itself from overwatch
>60$ compared to overwatch which was 40$ on PC
>Despite paying for the game you still have to unlock characters
>Gearbox "Writing" everyone got sick of after BL: Pre-sequel
>That mess of a HUD

I can write a whole novel on what made the game bomb. But the biggest offender was just shit marketing. So many people compared it to overwatch and gearbox made no effort to show people that was not the case.

>Jim Sterling and Total Biscuit said it was a great game, much better than Overwatch
>even two of the biggest e-celebs meme-shits couldn't save your product

Game is shit and it's overpriced for the no existent enjoyable content it has. And the only reason anyone remembers it, is for how awful it is if you compare it to Overwatch or TF,

DEAD

The cause of salty fanbois making daily anti-overwatch threads on Sup Forums because they cant handle being wrong. Also it's over designed gearbox shit with cringy characters.

Marketing didn't exist, came out right next to one of the biggest releases of the year, and Gearbox doesn't exactly have a sterling reputation.

If Overwatch if Finding Nemo, Battleborn is A Shark's Tale.

a rotting turd on the side of the road

>directly tweet against Overwatch
>when it becomes clear you've fucked up, start saying how different you are
whoops

I don't recall TB saying it was better than Overwatch, simply different such that it shouldn't be compared to Overwatch. Then Gearbox made the mistake of comparing themselves to Overwatch since they're fucking stupid and think that the fucking Borderlands community can stand up against Blizzshills.

>So many people compared it to overwatch
IIRC Gearbox started the OW/BB thing on twitter, then they memed their own game to dead

Why would they risk money by competing with Overwatch when they could just make Borderlands 3 and have guaranteed sales?

There is only one video on YouTube, but through what I can only assume was contractual obligation Batteborn did actually get a Japanese translation though only subbed.

what the other guy said. they did not just neglect to point out the differences, they fully played along with the "direct OW competitors" until they got fucked hard and needed to damage control

Badass.

To be fair the game is such a clusterfuck of stimuli that you don't even notice dialog half the time.

>the glue
More like the fungus that shits out memes.

Battleborn threads have replaced early TOR and Heavy Rain threads as my favorite threads that Sup Forums has churned out

I think hobby-grade means that that game alone is enough to be a hobby. Instead of being part of a hobby gaming.
meta-growth
my guess would be that the meta of the game would grow
>choice
you have loads of choices of heroes

this is just one of many cases where the "There's no such thing as bad publicity" meme backfired, just like with the Xbone release.

Hobby-grade: suitable for "hardcore" gamers, might overwhelm "cauals"

Meta-growth: an expanding and changing meta-game

Choice: you can and should choose another game to play instead

Not when it is the ear fucking that is Orendi. Every line was fresh pain.

I'd compare it to having a lumbar puncture done.

Feminism is awesome!!

>make a game you gamble everything on
>not just making the game which you pour loads of resources in, but you also print a shitload of TCG cards (the guy who got a whole box of em from gamestop for free didnt even have every single one there is) miniatures and comics.
>have an artstyle which is fucked
>have voice acting which is shit
>release under the shadow of overwatch
>game is slow due damage/health balance being fucked
>many modes instead of one

you take that back nerd

I think this game had potential to be a decent Overwatch competitor if literally any other studio made it.

Not Anthony Burch.

No way is that official merch

Rightfully ignored.

>Battleborn is:
the final nail in the coffin of randy pitchford's career, hopefully

They are official figures for the collectors edition or something

Because they're fucking stupid. That is the basic premise behind all of this - Gearbox is fucking stupid. They have good ideas like Borderlands 1 and then they shit all over it with bad decision-making and cringy meme humor.

A big fat mistake

vicariously embarrassing for me; people wasted their lives on such a bomb.

E-sports games make more money and last longer, thats why.

They made a Borderlands moba without realizing that Bordermemes fans don't want to play an assfaggots and mobatards don't want to play a Gearbox game. Releasing the same week as Overwatch didn't help either

>Battle-born
>popular

dead

The only choice you need to make in Battleborn is choosing not to buy it.

Lmao what the fuck are you talking about retard

You just compared a game tanking to a dude getting elected president

Seriously what the fuck is this
I've seen screens of the game where there is slightly less going on so I'm guessing that image is somewhat cherry picked

Doesn't change that I'm pretty sure this game would cause seizures to even the healthiest people

It was cherry picked but the game doesn't looks good either, go watch a gameplay if you don't believe me.

If Bulletstorm flops can we hope Gearbox starts being in financial trouble? I mean how many failures did they have so far? How come they're still in business?

No, they'll always have Borderlands to fall back on.

You say that, but I dont know anybody who's played the presequel, and tons of people who are just now picking up Borderlands 2.

>say to people who you dont like that they shouldnt buy yout game
>people dont buy your game
Oh gee I wonder what went wrong.

What they blew all of the Borderlands money on.

Obligatory contrarians. The game is fucking awful to play.

youtu.be/z75LQCkInoY?t=3m53s

Reminder

youtube.com/watch?v=FElmjlzdSSM

Whats wrong with that?

No, the game was about $15 worth of fun to play if it had a community for any sort of duration and didn't force a stupid grind on you for new heroes.
But it wasn't, didn't, and did so it wasn't worth the cash.

>that kid
Holy shit he looks fucking miserable.

Stop

Its pretty fun sometimes when you can see wtf is going on