ITT

Your earliest "Nope" in a game

>pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9Yw5jkAHgME
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Playing PT, the part where there is a huge figure out of nowhere in the middle of the hallway. Fuck that game.

this fucking hallway

Anything in tomb raider 1.

This game, and this fucking part. Can't remember if time running out triggered the music or you could drown in this stage, but at the moment I heard that one song I nope'd the fuck out of my room and didn't play the game again for a while.

This is an 18+ board

Dog through the window.
I was already creeped out by RE but that moment made me shriek as a kid. I am not a manly man.

FUCK THAT HALLWAY

This was my first moment as well, don't think I played a 'scary' game until the first RE.

I thought Gruntilda from Banjo Kazooie was terrifying

this whole thread is money, but Tomb Raider 1 was a low key horror game 100% of the time.

something about the lighting in that game felt both otherworldly yet firmly grounded in the reality of ancient worlds finally uncovered.

I miss that. I also played TR on an old ass TV that had Gamma issues, but I didn't know it until years later, so that TRex battle was scary as shit.

This thread

That first water part in Outlast fucked with me. Hearing the steps but not being able to see where the guy was too much. Only went back to finish the game a few months later.

I was kinda dissapointed it wasn't actually a giant head

Right? The first TR felt so isolating and dangerous, probably because you were trapped in these cramped ancient death machines and could be impaled on your pointy tits and die at any moment.

This shit tramatized me. Didn't help that I nearly drown around the time I first played this.
youtube.com/watch?v=9Yw5jkAHgME

Eternal Darkness was the first game I remember having actual nightmares about. I was in the Trapper dimension and zombies and Pious were coming to get me.

Apparently I was 11 when I played it. I really didn't think it was that long ago. Damn.

anyone remember the skinless Lara tpyou had to fight in TR 1. Or the final boss....for sure 1 and 2 had so many nope moments it's hard to count...dont remember if the rest did.

>Encountering this for the 1st time
Insta nope

Nemesis music playing while exiting the diner is an honorable mention.

Not going to post a pickture, but the fucking controller in STALKER. You know the one.

I nearly pissed myself when I first played OOT and was on the way to the forest temple and stumbled upon the moblins. You turn a corner and there he is.

Nope nope nope

The first time you see pyramid head in silent hill 2, and he's just standing behind the metal fence.

Watching you.

Really didn't find this scene all that scary or creepy.

Regenerators creep me out though.

OP's pic and this.

I've never been so scared in my entire life.

>everybody always talking about how scary the regenerator was
>nobody mentions this fucker who was a regenerator plus no eyes ans fucking spikes
Iron maiden was the shit, still one of my favorite vidya enemies

this is the first thing that comes to mind

I hate being in open water and then something attacking you.

Fucking THIS.

I still remember as a kid when I watched my dad play this

Only time I have enjoyed watching other people play games was watching my dad play games like resident evil and silent hill

I want those times back

>sees you and starts moving faster

Fuckin asshole

this game didn't so much scare me as put me 110% on edge

>raptors opening doors
jfc

>this sequence
oh god what

Jolly Roger Bay in Banjo Kazooie had that shark that would zero in on you if you spent a couple of seconds in the water. Jaws-esque music would play as well.

>run past first dinosaur
>it hops the fence

Dropped it after that. Could only watch someone else play.

You didn't know what the hell a regenerator was beforehand so it was unexpected. Iron maiden was just a regenerator variant.

>Playing it with my cousins for the first time
>Welp nothing here, nothing there, let's go back TOHMYGOAHHHHRUNWHYDONTYOURUNAAAAGGHHHFUCKYOUAAHHGHGHAGH
Youngest cousin just plain ran up to the console and turned it off

The very first time you see a twitcher speed past the door you open in dead space 1

literally stopped playing the game and never beat it.

It was actually treasure trove cove.
The music gave it away. If it just showed up with out the music it'd be scarier.

didn't that game have an enemy that if they killed you, instead of making you restart the level, they'd capture your character and carry them back like 3 stages?

>You're the last... to die!

I had played scarier games before but something about them just freaked me out.

because of that I didn't really play anything scary as a kid.

The first real "nope" feeling I remember was the prison area in Amnesia where I was fleeing from one monster and the other one came towards me in a thight corridor

That was the only time I had really been spooked when I was playing the game by myself

To this day i still hate those fucking dogs.
My boyfriend literally dropped the controller the other day when he got into that hallway. He laughed at how square everything was and shreked like a girl.

I was dissapointed and relieved when i discovered they were shit in 4.

That one satanistic cult in Max Payne, hell Max Payne altogether scared me when i was a kid

hello

>Doom 3 bathrooms
They creepiest parts because they used everything BUT jump scares in the bathrooms
And only the bathrooms , god knows why
>zombies hiding in stalls and don't come out till your not looking
>next bathroom
>expecting zombies in the stalls
>get my shotgun ready
>pinkies hiding in the stalls instead
>lights never stayed on
>looking in the mirror made the player character look likes aging into dust like the last crusade
Shitty doom game, great shooter

I haven't played Timeplitters in ages but I remember the zombie levels being really atmospheric. There was the cathedral level in TS2 where you played as Viola against zombie cultists.

>mfw he can phase through obstacles in spectral realm which was your go-to safety net if shit got real in material realm

>I still remember as a kid when I watched my dad play this
Watching someone you're related to play vidya when you was younger is a special kind of feel. For me it was watching my brother play ace combat on the ps.

nope doesn't work for 2d or isometric games. Has to be 3D.

FUCK OUTTA WAY

the first time i ran in to a warewolf.

All of it

You mean zero?

Don't even remember Zero, and i replay every game every year.

What does age have to Do with anything. Maybe he just doesn't play horror games

fuck this place

the whole marine campaign in avp1 was my first major nope

Everything about this game disturbed me.

*BDM* *BDM* *BDM*

Literally NOPE'd so hard I paused the game a second into the intro and waited for my dad to finish work and play it for me

Also anyone posting PS2/Xbox gen games should be underage b&

Everything in this game was fucking creepy, but my younger self knew at that moment that the game would gross the hell ouf of him

Those fast fuckers in dead space 1
>pretty large room
>low on health
>see a single monster across the room and move to shoot
>he clears the room in one second and cuts me in half before I can fully process what the fuck just happend

>bump bump

spiders don't scare me usually, but these fuckers in RE2 specifically make my skin crawl

wow, only one suspect to bag ? this is gonna be pretty easy

this

Love that game. I really want to own a cabinet of it.

UNDERRATED
not to mention the little clown dolls fuck

This whole fucking game, until he gets tentacles.

THORG HUNGRY
THORG WANT EAT

I haven't seen that episode in at least 18 years. How do I remember that?

Kids these days

The Flood scared the shit out of a young user. Went from Crash and Spyro to this..

when i was playing i only got scared for a few minutes until i realized you could just blow their legs and head and they would be unable to attack, Iron Maiden's first appearance was in a very closed space and i couldn't just avoid it, plus no eyes man

STAAAAARS

First time this fucker showed up

I know that feel OP. I remember watching my dad play MGS. Then once MGS2 came out he watched me

same series?

Are you me user? I remember always watching my dad play Silent Hill and RE 1-3. So many times getting bored waiting for him to get home and I would try RE 2 by myself and get my shit wrecked in before making it to Kendos.

fuck that piano man

Notre Dame was my favorite. I loved the finale with the rain and the rooftops and the bells.

was scary as shit

Chronicles. The part with "young lara" where she gets chased by some ghost-thing.
personally I think they're a lot worse/creepier in 2&3

Last Half of Darkness, old DOS shareware game.

The entirety of the haunted mansion in Mario 64.

And even nowadays I can still apretiate how atmospheric and spooky it is.

Uhh yes? Clock Tower for PS1. First CT in the US but second one in Japan

What the fuck was her problem ?

Anyone else played this?

That part fucking had me on the edge of my seat

>2&3
Never played 3 , I don't remember them in 2 , though it was awhile ago

The bees from Donkey Kong Country.
Alternatively, anything relating to Headcrabs

Jesus fucking Christ, that mission.