Why do people like asymmetrical joysticks again?

Why do people like asymmetrical joysticks again?

The most useful parts are the left stick and the buttons on the right. Makes sense for the less used stuff to be in the worse location, under the more used stuff.

>The most useful parts are the left stick and the buttons on the right
In which game?

Any game you'd ever want to play on a controller.

they dont, theyre just fanboys. the playstation symmetry makes objective sense considering how 2d and 3d games use them.

>wanting to bend your thumbs down instead of a natural resting position

>>>/neogaf/

theres the disagreeing post you were fishing for, go nuts fuccboi

15 YEARS

that's how long you people have been pushing this and still no one cares.

who cares. this the ketchup on hot dogs of video games.

what kind of sick fuck puts ketchup on a hot dog?

People not from Chicago. And even then, some people from Chicago.

name 609 games that do this

>Any game you'd ever want to play on a controller.
You mean multiplats designed for the Xboner controller?
Most games I play, I use both sticks and the shoulder triggers.
Or dpad and face buttons (2D platformers).

I agree, now that many games use sticks and shoulder buttons, the face buttons are not as important.

Reminder that dualshucks are defending a literal afterthought

Because most games that aren't FPSes use the face buttons more than the second stick.

>first controller with dual analog
>afterthought

Having used both I can honestly say that it doesn't really fucking matter which you use.

>some people from Chicago.
As a Chicagoan I have to let you know, those are suburbanites, and not actual Chicagoans.

In a game where you move with the dpad, you'll never have to use the left stick.
In a game where you move with the left stick, you might need to use the dpad.
Because of this, it makes sense to have the analog stick in the primary position, because it allows you to touch the dpad with the opposite thumb.

Subhumans need controllers and enjoy videogames too.

PS2 controller is better than the original Xbox controller.

The Duke is ok for the large physical labor nig nog class. For everyone else the thing was unusable

Are you saying there are platformers that use shoulder buttons for jump, or some crazy shit?Thats fucking disgusting.

Yes, an afterthought. Sony looked at the N64 and went "FUCK NINTENDO SOLVED 3D MOVEMENT WAY BETTER THAN US HOW DO WE FIX OUR CONTROLLER" and they point to the only empty space on it and said "stick some shit here"

Only the WUPC does the symmetrical joysticks right for me.

Why is symmetry a good thing, retard?

Its like they only tested the controller for football and basketball players with giant gorilla hands

Any three-dimensional game worth half its salt has manual camera controls nowadays.

People will spend most of their time with both their thumbs on the analog sticks.

>muh fighting games
no

This setup is shit because the bottom buttons (which are the most frequently used 99% of the time) are further away now.

So your hands, and fingers are situated evenly.

i've used the Playstation desgin since I was like 7

it's programmed into my brain

using the wierd xbox design with one stick on the top on the bottom is fucking wierd

Works fine for me and my thumbs are at a resting position unlike the dualshock's cramp inducing sticks placement.

Symmetrical hand position sometimes needs nonsymmetrical control layout

In all older games when fixed cameras with the norm the second control stick was really if ever used. So it made more sense to keep the right thumb on the button faces.

Because 90% of the time your left thumb will be on the thimbstick, HOWEVER, your right thumb will alternate between buttons and stick simultaneously.

If you were smart, you would have thought about this before making the topic.

>it's a bait thread anyways

Is there any way to use a XB1 controller on a PS4? Only thing stopping me from playing my PS4 is the shitty controllers.

Its so odd seeing posts without a picture

Why do you keep posting this mock-up of a controller that never existed

>Why do people like asymmetrical joysticks again?
Left stick is movement, it makes sense to put it in a spot where it is easier to push forwadd

?

You're almost always using the thumbstick, it should be at the default position. The dualshock's design is deprecated.

>muh controller

keyboard and mouse master race

Stop it, faggot.

The real reason why PC is master race is because you have choice.

KB/M is perfect for shooters and RTS.

If you want to play something like Dark Souls, KB/M is shit, but you can easily grab your nearby PS4/Xbone/Steam controller and enjoy the game with whatever works the best for that game.

Symmetrical makes more sense for games where you're messing with camera a lot.

Asymmetrical makes more sense for games where camera isn't used as often as face buttons like action games with lock on.

I had to buy an adapter to use a Xbone controller on ps4 because the new ds controller kept making my fingers fall asleep.
I even went to the doctor to see what the fuck was wrong with my hands and he couldn't find anything wrong with me.
i still do check ups just in case there's something wrong with me but I think it's just the design of the controller that's fucking with my hands.

That's because it follows the original PS one dual shock design and Sony niggas can't cope with anything different.

They're is too risky adverse to dramatically change anything. Remember the backlash over the 'boomerang'?

That's backwards, though.

The analog stick placement on Xbox controllers is better for shooters, even though it's a really slight difference. Those who are sensitive enough to notice the difference though, or with hands big enough, tended to prefer the Xbox design.

Here's why this is (it's simple):

Because the left stick is at the top left edge of the controller's design, your left thumb does not extend as much in order to reach it; it comfortably lays on that side of the controller and you are able to move it in any direction faster with less muscle tension in your hand. This is ideal for movement, which the left stick is always designated for.

Because the right stick is at the bottom center edge of the controller's design, the muscle in your right hand needs to stretch a little so that your thumb can rest on it comfortably. This makes smaller, more precise movements of this stick easier, which is ideal for things like aiming, which the right stick is always designated for.

That's it. That's all it is. And you only get this benefit if your hands are the right size. But if they are, you'll pretty much find it undeniable that the Xbox controller is better for shooters.

>Why do people like asymmetrical joysticks again?
For the same reason some people like Dualshock controllers: it's what they grew up with, it's what they're used to, so they just assume that it is the best/most natural controller to use.

Of course, having the analog stick all the way in the middle of the controller is just as stupid, but all the Sonykids don't know any better either.