DS4 controllers on PC

Hey there Sup Forums, I wonder if there is a way to get the DS4 fully function on the PC? I said "fully" because I know that there are programs that let me mask the inputs into Xinput like the DS4Windows, but I don't know if the 3.5mm audio jack and the trackpad works.

Currently I'm using a Dualshock 3 with the BetterDS3 tool, but my controller has since been busted. I'm thinking of getting another controller, and only a PS controller will work for me since I grew up with it. The trackpad and 3.5mm audio jack can be a deciding factor for whether I choose a DS4 over a DS3 (again). A pair of headphones plugged into the jack while I'm playing on bed would mean maximum comfy.

I don't have a PS4.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamer.com/ds4windows-now-supports-sonys-official-bluetooth-adapter/
digitaltrends.com/gaming/new-style-ps4-dualshock-4-controller-now-on-sale/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I use DS4windows, can confirm that the audio jack and the trackpad both work fine

Trackpad can function as a mouse even, the driver lets you pick just about anything to map it to

Seriously i cant get over how customizable it is

between ds4windows and the new steam ds4 stuff you can get everything working.

>I use DS4windows, can confirm that the audio jack and the trackpad both work fine
Trackpad can function as a mouse even, the driver lets you pick just about anything to map it to

Even through bluetooth, user? I forgot to add that point in OP.

yes.

Aight thanks user, really grateful, much love.

Sony makes official adapters for them now

this is so dumb.

You're a fucking idiot

>bluetooth dongle with sony brand
>probably only works with the controller

>22 dollars for a bluetooth dongle

Do these work with PC games tho? The description says "PlayStation Now for Windows". Not that I'm buying that, 22 US Dollars would equal a fuckton to my currency.

I've actually read this articlepcgamer.com/ds4windows-now-supports-sonys-official-bluetooth-adapter/ before posting; but I don't really understand it; English isn't my 1st language, which is why I'm asking Sup Forums for more closure.

all the dongle does is make tying the controller to your pc easier. connecting via usb does literally the same thing.

It's probably just a bluetooth dongle that only interacts with the DS4, it would work with DS4 windows probably. But so does any bluetooth dongle.

you can buy a variety of cheaper dongles that work fine. you can also just use literally any micro usb cable. there is no reason whatsoever to buy the official sony(tm) one.

just get a 360 controller designed for windows make sure it a cord one and just need to plug into pc and you are golden

$30 bucks mate

ps4 pad has more buttons and gestures you can map to a variety of pc tasks.

You are fucking retarded

>connecting via usb

>But so does any bluetooth dongle

>you can buy a variety of cheaper dongles that work fine. you can also just use literally any micro usb cable. there is no reason whatsoever to buy the official sony(tm) one.

That settles it, thanks anons.

I love how the 360 controller has the perfectly rounded handles on the bottom, really comfy, but I just can't get around the 360 face buttons; being convex, they hurt my thumb after a long day. I also have a bunch of other complaints about it desu like the shoulder buttons and the D-pad, though not necessarily a bad controller.

Thanks for the suggestion but I think I'll pass on the 360.

How do I use the headphone jack with my PC? What can I do with it?

If I'm not retarded I wouldn't be on Sup Forums.

Steam recognises the DS4 now, so you can go into big picture and configure it and it will just work like a 360 pad.

Headphone jack doesn't work for me for PC but it does for PS4. Not that I'd need it but just throwing that out there.

Plug in a pair of headphones so you can use them without having them plugged into your PC, maybe while playing on the couch.

Xbone controller > Ps4 controller

I think OP has Manlet hands

PS4 is far better for PC.

>gyro used as mouse
>gyro used as 4 customizable bindings
>touchpad used as mouse
>touchpad used as 4 customizable swipe bindings
>touchpad has 3 buttons too

How does the audio jack work with DS4windows? Certainly no option for me over bluetooth.

Asian, thanks for asking.

I can currently get the Xbone controller + USB cable used for $37 straight and just needs to plug it into my PC to play. However, I have small chink hands and like the DS4 better. So if you use a DS4 controller you have to connect to your PC via Bluetooth? There's no wired option? If it can be connected via USB csble instead I'd get it instead, despite having more setup to do.

Learn to google fucking braindead retard, ds4 works just fine with cable

It's literally a fucking branded bluetooth dongle you pathetic goyim

the xbone controller feels smaller to me than the ds4.

XBOTS - KILL YOURSELVES NOW!!!

The DS4 controller is more expensive though, and I will have to get the appropriate USB cable as well.

DS4 is wider but Xbone is taller I believe. The DS4 controller fit better in my hands but I prefer ABXY over shapes and the analog stick placements are better on the Xbone controller. Also I can get it for cheaper with less hassle.

I'm this guy retard

Woah calm down user, I'm just trying to find out if it's possible to pair a DS4 with my PC.

>appropriate USB cable as well.

Woah what? I thought the DS4 uses your regular run-of-the-mill USB port like what a smartphone uses?

>The DS4 controller fit better in my hands but I prefer ABXY over shapes
When you're using the xinput wrapper or DS4Windows you're emulating Xbox controller input, so you'll get Xbox button prompts.

>Woah calm down user, I'm just trying to find out if it's possible to pair a DS4 with my PC.
Yes, with practically any bluetooth adapter as well. There is no audio output support as far am I am aware but the touch pad and gyro can be fully customized with DS4Windows

This. If you've been playing games your whole life, you don't remember the button icons, you remember their position.

>I use DS4windows, can confirm that the audio jack and the trackpad both work fine

>There is no audio output support as far am I am aware

??????????

Which is why I asked him as well, because I've been using DS4Windows for the past year and keeping it up to date and I still see no option for audio output.

You can use the USB cable for PS4 controller to connect it to PC and be able to play with it, only problem is that the one that Sony gives you is real fucking short, even my phone has one three times the length.
Now that I think about, I barely even use it anymore since most of the time I'm just using my PS1 dualshock controller through an adapter instead. I guess I just like the old dualshock shape better, and the shoulder buttons on the PS4 controller don't feel as good in my opinion.

When I connect it via wire it works, but via bluetooth I get a flashing red light.

You are SO retarded, you know that?

Not him, but I am.

What am I doing wrong.

Come on then user, show us were the audio output is instead of name calling.

So what are the pros and cons of using the DS4 vs the Xbone controller for PC gaming? Assuming I will mostly be playing 2D games.

A better dpad

Show us user, where is it?

see for ps4 pros

the pros of the xbone controller are that it doesn't require ds4windows to play most games and it's arguably better overall. the start/select and triggers of the ds4 just suck, the analogs aren't very good either.

There no pros or cons, only complete and utter preferences.
If you like the DS4, use it
If you like the Xbone controller, use it
If you like the Saturn 3D Controller, use it
But if you're like me, you're just gonna stick with the wii classic controller because that's what's been good for the past seven years.

inputmapper has the touchpad work at least, havent tried the headphone jack

It's ultimately up to preferences. DS4 might feel shit to some user but good to someone else. Try going to a store and ask if you can try them out.

>There no pros or cons, only complete and utter preference
See this dude gets it

>wii classic controller
Okay maybe he doesn't

That dongle is currently the only way to get the headphone jack to work btw.

Don't ask me why, it's some proprietary signal bullshit or something that needs to be reverse engineered.

He just need to post this instead

fug

Not him, but the classic controller is pretty good for any game that doesn't use click stick buttons.

How about the shoulder buttons? And how much better is the DS4's D-pad?

I don't really care about using it to control my PC, just for games. So the Xbone controller has better compatibility and it's more convenient overall?

I went to my local Gamestop and tried them out. My impression is that the DS4 has better D-pad and feel in the hand. The Xbone controller has better analog stick placements and better button scheme (ABXY) but I know that's customizable.

It feels cheap in the hand and both analog sticks being above the buttons is weird for me.

Try both, the shoulder buttons on the Xbone don't agree with me (and are a significant downgrade to the x360) especially games heavy on them like Crash Team Racing, if you're emulating I'd recommend DS4 over Xbone, Xbone if you're playing current triple a games and want something that 'just werks'.

But according to this thread ds4 got steam support so now it 'just werks' as well.

>It feels cheap in the hand
How? It can take a beating, and the battery lasts for ages. It has also got a very good d-pad and triggers.
I can understand the stick placement tho

>I went to my local Gamestop and tried them out. My impression is that the DS4 has better D-pad and feel in the hand. The Xbone controller has better analog stick placements and better button scheme (ABXY) but I know that's customizable.

I've never tried the XBone controller but if it's anything like the 360 controller, I like the analog sticks (not the placement), they feel smooth and has just the right amount of travel for me. Also, a lot of people doesn't seem to notice that the face buttons of the 360 controller are convex, making your thumbs hurt during long gaming sessions.

Works fine if you're wired

I'm not emulating but I'm not playing triple A titles either. I'm mainly playing some indie/non-triple A platforming/combat/adventure stuff. And I don't use Steam.

It's also more expensive that the other two from what I can find and the feel in the hand is worse too. I hate glossy plastic a lot.

>The face buttons are convex
I also didn't notice that....

Steam just added support for ds4 and it works for most games now.

How do I access it? Isn't it still in beta? I can only find articles about the announcement during Steam Dev Days from last year.

>paying less than $20 for bluetooth dongle
it's like you want to have problems with range and compatibility

>DS4

It's PS4 you fucking mongoid

Oh my god please user

Please let this be bait

This has a high probability of being bait but

PS4 = PlayStation 4
DS4 = DualShock 4

Here's your (you).

I know that, user. I'm just asking if the trackpad and the 3.5mm headphone jack works as well.

afaik audio jack is normal bluetooth a2dp device, but don't take my word and do your proper research. it can be recognized as normal audio sink service in bluetooth device settings.

touchpad works flawlessly with ds4windows out of the box, mapped as mouse

Latest DS4 controllers (one that come with Slim and Pro) have support for audio on PC.

If I were to buy them separately in their boxes, which ones should I look for?

Do you mean the ones that have the lightbar on the trackpad?

Yeah, those. Fairly sure they're not sold separately yet, sadly. I bought a new controller two weeks ago and it wasn't the new version.

Shit. Well, I'll keep a lookout.

What about this (pic related)? If this is true, we should be able to stream the audio to the controller as an A2DP device like said.

digitaltrends.com/gaming/new-style-ps4-dualshock-4-controller-now-on-sale/

Haven't tried that myself. Always connected to PC through a wired connection, but with the new controllers they're also detected as an audio device that you can output to in Windows.

Nice. Will look into it.