Clueless Game Series In Development

>We're going into production next month on a new series, Clueless Gamer, based on the viral video he's done where he essentially makes fun of video games, gets celebrities to play and makes commentary on them. We've gotten to the point where video game companies are sending us their new product for us to play and make fun of because it's been such a huge success. We're going to go into production on a series of that.

hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/conan-obrien-remain-nightly-tbs-boss-kevin-reilly-says-961128

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lL0WayC7jW0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Next month
>We could see Conan cover Nintendo Switch

Cool! More talk-show bullshit I can also not watch!

Also, kill yourself tripfag.

I thought he killed ff15 why would companies send him more games

Is he the next Shinya Arino?

Post yfw Conan saved ff15 from flopping

Because if they send him good games that he likes, it'll reinforce them as great games.

Why do retards like you even exist?

It's good publicity, people watch it, laugh at the fact he is "too retarded" to understand it, and then maybe buy it if it piqued their interest

i hope he plays Nier Automata

Say it with me boys

NORM

ON

CLUELESS GAMER

>Nier Automata
Sounds like some fuckin' commie gobbledy-gook

If he plays so many games from clueless gamer wont he learn something and not be so clueless no mo?

Nintendo already made Jimmy Fallon play it though.

>We've gotten to the point where video game companies are sending us their new product for us to play and make fun of because it's been such a huge success.

Who and what games are these? Because there is nothing in 2017.

Conan's segment didn't hurt FF15's sales in the slightest. If anything it probably helped it.

>Nintendo already made Jimmy Fallon play it though
Yeah but no one gives a shit about Jimmy Fallon.

I wanna see Conan play Nioh.

report and hide thread

>doesn't have actually have conan
What's the point?

Nintendo didn't want Conan to shit on it after FF15.

I know people who didnt buy it because of the video

he'll go for an upskirt and say WHOOOOAAAA when you can actually see the butt

Yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=lL0WayC7jW0

I know people who bought 10 copies because of it.

Because it's all an act and yet nu-Sup Forums watches every single time.

The celebrity worship stupid dormnorms have is annoying and floods this board with unneeded garbage.

Conan and Arino coop fucking when.

I try to watch and laugh at these. But he strives so hard to be a casual and have no idea what a video game even is to his casual audience that it makes me cringe

When's his inevitable RE7 video going up?

The worst thing is that we never got an answer.
I'm actually curious.

ALL THE STARS ARE HERE

wtf? what's wrong with helena's tits?

This is magical. I think this show is fantastic, it's like my grandma playing vidya.
>why would i Save if i'm not saving anybody!

I feel actually sorry for sperglords whose ass gets so easily broken that can't enjoy it. I mean, i liked both FFXV AND his episode about it. It's not even logical criticism, why would it bother you? Seriously, these are like "millennial gamers", shitting their pants over nothing. Because that's what it is, there's nothing serious about it, why take it seriously then? I'd take my favourite game and let him play it anytime and i would laugh at his silly comments.

Its not going to work without Conan, and without Conan they probably can't get as many guest celebrities.

>Conan's segment didn't hurt FF15's sales in the slightest
The public reception was so bad that it scared advertising reps from similar companies.

I don't get it, he mostly complained about FFXV that the game is boring and nothing ever happens, how is that supposed to help sales?

It's the other way round. Conan is the one with miniscule viewerbase.

You can't expect a normalfag to enjoy weebshit.

The Xbox One proves that 'all publicity is good publicity' is bullshit.

Not that it affected FFXV.

The people interested in P5 don't care if Conan makes fun of school simulator or cheesy Japanese things.

That said it might hurt people on the fence

This has nothing to do with FFXV's sales, what the fuck is your point?

Well JRPG's are to niche to market on his show. Something like RE7 will work out perfect

We'll never know the actual sales decline Conan's segment caused. I do know that the cancellations Amazon had forced them to lower the price of the game during the holiday season. Far lower than World of Final Fantasy even.

He'll make fun of whatever you give him to review, but if he's engaged, it'll make your game look good. If you have him dress shopping or making virtual omelettes or whatever, he's going to brutalize you.

John Hardin is just a pussy who does a shit job at PR and marketing.

I doubt he'll act engaged no matter what they give him. It's all an act.

It was all tongue in cheek. The point is that he's spreading the word about the game. Final Fantasy XV is currently the fastest selling title in the franchise, so it didn't hurt sales at all, and most likely helped since he helped spread the word.

*laughs*

>There are people in this thread right now who watch late night television.

>Watching television at all.
>The current year.

I feel like I traveled back to 1995.

Seems more that giving Conan a turn-based JRPG to play sounds like a bad idea.

Has he ever gotten engaged with a game?

Her arm is clipping through

>funny hair man reads lines a team of 20 came up with
>this is (((entertainment)))

dying in the first tomb raider

He was goddamn determined to cross the street in Call of Duty.

I feel like the things he hated about Final Fantasy are a thousand times worse in Persona, too

So how does this work, does he need to complete the game from start to finish or does he simply play for X hours and then they just show you the funniest parts?

It's not even gonna be him.

He loved Battlefield 1

>Capcom literally put him in a Resident Evil game because of this

>So there's this guy, Kain
>Yeah?
>He's a vampire, and a pretty ruthless one at that. Killed a lot of people to earn his position of power, but that's not all. One of his prized creations, what he called a "prodigal son," was this other vampire, Raziel. He KILLS Raziel and casts him off into the abyss - THis guy was a real jerk.

>a bunch of people play the game and take notes
>they compile a "funny" script and prepare some saves, or record footage
>Conan sits down, someone either loads of the saves or he just pretends to play while reading the script off a teleprompter
>TV watching morons think he's a zany wellspring of humor

Where are you getting this from?

>Conan moved from a nightly show to a weekly show

Pic unrelated

>clueless gamer series
>entertaining for a few episodes
>they quickly lose their momentum
>they start bringing in youtubers and twitch streamers to play games with conan

you know this is going to happen.

Will it go the way of Gamecenter CX of obnoxious youtubing?

I wish either of them spoke the other's language.

You've never seen his behind the scenes stuff and that's okay but that's when you realize he's just born to say stupid funny shit.
And I will defend my red haired waifu

>a bunch of people play the game and take notes
Yes
>they compile a "funny" script and prepare some saves, or record footage
They prepare interesting points since he won't play the whole game
>Conan sits down, someone either loads of the saves or he just pretends to play while reading the script off a teleprompter
No, he either plays the game or the guest plays through the game unscripted

During E3 the guy with the gray hair said they do research the games before hand but make sure Conan sees nothing until filming. This is to make sure they can get natural results and they just show the parts that make good TV.

A bad press is a bad press you can't say is only half

pewdiepie was on for Far Cry Primal. He just sat there quietly because screeching like normal would make him look like a lunatic.

That's bullshit though. I mean, negative press is indeed negative, but shows like Clueless Gamer and other shows that make fun of games, aren't bad for the games unless they're disingenuous. Which Clueless Gamer at the very least isn't even if it may just choose to cover certain aspects.

By the end of the day, if the content of your game is good then it doesn't matter if he makes fun of it.
If Conan makes fun of a game for being weeb by showing weeb stuff and making fun of it. That will still look appealing to weebs, and Conan finding it weird would just be funny.
However, if your game contains content that people really do not enjoy. Then people won't enjoy that content and the reception will be negative almost disregarded of whether or not someone actually makes fun of it or not.

If you removed Conan from the equation and just made a huge video of how tedious the car drive is or a casual stroll of the less eventful streets while window shopping. That'd look bad with or without Conan.

Basically. If your product is good. Giving your product away for let's play coverage won't hurt you. But if your product is shit. Giving your product away to any kind of press of any kind that showcases it, it'll likely hurt you. It's pretty simple.

THIS

Watch the Smash Bros video, a majority of the jokes were his visual observations of the characters and mocking the staff for knowing more about them than real people. For the most part, he was actually into the game.

Are you shitting on Gamecenter CX?

>Because there is nothing in 2017.

Been living under a rock haven't we

Yes, in most games.

Post yfw they hire a duo which consists of Markiplier and Jacksepticeye

I just hope it brings back Aaron as his partner instead of random celebrities who have no reason for being there other than the fact that they're famous.

Conan shittalking whatever game they were playing and Aaron desperately trying to defend it made for funny back-and-forth, Conan and celebrity x both not having a clue what's going on in the game doesn't.

he's going to play street fighter V next

>We're going into production next month on a new series, Clueless Gamer
What? Are they cancelling Clueless Gamer in order to work on Clueless Gamer?

I guess it's going to be a full-length spinoff instead of a 10 minute segment

Leld