>Your 2016 GOTY?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pe8Sz4m-74o
youtube.com/watch?v=zIyj8BAbaX4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You're kidding, right?

Literally who?

One of the best TW games easily.

I was enjoying it until I realized how worthless survivor mode is. Also the game gets boring super fast.

Mankind Divided, although it could have been better

seconded

Nice joke fagget

here's some tittys

Hitman. It had a fucking terrible release but I love it.

I didn't play too much in 2016 but this turned out surprisingly well. Even with all the DLC bullshit.

Hitman, I guess.

That's french animation, right?

this game could've been good if the melee combat wasn't so shallow

>Focus on melee combat
>Melee combat is fucking shit despite it been established that first person melee combat can be done well

What did they mean by this?

If you would have been able to smash that cave qt, I'd agree

Dark Souls 3, runner up Uncharted 4.

Wait you can't fuck in this game? lol uninstalling

Witcher 3 Blood and Wine

That's what really surprised me too. They remove the guns from Far Cry while shooting things made up about 80% of what you did in those games. FC3/4 had a very barebones 'melee' system in the form of the takedowns, which were just "press X to kill" prompts. So you'd think that when they made Primal all about melee / thrown weapons they'd actually implement some

> blocking
> countering
> parrying
> directional attacks
> dodging / dashing
> guard breaking

But no. There's just left click to hit, hold left click for slightly stronger hit. It absolutely blew my mind. Once any kind of enemy gets within melee range you can only mash left click or back away using sprint; it's retarded. Then again, you should just stick to projectile weaponry anyway because they're way more useful. Playing Primal is pretty much just playing FC3/4 but with the bow only. The slingshot is also crazy overpowered with it's infinite ammo, one-hit headshot.

I've been playing the CPY release and I still enjoy it because FC3 was my guilty pleasure and I can do stealth outposts all fucking day for some reason

same as last year

Dark Souls 3
Xcom 2
Total War: Warhammer
Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun

what a great year 2016 was

Oh God, how dare he like something you don't?

The Legend of Zelda: The Masterwork Sword

How dare he like a reskin for far cry 4 with less features?

On a serious less shitposty note, you pretty much summed up why I found the game's melee combat surprisingly bad despite a heavier focus on it. No one is asking for Dark Souls blahblahblah combat but atleast basic things like blocking, parrying and dodging being implemented which is possible on a gamepad (games like Shadow Warrior remake has that) since even games like Halo 3 had a more substantial melee system in the form of energy sword dueling.

And yeah I can excuse FC3 + 4 on having barebones melee system since the focus is obviously on the guns.

And you do you pal, have fun

Street Fighter 5. Not even joking.

Disappointment of the year being Dark Souls 3.

I know, it's like I'm living in Bizarro Earth over here. But while SF5 was a very solid game competitively speaking (even if they massively fucked up with the casual crowd), Dark Souls 3 was some profoundly cringe-worthy fanservice. 250 hours in the first, 350 in the second, and I had to struggle to complete 3 a single time. Couldn't be arsed to go back to it to play the DLC, and I bought the season pass.

I find it interesting to compare the two. One fucked up with the casual crowd, the other with the core players.

Shadowverse and HITMAN

a f2p card game and a episodic game

eh

Nope, but you can sometimes see NPCs do it.

Dead Rising remastered for PC/PS4/X1

What kind of haircut is that ?

Furi

Didn't play many new games in 2016 but Furi was by far the best fun I had. Still need to go back and complete Furier. I played DOOM and, while I enjoyed the first half, once you got to hell the level design went to shit.

The "strong independent woman throughout the ages" one

>Revelation Online

youtube.com/watch?v=pe8Sz4m-74o

Not even a contest

Does anything interesting happen in Primal?

You muh boi n shieet, nigguu.

3rd witchar blood and tits

yeah

I guess Doom wins by default, just by virtue of being the only game I remember playing that came out in '16.

This.

>no response

There's my answer then

n/a, didn't like any games this year

>less shitposty

All he did was list actual negatives about the game, that's not shitposting, that's discussion you sack of shit

Brigador.

>> blocking
>> countering
>> parrying
>> directional attacks
>> dodging / dashing
>> guard breaking
You do realise that most gamers are not even vaguely interested in this shit? Countering? Seriously? In a mass market first person Ubisoft game?

>How dare he like a reskin for far cry 4 with less features?
I don't recall being able to have a tiger that I can feed and pet and sic on dudes in FC4. I also don't recall village building mechanics in FC4.

Yeah same here.

FC4 was good so what's the problem? It still boils down to you not liking what someone else likes.

What is the movement like in the mechs, like your standard FPS deal but a little slower or does it feel like a mech with a wide, parabolic gait?

Far Cry Primal stars Adam Fucking Jensen's voice actor as the main character. Why did nobody mention this? Game is sweet, by the way.

Mechs feel big and heavy, especially in contrast to the pilots who are tiny and move at the speed of fast.

The mechs do have standard FPS controls though. In-universe Titans are supposed to be agile all-terrain vehicles and not superheavy walkers.

Blood and Wine was the only game (DLC) i played last year, so...

Agreed. 300 hours into it already and can't wait for next game.

She's utterly batshit crazy though and I'd be surprised if anyone liked her.

fite me

>asscreed

Is that supposed to be a contradiction?

Not him but fuck you, Primal was probably the best FC game this decade, blood dragon might have been better but I didn't play it so it's obviously shit compared to Primal

Yes, because you're not meant to look at her and think of her as a rolemodel.

>Yes, because you're not meant to look at her and think of her as a rolemodel.
Then why are so many becoming batshit insane independent woman?

Touché.

Man, I'm so far behind, Pokemon Platinum was my GOTY.

What in the fuck is going on with his hair?

Dishonored 2 but HITMAN is a close second.

DX:MD would be third.

You opinions doesnt matter?

My 2016 GOTY was The Last Guardian. What a masterpiece

AssCreed is third person, and can have characters glow yellow to telegraph attacks and shit. Most people hate complex melee in FPS. Especially if they're prone to motion sickness.

This.

shantae or doom

There are a lot of ways to combat motion sickness though. Like being able to change FoV/bobbing/having a reticle to focus on etc.

either this or Pokemon.

nope, he's an Italian

>In-universe Titans are supposed to be agile all-terrain vehicles and not superheavy walkers.
Sounds like plot armour but if the gameplay itself is enjoyable then so be it. Haven't really been able to get into Titanfall what with the whole online focus and living in Australia.
I'd like to see a completely modern version of the Ghost in the Shell PS1 game, on Windows. From memory is was pretty fucking enjoyable but maybe that's because I was just a kid and in reality a new game would play more like Assassin's Creed but slower and chunkier, with all the building crawling.

Battlefleet Gothic Armada

Furi was amazing.
Also this.

Pokemon Sun.
I haven't bought a new game in fucking ages, been mainly going back and playing classics I missed. So take my GOTY with a grain of salt.
The game industry ain't for me anymore, anons.

I hated FC Primal. The premise was so great but the gameplay was shit

Yeah it's a real shame because some of the stuff in the game is great, but the combat is fucking awful.

Ah yes, casuals.

Morrowind

holy shit nothing good came out last year

youtube.com/watch?v=zIyj8BAbaX4

That's my personal favorite.

Gunvolt 2

Well at least you punctuated your sentence.

Best main theme 2016

Titanfall 2, because it's the only game released in 2016 I've played.

>black hole
>is 3D
>has more photons than our sun has

Wow.

Just fucking wow.

>3d
As opposed to what?
>has more photons than our sun has
There's still light around the black hole.

Black Holes are 100% BLACK

They're literally just reverse mirrors in space

This

Or this.

In a sea of shitty rather games they were quite ______fun______

I can't tell if you're being serious or not, so I'm gonna go take an afternoon nap.

only the center of the black hole is pitch black you dumb fucking nigger

Who is?

>Implying we're even sure if we're right about the things we think we are "Right" about

it was really good when they got the performance fixed up a little but I still wish they gave Emily some decent powers