What are some cancelled games you were looking forward to?

What are some cancelled games you were looking forward to?

Other urls found in this thread:

taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/7
youtube.com/watch?v=mCpVpIBqaJg
youtube.com/watch?v=FpdPWVfaBQs
youtube.com/watch?v=OdvUzKA5pzc
youtube.com/watch?v=l4jgh3VdNm4
steamdb.info/app/261550/history/
youtube.com/watch?v=ufikwk7_AD0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_conflicts_related_to_the_Cold_War
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wait bannerlord was cancelled?

They threw away one version of the game that was nearly done and started working on a new one.

It was a while ago but East vs West still hurts.

The success i could have had in life.

How would a Cold War wargame work?
The whole point of the Cold War was that there was no actual war, because lolnukes.

source?

you answered your own fucking question

i swear to god if the text still fucking takes up half the screen i will complain about it on launch

cant fucking see shit in big battles because everyone is fucking dying

Either taking place in the remote wars they had (korea, vietnam, afghanistan) or taking place in an alternate universe where they fight eachother i suppose

Various forum posts, ask on the forums, some turkish speaker will confirm. Its year old news.
Something about not getting the individual soldier facial animations to work, and inherent engine problems.

what? so that might explained why that lead engine programmer guy jumped to ubisoft

defcon

There were tons of proxy wars.

what kind of engine problems? scripting engine? netcode?

>jumped

You mean kicked so hard he flew to Paris.
But yeah, they confirmed early 2016 that they are making a new engine. Or was it late 2015? At any rate before we saw any video footage that was more than 3 seconds and then a cut to black.

I wonder of the new engine will have that individual soldier facial expressions and lip sync they bragged about, and the individual soldier hair physics and all the other unnecessary shit from early versions.

DOn'T YOU FUCKING SAY THAT

That looks exactly the same as Mount&Blade. Glad they are working on something different

>facial expression, lip sync, and hair physics
NOBODY ASKED FOR THESE

The posts just said they had problems, couldn't achieve their goals (individual soldier faces, hair, lip, cloth movement, 3D voice shouting) and they had to scrap it and start over.

This was when the console port rumors started by the way, but I think thats a coincidence.

Well they did promise it.

taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/7

>console port
did you mean warband?

youtube.com/watch?v=mCpVpIBqaJg

You cant launch nukes until the final stage of the game, so a lot of it is trying not to piss off the wrong dudes(which is as simple as placing a radar or a silo too close to their border or keeping subs by their shore). It's really great and it's also dead so unless you got friends you miss out on the diplomacy aspect

I mean the rumor that was going around at the same time that we later found out the engine was being remade.
Again, I think its a coincidence.

Wait so all those videos showing off the siege gameplay.

Everything that was on that engine scrapped?

The siege stuff is the new engine. That's the new bannerlord we are getting.

Just cut those features out and tell to the consumer that they can't deliver those promised features, like Warhouse studio recently.

Ah okay. Got a bit worried there

do you have further source? I'd like to read more about this

Turkish language forums have developers posting occasionally. Ask on the English forums and some people who browse both will confirm.

The siege gameplayer was shown 5 months ago.

The lead engine programmer left about a year ago.

Why would they show footage from before he left half a year after he left?

then remove it you sperg

StarCraft: Ghost

so this must be a screenshot of inventory screen running on scrapped engine?

>The lead engine programmer left about a year ago.

Do they know why he left?

I eventually got it in the form of a ps2 game, but I was so hyped when this was announced.

Project Offset.
youtube.com/watch?v=FpdPWVfaBQs
Elveon.
youtube.com/watch?v=OdvUzKA5pzc
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2.
Paul Schuytema's Prey .
youtube.com/watch?v=l4jgh3VdNm4

Turkroach

FFVXIII FNC

Generic console third person shooter honestly.

Yes. Pre-video stuff is old engine, video stuff is new engine. There is a large cap of no information between them.

I don't. All I have to go off is this.

"e also addressed rumors that development had run into trouble because of the departure of a key person. "Our previous lead engine programmer did move to another company some time ago. About a year... I think? But that's not the kind of thing that would stop a game from getting finished," he wrote. "While he is a brilliant computer engineer and a lovely bloke, we have a fantastic team of engine programmers and I think they're working very well.""

Which is from a PCGamer article from like a week ago.

maybe he is shit programmer. dunno.

Why don't they just be honest to the public that they got problems. Keep the public informed.

So the version you guys are talking about was cancelled 2ish years ago, before they started this current build they've been showing at e3 etc/gamescom?

Cause the screenshots you're posting look fucking awful, I'm glad they scrapped it.

Thank christ they cancelled that shit. It looks like a Warband mod. at least the current build looks like a new game.

Yes on the first line, and sort of yes on the second.
I am just wondering what else they scrapped with it.
Of the promises they made before the scrap, what will they implement, and what will they "forget"?

If the game still barely completed, why would they put Bannerlord on steam store? It doesn't make any sense.

Couldn't really care less about little stuff like cloth physics. As long as they give me the game they showed off in those 30-40 min plays I'll be happy.

Rainbow 6: Patriots

hope you enjoy your dead early access game

They have closed beta sessions. You can see the players online stats for the game, I think it peaked at around 100.

>Cause the screenshots you're posting look fucking awful,
whod have thought a game not even in alpha would look bad

Mordhau

>beta
so the game is near completion?

Is it cancelled really?

>CLOSED beta

It was meant to be released for Christmas, so unless they were VERY wrong about it, I imagine it will come relatively soon.

steamdb.info/app/261550/history/

They patched it 4 minutes ago, its clearly in active development.

Prey 2 before they started over again.

youtube.com/watch?v=ufikwk7_AD0

I know this was just some cinematic bullshit, but I love the idea of being a gunslinger in a futuristic sci-fi setting. Also being the only human on an alien world is cool.

Something must horribly gone wrong then. Maybe the multiplayer mode isn't working properly? Or something fundamental in the game engine?
Yeah, I did expect Bannerlord to be released on Christmas.

Their ginger twitter guy said it will be out "in some form in the hands of the players" for Christmas. And he said that after the lead developer and founder of the company was starting to talk and he cut him so he doesn't spill the beans.
So the "for Christmas" was the conservative estimation of the media savvy guy.

new prey is system shock bethesda edition ill take it maybe

>Nobody mentioned Battlefront 3
Fuck you all.

>I know this was just some cinematic bullshit, but I love the idea of being a gunslinger in a futuristic sci-fi setting.

Fallout sort of does that, in New Vegas especially.
Except its a Star Wars mix of sci-fiand fantasy.

It hurts so goddamn much Sup Forums. hold me.

What is he doing right now?

personal

no, kickstarter soon

no

xbone

It's not cancelled, have faith

Yeah, it will be out in 2077.

>ITT: """"canceled"""" games

a version of bannerlord was indeed cancelled
bannerlord 2 may release at some point, maybe

Star Wars Battlefront 3
Fuck the full online/no mods Dice version

>It's not cancelled, have faith

Technically true, Cyberpunk 2077 is "not cancelled" in the same way that Half-life 3 is "not cancelled"

The one with the webm of the giant green lady laying down in front of skyrim-man

source nigga

>The whole point of the Cold War was that there was no actual war
>it ain't me starts playing

Don't worry guys. It's CDPR's PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY to release it.

All I wanted was some closure, Sup Forums. I wanted to know if Volnutt would finally get off the moon, and Capcom wouldn't let us have that. Even if it would have sold like shit, I still wanted to know.

Are you telling me I won't get Bannerlord soon?

Rope here I go.

Half-Life 3 was never announced.

Scroll up

Dead Rush, a big open world zombie game.

I remember seeing it in Game Informer in the San Andreas issue where they also had a multiple page preview of Destroy All Humans. Open World was super hot at the time but unfortunately Dead Rush got cancelled sometime afterwards. At least Destroy All Humans and San Andreas were super dope.

Red Alert 2

Wargame: European Escalation

>RTS calls itself wargame
>always gets brought up in wargame threads
Fuck off faggot, go play some War in the East to figure out what a wargame is

Most of the games in this thread haven't even been cancelled, step it up senpais.

>hexagonal faggot being this deluded

you don't build shit and focus only on fighting hence it's a wargame

Is Street Fighter a war game?

>The whole point of the Cold War was that there was no actual war
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_conflicts_related_to_the_Cold_War

You literally play on a board in Wargame ;)

Prey 2 looked fucking incredible, now it looks shit.

DELET THIS

Steambot Chronicles 2.

Is there a correlation between Warband recent multiplayer update and Bannerlord current development state?

NOOOO. IT WILL COME OUT THIS YEAR, STOP LYING

please ;_;

Yes, one was cancelled to focus on the other.