Paradox OK's a Werewold the Apocalypse game

paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/

IT BEGINS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bYmiwbO5icc
unseen64.net/2016/10/10/werewolf-apocalypse-videogame-cancelled/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A vampire game must be in the cards now.

>Focus Home Interactive
Oh gee, I wonder how that one will turn out.

Furries are gonna love it.

Devs of Styx are doing it, that game was okay. I'll hold off judgement tilli see gameplay, but i'm cautiously optimistic

Can't wait to finally get a chance to rip vampire fucking shits apart.

mite b cool, werewolves are neat, hopefully it's actually reflective of the depth of the game

I am not hopeful, considering the last game never made it to alpha in the early 00's. Also they will probably go for the newer setting which is shit for werewolves, the 90's eco-warriors were better with cooler tribes. Its been twenty years, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I fucking hate werewolves, werebears, were-anything

If it's Werewolf: the Apocalypse it'll be the old setting.

>this shit and not Bloodlines 2
>or survival horror Changeling
>or anything Mage
>game about flipping out and murdering dudes
>developers that are best known for turn-based games

Everything about this is a disaster.

I used to think werewolves were cool but furries ruined them for me.

I am not familiar with this, I get that it is the apocalypse with werewolves but any idea what the gameplay would be like?

Much suck to go through life missing out on cool shit because you can't stand the thought of someone out there hacking off to it.

AFAIK there's no information about the game itself other than the setting, but W:tA is pretty combat-heavy. Old fans of WW games used to call them cuisinarts with fur.

Hopefully like vtm:bloodlines with more rip n' tear

Werewolf: The Apocalypse is Classic WoD. The Chronicles of Darkness one is called "Werewolf: The Forsaken."

And Chronicles has gotten a lot better in general since they revised everything. It's not a bad system or a bad setting, just different from CWoD, with a lot less metaplot and a greater focus on theme and mood. The books are more of a toolbox than anything else.

>mite be cool
If they go with a completely new story line and simply use W:TA for world-building.

I still hold the opinion that they should make a werewolf game in the same/similar fashion as Assassin's Creed.
>Running across rooftops
>Spot your victim
>Doing a glorious swan dive, pouncing on your victims
>They're already dead before you rip and tear because of the impact of a 400lb beast of rippling muscle slamming into you for ten-story buildings
>You can model the jumps similar to Hunters in Left4Dead to add a bit of difficulty to the jumps.

You talking about this old piece of shit?

youtube.com/watch?v=bYmiwbO5icc

I remember Paradox saying they wanted a game encompassing the whole WoD. Werewolf is quite involved in the cosmology so I hope that's what they mean.

>thinking that there can be a Mage: The Ascension/Awakening that would do the system justice

Seriously, the magic is so open-ended it really can't be done. Low-tier mages make coincidences happen a lot, high-tier mages bend reality over and make it their bitch.

I'm actually really excited about this. W:tA was the first RPG book I ever bought for myself. I still have it on my shelf after like 19 years, and I've yet to play a single game of it because I could never find a group.

Still would love to play some V:tM, V:tR, or C:tL, but it'll probably never happen.

>Developed by Styx: Master of Shadows developer Cyanide Studio

It goes more into the metaphysics of WoD both Mage and especially Vampire, so I think it could work well if handled right. Vampire would be a bit too stereotypical of them to make no matter how fucking badass a Bloodlines 2 would be, and Mage would be a massive fucking headache to even think about putting into video game form, since awakened magic can literally do anything given enough power. And them doing anything outside the main three lines would not be the smartest move for the first video game in years, so that only leaves Werewolf for the most viable line for them to adapt.

The worst part of franchise in the hand of a very mediocre developer.
What a time to be alive!

I hear you. Werewolf is such an amazing and misunderstood setting. I played V:tM for years and never managed to find anyone willing to give Werewolf a shot.

An actual modern werewolf game? I'm down

>what is bloodborne

To this day, I still don't know what this gif is conveying.

A game with werewolves in it.

It's not a werewolf game.

Panic is my guess.

but you can change into a werewolf too you know

When you hear of it, you turn 360 degrees and walk away.

>Get advertised a Vanhelsing style werewolf game where I could turn into a werewolf and invade other worlds
>End up with a History Channel exclusive Meme Aliens game
>Two years later, at the last boss of a DLC I finally get a rune that lets me turn into a werewolf
>It's not even a werewolf but some kinda half assed wolf-man

Skyrim was more of a werewolf game than Blunder Borne

Could be fun if there's plenty to do in both wolf and human forms.

Also, no fucking "the transformation tears through the flesh" crap. Fuck that retardation.

With a very specific rune/weapon combo that doesn't look anywhere near as good as the things you go up against, and is considered crap compared to other potential weapons.

To add: once you're past Rom, the game transitions from fighting beasts to NotCuthulu MGS2 style seeing as there wasn't much warning it was coming in the promotional material

Folks want to be the beast, not the hunter

>transformation tears through the flesh

wtf does that even mean

Apocalypse and Forsaken both are, in their own ways. I like how in Apocalypse you have to save the forest from the evil urban developers because it's good to save the forest for Mother Gaia and all the friendly tree spirits. In Forsaken, you save the dipshit urban developers from the forest because you do not want to piss the tree spirits off, they will seriously fuck everything up if they get mad.

That fucking retarded shit where the wolf form bursts through the body while the human one peels off.

Werewolves aren't the goddamn Fly, they're a transformation that reverts.

Well the Werewolves (and other Fera in WoD) actually have 5 forms in total. First you have the basic human form and a full wolf form, as well as the typical half-human-half-wolf monstrosity form, but beyond that you basically have in-between states between the two, where you are more like Lon Cheney Jr. as the Wolfman, and a form that's basically just a wolf with some human features that set it apart from actual wolves. So there's a whole bunch of forms that you can expect in the game.

cautiously optimistic...

IIRC the WtA werewolves don't work like that, if that's what you're hoping for.

>and a form that's basically just a wolf with some human features that set it apart from actual wolves.

Hispo does not really have human features. A better description would be a dire wolf.

Well that's good to know, that whole shredding through the body kind of transformation is just stupid as fuck.

"Steer clear"

unf unf yiff yiff

I think the perception that it's all hippy shit turned a lot of people off from Apocalypse. It's certainly a big part of the game, but it's not the only theme and it's easy enough to make a campaign that doesn't include any of it. It's really an in-depth and eclectic setting that most people didn't take the time to explore properly.

You can say that about all WW games, I guess.

Are there different types of werewolves with different powers like there are vampires?

Ah, you mean the Van Helsing style thing. You want full body metamorphosis, yes?

>Game based on WoD
>Get furshit instead of vampires
Also
>console game

Yes, each Tribe is bound to an Incarnae which grants them powers.

Yeah, there are tribes (a family of werewolves you're descended from) and breeds (whether you were born as a human, wolf, or one of the despised metis), and your role as a werewolf is determined by what phase of the moon you were born under.

Yeah, that's why I like Chronicles better than Classic overall. The themes are more consistent. Constant paranoia and fear of what lurks in the shadows is potentially more interesting to me than "your pack/coterie/cabal must fight the evil Wrym minions/Sabbat disciples/Technocracy cell." I like the fact that in VtR there's no consensus on where vampires come from, no global conspiracy to hide them from mortal sight. They're a disparate bunch of thirsty corpses trying desperately to hold on to whatever humanity they have left while they lie to and manipulate and backstab each other just to try and get ahead.

>Maybe Amelia wouldn't have gone down so easily if she'd take that damn ripped bonnet off of her head

>unseen64.net/2016/10/10/werewolf-apocalypse-videogame-cancelled/
Its already cancelled

Pretty sure Van Helsing was the usual metamorphosis stuff. I mean that retarded shit like Wolf Cop and Werewolf in a women's prison where it goes all Brundlfly on the body. That shit is just fucking stupid.

So they turned an interesting setting into a generic setting?

Haha epic nice one bro

Retard.

It's not Changeling, so at least it's not that hard on the furshit scale. Werewolf players are rather tame compared to the Changeling players who mostly seem to consist of otherkin and hardcore yiffers.

>yfw its a crpg

Helsing also did the skin tear thing though where they just kinda ripped at it and bam, fur underneath it

Who hires a guy like that as a schoolbus driver?

As long as it's better than vanilla skyrim I'm down, man that NEEDED modding to be remotely viable late game

>getting two-shotted by level 30 guards because they didn't add in any perks to give you more damage resistance
>magic hurts like a bitch

The roars were fun and all, but just a very rushed experience. werewold perks expanded made it soooooo much better, if you can get skyrim cheap and want to rip and tear it might be up your alley.

>werewolves
>furshit

Werewolves have been around for centuries longer than furries. Plus Werewolf lore has never included a sexual element. Neither did vampire shit until Bram Stoker wrote Dracula, for that matter.

>new vtm
>obsidian developing
>it's top down like PoE

I would be so mad

I did that for a while. Even got that buggy as fuck Gore Mod and those several different blood pack mods.

It was cool for a little while, but man. Skyrim engine just fucks up all fun.

Yepper. Let me see if I can remember them all:

Black Furies are basically Amazon werewolves, matriarchal in organization. They have a lot of Greek ancestry.

Bone Gnawers are mongrels living in the slums of human settlements, in tune with the lowborn of humanity and the wolves that scavenge on the edges of human settlements.

Children of Gaia are the peacekeepers and healers of Garou society. They ended the War of Rage (werewolves killing all the other were-creatures) and the Impergium (culling of humans).

Fianna are Gaelic/Irish/Celtic werewolves, and keepers of Garou history.

Get of Fenris are basically Viking werewolves. Berserker types.

Glass Walkers are city werewolves who commune with technological spirits.

Red Talons are like 99.9% born from wolves. They live out in the untouched wilderness and despise humanity more than any other tribe.

Shadow Lords are a shady heirarchy-focused tribe that does anything to get ahead.

Silver Fangs are regal leader-types, usually with silvery fur.

Stargazers are pacifist philosophers who tend to keep to themselves.

Silent Striders are nomads who never really tie themselves down to any one territory.

Uktena are a Native American tribe that's bitter as all fuck. They're into curses and poison and whatnot.

Wendigo are also Native American, from the colder parts. They're not as butthurt as the Uktena but they're scary in their own way.

Pretty sure the hiring process for schoolbus drivers isn't that in depth.

>Are you a pedophile?
>Do you have a Class A/B license(I forget which one you need for a school bus)?
>Can you pass a DOT physical and drug test?
>If yes to all of the above you are hired

>Furries are gonna love it.
It definitely sounds yiff-tastic.

>A vampire game must be in the cards now.
What ever happened to CCP's WoD Online?

>Are you a pedophile?
>If yes to all of the above you are hired

They should have used Forsaken. The clans/tribes/traditions were so nothing that they were pretty much just choose which powers you want to get an XP discount on. NWoD did a much better job of making the different organizations PCs belong to feel like actual fleshed out groups.

>What ever happened to CCP's WoD Online?
We don't talk about that. That shit hurt. Years of effort squandered...

>ywn seduce hot sluts and then drain them of blood before joining your bros on a sortie against those Ventrue assholes

Damn, missed that, should have put do you find children not sexually attractive.

Hey werefucks, rip and tear this lol

>Years of effort squandered...
No user, the game looked and played like a piece of shit. It was literally press X to suck blood with no dialogue options.

You say that as if a pack couldn't tear that to shreds almost instantaneously.

There's stuff in the spirit world that make that look like a teddy bear

Isn't Wendigo the turbo flustered one? I thought Uktena was the more reasonable chugs.

I wouldn't worry about it

Don't get me wrong, they're both pretty butthurt about the whole "being genocided by our own kin" thing, but the Uktena are straight-up shady about it. A Wendigo will chase you down and tear you apart, but an Uktena will just keep fucking with you and your entire family out of spite.

Yeah, Wendigo are definitely more pissed, they're the warrior tribe.

S-shut up you damn mutts, just wait till my sire hear about this

Why the FUCK did the Garou start genociding the other fera

They fucked up everything

>Play cWoD
>Half the group wants to do WtA
>Other half wants to do MtA
>GM just says "LOL LETS MIX OUR WODS!"
>Every single situation ends up being the mages just pressing their "I Win" buttons to solve it
>GM lets them get away with anything because he's a pushover
>I make my werewolf a glasswalker with 5 points in driving, guns, and computers
>Mage: I MAKE A SPIRIT CAR THAT AUTOMATICALLY HAS 6 POINTS OF DRIVING AND ALSO TELEPORTATION AND ALSO I HAVE AN ENCHANTED MINIGUN THAT GIVES ME +4 TO GUNS AND ALSO A PHONE THAT AUTOMATICALLY HACKS EVERYTHING!
>I try to do some stuff to help direct the plot
>GM just makes the plot mage-centric since they made special snowflakes who do everything
>The GM was unwilling to change the stakes or elevate the werewolves in power, so the mages just rolled everything
I ended up detonating a nuke on the a Gen 4 vampire, though, and everyone died in the blast. So that was cool.

That's a reasonable average concept for a fomori, the corrupted spirits that are the main things Garou fight.

Garou (compared to the rest of the WoD) are OP in melee, so the monsters in Garou games tend to be pretty tough. It's all dialed up a bit higher than in Vampire games.

>Wendigo the turbo flustered one? I thought Uktena was the more reasonable chugs
Uktena are spiritual and resentful, Wendigo are aggressive and vengeful, they're essentially a more bestial counterpart to the Fenri.

user's descriptions aren't perfect but they're a reasonable summary.

Seemed like a mix of both. Goes full fur under the skin, then the rest of the body warps and changes.

Weird looking, but at least not that body horror shit with exploding penises.

>Why the FUCK did the Garou start genociding the other fera
>They fucked up everything
They're the Sup Forums of the world of darkness.

The fact there could never be a CtL game with as much customization as the PnP game is a fucking travesty. It could be an incredible hybrid of VtMB's cities with Alice: Madness Returns' grimy london aesthetic for the urban environments with AMR's wonderland and Oblivion's Shivering Isles for The Hedge and Arcadia. Imagine. Imagine what could never be.

Seriously, a Vodzh is basically a mid-tier Fomor. I'd like to see a vamp take on a Nexus Crawler. Oh, wow, you can sculpt flesh like clay. Good luck against a spirit that does that to fucking reality simply by existing.

>tfw no cdpr world of darkness game

Crossplay campaigns are fucking cancer. I feel your pain, I've been there myself.

Yeah, Classic doesn't do mixing very well. The fact of the matter is that Mages are just fucking better at everything, because they can literally do anything.

Your Storyteller should have been raping them with Paradox whenever possible while they're doing their fancy magic, though. That's on him.

As someone who's played everything from the cWOD I have to say, I fucking hate MAGE.
Their chronicles are shit and the powers are just so fucking bullshit, it's impossible to play one session without bullshit powers.
I also hate Werewolf but mostly for the sjw furries connotations.

NWoD does a much better job of balancing the various supernaturals against each other. For instance, there aren't any vamp disciplines that auto succeed on non vampires due to being resisted by a stat that only vampires have.

You forgot Space Hulk Deathwing. I am quite cautious about this one.

Was there ever any real explanation/background to oWoD Hunters and the Messengers?

I always figured they were essentially puppets of some other supernatural entity out there that wanted to wipe out all other supernaturals. I doubt it was an actual diety or God related because of those two failed Creeds, the Hermits and Wayward.

That still doesn't mean crossplay is a good thing to do, since all the lines have different themes stressed. It just means that you can introduce other supernaturals as NPCs or adversaries more easily.