Xbox Project Scorpio Will Be 4.5x More Powerful Than PS4

Xbrothers
Xkings

Our time is now. Who is ready? First we have the greatest game franchises like Halo, Scalebound, ReCore, Gears of War and Sunset Overdrive

And now we have this
eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-the-race-to-4k-how-scorpio-targets-ultra-hd-gaming

OUR TIME IS NOW

>Scalebound
You almost did it user, but then fucked up.

no exclusives

PS4 Pro failed and Scorpio will fail too and Xbox brand is already dead

why not just buy a pc?

that's incorrect, they said it's 4.5x more powerful than the Xbox One, which is about half as fast as the PS4.

FREEDOM

OUR TIME IS NOW

>There are people who honestly fell for the Phil Spencer meme

SO MUCH POWER
Useless because no games, hurr

But does it run Bloodborne?

>ULTRA MEGA REMASTERED TERRAFLOPPY XL ELITE SUPER HD GAMING

They're so fucking desperate.

What's the point in having all that extra power if third-parties wont use it? Any games they make will need to be able to run on PS4 too so they wont bother.

It's like the PS3 all over again; sure developers COULD get more power out of it if they bothered to get to grips with the Cell processor but they chose not to (other than Kojima) because at the end of the day they needed their games to run on Xbox 360.

>Scalebound
user....

Are any of you guys interested in Everspace. I think it looks pretty neat.

4.5x more powerful but 0x as many games.

FUCK YOU ALL

HAIL MICROSOFT

2017 IS THE YEAR LITERALLY ALL OTHER CONSOLES BECOME IRRELEVANT TO THE XBOX SCORPIO

FREEDOM FROM THE CLASPS OF DARKNESS

FREEDOM I SAY, PHIL HAS FREED US

HAIL MICROSOFT! HAIL MICROSOFT! XBROS CELEBRATE YOUR IMPENDING BLESSING, THE SUNLIGHT IN THE DARK, THE GOLD IN THE STREAM

WE ARE FREE XBROS, FREE!

Doesn't matter, Everything will be also be more expensive due drumpf trade tariff.

Halo 5 tho...

Its going to be funny though. Anyone who likes the games on xbox and wants 4k would probably get a PC instead and probably already did. Then theres the factor of many console shits not having a 4k tv (if you cheaped out as hard as possible) because it costs as much as one of the shitbox wannabe PC consoles(if you cheaped out as hard as possible) they cherish so much like the homeless crackhead and his only blanket. After all that, there are a lot of console fags who just don't give a shit at all about performance and just want to play a vidya once in a while.

>MUH WEEBSHIT GAMES CAN'T BE PLAYED ON THE XBOX THOUGH WAAAAH NO GAMES

SONYFAGS LITERALLY SHAKING

PS4 BTFO XBOX WON THIS YEAR

>4.5x More Powerful Than PS4
LOL.

>Scalebound
Xbots will never recover from this.

At least wait till e3 to shitpost

>343i halo
no

XBOX WON!

XBOX WON!

XBOX WON!

YOUR CONSOLE IS DEAD, SONYFAGGOTS. MARK MY WORDS

>he can't play halo 5 at 4k resolution while still having 60fps minimum

KEK

Sunset overdrive?

This
And we all know one single game amazing launch game can sell systems
N64 had mario 64
Xbox had Halo: Combat Evolved

>4.5x
4.5 times 0 is still 0 tho.

>power rated at around 4.5 times the capabilities of Xbox One
The xbox one isn't nearly as powerful as the ps4. lol

>4.5x more powerful than an outdated piece of shit

Is this supposed to impress me or something?

>17:16:16

Scalebound is canceled you Xshit.

scorpio's nextgen

MY GOD
it might be an actual xbot! I thought they went extinct long ago. Perhaps it is a troll pretending to be dumb enough to support xbox team after E3 2013.

Literally no reason to make these people think what they did was okay and they should ever be hired again

Anybody have a crying wojak with xbox hat?

Their days are numbered...

It's already out, so...

normies will buy this if the claim is real of course the price is gonna be 499 though

>Todd
>Good
>Nintendo
>Good
>Reddit
>Windows 10
How many layers of irony is this image under?

And all games will be made for both the vanilla Xbone and the Scorpio

Normies will buy this if it's marketed enough. They don't give a shit about the claim being true, not like they have the knowledge to verify it.

What's really going to hurt scorpio is the significant architecture changes. Since any scorpio game must also be playable on the regular xbone, devs basically have to invest the full effort of a port to capture one single audience.

But Obama was, and will remain our greatest president

Back to neogaf bitch tits

But that one game will also be playable on pc

Greatest black president for sure

Does anything run bloodbourne....properly I mean

Time to sell my PC, I was getting tired of buying new parts every year

>People want Scorpio and Microsoft to flop
Then Sony will have complete domination of the console market and can get away with anything cause they have no competition. No competition means no incentive to create better hardware, no good sales or bundles, hell they can start charging you for the stupidest shit like changing your profile picture because they can.

Pray for Scorpio's success and prepare for a console arms race

Sony doing more stupid shit just means people moving away from sony as well.

The fat fucks at valve at least would be happy.

It'd actually be an interesting move from microsoft - letting the console market burn in a sony monopoly, and capturing the audience with windows.

k that's cool and all, but...

I want everyone to flop.

what games can you play tho

and what games will be developed that'll even use that power cuz nothing ever does

>INSTALL BASE

When will you people ever learn? I can guarantee you there WILL BE NO SCORPIO EXCLUSIVE GAMES that is going to use any of that power outside of whatever MS cooks up. The PS4/XBOX One is the baseline.

If Microsoft drops out, another company will see an opportunity and starts producing consoles

>I can guarantee you there WILL BE NO SCORPIO EXCLUSIVE GAMES
Yes, they already confirmed that.

At least someone on this board who isn't retarded.

So it's going to be another PS3 launch price?

And yet no Miku.

Thank you user. It's my collection of singing potatoes that keep me sane.

I own an xbone, but what the fuck is the point if you have NO GAMES

Who? Valve tried look how that ended up. And if a reputable company like Valve can't then no way a literal who company can

Barrier to entry into the console market is actually pretty low. If anything history shows that ingrained manufacturers can easily lose their position. If Sony starts to fuck up because they think they have complete control then you can easily expect Samsung or Apple to enter the market and fuck Sony's shit up.

>x4.5 the PS4 power
>poor library
>another useless box

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>He has to pad his exclusives list with canceled games and launch games

just let the kiddies have there fun user
no need to drag console kiddies to the pc they have done enough damage

>why not just buy all your parts seperately, wait for them to come in the mail, put it all together yourself, install all the drivers yourself, blah blah blah
vs.
>buy a prebuilt console at the store

I wish there was a containment board for PCunts. Oh wait there is. It's Sup Forums.

I love my xbone, but there's literally no reason to get the Scorpio.
It won't have any Scorpio exclusives and developers won't bother optimizing for it since everything else is a lowest common denominator. Microsoft has a garbage first party lineup so not even they will take advantage of it. And it'll be more expensive and a slim Xbone.

Don't buy the Scorpio

Apple is fairly unlikely, they have their share of the gaming market, and they necessarily have to overprice their hardware to keep up the premium brand image. Pandering to the lowest common denominator, as all console makers have to, isn't their business.

Samsung would be far more likely, but it'd probably be some android shitshow that ends up flopping as hard as the ouya, and for the same reasons.

Samsung maybe? Hopefully the console won't explode

>Scalebound
>Scalebound
>Scalebound
>Scalebound
Enough with this shit already the game looked like hot shit since it's reveal wasn't on anyone radar. The piece of shit being cancel was a fucking blessing. How about posting an actual good game like Crackdown instead of that canned dragon weeb trash game no one cared about, bitch.

>Oh no I have to actually put effort into my hobby to get the best experience

You're the kind of faggot who buys a model plane preassembled.

is his hair supposed to look like feathers? is he a birdman?

>Buying a microsoft console after the xbone

There's no point.

Nice false equivalency. The building your own gaming device is not a requirement for enjoying video games as a hobby. Do you also make your own games? No, you fucking buy them premade, now don't bother replying after your massive BTFO status, instead, just kill yourself.

>N64 had Mario 64
>Xbox had Halo: Combat Evolved

Nobody bought the N64, it didn't even sell in Japan. And Halo wasn't a phenomenon until the 360. It certainly wasn't shifting sytems in 2001-2002.

PS1 and PS2 won those gens.

Besides as it stands now the Halo franchise is past its prime.

Halo 5 wasn't even the best shooter of this gen, there is literally no reason to ever buy an Xbox One or any derivative of it.

Do not fall for the meme.

If Microsoft stopped giving all their "exclusives" to PC a lot more people would buy an Xbone

>Chad Daddy
>The Illuminati
>Furryslayers
>Kaz
>Hideo
>Nep
The concept of "Good" is relative

>Splatoon
Now that's an even spicier meme

>Do you also make your own games? No, you fucking buy them premade
Some assembly required for optimal gameplay experience.

Oh, wait, you fucks don't get mods.

plz have Rizen cores

Absolutely BTFO PCucks confirmed underage retards

Not the retard OP that still wants that shitty looking dragon simulator, but exclusives don't sell consoles, third party games do.

Who?
>Apple
Unlikely, if they joined their console would probably be like the switch. An iPad with joycon look alike
>Samsung
Maybe a handheld
>Google
Could launch an Android gaming, would probably end up like the steam OS.

It's kinda sad, I can't tell if this is someone pretending to be retarded, or an actual 14 year old.

>First we have the greatest game franchises
objectively wrong

t. betacuck who only plays Halo

Yet Scorpio games will be made to run on base Xbones.

I want the Scorpio, bad. I just can't justify it. I need this reveal to really show me why I would buy it.

I can't justify the purchase for better textures in ESO.

Thinking about it, the only ones that could credibly pull it off would be AMD themselves. They have the tech and experience.

Though it'd create a weird situation if sony at that point were to still go with AMD as well. Possibly a PS5 based on intel/nvidia and AMD throwing themselves in with their own console next gen, in a cooperation with MS?

GamerGate was a mistake

Okay, but how much will it cost?

And 4k res is getting to be fucking annoying as a target because most people don't have, and don't plan on getting a 4k TV for a few years if at all. Sure enthusiasts will have one but most gamers aren't that enamored with resolution, unless that's the new shit they're trying to push.

The only thing that's going to determine the scorpio's success or failure will be it's price point.

It's going to get all the multiplats, it's going to look better than the PS4, it's gonna have some exclusives. But will it be cheaper than, or equal in cost to the PS4? No? Then it'll fail. Yes? It'll succeed.

People who had an xbone and were waiting to switch over did so with the pro, that was the marketing gimmick, and it did it's job. It's not meant to be a total replacement of the PS4. The scorpio is meant to replace the xbone.

I'm not marketing wiz but I just can't see a way in which microsoft comes out on top of this.

did you fucking read the article

Not an argument
/thread

I want all consoles to hurry up and die (or at least the big 3 to die).
The future is tiny set-top boxes that can play all games with decent visuals.

>BTFO PCuck tries to recover

He's right tho, you are using false equivalency. Most likely because you don't know how to do anything and you think you're smart cuz you built your own computer which is easy as fuck to do

Hopefully it has a better name than Xbox One.
I wonder what they're going to call it, and how will they change the physical releases of their games. Will the cases just say Xbox from now on?

Me too, I plan to get Halo 6 for it if Master Chief is the main playable character for the game's entirety.

PlayStation 4 Pro has offered several titles with high performance modes running on unlocked frame-rates - and notably none of them has managed to double performance consistently from 30fps to 60fps. Microsoft makes no claim that Scorpio is able to do so either and instead suggests a compromise - running GPU elements at twice the speed, while CPU-bound elements are interpolated. A move to far more powerful Zen cores would almost certainly make such advice redundant. We're not aware of any console titles that use this frame-rate upscaing technique - though there was a really impressive Force Unleashed 2 tech demo back in the day - but at the very least, the comment reaffirms our belief that Scorpio's CPU technology has not moved on in step with its GPU.

just fucking read the article it will just be a ps4 pro +

Is Scorpio a new generation or just a half step like the Pro?

Isn't Samsung in some serious shit with their government for bribing the S.Korea president? I wouldn't want to buy a Samsung console. It would be the most shadiest of them all.