>>365639434

That's some really ugly pixel art

RKS is also ten years old so I kinda doubt it's gonna outsell MN9.

99% of mm fans have never heard of it.

Every thread I've seen on this game since the Steam release date was announced has just been a bunch of shitposting.

It seems Mega Man style games are always doomed to failure and I don't know why.

The translators are so lacking in confidence they deliberately delayed the release so as not to compete with MN9.

Another kickstarter.

And they won't play it either.

You don't see anyone talking about Legend of Dark Witch 2 now do you?

Steam will give it some legs. I predict bare minimum 50,000 sales in 1 year. Which is about what MN9 sold on steam.

If they were smart thsi would have gotten a NDS or 3DS release years ago.

I don't care how good the gameplay is, it looks like shit.
and slow

You're overly optimistic. Even when the game was new, and then re-released on DLSite, and then re-re-released on Playism it didn't pull numbers even remotely like that.

There's a reason the creator dropped the series and went back to making hentai CGs.

One day I'll play RKS.

Or some Megaman clone/fangame/whatever. I played the main games a lot already.

Anubis and the Buried Bone when.

that's some vgmusic tier midi there.

That's to be expected for a game that uses public domain music.

First time it's on steam. That's a game changer.

NO ONE has heard of "Pharoah Rebirth" but the version on steam has sold 59,000 so far. Pretty solid numbers for a game that was originally free. Just being on steam gives it more exposure.

>it's another "it's a 1:1 copy of game mechanics from beloved franchises or genres with no imagination moe anime blobs with magic powers slapped literally all over it" episode

i fucking hate touhou so much for making this okay

They're not moeblobs. They're the opposite. They're action girls.

>Generic anime chibishit
It won't beat Megaman, and surpassing MN9 isn't that impressive considering its a steaming pile of shit

You're still vastly over estimating this games potential.

The Steam version of Azure Striker Gunvolt only broke 30k recently and that was made by people Mega Man fans already know.

For comparison Dark Witch 1 and 2 are only at 18k and 1k respectively.

Thinking a game that people who were interested in pirated ten years ago will do 50k is simply delusional.

>Mega Man fans whine about wanting a new Mega Man game
>game plays exactly like Mega Man
>"wow fuck that, this seems like shit"

Are Mega Man fans retarded?

Aside from the good sprite work, ASG is a giant turd. I turned it off after 30 mintures when I realized i could just dash through everything. "Why bother playing this?".

>new Mega Man game
>Game is a port of a ten year old game

???

This looks really ugly. Like an RPG Maker game's assets

Oh I almost forgot Meta Gal which is sitting at 2K.

Keep in mind the historical context when this was made: 2007. MM9-10 were not made at that point, so a revisiting of classic mega men was a novel idea.

me and a friend talked extensively about that yesterday and seeing this thread up and this post just makes me feel like we weren't wrong in our arguing. pic related

what's the appeal of legend of dark witch while we're at it? the level design is so awfully flat and the only "unique" aspect of it is the gradius upgrade system slapped onto the game. If the whole game is like this I'd much rather be playing something more fun and that respects my time and patience, like fucking megaman x6

If they already played it 10 years ago, they'd be complaining about the fact that it's a port of a 10 year old game rather than bitching about the graphics, music, and gameplay. These seem to be people who are only just finding out about it and dismissing it immediately.

Character/enemy sprites look good.

The backgrounds and effects are bad. The backgroudns are pretty flat and lack detail.

Woah, I remember downloading that so many years ago from some old doujinsoft forum.

The first Dark Witch being such trash is probably why the second game isn't taking off on Steam.

Fun fact about the first dark witch game, almost none of the boss are capable of horizontal movement.

I'll just wait for the official release of 20XX for my Megaman needs, thanks.

Even then RKS was after Mega Mari so it still was hardly an original concept.

is 2 any good? I can just get it on my 3DS right now but honestly the first one is such trash I don't want to bother with a second one unless it's far superior

2 it's pretty good, at least it doesn't feel like shovelware.

The level design is much better than the first game, and doesn't have much in the way of level mechanics besides vanish blocks.

The boss fights are better in that they actually move around for the most part but there are still a fair deal of turret bosses.

They added customization of the Gradius weapon upgrading so that's something.

While the game overall improves on the first game I wouldn't say it's far superior.

Maybe Dark Witch 3 will be decent.

I meant to say the level design ISN'T much better.

Sorry about that.

raise 4 million dollars to make 4 more pieces of concept art.

And if for some reason you do really want to play Dark Witch 2 you might want to consider the Steam version as it has an extra playable character over the 3DS version.

Dark Witch series seems hella lame. Seems like not worth your time. RKS is pretty cool though. Hope they make a third game now. Maybe if sales are strong enough?

Unless WOMI lets the team that did the translation of this, and are doing the translation of the sequel basically take over I don't see it happening.

He seems perfectly content to draw titty monsters all day.

Honestly. It doesn't seem so good. But I'm only judging based on what I seen.

Oh hey look it's another Mega Man 2 ripoff and this time with shit waifus, terrible music and horribly butchered German to boot.

Pass.