Digital Foundry Resident Evil 7

youtube.com/watch?v=z6-rtBC0NG4

>1080p / Rock Solid 60 FPS on PS4/XB1
>2240x1260p / Rock Solid 60 FPS on PS4 Pro

>PC has same texture/lighting/shadow quality the as PS4/Pro version.

>The only thing that consoles miss out on are the glitchy reflections and per object motion blur

To get 60fps at 1400p on PC, to match close to what PS4 Pro gets you need a PC that easily costs triple it, at least a GTX970-980

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uM523jjrvf4
youtube.com/watch?v=I-rE0Qul7II
youtube.com/watch?v=aQu-4-hPS-E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>It's yet another "LE CONSOLE WAR GUYS XDD" thread
Grow up already pedro

It's nice to see capcom returning to solid 60fps as a standard in games other than fighters.

bigger question is
what kind of retarded as resolution is 1400p? standard QHD is 1440p
and please, I took the bait, but my god man, grow a spine and realize its poor optimization

>video just says its best on PC
Then there's you.

Of course it's best on PC.

But every dollar you spend over 399 that someone did for PS4 Pro, you're getting serious diminishing returns for your investment.

There are people right now playing on 2k dollar PC rigs, that are at best, getting a teency bit of extra sparkle for their money at best and that's it.

PC gaming is dead thanks to Pro. No reason to swap back to PC late in the console gens anymore. Just trade in and upgrade your console for far cheaper than any PC gamer can upgrade their rig for.

The Pro is good value. But I prefer my PC for stuff like emulation and shitposting.

>PC has same texture/lighting/shadow quality the as PS4/Pro version

I seriously hope you don't believe this.

More to the point consoles use temporal anti-aliasing which blurs the image.

>2240x1260p***************** on PS4 Pro

Your retarded argument relies on the literally no one who is debating whether he should buy a PC to play the game at 4k or some shit or a PS4 pro which runs the game like shit. For this game only keep in mind.

You're a sad guy grasping this hard, this game isn't even good and it costs very little to build a PC that would shit on your toaster console.

>The only thing that consoles miss out on are the glitchy reflections and per object motion blur
Wow I had no idea the PS4 supports 144 Hz monitors.

It does. DF tested and confirmed. Lighting, Shadows and texture resolution was identical across the versions.

I use temporal on my rig. SMAA and FXAA are shit and don't remove temporal aliasing, aka, the worst aliasing.

Downsampled + temporal is literally the best you can do, and PS4 Pro does that.

144hz is better

Actually try watching the video.

This entire thread can be summarized with

>I'm too poor to afford a PC so i can hate on it

It's ok to play on console, but bashing on PC just because you don't want to spend 2k for gaming makes you look like a poorfag.

I bought my PC for around 1400 dollars.

I have used my PC to make over 10 grand.

It also plays games.

"Shitty ROI"

Lol retard. Consoles don't make you any money ever, they are not an investment.

But that is the resolution it runs at. They then use a scaler past that to make it '''''''''''''''4k'''''''''''''''

PS4 Pro is good value. Downsampling console for 399 bucks?

>10 grand

WOOW user, that's like, a tenth of my annual income

high roller here

So what if I own a PS4 Pro, and a PC like pic related?
Also RE has been shit for a decade why are you still buying into this garbage?

PS: Kill yourself brand loyalist cunt faggot dick waffle.

I just bought a PS4 Slim.

Did I make a poor decision or should I have gotten a PS4 Pro?

I already have a PC. I just wanted a PS4 for the entire Kingdom Hearts collections, KH3, and Gravity Rush 2. Plz no bully.

The game has an unlocked framerate though.
I'm playing it at 144fps on my PC.

>Lighting, Shadows and texture resolution was identical across the versions
Yeah no. Consoles typically use the medium-high settings of those while PC edges out in ultra settings by adding minute extra detail.

>Downsampled + temporal is literally the best you can do, and PS4 Pro does that.
And it's easy as fuck for a PC to do that as well. If you use cheap post processing and only medium-high settings modern PCs laugh at the demand.

It is when you enable high quality AA, use other frame draining post processing and opt for ultra settings that you see massive drops in frames. It is true you will get better image quality for less money on consoles as they sell at a loss and make up for it by charging for online and higher prices on games but just remember at the end of the day they are now very close to PCs in overall design and you can just go out to the shops, buy an RX 470 and now you have a PS4 Pro.

There's really no need for these threads.

For those games, PS4 slim is better.

I have a 120hz monitor and a GTX1080

I willingly choose to play it at 60. 120 is a meme I only ever notice for desktop use because of smoother mouse cursor. That's it.

>Im a faggot making shit up on the internet.
You don't own a GTX 1080. You don't own a 100hz+ display (120hz lol what a faggot, 144hz for monitors)

Fuck off and die.

>Over 10 grand

Really gets those neurons firing.

Not to mention the entire point of this thread is saving money, now you are pretending money doesn't matter.

>Hurr I'm not the same person

Then don't respond retard.

>better in pc now
>and keeps getting better as hardware evolve
>you fell for the ps4 pro meme

Well it's your thing if you chose you waste money on a 120hz monitor and then proceeded not to take advantage of it.
First person games always look much smoother at higher framerates though, since the camera moves quite a lot more than other genres.

>pc gaming is dead
>because of ps4 pro
I can pay 20% off on AAA games day one and then play them online without hitting an extra paywall. My pc will also always be supported and always run the newest games at a high fps and framerate.
>exclusives
youtu.be/uM523jjrvf4
Enjoy em :)

Yes, it performs much better and doesn't cost that much more.

>Yeah no. Consoles typically use the

No. Resident Evil 7 uses the highest spec setting on PC for it's textures and lighting. PC has the option to merely step down from there.

Watch the video, maybe. PS4 streams in textures slightly alter than PC, it misses out on the awful reflections I turned off anyway, the per object motion blur and that's it.

PC literally only has 120fps as a possible "advantage" you can list. Is that worth more than 399? I don't know.

lmfao at your life, son.

It's good value, it's just not better than a PC for like 100 bucks more, which can also do other shit besides game

I'm more than happy with my shitty original PS4 I picked up for 150 bucks. If I cared about graphics I wouldn't be playing on consoles, and making a thread claiming them to be on par with computers is just dumb.

>get 60fps at 1400p on PC, to match close to what PS4 Pro gets you need a PC that easily costs triple it, at least a GTX970-980
my computer is old and still does that for less than 1200

Why would you buy a console or PC for Resident Evil 7 of all shitty games?

Yes I do.

The video literally proves everything you've said wrong except frame rate which is completely uncapped.

>ignoring mods too

You're such a pleb.

>create a $1000 rig
>lasts you several years
>every once in a while upgrade some parts
>mobos usually last you a fucking decade
>an i7 or a good cpu will last you just as long
>only expensive thing is a gpu
>if you invest wisely and dont buy garbage, you can make your gpu last supe rlong
>a 1070 will last you 2 or more generations

fuck my 770 is still playing the newest games at least at medium to high

Sony promised that all games will work on either console going forward, but you've gotta remember that we're in the early access generation. They'll work, but they'll be playable on pro.

>PC literally only has 120fps as a possible "advantage" you can list
resolution?

What's even better is that I got it on sale. $50 off, plus a copy of Uncharted that I can probably trade off for something else.

>which can also do other shit besides game

I love this meme. That every PC gamer is also a pro video editor, cg effects artist, game designer, architect, sound engineer and all the other shit.

Fuck off. Most of everyone's digital jobs are done on server loaded workstations these days and shitty laptops and macs. You spent over 1000 dollars to play shitty post 2000 digital toys.

Let me guess, arbitrary resolution and mods don't count.

i wish my shit desk could hold my rig

fucking have it on a platform on the floor

not to mention
>don't have to pay $50 a year for online
a PS3 costed you nearly an extra $400 providing you wanted to access your own internet while you played it

i meant 360 before im corrected

>1260p

Dude, that's lower than 1440p, a resolution even a fucking AMD 480 does.

>unironic trump faggot
Bet you like black cocks too, don't you fagoo?

only problem with consoles is the fact that they will eventually get old and devs will stop creating games for them.

PC lasts you forever.

this is coming from an idort who owns a ps4, xbone, vita, 3ds, and a wii

PC version got mad stutter tho

>created $1500 rig (2013, GTX680)
>was told it would outlast PS4, beat it for it's lifecycle
>was told I didn't need to spend any further money on upgrades, since I already spent a hefty amount compared to a 399 PS4
>PS4 REGULAR runs the game better than me

End this shitty meme.

>hurf blurf mah PC such good value, you spend 2000 bucks but that's okay it'll last forever and definitely won't get outclassed by a 399 console in 2 years, just buy another 1500 dollar rig upgrade then and beat it further what's the problem user? :3

PC gaming is no longer necessary. The moment Sony and Xbox choose to sell a mouse and keyboard with a future console and let you install development apps, it's all over red rover.

Jesus Christ will you stop fucking trolling already?

You have no ability to vary your settings on consoles, you have to actually pay for online, you can't swap parts to improve or repair your system and you commonly have to pay more for the games. I'd hardly call that a good deal unless there are some really good exclusives available for a particular console. This has been the case for all of the above for at least 3 years now.

If you want your system to be cheaper and pre-built but suffer all of the other disadvantages that's up to you. Now stop posting these garbage threads

Is Sup Forums left-wing now that we have a right-wing government?

>PC lasts you forever.
You know that's not how it works, user.
You gotta upgrade your PC every few years if you wanna play the new games for it.
A CPU just lasts a little longer than a console cycle before it's too slow, graphic cards are phased out even faster.

>That every PC gamer is also a pro video editor, cg effects artist, game designer, architect, sound engineer and all the other shit.
When did I say this? I'm just talking using it to browse, watch videos, skype etc. But yeah, if you did want to do any of those things you need a good PC, which is a plus.

You can technically do that menial stuff on a console too now but it's a pain in the ass

>You spent over 1000 dollars
no didn't
>Fuck off.
rude

Son, what kind of shit monitor is that? It looks like cheap korean trash. Rest of the setup is rather nice but I still completely disagree with you.

Not once have I ever had the desire to lock my framerate and I have a 144hz 1440p, and a 100hz ultrawide 1440p. More frames is ALWAYS a better, smoother image to me.

This. My roomates playing on his PS4 and though mine looks a bit better on PC, It's hitching out the ass, especially now that I got to the old house area

stable 30 or 60fps > any stuttering imo

This place is riddled with 18 something college students looking for a free handout

They'll always be leftists

Both PC and XBOX version have motion blur.

>More frames is ALWAYS a better
If you manage to get them stable, sure.
If I keep dropping to 60 from a variable 120fps then I'd much rather lock to 60 and let my eyes get used to it so I don't notice the slowdowns.

PC will never die. It will always beat consoles forever.

sure, you wont always be able to afford it, but it will outclass any system.

what? you think devs developer games on a ps4?

Even then though, the Pro isn't doing so hot and I doubt devs will bother wasting development time optimizing for the Pro when a majority have the standard edition.

>rendering 4 walls at a time it can look really good

It's just /reddit/ ignore them.

you could say the exact same thing for consoles

>new console comes out every 4-5 years
>new gpu's come out every 4-5 years
>consoles use these GPU's for their systems, but usually the low tier versions.

You can, that's why I think the argument that PCs last forever compared to console is complete bullshit.
They both stop getting support after a few years, don't trick yourself into believing otherwise.

>MFW I just realized I can finally play Let it Die too

This purchase just keeps getting better and better

Wait, so the PS4 Pro is at 1260p. That's in between 1080p and 1440p. According to the Guru3D benchmarks the RX 470 gets 86fps at 1080 maxed, and 52fps maxed at 1440p. So that's about 69fps at 1260 give or take. So... the results make sense? I mean everyone's compared the Pro to a 470 from the very beginning.

Nah PC will always be the only place to get mods and games with depth, also PC isn't even thriving because it's winning the Sup Forums meme war, it's mostly the ludicrous money that MOBAs and shit bring in

Consoles will always be for casuals and kids

I have two 980 Ti's they still boss everything I play so that isnt much of an issue. I may actually skip the 1080 Ti since the 980's are holding up so fucking well. 3440x1440? almost no games dip under 100fps. Forza cause it doesn't support SLI, but hey maybe this w10 game mode will fix that.

ps4 also got VR. unless you want like a 10% graphics increase, ps4 is the way to go with RE7

WHERE'S THE TORRENT.

>I have two 980 Ti's
>Release Date: June 2, 2015
>top of the line
>two of them

That doesn't disprove my point in any way, are you retarded.

The 470 performs almost like the 970 and it's 150 bucks.

>Buy Nvidia
>Surprised your shit is worthless now
>Meanwhile people with 290's are still enjoying everything and have been for years

I-it just werks

>if I cared about graphics
Then what is the point of the shitty thread?

>>Meanwhile people with 290's are still enjoying everything and have been for years
You can go as far as 7950s man

>Native 4k
>144hz

Call me when PS4 pro can do either of these

What bullshit did you get suckered into buying to spend that much and get so little?

I think actually consoles are for you.

>Then what is the point of the shitty thread?
I didn't make the thread, and that wasn't my point anyway.

My point was that you shouldn't be boasting about graphics when you play on console, as they are always going to outclassed by a PC

Thinking about picking up this game.
How dissimilar is it to Resident Evil in general? Is it anything at all like the previous ones (other than 6)?

>Meanwhile people with 290's are still enjoying everything and have been for years

I don't like NVIDIA either but you shouldn't lie to make AMD look better

>People say for a year now that the PS4 will get 470 performance
>DF confirms it does
>People act like this is new information and start shitposting

Er, PS4 Pro I mean. Everything mentioned in the video makes sense according to the Pro's leaked specs. I dont get why people are shitposting over facts that have been known forever now.

>Resident Evil 7 runs on PS4 Pro with 1656p resolution which is being scaled up to 2160p in 4K-Mode.
youtube.com/watch?v=I-rE0Qul7II

>The latest Resident Evil title runs approx 2880x1620p on the PS4Pro
youtube.com/watch?v=aQu-4-hPS-E

Yeah but he was not trying to argue consoles are forever

p / Rock Solid 60 FPS on PS4/XB1
>XB1
Not it's not. XB1 verison runs like shit.

no-one bought it?
huh. go figure.

>controls are so bad there's a button dedicated to turning around

Why because you're a poor faggot? Does it make you salty that I have a 6700k gtx 1070 micro atx system hooked up to my tv? Or that I have a 6700HQ 1070 laptop as well?

And a ps4 pro, ps4, xbone, wii u, vita, 3ds, etc. I like vidya, if I can have it with amazing visuals and silky smooth FPS that's even better.

bro you dumb

Not him but it seems like you're a stupid bastard who likes burning money instead

I play my games in 3440x1440 @ 100fps. There is absolutely a reason to go PC. You're just a poor fag. Consoles get some great games, I enjoy them. But PC is always the best experience for multi plats.

>Japs don't care about utilizing PC's to their full potential

Wow, shocker. Just like the PC port of DaS that needed a fix to make it tolerable.

my 970 meme card runs it smoothly at about 85-95 though with no drops on max settings, so i dont know where that graph is coming from

>im jelly
That's nice poorfag. why don't you stop being a salty cunt and do something with your life so you can enjoy vidya like I do? My life is better than yours, do something about it rather than be a bitch.

damn user, maybe I should take my time machine back to 2013 and spend 500 dollars to get a even worse computer and still more than PS4 costs.

GTX680 I bought when it was top of the line, everyone shitposting about how amazing it was and PS4 IS FUKKEN FINISHED ITS OVA etc.

I spent 1500 on that rig. That includes mouse and keyboard since I need to actually use the PC.

I got fucking memed on, and I'm still getting memed on.

Yeah, sure, someone right now is spending 600 dollars in AMERICA to get cheap ricer foxconn teir parts in their PC to just narrowly beat PS4 Pro, sure.

That's great, real great.

Value in PC gaming is fucking awful. 1080p is good enough, 60fps is good enough. Why the fuck should I care about anything beyond that? For years I heard nothing but PC whiners screaming in the wind "LMAO PS3 CANT DO 1080p 60FPS THE GOD GOLDEN STANDARD LMAO@URLIFE"

Well PS4 Pro does it, for 399. Nope, not good enough anymore. 120fps (I've seen it, literally didn't even notice it) and 4k (literally only viable for desktop monitors your sitting 30 cm from to even notice)

I swapped to PC beginning of this gen despite my best judgement, and never again.I spent 1500 3 years ago, to have to struggle playing PS4 ports that the people who spent 399 then are playing just fine.

They are probably misinformed, Eurogamer and Digital Foundry are more credible.

>that projection

>GTX680 I bought when it was top of the line, everyone shitposting about how amazing it was and PS4 IS FUKKEN FINISHED ITS OVA

Nice lie going on there. The 680 was outdated by the time the PS4 launch m8, the 700 series launched before the PS4 was released.

>Well PS4 Pro does it, for 399

For one game where the developers weren't complete inbred morons.
Keep getting cucked out of 60fps and native resolutions while I'm running 1440p60 or 4K

pcfatty btfo