Taking all optional content and DLC into consideration...

Taking all optional content and DLC into consideration, is this objectively the hardest game amongst the "soulsborne" titles?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uRmulbXOoJ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Probably
Though the later chalice dungeons alone are the hardest sections in the series, forcing you to half health and throwing shitloads of enemies down tight corridors was stupid.

Even excluding chalice dungeons, I would argue it's still the most difficult. Mostly just due to Orphan.

It depends on who you ask. A lot of people found Ludwig more difficult than Orphan. On my first DLC playthrough, I beat Ludwig first try and took about 20 for Orphan, more than twice the amount I've ever taken to kill any other boss in the series. Next run I died to living failures twice but beat Ludwig, Maria and Orphan on the first go.

It's hard to say because I've gotten so used to each game

O&s is probably the only boss that still gives me fits so I still think dark souls 1 is fairly difficult. Bloodborne and 3 are way too easy now.

FUCK YOU BURNING WATCHDOG CUT MY STAT IN HALF WILL YOU AND FUCKING STUPID MOVESET YOU BACKSTEP IMMEDIATELY AFTER ATTACKING SO IF I DODGE I DONT GET TO ATTACK EVER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

How do you have trouble with them after doing DS3 and BB? The speed of enemies in those games should make biggie smalls a cakewalk for you now.

>I've gotten so used to the games
>O&S still gives me fits
kek

OP has clearly never tried to get to the optional frigid outskirts in the crown of the ivory king dlc DS2.

No.
The chalice dungeons are hard. The main game itself, not so much.

How would you rank them?

It was my first soulsborne game, I thought it was the easiest. Or rather, it's the game that I'm the best at.

Compared to both games your character also moves much slower. DaS in general has a much slower pace so there's still kind of a learning curve when switching back.

>O&s is probably the only boss that still gives me fits
>dying to meme bosses

True, but then the enemies are also much slower. The arena also has pillars to use.

I loved the original Dark Souls so I thought I'd give this a try, not anywhere near as good is it? Not enough gear to make it interesting and those trick weapon things just feel like a gimmick, I can't remember when it was ever beneficial to use my weapon's second form.

Then again, I only got like 1/10th of the way through before I got deadly bored

that area is bullshit, but it's not nearly as hard as the chalice dungeons or dlc areas in bloodborne
killed the boss there on first try anyway

Get the rakuyo
without shaman bone blade

No, Dark Souls 2 is because it literally dogpiles enemies at you to raise the difficultly artificially.

I was the exact opposite. Ludwig took me 20 or so tries and I beat Orphan on my first try. I seem to always be the opposite though because I beat 4kings on my first try as well.

>red spiders

Depth 5 chalice dungeons do this while halfing your health and buffing the enemies attack power making normal trash mob enemies literally 1 shot you.

Clearly you never played chalice dungeons

I see the BIDF is here while missing the point of my post.

I'm somewhat similar, Ludwig and Orphan didn't really trouble me.
Laurence on the other hand, fuck him.

Why is everyone having so much trouble with orphan? I find his movement quite predictable. Nameless King fucks me up way more than anything in Bloodborne.

No. Just different play style

What? So you never even played BB yet still say DS2 is the hardest, then cry about a defense force that was criticising the game they were supposedly defending? You're a complete fucking retard.

Because you clearly never played depth 5 CRF chalice dungeons that literally dogpile enemies at you to raise the difficulty artificially.

Erratic movement, very fast, large range.

Cursed chalice dungeon really put your reaction times and observation skills to the test

Are you retarded? Re-read my previous post very carefully.

Laurence was the hardest boss for me excluding maybe Headless Bloodletting beast in the depth 5 before the queen. That boss is literally broken though because his camera is garbage and his hitboxes are laughably terrible. In order to beat headless you have to hope he just keeps spamming the poison bees attack while you chip away at his health. If he decides to just stay on top of you and spam that 2 swipe combo followed by the 360 stomp then you're fucked.

Wtf do people mean by artificial difficulty? Isn't it all a test of skill? Like wtf?

>that user was calling DS2 the hardest because From could only think of making MORE enemies to throw at you and nothing else
>you legitimately think he was praising the game for this when it was clear he was doing the opposite
Are you an autistic?

They mean people programmed the challenges into the game with code and computers and other scientific voodoo, rather than farming whole grain organic natural difficulty.

This is an artificial shitpost.

I farm HBLB for abyssals. It's a ridiculously easy boss when you've fought it a few times. His moveset is easy to exploit.

>you legitimately think he was praising the game
I don't think that, nor did I say it
Are you retarded?

>I didn't think that
I'm looking at your post, and you legitimately believing I was being serious. Yes, you are indeed retarded and autistic.

Nah. Making parries ranged; low cost and replenishable with health; completely safe; putting runes in the game that made viscerals restore health and bullets; and making damn near everything in the game vulnerable to them, including bosses, really fucked up the difficulty.

Learned timing for the interrupts on the first enemies in the game, especially that huge mob around the bonfire, and that carried over to everything else. Spent the rest of the game shitting on everything with pistol shots and Cane stabs.

I'd probably say Dark Souls 2 is the most difficult consistently even if it's for bullshit reasons half the time. It fell victim to the "SO DIFFICULT, BRO" meme. I hated the game, but credit where it's due.

Defiled Chalice Dungeons in BB are the worst/hardest thing in all of Souls, but that's only because they half your health which is more than likely OHK territory. The actual mobs are still piss easy and negligible thanks to the interrupt+visceral combos. It's just the bosses have attacks that are difficult to dodge or getting clipped fucking you over.

Artificial difficulty is a meme. It doesnt hold any meaning on Sup Forums as its never used correctly here.

Nothing but mistruths and deceit in this post. There is no consistent way to beat headless blb.

I have no idea how. If you lock onto him with the camera you're targeted at center mass making it impossible to see fucking anything and if you remain unlocked he constantly spins around and does that stomp move which is essentially a death sentence if he hits you with it because it takes so long to recover from it that he's got a guaranteed follow up with that double swipe move.

Stick by his legs and use a serrated/fire weapon. Easy.

Yeah, I don't get it either. I still haven't gotten the timing perfectly down. No boss in bloodborne gives me any issues anymore, but o&s are still difficult

Yeah, no. It took me three hours of attempts doing just that and when I finally beat him it was pure luck.

Why do you lock on to him???

I had more trouble with the Loran Darkbeast. shit camera and made the frame rate chug whenever he did his lightning powerup.

fuck that trash boss

No, it'd be Dark Souls 2.
Very lopsided difficulty.

I'd say Bloodborne is the second easiest, with DeS taking the top spot.

Easiest, not hardest.

>mocks DS2 because it has no depth or creativity with enemy placement to raise the difficulty of the game via disingenuous methods
>immediately interjects defending BB
>can't catch onto what he's talking about
>"N-no you are the dumb one"
Are all BBfags this stupid? Literally how they place enemies and NPCs is one of DS2's biggest issues holy shit.

I found DS1 and DeS to be equally difficult.

The difficulty in this game is a meme, it's basically giving each boss some epic attack with a huge shockwave and a broken hitbox that can 1-shot you and fags eat it up as "wow its so hard!! xD!".
Other games had this, I know, but it wasn't to this extent.

>it took me three hours to beat this boss and I still didn't get it
lmao this is like saying it took you three hours to learn how to press l2 against gwyn

>second easiest
>with shit like defiled hotdog and loran darkbeast in the game
wat

Would I be correct in saying Artorias was (relatively) easy for you whereas Manus pushed your shit in?

Well, I farm it, so I guess I've just had a lot of practice fighting against it.
Also beat it at BL4

hotdog is only hard if you have no patience. Stay in front of him and he can never hit you.
Loran Darkbeast is again hard mostly because of framerate/camera issues, being aggressive and staying under him works well.

BB has the hardest bosses. sometimes the difficulty comes from stupid shit (camera, fps, randomly stuck, etc.)
DS2 has the hardest areas. sometimes the difficulty comes from stupid shit (invincible enemies, too many enemies, shrine of amana)

Not him, but I agree both with Ludwig being harder and Manus being harder.
Something about flailing beast bosses just makes them a pain for me.

Still harder than anything in any of the other games.

It's not even remotely similar. Learning the timing of one button press compared to maneuvering around a bullshit boss with a malicious camera are two very different tasks.

Flamelurker gives me PTSD still. Orphan was easy compared to that for me.

I had more trouble with Fume, Gwyn without parrying, Champion Gundyr my first time and Pontiff. And maybe even some other ones.
Granted, I've played Bloodborne last, but it felt decidedly easier than the others.

>a bullshit boss
there you go again
get good and it won't be a problem friendo

Flamelurker was kind of silly. I tried for hours to beat him. Then I went and got the purple flame shield and beat him on my next attempt with no trouble.

>flamelurker
>a little bitch if you use magic
Unfortunately, it's one of those bosses that's only hard for particular builds. Orphan is hard for every build, can't just stand back and spam magic at it.

This, he's definitely hard the first time you fight him but when you stick to his legs and avoid his slam the saw cleaver/spear tear him apart.

I wouldn't consider any of those tougher than loran darkbeast. The speed and range is just bullshit.

That's generally the trend I've noticed. I'm personally on the Ludwig/Manus is easier side and until I figured out there was that trend I'd always be really fucking perplexed when people said the opposite. I think I only managed to beat Artorias through abusing the fact one of the AoE pyromancy spells had you crouch down which made his charge slash whiff.

Used heavy soldier build and got raped by both the Penetrator and Flamelurker despite several hours of attempts.

>beat bosses like ludwig, maria, orphan my first/second try
>bosses like chalice rom, defiled amygdala, and abhorrent beast push my shit in

I was getting fucked on flamelurker on melee. But if you use purple flame shield, sticky white stuff, crescent falchion or magic, it's not hard. Penetrator unfortunately I fought far too late in the game and it was a disappointingly easy fight.

That's a pretty common perception. It feels a lot easier because you're a lot faster and everything is a lot smoother. Except framerate.

I remember him being hyper aggressive. I'd have thought the only good way to range magic him down was the skeleton glitch otherwise you'd be imitating Sonic for half the fight.

Please list the epic huge shockwave broken hitbox 1-shot attack for every boss.

Colossus was also a bitch.

>abhorrent beast
God I fucking hate that thing.

Nope

The Three Mountains achievement of EU4, only 2-3 people have actually completed it legitimately. Required to 100% the game.

They also exploited bugs no longer in the game, though I've heard newer updates theoretically made it easier to do legitimately.

Note: no one has ever completed it with the AI on Very Hard mode.

Poison darts

>O&S
>Difficult
How?

That fucking sickle bastard gave me shitloads of trouble. Hardest boss in the game for me.

I thought most people had trouble with defiled amygdala. I personally found it to be the toughest fight in the game, not necessarily because it was challenging, but because standing still didn't seem to work for me all the time when it leapt in the air, so the last third of the fight came down to luck.

Doesn't work on the second one or when fighting FRC

>Every boss that has a jump attack or a charging attack can 1 shot you and the hitboxes are utter garbage (Ebby and Ludwig are prime examples)

I forgot, this game is GOTY and has no flaws, right?

Defiled Amyg is a fucking bitch. Just use LHB with the L2 overhead and then cheese the last third of the fight

What?

youtube.com/watch?v=uRmulbXOoJ8

You start off as a tiny isolated island off the coast of Japan, and then have to conquer the entire world before the timer runs out.

Ebrietas was nerfed and if her charge one shots you then your health is too low, that's on you and your build.

Ludwig is the same thing. Dude I fought NG+ Ludwig the first time I fought him and I still didn't get one shotted and I wasn't over leveled at all. Still at level 120.

The only time I got one shotted was when I was underleveled or in defiled dungeons.

Sounds like you haven't actually played the game that much or that you were really bad at it. Either way it's not the fault of the game.

EU4 isn't a souls game

Kek

I hate the Gargoyle boss thing. Had no idea it had a fire weakness and died to that fucker maybe dozens of times in a handful of moments.and forgot about the summons while getting knocked over the ledge every time the second one showed up.

The difficulty in the better souls games comes from a mix of level design, enemy placement, and combat mechanics. Shittier iterations (DS2 basically) just throw a shit ton of enemies at you at once. Both types of games are difficult but one takes more finesse that the other and is more enjoyable to play.

Not him, but Ebbys' charge also has retarded hitboxes and can hit you more than once. My jaw hit the floor the first time she hit me so I started to fly off to the side of her, but then I was slammed back the other way.

Oh I thought OP said hardest game period.

That always happened to me on his last phase, first two phases standing still and charging an R2 to hit his head when he landed always worked but once he ripped is arms off suddenly standing still didn't always work. I thought maybe it had to do with something like if he jumped while you were too close to him he wouldn't always land correctly or something but I'm not sure.

Yup level 5 chalice plus dlc

Never had an issue with it since they've patched her. Not that I don't believe you, I've had that happen with other enemies attacks, I just don't think it's actually that common.