Do you still play PS2 Sup Forums?

Do you still play PS2 Sup Forums?

What games have you been playing?

I've been playing Klonoa 2 and Digital Devil Saga.

I play some re4 and devil my cry

may whoops

I still play some ratchet and clank and silent hill on mine

Radiata Stories
Psychonauts
Dragon Quest

>console video output is shit with barely any 480p-enabled games
>emulation is still buggy and inconsistent

Whys it gotta be so hard to play PS2 games? ;_;

I fucking miss that fat ps2. My slim looked like shit in comparison to its glory

I recently got a fat ps2, dont know what to do with it. Im too dumb for piracy

I only emulate now, my PS2 makes scary noises.

crash nitro kart, really wish i had someone to play with

maybe you should *gasp* get some games for it

I'm too poor though

Who here owns one of these?

Just me then

Plebs

What is that?

PS2 emulation is shit. Since I got Free Mcboot and Open PS2 loader, it really breathed some life into it.
Currently playing Xenosaga.

Abso-fucking-lutly.
Granted the last PS2 game I played was on the PS4 but I still have my backwards compatible PS3 and I have a pretty decent PS2 collection.

The PS2 produced one of the largest and best libraries in gaming. It was a time before all the practices that people hate about gaming existed and making a game didn't always make or break a company so they took more risks and tried to get innovative. Weren't PS2 games only $40? I kinda miss the simplicity of back then.

2bh just a TV with built-in PS2

Hoping I can sell it for a lot of money one day

Sony released a TV with a PS2 built into it back in 2010

PCSX2 is amazing

get a memory card with free mcboot installed on it off ebay, it's pretty much plug and play

>tfw my local game store has a fuckton of PS2 games.

>tfw all the Shin Megami Tensei games are cheap

>buys them and other games

>every game is complete and the discs are scratch free

>guy there gives me a discount, offers me some free PS2 games

got tons of rare games for a decent price

Is it HD?

HD ready

>radiata stories
You're all good with me friend

The PS2 still has the best catalogue. Proof me wrong.

Softmodding is easier than hooking the thing up.

Holy fuck is it any good? What's the picture quality like?

Does it upscale PS2 games like the BC PS3? Because if it does I might invest in one.

Same here. I'm looking for some component cables to buy for my regular HD tv. I really want to play ps2 again but not with a fresh coat of blur and shit resolution splashed on.

Making sub 17 passes all weekend

Unfortunately not

debate this, faggot.

Thanks for letting me know. I guess I'll just have to take care of my PS3.

I have a few hundred PS2 games, but I only play the Ace Combat games, plus Warship Gunner 2.

>2010
god damn I forgot how long they kept the PS2 going

He's right though, it does.

I pray to god emulation actually catches up so I can play ps2 games again. Otherwise, I'm gonna search eBay and have to spend like 50 bucks to get a fatty and some games.

Til then, I'll shill the psn store for a bit of nostalgia here and there.

>What games have you been playing?

Dark Cloud and Ape Escape 2 recently.

I'm surprised that the games are largely the same, bugs and all. I love messing around with broken daggers making every weapon OP.

I need to, but no.

Bought a PS2 last year at a thrift store and found out it was chipped. So I don't even need FreeMCBoot anymore. I do need to get the drive looked at, though (the eject mechanism is kind of slow).

Been playing Dynasty Warriors 2 and DDR SuperNova

I have it sitting here on my desk but I'm too lazy to switch my monitor cables all the time, literally only reason I don't play it

Damn straight, PS2 is my all-time favourite console. Just can't beat that controller.

>What games have you been playing?
I've recently done Drakengard and once I've finished 3 on the PS3 I'm gonna go back and play Drakengard 2.

I play my PS2 more than both my PC and my PS4 combined. I've also got more games on PS2 than PS4. Still got an old silver slim model.

I just got done playing the Punisher PS2 game because I wanted some run n' gun action.

You don't have retro game stores in your town? PS2 fats go for like 40 bucks and both of the local retro game stores in my town offer a free game under 20 bucks with purchase, and like 80% of PS2 games are still under 20 bucks.

i saw a brand new PS4, half the price of my GPU... I'm in doubt.

HELP ME, BROTHERS!

If you're asking strangers for help about how to spend your money you're beyond helping.

If you're down between a GPU and a PS4 and you aren't making decisions you're also not playing video games.

okami and zone of the enders 2

Look at the system's library and decide if it's something you'll be interested in getting. Simple as that.

I hope you're counting multiplats there and you're not one of those "multiplats aren't actual games" fags.

I have been playing Toukiden for PS4 and was thinking if I should play original MH for ps2.
Other than that, I have played Dark Chronicle and Dragon Quest and Ape Escape 3 lately.
Oh, also, how necessary is it to play .Hack games in order? I have only the 1st one which is Infection, but if I get like 3rd afterwards before I can find second one?

This makes me hard

VF4 Evo and Tenkaichi 3 for something quick and fun

i really want to play BB and Uncharted, but that's all. might as well wait till the end of generation, like i did w/ ps3

Gettin games i missed back then. What else should i get guys?

Surprisingly you can get a lot of the PS2 SMT games new/sealed for like 20 bucks on Amazon

I still have my PS2 as well as all my games and my PS1 games. I need to play MGS but I just haven't done it yet, I played through DQ8 awhile ago, it's an amazing game holy shit.

Where's Digital Devil Saga 1?

Get Klonoa 2, Persona 3 FES, Persona 4 and Disgaea.

In 2016 I finally attempted to complete FF12. I went from 10h level 7. To 60+h
Still havnt finished the game was grinding for days and just forgot.
Might play it some other day

>Baroque

My nigga.

>Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies
>Eternal Ring
>Shinobi
>Tokyo Xtreme Racer series

Go for these too.

Why didn't you wait one more year to buy the Zodiac HD remaster this year? You literally waited and waited until the last minute and then played the vastly inferior version.

Don't you just find it amazing at the lengths people have gone to try to argue that this is a legitimate concern? I've seen articles, essay length posts, one or two videos, and constant crying and bitching.

I find it completely fucking irrelevant. There are a lot of reasons to pick a council and why not buy one, like what games are and aren't on that system, but what games are everywhere? Over reaching.

yes, i love my PS2
playing it at least once a week.

I don't even understand what you're saying or if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me, but okay.

Yeah, I don't understand why people dislike multiplats. More people playing good games = good.

I destroyed all my discs when I was a kid so I recently started collecting again.

rate it Sup Forums

>those white spines and blue cases
Yuck. Pal cases?

yea, some people prefer it, most people like US spines more.
at least EU got superior Wii U spines.

>Gettin games i missed back then. What else should i get guys?
>killer 7
>PS2 version
You must have the patience of a god

Playing devil may cry 2 and mk shoalin monks.

Pretty shit. Nice PSP port there.

Klonoa 2, Katamari and Okami are all fantastic
the rest is ~okay

Not really. There's a gamestop in my home town and they've already stopped selling Wii U's so, no dice. Besides, they'd overcharge for it.

I think there's another gaming store in the mall but I've not really taken a ton of time to go check it out, tho iirc, they had a bunch of "retro games", so I'd assume they've probably got a ps2 somewhere.

There are also a few pawn shops, but they are in sketchy as fuck areas, or in the case of my hometown, overpriced and low quality.

Deu-schwuchtel needs to get alphabetical order in...order

I want buy ps3 to play ps1 and ps2 games, but I hear the system is pretty fragile.

at some point they were in order, but i play them too frequently to keep it in order.

You'd spend less money getting a real ps2, unless you really want to play ps3 games as well.

Only the very first gen PS3 will play ps2 games, they will all play ps1 games tho.

Just demon souls and I do not want to deal with memory cards.

to be fair you can get HD collections much cheaper than the individual games on PS2.
and they usually look better.

You could get one on ebay.

>deal with memory cards
I've had a PS2 for over a decade and the memory card just sits in the slot. There's no "dealing" with it.

It's a shame it's the loudest thing on the planet. Still use mine, working since 2002, but the console is so ungodly loud.

It cant be louder the the og PS4.

I guess I should just get PS2.

I've got a ps2fat softmodded with a 500gb HD full of games I want to sell.
Where can I sell it? And what's it worth?

It's not as loud as the OG 360 or the OG PS3 fat.

Does anybody here have this thing? Does it work? I currently have component cables and am thinking of getting this, to "modernize" my ps2. Already have network adapter and some shitty wireless 3rd party controller.

Nothing compares to the original 360, when you couldn't install games and the disk spun constantly. It was hell.

Network adapter might be worth more than the console itself

>WHHMMMMMMMMMM
>MMMMMMMMMMMMM
>WEHHHH WEHHHH WEHHHH
>MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
>temp increases
>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's louder than both, I assure you.

The original 60gb PS3 is incredibly unreliable, which is a shame because it's beautiful. They cut back after that first model to save money.

I own all 3. The fat PS2 is loud, but my fat PS3 definitely takes the cake, and yes, I regularly disassemble and clean all of my consoles so it isn't clogged and dying sounds.

please go to your containment board

BURNOUT 3, BABY!

Holy fuck, How old are you kid?

Do you mean PS3? I have one of the first PS4s and it's whisper quiet outside of the very occasional machine whirring noise, which happens maaaaaybe once per six hour gaming session?

Hey faggot, the last PS2 game came out in 2014, get fucked.

wew

>a containment board for actual vidya/hardware discussion

Yeah, what a piece of shit thread, where are my goldface shitposting Switch/PS4 threads?!

user....

Yeah my og PS4 is nothing compared to my og PS3 which may die at any second