JANUARY GOTM

Now that the dust has settled, what was the best game in January?

I thought it was a really strong month assuming you own a certain piece of hardware, I'm having trouble deciding.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Fs5g-l0Bcss
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Gravity Rush 2 for me without question really.
Only other ones I really played were RE7, Berseria, and Yakuza 0 out of those though.

I've just recently purchased Monster Hunter Generations, and I'm liking it a lot

YEAH IT CAME OUT LAST YEAR, BUT IM PLAYING IT RIGHT NOW! FIGHT ME!

I'm having trouble deciding between Yakuza 0 and Miku. I bought GR2 but haven't gotten the chance to play it because the aforementioned games are fucking time vampires.

For The Players baby. Sony wins again.

Future Tone. Amazing deal for the content you get from it.

>most of these games are on the vita
>the vita does not require you to pay for online
I feel bad for anyone that fell for the PS4 meme.
>inb4 muh graphics
if you cared so much about graphics you'd be writing a petition right now :o)

>One of my favourite niche game characters actually came back after 15 years

Only shitters didn't buy Digimon

>tfw bought Gravity Rush 2, Project DIVA Future Tone, Yakuza 0, Atelier Shallie+ and Dragon Quest VIII 3DS
>tfw buying Nioh, Nier: Automata, and a Switch with Zelda/Bomberman/Puyo Puyo Tetris S/Dragon Quest Heroes I+II at launch

my poor wallet
my poor backlog

We all know your favorite games, but what was your LEAST favorite game of January so far?

For me, easily Resident Evil VII. It feels like one of those shitty "found footage" horror movies and hasn't got the Resident Evil identity. It's obvious Capcom made it to cash in on Silent Hills and because they can't afford to make another game like RE6 financially.

Link related, the REAL Resident Evill VII.
youtu.be/Fs5g-l0Bcss

It's obvious you didn't play it too.

DW Godseekers, and I say this as a fan of both DW and tactics games.

RE7 was pretty great. It was short but that's about the only real complaint I have for it.

Tie between KH 2.8 and RE7. Yakuza 0 is a close runner up.

>Not buying Persona 5

What's this on my desk then?

I just can't get into it. I think it's insulting to the legacy of Resident Evil. Here's hoping they only do games like this as a spin off in future and stick to the RE4/5/6 formula in future.

Yakuza 0

I was only mentioning shit that comes out in the next month. Nier and Nioh are both February, and Switch is March 3rd.

Of course I'm getting Persona 5. I'm also importing Ys VIII PS4 even though I already played it on Vita.

No one here has played all that shit. So they're going to just choose the one they're familiar with.

>A bunch of weebshit
>Resident Evil 7

Gee what a tough choice, op

If you have PS VR, it's REVII

tales of berseria is pretty fun

>Feeling superior over weebshit with retard safe modern horror
user.

Gonna have to go with future tone friendo, but I got it months ago : 3 still playing it every day.

>its not weebshit if I like it!
Oh, child.

RE7>Yakuza=Gravity Rush 2> Tales of edge=Digimon World Next Order> Kingdom hearts 3: Ground Zeroes> the rest

Prove me wrong.

Solid month though.

Godseekers is just a worse version of Dynasty Tactics

Kind of disappointing

Was it me or was KH 0.2 way too easy?

>Rushed throught the game in just over an hour on Proud
>Barely had trouble with the game

Yakuza 0 was the fucking tits. I'm not even done with it because I want that platinum. 150 hours in and I still need to eat all the shit around town. A true love letter for hardcore fans of the series, but it might put off new players looking to get into the series because 0 is just so damn good compared to the other ones.

Future Tone.
Y0 is a close 2nd

Liked Yakuza, Digimon and Fate/Extella
Not sure if I should play DQVIII since that last one for the 3DS bored me to death. Serious question, is it worth?

Resident Evil was shit.
Miku is shit.
I was never interested in Gravity Rush.
Have yet to try Tales.

Not for me. But if that's the case, try Critical, and fight the secret Shadow Aqua fight that you can now unlock

Sounds about right.

Miku is not "shit". Miku is love.

>A true love letter for hardcore fans of the series
Oh man, you need to play Ishin then. That's an even bigger love letter to hardcore fans of the series. It features so many characters from the series, minor and major.

>Miku is shit.
Do you like Rhythm games? I found Future Tone to be my favorite from that genre.

The thing is, I'm not even great at Kingdom Hearts. I started DDD on Proud and haven't beaten the first bosses, but on 0.2 I easily beat the game. I think it might just be the gameplay, I like how 0.2 plays like KH2 and not the games with Command Decks.

Yeah my real question was wether to try DQ or not.

I don't really care about your waifu.

So how's the costume stuff in KH? Is it just hats and shit or are there full on new outfits?

I'm kinda hoping I can give Sora his OG outfit in KH3. I hate the excessive black

I like Rhythm games, I don't like Miku.

But I wouldn't really shell out dosh for a rhythm game.

Yakuza 0 by a landslide. It's one of the best Yakuza's to date. Berseria is actually decent Tales for a change.

Digimon is underrated as fuck.

It's one of the most insanely original games on the PS4 and it's hard as fuck. Platinum will take you easily over 200 hours

Not that user, but from what I saw, it's minor stuff.

I assume that with KH3, you'll be able to use Sora's KH2 outfit, different world outfits whenever. I personally love his new design.

I can accept that. It's not for everyone.

Just ordered my copy. I loved Cyber Sleuth, I hope the next game plays like a more fleshed out version of that. Still can't wait for Next Order, I'm really enjoying the character designs this time.

but no one cares about your question and everyone loves miku ;)

I thought P5 came out this month though.

You can decorate Aqua with accessories you unlock and adjust the RBG color scheme for specific parts of her attire in general. They'll probably have something like Sora for that in KH3. It's purely for aesthetics as they have no gameplay effects, but it's a nice touch.

>I personally love his new design.

I guess I'm fine with it, I just don't like how it isn't based on Mickey anymore.

Be like this person. I bet he's actually likeable and gets laid.

Gravity Rush but I didn't play any of the others

I'd imagine I'd also really enjoy Project Diva and Yakuza. Maybe RE.

Yazuka
Beseria
Digimon
DQ8

Very nice month for me.

Isn't it basically a more polished version of the first Digimon World?

Yep.

There's no question that Tales of Berseria is the GOTM

Not, it got delayed to April. Japanese voices are now free DLC though.

And it was apparently because the English dub was so bad too.

It was a strong month for multiple pieces of hardware

I've bought Yakuza, Berseria and Kingdom Hearts. Will buy Digimon too but my favorite without a doubt is Yakuza.