So it's been a few months

So it's been a few months.
What's the consensus on this one?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=svnH2mmONiw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

could use more content but it's alright.

My mushroom men.

What kind of mods are these?

Its fun. The game was kind of fucked up before the patches started coming in in June last year because it would stop or prevent you with a bug/glitch from getting event messages.

I love it though.

First playthrough I made a human-centric anti-alien/super xenophobic militaristic dictatorship based around collectivism. Was fun antagonizing even elder races with human supremacy but I sucked at collecting rare materials.

One is the more ethics mod and the other is the more planets mod.

first big expansion is announced yesterday
youtube.com/watch?v=svnH2mmONiw

>still giving paracux money

I liked it.

i heard they removed mod that takes out black people

Look, I don't care what political position they hold. The merits are in the work. I find their games to be fun, so I buy them.

Retard.

>The merits are in the work.

Yeah, streamlined rehashes that nickle and dime you to death with dlc. Lotta merit in that.

>First playthrough I made a human-centric anti-alien/super xenophobic militaristic dictatorship based around collectivism. Was fun antagonizing even elder races with human supremacy but I sucked at collecting rare materials.

wow that's so original

first couple hours of a game are fun and intense. then mid to late game I literally have trouble staying awake between the 10 years between wars to take 3 planets at a time.

Did I say it was an original style or something there, son?

fun for 20 hours, then you realize there is no late game except for ai mop up

it is too easy to snowball hard very early on, and you can tell when you have a game won LONG long before it will actually conclude

war is still a huge chore, since you will have one big battle and then after that its all clean up again

pretty similar to most space 4x in that regard

I will say that it is usually fun getting to the steamroll point, and early-tech wars between a close rival can be interesting, but those are rare

I really want to like it, but it's boring.

Probably the best spess empire building game that is not Alpha Centauri. Early game is GOAT, mid-game is okay, and late game sucks massive dongs.

If you get the few mods that fix the late game, namely Ticking Warscore, and maybe with the upcoming expansion, this game is definitely fun.

But definitely not worthy of purchase.

are sectors still broken?

Is it worth getting yet? How many expansions have they done?

If I like SOASE and Distant Worlds will I like stellaris? It seems to be more 4X than GS.

Not yet and only 1 proper expansion.

There's Leviathans and Utopia which should release this month.

See
This game gets better with every expansion. Look at what they've done with CK2. Stellaris will get there.

UTOPIA:
>Megastructures:
Build wondrous structures in your systems including Dyson Spheres and ring worlds, bringing both prestige and major advantages to your race.

>Habitat Stations:
Build “tall” and establish space stations that will house more population, serving the role of planets in a small and confined empire.

>Traditions:
Collect Unity points and adopt ideas and bonuses that will ease your species’ expansion across the stars, unlocking special perks for completing a set.

>Rights and Privileges:
Set specific policies for which of the many species under your thumb will have the rights and privileges of full citizenship.

sounds great

Maybe i'll get it after all expansions are released, in a sale or something.

This is the first actual expansion to the game. Not counting DLC races and the Leviathans thing.

The game changes a lot between patches so it's hard to say.
I think that's both a weakness and a strength of paradox as a developer, in that it's good they aren't stuck on keeping old mechanics, but the lack of consistency between patches can be a bit jarring when you come back to the game.

Every patch is almost like playing a random imbalanced overhaul mod.

1.5 is looking kinda interesting, but not sure if I'm gonna wait a bit more.
I played two games one in 1.0 and one in 1.2

Kinda agree. But I think the game tends to improve from version to version.
I played a few games in 1.0 and now i am not sure if i wait for the utopia addon or just try the current version.

>Look at what they've done with CK2

You actually made my confidence in Stellaris even lower than it already was

Same here, can't decide.

I don't aim to wait for the utopian version, but I don't aim to come back for every version.

It'll probably be 1.5 or 1.6 next for me.

that endless space 2 is better?

Go shill your endless shit elsewhere.

he's probably not wrong tho seeing as stellaris didn't really set the bar that high

Him and his kind are in literally every 4x game thread shilling their endless whatevers. It's annoying as fuck.

endless space 2 is looking fantastic
I just wish those games2gether fuckers weren't literally Sup Forums