Fallout Obsidian

What do you want to see in the next game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GTnVMulDTYA
youtu.be/5iAIM02kv0g
youtu.be/j9c1vSIpHA0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nothing because
>Bethesda

Chris Avellorne

No fucking Brotherhood of Steel.

some dank memes

Liberal use of the word fuck.

new engine
proper dialogue options

Obsidian not getting screwed out of their money
Why the fuck would they do this to themsleves again

no bugs

Sad thin is that its not gonna happen.

obsidian would like to do it but bethesda dont let em. lying midget is so butthurt cause thy do ten times better fallouts than they.

Proper dialogue options
Actual good gunplay fo4 style
More difficult enemies don't bulletsponge

If it has to still be set in America, then probably Great Lakes area, or Lousiana/Florida so we can deal with Cuban Communists. Maybe go back to the west coast and deal with New Vegas after House got his chip in independent Vegas ending.

If we're going outside the States, I'd have to look at a Fallout map again to see which country is the least irradiated. Otherwise you'd have to play the game as a Ghoul.

Please ditch the settlement building. It's tedious and detracts from the gameplay. Leave it as an option for modders.

I just wanna travel the wasteland free of responsibilities.

I know some people will chime in going "you could play FO4 without doing the settlements" but that's not the point. The point is they spent resources and time working on the settlement system that could be better spent adding other things to the game.

>not contradicting the lore
>hiring atleast one guy from nma to keep the lore in check
>Chris avallone but only if he wants to.
>settlement building that actually has some narrative and character development

ideally not todd howard at the helm

>implying I want to see a next game.

If major US cities such as Boston and DC aren't massively irradiated shitholes then most countries should be fine to live in as well. Anything else just wouldn't make any sense, especially since Boston was considered a massively important strategic target to the point where in a ten nuke scenario it would get three of them or something stupid, IIRC.

Sorry to disappoint you but this is never gonna happen. Obsidian BTFO'd Bethesda with F:NV and Bethesda won't make the same mistake again, which is showing that other devs can actually do Fallout better.

Seattle or Texas

>Texas

I never knew how much I wanted this.

They should do a spinoff that's just about re-settling the wasteland (and do it well).

I really wanted the settlements stuff to be good but urgh.

Fallout NV was so fucking good but J. Sawyer the director of FNV has said he regrets making the legion so misogynistic and said there should have been more women in the game with major roles.

And looking how Pillars ended up there is little hope there will ever be a un-cucked Fallout game ever again.

gaming is dead.

Non shitty melee combat

If you thought fo4 had good gunplay, you are either retarded or it was the first video game you ever played. Fo4 was a complete dumpster fire from top to bottom.

I remember when Fallout Online was still a talked about they said Bethesda had a contract to make 3 or 4 Fallout games and Fallout Online was that just a requirement for the IP or do they completely 100% own the Fallout IP?

>J. Sawyer the director of FNV has said he regrets making the legion so misogynistic
That's not what he said, he said that individual members of the Legion could've used having different attitudes towards women that "ugh girls".
>there should have been more women in the game with major roles
And that is not something he ever said, either.

How about non-shitty gun play.

Go on this Tumblr. Think it's froghelmclub or something. He is cucked now. He regrets pic related. There will never be this again. I'm sorry.

No shitty story that the game forces you to follow. Just dump me in the wasteland and let me do my thing.
Also get rid of cazadors. Those things are cancer.

Those things are irrelevant if you look at Pillars of Eternity which is 1. Not a fun or good game. 2. 100% cucked. J Sawyer is the director, writer and lead designer or Pillars.

I follow his twitter and tumblr, used to follow his formspring when that was a thing, and that's not what he meant at all. He was always a "cuck" by Sup Forums standards. Before New Vegas, during New Vegas, after New Vegas. He's a Californian.

Why don't you just play Minecraft?

>Not a fun or good game.
Wrong.

>Ronto
>Shitty Canadian accents and stereotypes everywhere
>a story that doesn't revolve around a family member in which you are given no time to form any sort of attachment to
>Varying environments
mite be fun

>J. Sawyer the director of FNV has said he regrets making the legion so misogynistic

No, Sup Forums calm down and listen before you jump to conclusions. What he said was that he thought the way some Legion characters carried across their views of women was overly simplistic and came off as cartoonish women hatred rather than a realistic belief as to why women should serve different roles in life to men.

>And looking how Pillars ended up

How did Pillars end up?

>Wrong
No it's not Pillars is tediously fucking un-inspired shit. No charisma. Also did you watch the Obsidian Twitch stream were J Saywer played through FNV. He says the cuck stuff in that.

Something like New Vegas without the yeehaw cowboy feeling and updated graphics

I don't want to see anything made by those SJW cucks.

Todd's idea

proper in game Physics, i don't wanna feel like my character is light like feathers

I want working vehicles and a coast like Seattle. Boeing's in Seattle, they could let us be pilots

I have a feeling that the next Fallout game is going to capitalize even more so on the settlement building aspect introduced in Fallout 4.

"survival building" games are all the rage now.

This unfortunately.
Pic related. It was changed. It's reddit, SJW, neogaf cuckoldry. Fallout NV was released in 2011 just before all the SJW shit. It was the perfect time and perfect game IT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN. FALLOUT IS DEAD.

Not this bullshit again.

The backer who wrote the thing asked for it to be changed because he didnt want to cause any more trouble. What they replaced it with was a tongue-in-cheek stab at SJWs anyway.

I mean can you fucking blame them for just wanting to stay out of this retarded identity politics war?

The original poem was a really, really lighthearted joke. Just the mere fact that there was backlash and they had to change it means Obsidian is cucked for life.

I have an idea for an interesting Obsidian Fallout.

You are not a hero, not even a villain. You're just an ordinary person trying to make it in the post-apocalyptic world and, as an ordinary person, you must fall victim to all the nastyness of such a world.

You can become a prostitute, slave, worker, merchant, gang member, hitman for a crime lord, or other gritty unsavory aspects of such a world. You're just trying to live to see the next day and doing what you gotta do.

The little combat that actually happens is realistic, as in single bullet shots are enough to kill or severely wound and cripple you and affect the story. Some infections may mean that you have to have a limb amputated. There would be no quicksaving/quickloading, if you fuck up and want to retry, you gotta start the game from scratch.

>Just the mere fact that there was backlash and they had to change it means Obsidian is cucked for life.

jesus christ are you able to read?

The guy requested they change it. They asked him what he wanted to do, and he said change it just to save the trouble.

Cool but won't happen. The market and shareholders want le minecraft audience.

>Heehhe XD look what i built omg so cool turret hahaha POW i killed that guy look my turret killed that guy hahaha

>You are not a hero, not even a villain. You're just an ordinary person trying to make it in the post-apocalyptic world and, as an ordinary person,

Every single game that does this turns out to be doing it wrong and you still end up being the OP hero that saves everybody.

Gothic is the only game I recall doing it right. You really felt like you are just a fucking peasant and don't know what the fuck is going on.

>did you watch the Obsidian Twitch stream were J Saywer played through FNV
I did watch the entirety of it and he didn't say that.

>It was changed.
If you can't see the difference between a character in a game having a point of view and a outside-of-game character injecting something supposedly offensive in what's meant to be a simple in-game "hey I was there" thing, you're fucking retarded.

That's not Fallout.

I don't know what else to tell you man. There is more cuck shit in Pillar and the staff at Obsidian. Just watch their twitch streams. I'm sorry. I wanted another good Fallout game too.

>Mexico

I want to explore a post-legion society pretty much directly after its unavoidable fall, and the pros/cons of Caesar's vision.
What happened, why, what worked and what didn't?

And do it in a area where the NCR doesn't have a foothold. Power struggles could be internal between people that had different views on what the Legion was and/or have some new power(s) that tries to take over the area.

It might be interesting to create some nation of traders, that doesn't care about the old world and its problems and only want to create a larger trading network, which they later start to settle in (using force if necessary).
As a contrast to that you could also have a Marxist society. Perhaps an old legion splinter group that is tired of the Legion's strict hierarchy?

No BoS/Enclave except possibly as a easter egg

>people want Obsidian to develop a Fallout game still because that will magicaly make it good

Bethesda AND Obsidian are both hacks as developers, without mentioning that many people who worked in NV left Obsidian a while ago

Obsidian is too busy with Not Bauldr's Gate 2: The return of the Loading Screens

Bethesda will probably just focus with TES for now

I just don't understand why people think they are the solution when they can't even develop proper games anymore. Pillars was a shit game. The best Bethesda can do is way better than the best Obsidian can do anyways

Fallout isnt' dead and will likely never die but i doubt we ever see Obsidian developing a new game, and honestly, even if they did, i doubt they'd do a good job at it nowadays

What?

1. Obsidian aren't making a Fallout game because they don't own the rights. Even if they did it wouldn't turn out well.

2. Bethesda is going to continue the same route as 4 because it makes money and they are a big video game company and their game needs to be commercially successful first and foremost.

3. Sup Forums is a very minor audience for games in general. Bethesda don't care what you or I think. That's not were the money is.

I'm sorry.

is never happening

I want it to be set like 20-50 years after the bombs fell, so all the radiation, rubble etc would fit the scenario

>you can start your own faction and have side quests that help you improve it in certain ways, obviously with choices
>rework settlement building so it actually has an impact on the world
>ultimate goal would be to unite and rebuild the place the game is set in

Mislink?

I want to see good game

No. Just saying that talk is meaningless because Obsidian AREN'T making a Fallout game and EVEN if they did it wont be good.

>Obsidian AREN'T making a Fallout game
Yes, I know, that doesn't make my points more or less significant.
>EVEN if they did it wont be good
You didn't present a single argument for that, funnily enough, you just spregged about stuff that wasn't even in my post.

Doesn't matter if Obsidian is cucked or un-cucked. Obsidian Fallout isn't happening.

>hm time to play a post apocalyptic game where there are mostly no laws and people just do what they want
>RAPE? HOW CAN YOU INCLUDE RAPE IN THE GAME? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>single bullet shots are enough to kill or severely wound and cripple you
this cannot work well in an RPG unless you eventually just end up not being vulnerable to bullets, like with power armour, which defeats the whole purpose, unless that's what you wanted.

I hope they do that for the next Elder Scrolls. Let me be a minor noble with a stronghold with a large flat area and let me equip all the guards.

Though I'd be fine with a pre-made stronghold, as long as there's some choices. It'd work better that way.

I see dreamboy still dreaming about obsidian making another shitout.

Takes place in California.
Joinable communist faction based upon the old labor movement in the US.
Recovering and reindustrialization of the wasteland.
Decent writing.
A new engine.

Even got some music that would go great.
youtu.be/GTnVMulDTYA
youtu.be/5iAIM02kv0g
youtu.be/j9c1vSIpHA0

Almost forgot
Several hundred years after the events of FONV
Technological regression. Newly built tech on 1920s to 1950s levels. Old world tech rotting away. Functioning computers and energy weapons very rare. Old world almost completely rotted away.
NUCLEAR STEAM LOCOMOTIVES
Hobos

No pay unless it scores 95 on metacritic

enclave
china power armor
nukes
cola
decent story
MIRV launcher

keep settlements from 4 but FIX IT.

Cool.

Extremely shit.

Obsidian will NEVER make another Fallout game again. If there's another Fallout sidequel, it'll be by Bethesda Montreal.

>bethesda
>montreal
Holy fuck. How bad would this be? Beth sucks but getting Gooses to make a game? Geez Louise

>How bad would this be?

What do you mean, would? They've been around for a while now, they did some work on Skyrim SE afaik.

Give me some fucking evidence for this you fucking shit-stirrer. You morons say "OBSIDIAN FALLOUT NEVER GONNA HAPPEN" so many fucking times and nobody will tell me why.

There isn't any (either for for or against), but common sense says that if you can keep things in-house, there's zero reason to hire an outside studio to make games for you.

The only thing surprising really with all this is that they didn't make a second studio to support Bethesda's IPs sooner.

Making their own game from the ground up mong. Canadians always suck at making games out of pre established franchises. Prime example is how much Dead Rising got cucked

man I can't wait for the cuck meme to die.

>Making their own game from the ground up mong.

Todd's team is already doing that, no point risking two new ventures when you can make guaranteed money with a new Fallout/TES.

it being finished

Never going to happen. The next Fallout will be still made by Bethesda with Avellone as the lead writer, which is the best we can hope for.

There won't be next one after NV flopped so HARD

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Zenimax bought Obsidian. Especially if the rumours about a shitty upper management is true.

Nope, they don't need to anymore. Urquhart has been trying to sell that shitty studio for years but no one wants it, no value in it - Obsidian's own IPs are shit-tier.

Thank fuck. NV is one of the worst things I've ever played. I've never seen anyone on Sup Forums manage to justify their love for it without resorting to "b-but it's less popular than Fallout 3". This is the equivalent of fat teenage mall punks who refuse to listen to anything on a "major label" out of "principle".

Yes I am buttmad. Jesus Christ I hated NV so fucking much.

You're not welcome here, Todd.

HURR DURR ANYBODY NOT LIEK NV IS TODD

The reason that we like New Vegas so much, is that when compared to the other 3d Fallout's, it has the best writing, the most quests, the best gun-play until 4 came out, the most in depth and changeable endings, and a plethora of other reasons that I have no time to discuss. Do with this information what you will, but I will not be able to reply, as I, unlike you, don't spend all my time b8ting on NV threads, and have a job to go to.

>>did you watch the Obsidian Twitch stream were J Saywer played through FNV
>I did watch the entirety of it and he didn't say that.
You got a link to this stream?

Your probably right.
But name itself has some value in CRPG circles.

I want another Obsidian Fallout so much because I know it's going to be shit and I'll enjoy hearing everybody bitch and moan as their hope is destroyed.

>remove voiced protagonist
>bring back the old dialogue system
>bring back skills
>cut perks/bring back traits
>new setting (not Western America)
>new faction(s)

Basically, just make Fallout an RPG again.

Obvious stuff (new companions, enemies, etc.) are a given, and were therefore left out of the list.

easy bait