Valve under investigation by European Commission for Steam geo-blocking

>The Commission cited "bilateral agreements" between Valve and five PC publishers - Bandai Namco, Capcom, Focus Home Interactive, Koch Media and ZeniMax - as the focus of its investigation.
>The concern is rooted in geo-blocking practices, which can be used to restrict a consumer's ability to purchase a product on Steam due to their country of residence.
The Commission is particularly concerned about Steam activation keys being used for this purpose, in addition to their utility in the prevention of piracy.

Other urls found in this thread:

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-02-02-valve-under-investigation-by-european-commission-for-steam-geo-blocking
themuslimissue.wordpress.com/2012/08/20/the-living-hell-for-swedish-women-5-muslims-commit-nearly-77-6-of-all-rape-crimes/
youtube.com/watch?v=9cgrEA6eQ_g
muslimstatistics.wordpress.com/2016/07/11/europes-muslim-rape-epidemic-cologne-is-every-day/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_Sweden#Legislation
pdf-archive.com/2011/05/08/br-1996-2-invandrares-och-invandrares-barns-brottslighet-1/
bra.se/download/18.cba82f7130f475a2f1800012697/2005_17_brottslighet_bland_personer_fodda_sverige_och_utlandet.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-02-02-valve-under-investigation-by-european-commission-for-steam-geo-blocking

What's this? EU actually doing something pretty nice, instead of just trying to ban all the fun?

>>The concern is rooted in geo-blocking practices, which can be used to restrict a consumer's ability to purchase a product on Steam due to their country of residence.

Isnt that necessary due to shit like Germany's overdone ratings board?

>tries to remove regional pricing, which will only lead to increase in prices and drops in sales
>nice
>EU bureaucrats doing anything nice or useful ever

oh boy global censorship to cater to the least common denominator.

>C-128/11 3 july 2012

this ruled in favor of digital software resales. In the same period valve changed the TOS removing software ownership (refusing to comply would result in losing your library) and introducing "limited licenses".
Same happened with all software sellers.

Investigation in the OP would simply result in valve keeping the highest pricing tier for all europe (including east europe) and german version either as a optional purchase or default one for europe

What they are doing is getting rid of illegal price fixing collusion.

How do you figure that will cause software prices to go up?

I wouldn't be surprised if the EU didn't exist by 2020

>EU
>Nice

Nothing good comes from these people.

Everything good came from them.

>Europe is great so our European government must be great too
Fuck off Juncker.

They're doing something that burger can't do or don't want to.

This, the EU is basically irrelevant now

Lol maybe they should be more worried about their supra-national organization falling apart due to Germany trying dictate to the rest of Europe that what is best for Germany is the best for Europe and trying to bring in millions of sand niggers to rape and steal

Yeah, who needs peace, free trade and easy travel?

> peace, free trade and easy travel
> implying these can't exist without the EU

The real question is why the fuck do you want a bunch of violent 3rd world migrants coming in and raping your women? Go ask Sweden and their 500% increase in rape or just take a look at everything thats happening in germany,france, ect. People are starting to realize that importing hordes of nonwestern foreigners who are in no way integrated or familiar with western culture is an absolutely terrible idea.

>500% increase in rape
Source on that?

> tfw living in rural France and not seeing any foreigners

All those things can be accomplished without the EU and you get to escape the dictatorship under unelected bureaucrats as a bonus. Also lower taxes.

>peace, free trade and easy travel
Won't have much of it once europe becomes a caliphate you piece of shit

fuck off merkel-cuck.

meant for
raw statistics and those that cover them. You can't expect MSM to do this since they are all left wing controlled so youll have to look over the data yourself and figure out if the claims about them are accurate(they are)

themuslimissue.wordpress.com/2012/08/20/the-living-hell-for-swedish-women-5-muslims-commit-nearly-77-6-of-all-rape-crimes/

This article has a list of all the data sources used from the swedish government and other reputable places.

Its funny how sweden decided to stop reporting rape statistics recently, isn't it? Hmmm...around the same time they started taking in even more of these migrants, how strange.

Same price for everyone globally, since we in Europe have to pay some of the highest prices, everyone else should as well.

Gaben=Mr. Burns

youtube.com/watch?v=9cgrEA6eQ_g

muslimstatistics.wordpress.com/2016/07/11/europes-muslim-rape-epidemic-cologne-is-every-day/

more statistics. Again, don't be a retarded nigger and base the accuracy of the article based on whether you recognize the url name, actually go into the article and then go through the data yourself.

this is what it's really about

and, behind that, it's about Valve being too small of a company, with too few employee, too few major regional branches.

No it just for germany.

The EU is being niggers to valve for adhering to regulations enforced by germany.

EU is a fucking joke. Brexit was the right decision.

>sweden enacts law classifying even unconsensual groping as rape
>suddenly huge spike in rape numbers
really gets the noggin joggin

EU != EC also this is how we got refunds too.

T.Uk

false
> sweden imports hordes of violent migrants
> suddenly huge spike in rape numbers

really gets the noggin joggin, especially after they decided to just start NOT reporting rape statistics.

Never heard of that law, ever. how does this even work, when each country has its own taxes, and some have specific taxes for digital content?
The only thing you will "win" from it is Valve applying the highest price for everyone and keep the extra money for themselves. Thanks europe.

Nobody that is neither immigrant terrorist, or billionaire companies.

Thanks user, I can't trust the lamestream media. I for one get everything I know from wordpress blogs and youtube videos and I've never been more smarter.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_Sweden#Legislation
> For example, in 1992 a legislative change came into force which shifted the dividing line between sexual assault and rape. This legislative change resulted in about a 25% increase in the level of registered rape offences.
Holy shit when will they ban rape legislation Sup Forums

It's just the EU being upset that a small, privately owned business has more money than they do so they're trying to hit them with frivolous and illegal lawsuits to leech funds from them since they can't buy shares and destroy it from within.

This has nothing to do with varying levels of censorship for each region and everything to do with the different prices charged to each region. You can't price fix AND restrict trade in a common market and it doesn't take a genius to figure out that's going to bite you in the ass.

And Valve too small a company? Are you fucking kidding me? Their revenue is in the billions. Valve are not just some small indie developer anymore.

Valve are a company that want global domination of the software market but none of the headaches that come with such domination. Well, I'm sorry, Gabe, but you can't have your cake and eat it too. Welcome to all the bullshit your competitors have been dealing with forever.

Exactly

If you live in Eastern EU you still have to pay as much as a German while getting 1/4 of their pay.

Puzzingly it's missing the "rape the swedish" circle

I really wouldn't have any issues with Islam if it wasn't made by towelhead sandniggers. If it were a white religion it would be pure incline.

>themuslimissue
Wow total not a biased website at all, they must be as trustworthy as that website called Hitlerwasright.org

how's that internet provider duopoly treating you user?

>You can't price fix AND restrict trade in a common market
>Goods that are immaterial and therefore are only priced competitively for value
>Pricing globally

kek

>Being retarded

k

no, those statistics come directly from swede government you retarded nigger. Check the sources and take a look yourself. The links to the data are right in the article.

> 1992
> the data I just gave is from much later

If you actually looked at the fucking data, you would see that this increase in rape happened AFTER the increase in rape you are speaking of.

No wonder why you libs always choose meme degrees like philosophy

>he thinks the value of a good is restricted only to the cost of the materials that make up the product

You're an idiot. Even material goods factor in "immaterial" costs when pricing.

I have a big amount of respect for anyone who blows themselves up for their ideals.
I don't care what you believe in or how fucking dumb you are, if you die for what you believe then you are a good person.

Not many people can do this.
And it's not because they don't "want" to, and it only makes it more pathetic to have no "reason" to.

>no, those statistics come directly from swede government you retarded nigger
And you don't know how Sweden handle their rape statistics you retarded double nigger

>Same people that spend years deciding on the paperwork ruling the regulaions regarding the sale of eggs
Fuck the EU
Can't get anything right done. Only thing they ever accomplish hurts everyone under them.

>EU cucks thinking they're relevant in US matters

Loving every laugh, Valve is just doing based capitalism and there is nothing wrong with that.

check the article, there are direct links to the swedish government data you fucking retard

pdf-archive.com/2011/05/08/br-1996-2-invandrares-och-invandrares-barns-brottslighet-1/

bra.se/download/18.cba82f7130f475a2f1800012697/2005_17_brottslighet_bland_personer_fodda_sverige_och_utlandet.pdf

here you go, you stupid nigger

Yes I do, by reading you stupid shitskin. You can also find translated versions of these articles elsewhere if you can pull enough braincells together to do a google search.

Yeah, we should check Swedish crime statistics based on ethnicity and race!
Oh wait, they stopped releasing them some time ago.
HMMMM

EU is split in 2 groups in Valve store, and if you live in EU1 you can't buy from EU2

these years, the immigrant crisis and the reactionary populist/nationalist movements, attempted member nation exits, are what will define the EU. right now it's still completely up in the air if we will be seeing the end of it, or its ascension to USSR 2.0

>he thinks trading things that cost nothing to reproduce across borders is acceptable for the publisher

Okay, then either
>Literally nobody but top 10 countries can buy video games, revenue in games industry goes down choking creativity again
or
>Everyone just buys Russian keys, revenue also drops down

Great fucking idea to just apply random anecdotes to everything.

>thread about Vavle and the EU
>turns into sweden being a rape zone
Every time

Thats rich coming from the great trade wall of Brussels that has practically made it economically impossible for member sates to trade reasonably with the majority of the outside world.

>forces valve to release all games on steam in any region
>games that have 'illegal' content are released
>EU attacks and tries to force valve to change the content of these games because now they are breaking the laws of the EU

Nothing good comes from the EU, they are trying to gain control of something, they always are

Austria, Germany, Sweden, Italy and numerous other countries have provenly faked the crime-stats and even the numbers of people who are illegal in the country.
Look it up, faggot.

Give me one fucking reason why the swedish governments numbers should be legit.

You do realize that the EC is one of the higher ruling and observatory bodies of the EU, right?

>Haha wow bro, that bombing was totally RESPECTABLE! The way you slaughtered all those innocents, you know. I don't normally judge people, but that was TOTALLY RAD. PROPS.

>Valve is just doing based capitalism

And the EU is about as capitalist as you can get.

That's kind of the whole point of the it.

Care to name one example of "illegal content" in EU? Because Germany and their boner for swastikas isn't one, they're still allowed in other EU countries.

puzzlingly enough you didn't follow the link and read all the data.

If you did you would understand that the areas that these people are migrating from are the same areas where they consider this shit okay.

kek

> makes a huge claim
> provides no proof

You're retarded. Burden of proof is currently on your end.

> Give me one fucking reason why the swedish governments numbers should be legit.

give me one fucking reason why the Swedish government numbers shouldn't be.

I studied compsci and math retard and your article is shit. The 77.6% figure comes from an "anonymous police source" (lol of a blogspot author, awesome credibility) and then the article doesn't give meaningful metrics like when and how immigration took place. The latter half of the article is a poorly Google translated swedish blogpost. What the fuck?

I can't read swedish you stupid fuck and you link to a whole fucking book and a 77 page paper? Just fuck off retard

Look here is it how it works in Sweden compared to the rest of the world
Sweden
>One man raping one woman 3 times gets handled as 3rape
Rest of the world
>One man raping one woman 3 times gets handled as one rape
Yeah they did so around the time right wingers where getting violent and getting more powers, almost like they don't want to give them an issue that they can overblown to massive proportions
HMMMMMMMMMMM

Seriously, that's how Americans put an idiot like Trump in charge.

You don't understand.
It's simply admirable.

Could you do it?
No. You couldn't. You could never believe in something so strongly that you are willing to die for it.

If you can - then you should understand these people.
They have their reasoning, whether you understand it or not.

>Irrelevant
>Amerifats have steam refunds thanks to EU

Your welcome user. I know you're not use to having consumer rights

WTF I didn't elect them?

Based EU. I love how they shit all over american companies all the time

>You're retarded. Burden of proof is currently on your end.

Nigga I live in Austria and it was a huge scandal when german and austrian police admitted they hide the nationality of criminal refugees among other stuff.
France and Germany are notorious for faking their ethnic stats even, you fucking mongrel.

Post yfw europeans get banned from Steam

He's american, I doubt any of them know what EU actually is, they just hear Trump say how bad EU is and instantly think it's some dictatorian ruler in Europe.

wow, that's weird, that seems to once again be missing the "Is rape OK?" poll. Don't worry though user, third time's the charm

Fuck off Mohummad, follow your imam and blow yourself up also retard.
>DUDE SO RESPECTFUL THE WAY YOU GUYS KILL THE INNOCENT LMAO I MAY NOT UNDERSTAND IT BUT DAMN, KILLING YOURSELF INSTANTLY IN AN EXPLOSION IS TOTALLY AMAZING LMAO

EU was never democratic.

The people you elected to the parliament of the EU elected them. By proxy you did elect them. You don't decide personally who becomes your ministers either.

If they open it up it will either mean prices will go up europe-wide.
Or keys will be cheaper than ever, can't wait to buy the latest game at 20buckaroos prerelease

>believing there are innocents on this world

spot the normalfaggot

Reminder that America inhabits more niggers and less white people in relative and absolute numbers compared to Europe and that the American census also includes T*rks and Ar*bs as "white".

there's nothing noble in destroying eastern european discriminated pricing or letting people not in germany play uncensored games

>>he thinks trading things that cost nothing to reproduce across borders is acceptable for the publisher

Steam's infrastructure is not free. Developing a game is not free.

>>Literally nobody but top 10 countries can buy video games, revenue in games industry goes down choking creativity again

So let me get this straight, you think a country that has so little wealth you have to dramatically reduce the RRP in order to sell your product there will net you huge profits? Are you fucking stupid? The top 10 countries subsidize those other countries already, we pay much more so they can pay much less.

>Everyone just buys Russian keys, revenue also drops down

Russia IS NOT part of the EU. Cheap Russian keys are irrelevant to this conversation.

No, we're talking about companies like Capcom and Bandai Namco region-locking their Japanese games from Japan to force nips to buy the Japanese PS4 version for 3x the price of the Steam digital copy.

>right wingers where getting violent and getting more powers
Shit man, better convert them to islam or kill them.
This is the only way progress and peace can win.

They will probably investigate why is are goods priced lower, if there is no other reason other than "they can afford it" Valve will be fined and demanded to bring prices down.

based EU

Fuck off
t.Russia

>people who make posts like this seriously think it's the jews and the liberals who want Sup Forums to stay in Sup Forums

typing that way makes me think you should go back to where you came from :7)

t. expert in EU legislature

>also includes T*rks and Ar*bs as "white".
Well they are Caucasian

I'd be down with U.S.E, we'll get nowhere with how shit is going right now. Either EU will fall down and it'll become west vs east again, or EU will get their shit together and hopefully we'll have three economic blocks fighting for power.

>hurdur european caliphate
We are literally weeding out all radical muslims right now.

you are using t. wrong, moron

t. SnippitySnap

>german version either as a optional purchase or default one for europe
Well, enjoy your violence free nazi games without nazis then.

American butthurt sure is delicious here

The thing is, EU should only be that, an economic union. Fuck this talk about an european army, that would never work.

Does that mean we finally get the uncensored versions in Germany and Australia?