Your opinion on the Sonic Advance series

Your opinion on the Sonic Advance series
Taxman ports when?

>hmm, the one thing people complained about most from sonic is that the camera is too zoomed it and you can't see what you're platforming on if you're moving above a crawl, what do we do
>let's make sonic take up even more screen space!

If that's yours then i'm jelly, OP

Sonic battle was the fucking bomb. My Emerl kicked ass

All of them were fucking great except Advance 2 and the Sonic genesis port. Even Pinball Party was fun as fuck.

This. Hoping for a second installment.

Despite some cheap bullshit enemy placement / bottomless pits in 2 and 3, I love these games.

Very underrated music too.

Advance 2 is my favourite. What is it you don't like about it, user?

>Taxman ports when?
Right after Sonic 3
Never

Sonic Advance = mediocre
Sonic Advance 2 = the best
Sonic Advance 3 = shit
Sonic Battle = good
Sonic Pinball = im indifferent because I hate pinball
Sonic NeoGeo = never owned one

>The boss battles
>The focus on speed
>The special stage requirements
>The special stages itself
>The bottomless pits

As a kid I remember only playing 1 and 3. I much preferred 1, I found 3 weird for some reason.

3 was shit that's why... try 2 instead

Advance 1 and Battle were cool. Didn't care for the rest.

Getting the Chaos Emeralds in Advance 2 is the worst out of the whole Sonic series. Advance 3 is only marginally better because that game saves the Chao you collect.

Buddy system in 3 is tedious and absolute shit, therefore 2 is better

Sunset Hill that is all.

Are there any gba emulators that support netplay? I could use some sonic battle in my life. Does 3ds support gba multiplayer?

To just play through each level normally, yes, 2 is better. I was only talking about completing the game.The Chaos Emeralds in 2 are ridiculous.

Git gud

Get Sonic Advance 2 and Sonic Battle, Pocket Adventure if you can afford a NGPC, the others avoid unless pretty cheap.

Why waste Taxman or Sega's time with the Advance series when it would only be available for the Nintendo consoles?
Does Taxman even worked with something else other than the classic physics Sonic?

Boss battles can be annoying. The Sky one with slap= to kill is one of the worst things in a Sonic game.
Speed was awesome, in like Hot Crater or that Ice Zone shit could be really fun. SAdv2 seemed a lot like Sonic 3 with the sense of speed, a bit of plat and loads of alternative paths. But yeah, not as good as classic Sonic
Every other point is a problem in the Advance franchise. The bottomless pits + the enemies placements are really bad.
The special stages with dimps are always a pain in the ass to achieve and the 6th and 7th are a nightmare. Sonic Rush is the only one were it was easy to adquire all emeralds, but still, that damn 7th emerald.

>SAdv3 weird
>team mechanic that breaks speed, momentum and paths that are unavailable unless you go Power Team to break damn walls
>those levels where it seems a mix of CD with exploration+pyramid climbing(fucking ocean base)
Those levels annoy me so much. Some you can go around and around in loops because you can easily miss or timing miss a small branch path to get to another "side" to keep progressing the level, like that Sunset Hil or Cyber Track in some grinding sections