Why das3 so uninspired and boring?

Why das3 so uninspired and boring?
Even bloodborne despite having less anything still more fun to replay

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UScsme8didI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because Miyazaki is a hack and felt like making the same 5 levels or so all over again for the 3rd time, so you get bored because you've gone through the same areas a million times even if it's not the same game..

Because the entire series is uninspired and tedious.

making everything gray and "ooh so mysterious!" does not inspired make.

t. dumb das2fag

I finally figured out why this game bothers me so much compared to the previous entries

it's dark souls with bloodborne enemies

yeah you can roll like a faggot at low stamina cost, but landing a strike is such a pain in the ass with most of the enemies being fast and twitchy assholes

>Why das3 so
Why verb so no?

the trick is to either use a straightsword for the ridiculously good attack power to stamina ratio along with a great moveset, or a greatsword for the poise along with an also great moveset. Everything else is practically a challenge run.

I tried to play DS2 after finishing DS3 (and previously DS1) and god the game is so awful in almost every aspect.

Bloodborne just feels nicer - better animations, cooler effects, more interesting weapons, slicker gameplay, etc.

I have the plat for each game in the series and if I had to do another playthrough of any one of them I'd pick BB just because it feels the most satisfying to play.

DS1 is still the best one overall and I enjoyed the DS3 base game a little more than BB's.

the small amount of comments in this thread are actually enough to convince me Sup Forums is full of actual diagnosed retards

Best boss design and level designs in the series (barring inter connectivity), new dlc will add even more great bosses and weapons to the game.

What went right Sup Forums?

>le difficult enemy with dark skin

Oh wow such a masterpiece game

>DLC will save it!

>final boss has second phase
>people are surprised
>dlc boss has 3 phases
>next dlc boss has 4 phases
Fuck this.

seems like you are immune to subtlety and depression

DaS3 is fantastic, fuck off nigger.

It's the weirdest fucking shit
I have played all souls with spear characters cause I fell in love with Silver Knight Spear in DaS
But I could fucking swear SKS and spears in general are the fastest in DaS even though DaS2 ramped up the amount of ganking enemies and DaS3 has fast as fuck enemies. While it's not that hard to play through 2 and 3 with spears, the end result is gameplay that is just nowhere near as satisfying.

I don't get the whole "Dark Souls 3 is awful" meme.

It's not as good as the first game. So what? It's still a great game. It's still worth 100+ hours of poking around and stabbing things to death.

It's still a better purchase and experience than 99% of the other games on the market. So there's a handful of games that eclipse it in quality and design...

So why's that make it bad?
It doesn't.

Stop being an edgelord cuck faggot.

Autistic ds2fags that will defend their shit game to death

>So why's that make it bad?
because WAHHHHHHHHHH
seriously, do people not remember how fucking awful Dark Souls 2 is in most regards? Yet all you see is complaints about 3

Broken engrish everywhere.

This is so funny
There were posts exactly like this when 2 came out saying the same about it and the exact same responses you get

The only difference is 2 is actually worse than every other game in the series

Because it got popular with Dark Souls 3 and Sup Forums is full of contrarians. Why bother with their opinion?

That is a Miyazaki-san directed game. Show some respect to our Lord and Savior, peasant.

Because with every entry in the series from gets more lazy so we ended up getting a remix of DeS/DaS/BB that did everything worse than the originals instead of Dark Souls 3

It's not bad in the same way II is bad, it's bad because it's just one giant broken rehash

And coming after BB which was fantastic certainly didn't help it either

But DS2 was also good. It's not as good as DS1 or DS3, but it's still worth 100+ hours of poking stuff to death and running around.

It's still better than 99% of trash shit games on the market.

I mean, it's silly that so many autists spend so long attacking other entries in the beloved franchise because they think one is better than the other, when each part of the franchise is above and beyond the rest of the market as a whole, generally speaking.

It's a completely dumb waste of time.

All the games in the Souls franchise (Bloodborne included) are tremendously good titles, objectively speaking. Some like one more than another, so what? None of the games are "Bad games"; they're great titles, one and all.

Is it really just that appealing to be contrarian for no reason?

Yeah I think I would rank it as the worst of the series but like that post says
>It's still a better purchase and experience than 99% of the other games on the market
DaS2 is still fantastic game in my opinion and it did lot of things better than other games in the series despite being weakest as a whole.

samefaglol

where is Yu?

>It's still better than 99% of trash shit games on the market.

pretty much

autistic soulsfags can't put things into perspective

I don't like 3 as much as the others, but it's still one of the handful of games I actually play for 100+ hours

ds2 and ds3 are considered bad because a sizable portion of the souls fanbase is extremely stupid and incapable of accepting a game if it doesn't appear to be "original" in their mind
BB gets a ton of praise despite being incredibly similar to ds3 fundamentally, mostly because it doesn't have a "3" in the title. same with das1, which is extremely similar to demon's souls but gets a pass because it's not called demon's souls 2. I guarantee you that das2 would have gotten much better reception if it had been called something else, like Dragon Souls, as stupid as it sounds

When you speak like this it tells people you didn't play any of the games for a noteworthy length of time. You wouldn't happen to review games for a living, would you?

It's like bitching about a Tarantino film not making 100% sense when you only watched the first 30 minutes of it.

>Keep wanting to play 3 again cause dlc
>Keep putting it off because "those areas"
I mean objectively its better then 2 but I rather play 2 again because of how open it is at the start and I can rush certain build paths

>It's not as good as the first game. So what? It's still a great game. It's still worth 100+ hours of poking around and stabbing things to death.

No it isn't, because you probably already did that with Demon's and Dark and maybe 2. If you had a PS4 you put that kind of time into BB.

>It's not as good as the first game.
>So why's that make it bad?

Fucking moron. You argue like a woman.

you argue like a petulant 14yr old

No classic poise so most enemies just stagger in one hit unless they decide to randomly roll the dice and be in their poise state (Potentially even while you're still stunlocking them). So that makes most enemies boring/frustrating except for the ones that randomly do have classic poise like Darkwraiths.
The game is the most linear in the entire soulsborne series with no real NG+ changes and no real benefit to doing a run with a different playstyle as they're all inferior to straight quality or just unavailable for most of the game.
If you want to play for every item you can then you're forced through the most tedious set of boss-timed NPC and invader hoops in the series I think.
Combine that with the increasing annoyance level of enemies once you hit crucifixion woods and the game becomes a slog and after having played through the game once that's where I always start to consider the benefit of quitting over wasting more time playing the game.

Boss design is actually fairly mediocre. It misses a lot of beats and the only thing that it has going for it is the moveset. Interesting boss or arena gimmicks are pretty rare.
Level design is pretty good but bonfire warping from the start was a mistake.
The last DLC already failed to add good weapons to the game because most of them just use most of the same pre-existing movesets.
And there were only 2 new bosses in the last DLC as well: NPC+Wolf and Priscilla knockoff with long attack strings/AoEs and 2 shit phases before the actual fight that somehow misses the point of being able to go invisible while barefoot in a snowy area.

>People are surprised
>When every boss in the game has exactly two phases

Not really.
The direct souls sequels are both kind of shit in their own ways.
DaS3 is shit because it's so obviously phoned in.

>But DS2 was also good. It's not as good as DS1 or DS3
>It's still better than 99% of trash shit games on the market.
>attacking
>beloved franchise
>above and beyond the rest of the market
>dumb waste of time.
>tremendously good titles, objectively speaking.
>None of the games are "Bad games"; they're great titles, one and all.
>contrarian for no reason

Why the fuck do you speak like a politician defending a pork barrel bill? You're talking about a game but the way you speak is like you're talking about a work of art, yet your entire post is justifications and rationalizing an opinion against dissenting opinion.

But nobody outside of Sup Forums dislikes ds3.

Soulsborne never was very inspired design wise. Des, DaS and DaS2 all have
> Dark Swamp
> Shantytown
> Castle
> Lava ruins
>

i ignored every das thread before trying so i can have my own opinion. das3 is my favoruite game of all, it feels like a more polished version of the first 2. the fact you can always travel back and meet with the people you saved makes it super comfy

bloodborne is also cool but the locations in das3 are better for me

it's not too prevalent for now but the meme will catch on just like it did for ds2

petulant 14 year olds can make points once in a while. Someone justifying acknowledged bad qualities and then going, "Well, who cares!" will never make a point. You're steps away from pounding your feet and shouting "I LIKE IT SO THERE"

>BB gets a ton of praise despite being incredibly similar to ds3 fundamentally, mostly because it doesn't have a "3" in the title.

The only people I see saying stupid shit like this never actually played BB for any length of time.

BB and DaS play nothing alike. The basic mechanics and how combat works are completely different.

Your entire post doesn't make a single point, it's just fallacious bullshit, generalizing an entire group of people who disagree with you, and strawmanning the fuck out of everyone who doesn't think like you.

> I guarantee you that das2 would have gotten much better reception if it had been called something else, like Dragon Souls, as stupid as it sounds

It would have gotten a better reception if it wasn't made by the B team, didn't market itself on difficulty alone, had non-broken hitboxes, didn't have a movement mechanic bound to a stat, looked anything like it did in the trailers, and was actually finished when it was released.

>Someone justifying acknowledged bad qualities and then going, "Well, who cares!" will never make a point.

you can always find flaws in games you sad faggot. your cherry-picking wont stop people from enjoying them.
must feel really good to be able to point out all those things compared to the dumb sheeple

This is just nitpicking and most of the post isn't even correct. Let me guess, your favourite Dark Souls game is DS2

the combat is "different" in the sense that you use a a gun instead of a shield for parrying and gain some health back by attacking an enemy after getting hit. the mechanics are fundamentally the same
also good job accusing me of making fallacious arguments while your entire post is full of memes like "B team" or "broken hitboxes" and no actal substance

That was another lame justification. You're not making anything approaching an argument. You're stating your opinion, then handwaving any flaws. This is what little kids do.

> dumb sheeple

wow that's really ironic why don't you keep being fallacious as fuck some more

This is the same shit. You disregard everything another user said, then put words in his mouth.

This is how politicians argue.

the point that is being made, at least for me, is that Souls series > 90% shit out there

that you faggots can't apply even a tiny bit of context and discard your least favorite entry as 'abysmal trash', or something equivalent thereof, makes you kind of sad and pathetic

>You're not making anything approaching an argument.

because i dont give a shit man, just like 95% of the people. i play the game, i enjoy it, im not gonna argue about it
you wont make me enjoy it less and i wont make you like it better. so whats the point?

>This is what little kids do.

no im pretty sure most people over 20 realises that arguing on the internet over subjective things is pointless

You just admitted the combat and thus the mechanics were different (even though you only cited a single aspect and you tried to minimize how different it actually is) and then you went and said they were the same.

>good job accusing me of making fallacious arguments

Don't be fallacious and I won't have to do it.

>your entire post is full of memes like "B team" or "broken hitboxes" and no actal substance

You're doing it again. Handwaving all criticism. Same shit going on in and You aren't making points, but I think you think you are.

Because it's the 5th game in the series, and literally everything it does has been done better by one of its predecessors. Its the first game in the series with NO new features.

>im not gonna argue about it

You're doing exactly that, though. You're arguing about it. Just really poorly.

>because i dont give a shit man

Then why are you posting and whining about it? Now you're just blatantly lying. This is how teenagers act.

>no im pretty sure most people over 20 realises that arguing on the internet over subjective things is pointless

They do when they realize people like you have a tendency to never make an actual point and simply use generalizations and rationalizations to make vague claims and dismiss all others. You don't want a discussion of any sort, you want to blurt out your opinion and have people pat you on the back and agree. That's hugbox shit.

>you wont make me enjoy it less

I don't want to make you "enjoy it less." How fucking scared and vulnerable can you be? You're so ready to shitpost but you're quick to become defensive when someone disagrees with you.

Alright I'll try but you're not going to change your mind so why should I care, I know you're that autistic ds2fag that defends the fuck out of the game and shits on ds3, nitpicking retarded shit like the bosses missing lots of beats. what the fuck does that even mean, and there are a shit ton of interesting bosses in 3

The people who argue about Dark Souls on the internet are usually a very small autistic minority. The people who beat the first game like 10-15 times with different builds complain about DaS3 not being original enough.

eh, one of the things about DS3 that bothers me is that if you aren't running a Quality build, you're basically gimping yourself.

citing "B team" isn't criticism. singling out "broken hitboxes" when every game in the series has occasional shitty hitboxes is dishonest at best
also i'm not sure who you think you're fooling when you pretend that BB and dark souls combat is fundamentally differentadding a few different options for combat does not change the core mechanics of the game. You could add guns to ds3 and get a nearly identical combat system
you probably believe you are making some really pertinent criticism of ds2/ds3 that's impossible to argue against and all these "dumb fans" are out there to defend the gamle rabidly, but the truth is you're just spouting tedious stupid shit that people are tired of because it's irrelevant and nitpicky

souless casgrab for bamco
DeS, DS and BB are good
ds2 is uninspired, ds3 even more so

>You're doing exactly that, though. You're arguing about it. Just really poorly.

i dont. my only argument is that i dont care about your points because i think youre a sad person nit-picking shit. everyone has a line, just like if someone would come to me and say that he saw aliens and shit i wouldnt care. this is my line, i spent way too much time arguing with spergs on Sup Forums. deal with it

What more is there?

if bb have come after it it would been good but cause of bb being so fucking awesome,now it just made Das2 look good.

trying to change your stance by saying DeS, DS and BB are the only good games aren't going to hide the fact that you're the autistic ds2fag when you put ds3 below ds2

>ds2fag

Ds2 is the worst one in the entire series.

>shits on ds3

Ds3 is mediocre but it's better than 2.

>there are a shit ton of interesting bosses in 3

There are. Not so much in 2. The majority of bosses in 2 were boring humanoid giants with big weapons.

Okay, you're doing it again. You're handwaving everything I said with a shitty justification or rationalization.

>when every game in the series has occasional shitty hitboxes is dishonest at best

No, it's not. The hitboxes in Ds2, particularly involving "shockwaves" and any large weapon, are abysmal. There are far more webms of poor hitboxes in Ds2 than any other game in the series. On the contrary, there are videos showing the hitboxes in Ds3 and BB being so good that simply crouching down in an animation is enough to dodge an overhead swing.

>citing "B team" isn't criticism.

Yes, it is. The game was primarily made by the lesser experienced staff while much of the higher up staff concentrated on Ds3 and BB.

>also i'm not sure who you think you're fooling when you pretend that BB and dark souls combat is fundamentally differentadding a few different options for combat does not change the core mechanics of the game.

You're doing it AGAIN, dude. You're conceding my point, then turning around and dismissing it.

> You could add guns to ds3 and get a nearly identical combat system

No, you wouldn't, because the way healing works is different and the movement mechanics are different. I don't think you played BB, and if you did, I don't think you were very good at it or played it for very long.

>you probably believe you are making some really pertinent criticism of ds2/ds3 that's impossible to argue against and all these "dumb fans" are out there to defend the gamle rabidly, but the truth is you're just spouting tedious stupid shit that people are tired of because it's irrelevant and nitpicky

This is yet more dismissals and handwaving.

This autistic faggot is trying to save ds2 from being seen as the worst souls game just leave this thread alone and stop giving him attention

Because people didn't like how DS2 expanded things so they doubled down on DS1 nostalgia.

Okay, you're now arguing that you're not arguing. lmao. You're doing this ontop of saying that you don't care, as you continue to argue about how little you care and how you aren't arguing.

Come on, dude. Have some self awareness.

>people dont care about my opinion REEEEEEEEEE

I actually just said Ds2 is the worst in the series.

See, look, dude. You don't even know what you're arguing against. You just see me post, make something up in your head, and then argue against it.

Ok.

It's the newest game in the series. Like how now DaS2 is finally getting the appreciation it deserves because it's no longer the newest.

Bloodborne is an exception here because Sony fanboys are usually behind most of the shitposting on Sup Forums and have to choose between shitposting about a console exclusive or shitposting that there is a console exclusive.

I didn't see you post that before I posted look at the post times retard

BB only got a lot of praise after Old Hunters, a lot of people didn't like how short the game was and the chalice dungeons

I don't need to look at the post times. I've made a bunch of posts, I think it's pretty obvious which ones are mine, and for some reason you decided to start bitching about how much I love Ds2, when I don't think I've said anything of the sort in this entire thread.

Like I said, you don't even know what kind of point you want to make, you're just trying to disagree with me but you refuse to actually make a point other than "I don't care" or "I don't want to argue" or whatever idiotic nonsense.

Stop posting then, idiot! You're lying and nobody likes a liar. At this point you're just shit posting, and you've been shit posting for the last 3 or 4 posts, at least.

BB is a good game but it's another souls game. It was a lot of posters first soul game I guess because they have the typical "My first one was the best one" blindsight. Now they call DaS3 a rehash of previous games because they played BB and know what's up. But they haven't played DeS and don't realize that every damn game is a rehash with new levels of DeS.

I've tried a second runthrough with both a Sorc and a Cleric build and I've stopped both characters after Pontiff.

It's just not challenging or enjoyable to replay. The Bosses aren't challenging and the lore isn't engaging enough to keep playing.

The gameplay is exactly the same for all characters. Get a straight sword / rapier or die because the attacks are too slow. Greatswords are basically worthless.

Your entire post is you generalizing a huge amount of people that you know nothing about, and then strawmanning them.

This is shitposting.

Its shit user. I went through ng++ just to collect rings+2 and that's it.
Muh sequel

git gud

>No, it's not. The hitboxes in Ds2, particularly involving "shockwaves" and any large weapon, are abysmal. There are far more webms of poor hitboxes in Ds2 than any other game in the series

you could make webms of "shockwaves" for any of these games. bloodletting beast, abhorrent beast, watchdog, amygdala, cealesess discharge, iron golem, etc. people are singling out ds2 because they want to feel justified in their incessant sperging out about the game/only think in memes

"B team" isn't a criticism because it tells you nothing about the game's quality. saying the people who worked on it are "inexperienced" demonstrates nothing about the game itself

I see you still have no counter argument to what I said about BB's combat and refuse to provide substance

healing in bloodborne is not different from souls games. a blood vial is about as quick as ds3 estus, roughly. i have no idea what you mean by movement mechanics being different other than the dodge being quicker/having more iframes, which again isn't a fundamental change in the game's system. again and again you seem to mistake slight variations in gameplay for an actual change in the fundamental way the game is played

>"B team" isn't a criticism because it tells you nothing about the game's quality. saying the people who worked on it are "inexperienced" demonstrates nothing about the game itself

Devs that worked on the game arent responsible for the game's shortcomings? Is this guy for real

Cause DS3 was phoned in to make the quarterly balance sheet more appealing

this post is weird, you complain that the game isn't challenging enough but then in the same breath admit that you're having so much trouble with it that you're unable to play it with a greatsword
typical example of an anti ds3 memester

>sequel of game is uninspired

so a sequel of a game shouldn't have anything to do with the previous game?

You don't want to acknowledge or counter any of my points so you dismiss it as shitposting. This is shitposting.

While getting breakfast I decided on the quintessential "Newfags say DaS2 is shit because it isn't DaS1" trope.

Demon Souls - Dying means you lose half your health. This is seen as okay by players.

Dark Souls 1 - This system is replaced with a humanity level system that punishes dying but requires you to farm a fucking lot of humanities.

Dark Souls 2 - The Demon Souls system is brought back but is more generous and only removes a percent of your health bar every time you die. Just like Demon Souls.

Dark Souls 3 - Dying removes half your health again.

DeS - this is fine
DaS 1 - this is fine
DaS 2 - THIS IS AN OUTRAGE THEY'RE JUST MAKING THE GAME HARD FOR THE SAKE OF BEING HARD I AM MAD
DaS 3 - this is fine

That's DaS2 hate summed up.

it's funny that you're unable to understand this. criticizing a game involves talking about the game itself. if your only argument is that the people who worked on it are inexperienced, but you can't actually back it up by pointing out the actual game's shortcomings compared to the other games in the series, you basically have nothing to say

Every souls game is unispired boring clunky garbage that gets praised to no end,because it's japanese and hard.

>Dark Souls 2 - The Demon Souls system is brought back
Not really, you can eat an effigy in front of a fog door or anywhere else you damn please and completely avoid invaders

And Ds2 hate more stems from the shitty movement, the shitty weapons, the shitty online, the shitty bosses, the shitty level design, shitty soul memory, shitty spam roll, shitty instant heal spam, etc.

18+

What's there to argue about Ds2 is garbage and worse than DS1 in every way

It's in every "This is why DaS2 sucks" thread. You can say that in your opinion its the other factors but you gotta accept that for the last 3 years casuals have complained about losing half your health like it was anything new.

you want ds2's shortcomings? here you go, watch this video and get educated I'm not typing it out for a retard like you. go ahead an counter all the points mentioned in the video

youtube.com/watch?v=UScsme8didI

>you could make webms of "shockwaves" for any of these games. bloodletting beast, abhorrent beast, watchdog, amygdala, cealesess discharge, iron golem, etc. people are singling out ds2 because they want to feel justified in their incessant sperging out about the game/only think in memes

Dude you are doing it again. I think this is all you've been doing. You're rationalizing and dismissing without actually saying anything besides an insult or a misrepresentation of my opinion or someone else's opinion.

>"B team" isn't a criticism because it tells you nothing about the game's quality. saying the people who worked on it are "inexperienced" demonstrates nothing about the game itself

It would stand to reason that someone who is inexperienced in something would be less apt than someone who is experienced. I think this might be called "grasping at straws."

>I see you still have no counter argument to what I said about BB's combat and refuse to provide substance

What, about what? You agreed with me that the combat was different, then you said it was the same. Then in a different post you did it again.

>healing in bloodborne is not different from souls games. a blood vial is about as quick as ds3 estus, roughly.

And that's just ds3, the other flasks are slower and have other alternatives like items or heal spells. Your healing/mana resources are different, how they're obtained and how they're used is different. You can also heal a certain amount based on weapon and build after taking damage.

> i have no idea what you mean by movement mechanics being different other than the dodge being quicker/having more iframes, which again isn't a fundamental change in the game's system.

>I know what you mean but I don't
>it's different but it's not

Come ON dude. Why the hell do you have to act like this? The dashes in BB are much, much faster than rolling in ds3.

autism

like clockwork. anti ds2 memers are unable to argue so eventually, at some point in the discussion, they'll always bring up that one shitty eceleb video and hide behind it

>Retarded casuals complaining about not being able to play video games
Color me shocked

I've done a bunch of builds, and unless the weapons does shit damage, everything works just fine. Unless by gimping you mean you aren't absolutely doing the most damage possible, then sure, i guess. I too think unless you use dark bead in DS1 you are gimping yourself

It's not a matter of challenge. The core design of the bosses means that weapons can legitimately be too slow.

You roll, roll, roll, then see a clear opening for a boss to attack. So you swing and before your swing is complete the boss has started a new attack. It's boring.

>again and again you seem to mistake slight variations in gameplay for an actual change in the fundamental way the game is played

Dude, you seriously have to fucking stop arguing like this. It's really aggravating.

You admit that there are differences, you agree with me, and then you basically say none of it counts. I don't fucking know why you're doing this, it doesn't make sense.

Have you played BB? I put about 600 hours all together across DeS, DaS, DaS2, and DaS3. I put a little under 150 hours into BB. In my experience when people talk the way you do, you don't actually have that much knowledge about the subject matter, and are just trying to win an argument.

I just don't see how you could argue that the games play exactly the same, admit they have major differences, and then say they don't matter and they're exactly the same. It's just fundamentally not true. Most players are playing Souls with a shield. You don't play BB like that. That's just one little thing and it's a major change in play style. The gun isn't just a different form of parrying, it's long range crowd control, and depending on which gun you're using and your build, it can one or two shot tough enemies or other players at range. The cannon most certainly isn't for parrying.

The way weapons work is completely different too, since every weapon is basically two combined into one.

It's insulting to everyone's intelligence when you look at two things that are very different, agree that they're different, and then say "nah apples n oranges are the same m8"

There's no ending animation on rolls in the sequels lmao lets just spam roll to keep away forever lol this is so much fucking fun my head is about to explode

No argument, alright, that's great.

This is at least better than 2 paragraphs half agreeing with what I've said and then saying I'm wrong anyway.

This doesn't actually disprove anything stated in the video.

You have to learn to stop arguing as if your position is correct by default, as if everyone is just going to agree with you simply because.

That's what niggers do.

it's funny that your post is so long because it manages to say absolutely nothing. how many times have you said some variation of "you're rationalizing and dismissing" in place of a counter argument? throwing a list of armchair psychology/logical fallacies at someone isn't a counter argument nor does it provide any substance

>Come ON dude. Why the hell do you have to act like this? The dashes in BB are much, much faster than rolling in ds3
do you think making the game faster is somehow a complete reworking of the game's combat system? most people don't bother denying that DS and BB are built on the same fundamentals because it's extremely obvious. the games being similar is not bad. you don't seem to grasp that I'm not attacking the games by pointing out the similarities between them, that's actually my point. there's no need to reinvent the wheel