Come on, Sup Forums, this shouldn't be hard for you. You aren't stupid, right?

Come on, Sup Forums, this shouldn't be hard for you. You aren't stupid, right?

50% chance

>if you pick 50% it's actually 25%
>if you pick 25% it's actually 50%
just fuck my shit up and be done with it familia

This is not video games.

Here's one that really makes you think.

turn 0s into Ds

50% because it's either you get it wrong or you get it right

If you pick 50%, it's a 1 in 4 chance.
1 in 4 chance is 25%.

2D>3D

Nice

Assuming there's only one correct answer, it's 25%.
Also, not vidya.

literally impossible

Wrong.

no if you pick 50% it's either you pick 50% or you don't, there's a 50% chance of doing either

25% is there twice you dumbass

0% cannot be the correct answer because if it's the correct answer then that means the chance isn't 0%, thus nullifying itself. That leaves the other three. the two 25%'s and the 50% provide a similar paradox - if 25% is the correct answer then the duplication of 25% means it's actually 50%. If 50% is the answer then that means it has to be one of the 25's.

To conclude, the question is intentionally impossible to answer and OP has probably sucked like 9 or 10 cocks.

>it's either you pick 50% or you don't
Are you baiting?
There's 4 possibilities, not 2.

>4 possibilities
>Are you baiting
Are you? There's only 2 possible outcomes, you getting it right or you getting it wrong
Ergo, 50% chance of you getting it right

Possible outcomes and the chance are different things.
I'll stop replying now.

lol

it's 1 in 4 so it has to be 25% but since 25 % is there twice it's realistically about 33%

50%.
There are two possible outcomes
Correct, incorrect.
Therefore the chance is 50:50.

Eh, what question you dumb cunt?

This question proves the asker is retarded more than anything, for having the same answer twice. That's not how math works you waste of oxygen.

0%, because 0% is clearly not the correct answer and therefore there is a 0% chance that 0% is the correct answer, meaning it is the correct answer.

So you are saying that everyone has a 50% chance to win the lottery because there are only 2 possible outcomes (win or lose) ?

How retarded are you?

What kind of weird statement is "You should be able to solve this"?

I mean, if I wasn't able to solve it, why even ask me in the first place? And if I am able to solve it it just sounds passive-aggressive. "Why are you having so much trouble with this task? I mean, you SHOULD be able to solve it!"

not him but the possibilities are irrelevant there is four options

That's correct. If there is a lottery then someone will win it and someone else will not, 50:50.
What other possibility is there?

This is dumb. There's no fucking question and answer here.

A. This isn't video games.

B. This exact problem was on the front page of reddit today, so if you have ever called anyone on this site "reddit" and you bump this thread, you are a hypocrite and everything wrong with this board.

Sage and hide.

>Can't answer so I'll just say it's bait!

Yes, thanks for explaining the 'joke' of this meme, while missing that it's supposed to work because you're meant to imagine the anime lady saying it and implicitly berating you for your lack of intellect, then jerk off to the humiliation.

>This exact problem was on the front page of reddit today, so if you have ever called anyone on this site "reddit" and you bump this thread, you are a hypocrite and everything wrong with this board.
How would you know what is on Reddit without visiting the site yourself?

But how do you know it was on Reddit ?
And isn't people replying but not mentioning reddit a sign that they don't visit Reddit?
No one did, except for you.

So how about you go back.

Say that in math class, not online, and see what happens.

Because your logic is flawed and makes no sense.
So you are either baiting or stupid.

so? you either choose a wrong option or a right one, 50% chance of getting it wrong or right

why do i still come to this board

All the answers present fall into two categories:
>Answers which are correct
>Answers which are incorrect
You will pick one of these two outcomes, therefore it is 50%
Any other answer is arbitrarily inflating the problem.

You'll either guess correctly or incorrectly.
But each outcome has different chances of being chosen.

Read the question. It only cares about the correct answer.

There actually isn't a fucking question, you people are overthinking this, so it's 25% by default.
The answers could be assholes and oranges it doesn't matter, it would be still 25%.

Which you will have a 25% of randomly guessing.
If I told you to guess the correct number out of these 4 numbers - 1, 5, 78, 24 - you would have a 25% of getting the correct choice. Not 50.

Yes, assuming that there's only one correct answer. But is it?

But that's entirely wrong.
My odds in your case are still 50:50 because I can only get the right answer or a wrong answer. There are no third or fourth outcomes.

>can't provide meaningful arguments so i'll just resort to ad hominem!!
fuck off, baiter.

No there isn't a third of 4th answer but you'll have 75% chance of getting the answer wrong and 25% chance of getting the answer right.

you can't leave

>you'll have 75% chance of getting the answer wrong

Wrong.
It's 50% since you can only get a wrong answer or a correct answer. It's just a coin flip.
Having more wrong answers doesn't change anything, that's a fallacy.

It says to choose one radnomly, so whatever you choose is the answer you tards

>75% chance of getting the answer wrong
what? you can only be wrong or right, it doesn't make sense that there's more of a chance to be wrong
unless it's some morally gray shit

25%

A 33% chance still rounds down to 25

25%
(.25)(.25) + (.25)(.5) + (.25)(0) + (.25)(.25) = (.25)

complain to my teacher about this shitty-ass-bait question

Shut the fuck up, Christina.

But it isn't a coin flip though.
You have less of a chance of guessing what the number on a normal 6 sided die will land on than a coin flip.
Both do only have 2 possible outcomes but the die has 5 options which will lead to the wrong outcome and 1 which will lead to the right one. A coin has 2 outcomes and 2 choices.

We need to stop Cern

But neither a coin nor a dice have any kind of sentience, the outcome you get is 100% random.
It is entirely possible that you would guess tails and get tails, it is equally possible that you would guess 5 and roll 5. To assume one is less likely than the other is foolish. Both have the same probability of coinciding with your will, 50%.

Has anyone made a picture yet where this cunt gets raped for asking retarded shit without clear answers?

>arguing about the correct answer of a mathematics paradox that is used to bait kids in 7th grade

Feels good to live in the EU

Sure each number has the same chance of facing up, but you have to choose which number.
You could pick the number first go and be correct,
You could pick the number on the 6th go.
You could even never ever land on the number at all.
You still have a 1/6 chance of guessing that number.

But then your chance of being correct would be 100%, which is not the answer you chose.

Check and mate atheists

what's the confusion about? You have four options and each of those four has their own chance of being correct. You multiply the individual odds of each option being correct with the chance of picking that option and then add all those together to get the overall odds of being correct. already did that, I don't see the fuss.

Are you?

The amount of possible outcomes has nothing to do with the chances of picking a specific one.

Really not sure if you are serious or not.

The real answer is 100%

It's 25%.

Saying it's 50% is like saying that if you have a 50% chance of winning the lottery (either you win or you lose),

The outcome will be one or the other I'm not denying that but you still have to do something first.
If you were to guess completely randomly. Literally randomly and you didn't even know before hand what number you were picking.
If you choose 6, you will have a 25% chance of being correct
If you choose 10, you will have a 25% chance of being correct
and so on.
The answer will never change of course but guessing randomly with no thinking involved you'll have a 25% chance of guessing the correct number. The number that you chose will then either be right or wrong.

Again, where is the question bitch?

is that the plate we sent up into space?

B
either youre right or youre wrong

i still think its 50%

If I was to choose 6 I'd have a 100% chance of being correct though.

50%

If you got gold then you had to have had one of the two boxes with gold, and only one of those has another gold (1/2).

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum
what
p.s there are 2 doors with goats behind them, and one door has a gayboy to fuck. After making your first guess one of the doors is opened to reveal a goat. You are given the option to change your guess, do you take it?

It's 50%, it's a reskinned monty hall problem.

50%, either it's gold or it's not

Fuck off with this baby shit

50%
You either have the right box or not.

>He can't solve the voyager plate

of course, making a choice after a goat is revealed means theres a 50% chance to be right, rather then my initial 33% chance.

0. The fuck is the "correct" answer?

Yes but by guessing completely randomly. You had the same chance of picking any of the other numbers. Which is why I said "you" in "If you choose 6, you will have a 25% chance of being correct" rather than saying "If you choose 6, the six will have a 25% chance of being correct"

but because it's impossible doesn't that mean there's a 0% chance of getting it right ?

Notice how each option has a percentage? That's the chance of that option being correct.

/thread

No. No mater what answer you pick, it will always be wrong. Each one is correct until you pick it. The odds of picking a theoretically correct answer is 100 percent, the odds of you picking the correct answer that is created the moment you choose one option is zero percent.

Wrong

2/3

I'm waiting for the retarded logic how it's not 50%

how so?

>randomly choose an option
>get B
>call the 50% coin flip correctly
wow I just got the right answer

50%: the thread

If you pick up a golden ball randomly then it's more likely that you've picked the box with 2 of them than the box with one golden and one silver.