Buy this

>Buy this
>Discover afterwards that it's a lot based on sound and where noise is coming from
>I'm deaf in one ear so I get shit on regularly from not knowing directions

Have you ever had a videogame disability?

poor bastard, I played Third strike back in the day with one arm, won some local tournaments too.

Yeah, I play league.

If a fov won't go above 70, I get dizzy and have to stop playing.

There are programs which can create an overlay for directional audio, kind of like a radar.

At least you have an excuse.
>tfw Kill/death ratio is 0.3

Mine is about as bad. I'm good at other FPS games.

My sense of direction is so fucking awful that it's almost a disability

Multiple people have sat and watched me play stuff like the souls games and remarked that they cannot believe that I get lost and lose my sense of direction in the way that I do

I have to resort to maps in the souls series in particular a lot of the time, I've been completely stuck in games because of utter failures of my sense of direction before.

The game sucks anyway, not your fault

I'm blind on my right eye since birth but it doesn't really affect me playing games.

My cousin is like this too. Sucks that he can't experience a lot of 3D stuff.

I'm deaf in one ear too and I play Siege fine.

Git gud scrub

XD

>I'm deaf in one ear so I get shit on regularly from not knowing directions

It's not impossible. You're probably on the same level as the large number of people who have headphones that aren't very good.

Its ok user Im blind in the right eye as well.
When I was in high school the class bully threw paint varnish in my eyes when I was side on and basically blinded me.

>tfw some games have shitty directional audio where if someone is on one side of you it only plays through one ear
>Have to play with subtitles because otherwise I'll not hear the audio as nobody offers mono

yeah there's a lot of shitters in the game.

one of my friends who has severe tinnitus in one ear is pretty good at the game. op are you using good headphones?

I somehow had my headphones configured improperly which meant I couldn't figure out which side something was on in that game and goddamn it was hard playing like that.

Though at least you're not totally deaf, op.

>not assembking arduino-based compass that point you to the source of a sound by being plugged directly to your PC sund output
More like a lazy excuse m8

let me guess, you're wearing them backwards?

My soundcard had the input/output settings all wrong. You could still hear, but the directionality wasn't as it should've been.

Can you elaborate on what you did? I feel like the sound in Siege for me is fucked too.

That sucks user. You should get revenge.

Well, it was outputting on 6 channels when it should've just been on 2. Could just try switching them around until you find something that works, but for me when I was hearing something on the left for example, I'd also hear it on the right.

This. Ruin his life somehow

Yes, I'm a casual playing Dark Souls.

Kixstar is deaf in one ear and he's one of the best Siege players in the world.

Not like he's missing out on much

>tfw bought a 300euro headphones just for this game
It was worth it

As for videogame disability, few years ago I had to wear an eyepatch for a while because I got a spark in my eye. Made a full recovery on the eye, but for a while playing with just one eye was fucking impossible. I only have a 24'inc monitor for my PC, but I always felt like I had to hold my head in a weird angle to see it all and even then I felt easily disoriented. It was a frustrating period of time.

I'm having problems hearing sound details like footsteps, is it becasue of hardware or could i be just half deaf?

The problem with the game is the fucking before. It's a complete lottery, the amount of times I've been more by someone I couldn't see is insane, and the nothing you can do about it.

The netcode, that should say.

>Buy this game
>Have aspergers syndrome
>Hear every tiny noise
>Every character I play also becomes Pulse because of this

My disability became a leg-up.

Is this better than csgo ?

>tiny noise
All sounds are exaggerated on purpose especially footsteps

It's entirely different

What's with autists and hearing things. I took an autism test online and got borderline autistic. One of the questions was about small sounds and I said yes.

It's not really a medically recognised disability but I'm pretty fucking dumb.

>can't play strategy games or any games which rely a lot on strategy
>not really any good at multiplayer games or games against difficult bots
>only thing close to civ/strategy games I can play is management stuff like Sim City, and that's because it's pretty basic.

have you ever heard of an eye for an eye

Autists are usually very focussed on senses that stimulate us the most. Sounds happen all the time so we can focus on multiple sounds at once.

This quickly turns into a disadvantage for many spergs because if they get too overstimulated they can just crash like a windows bluescreen. Which is where the "Autists don't really like parties" thing comes from. Lotsa noise and all that.

Luckily I had the privelege of being diagnosed at a very early age. Had years of social training and it's not as big a problem for me now. Glad for that cause I wouldn't wanna miss out on happy hardcore festivals.

play on console to level the playing ground, since they're all deaf anyway

If anything that's just the shitty net code

>Had years of social training and it's not as big a problem for me now.
That's a thing?

Not being able to aim is because of the netcode?

It certainly is in the Netherlands. I was educated in what autism is, what makes me "special", how to socialize, not to speak every thought that crosses my mind, to look someone in the eye while talking. Stuff like that.

It helped that I underwent all this when I was a kiddo. The older you get the harder it is to learn this kinda thing.

He hit the guy a few times and it didn't register

Like what said, you could adopt. One could even argue that you could become better.

holy fuck

That sounds rad as fuck.
I'm not deaf or any of the sort, but I seriously can't pinpoint where the fuck the sound is coming from in that game.

I got diagnosed recently with autism, it made a lot of things make sense throughout my childhood.
But I'm a little on the fence regarding the whole autism-therapy, I don't feel like I'm that much of a lost cause.

Yeah, I cant into teamwork on online games because my autism prevents me from plugging in my mic

doom 1 or doom 2 made me dizzy one time as a kid

tl;dr im not a faggot

Siege is fairly difficult and requires a fuckton of map knowledge due the the fairly large buildings with a shitton of breakable walls.

Knifes have 0 lunge, so you need to be on them to actually connect. Also he did hit him and wound him, just didn't kill. The handful of hits he does land wouldn't be enough to kill.

I say autism for the Sup Forums meme but its really social anxiety disorder

only a few shot hit also the gun isn't that powerfull and the opponent has high armor value also missing 80% of you bullet is bad aiming

>having disability is being a faggot
You are actually a faggot.

i'd say yes but you can just try it on a free weekend and find out for yourself

I play all my multiplayer games with sound muted and/or playing some kind of media either music or tv shows on my second monitor and I still top the charts.

You just need to adapt, instead of relying on noise learn the maps, try to predict where an enemy would take cover and entry.

Try to make your game look as clean as possible, disable any post processing shit like blur and dof and blurry AA modes like FXAA or TAA, increase brightness disable shadows etc, anything that makes the game look more crisp nd sharp.
Aim for 120FPS minimun at native resolution or higher.

Video games may be in 3d but because you see it through the monitor its only 2d to your eyes, normal people can close one eye and can still play normally. On the other hand, if you want to try VR, having just one eye means you can't make use of the stereoscopy feature (pretty much like your real life situation)

>disable shadows
don't disable players shadow it saved my ass a few time

I just play Terrorist Hunt with two of my mates

I'm not a fan of the pvp

.2 k/d ratio reporting in. I get maybe 1 kill in a match if I'm lucky.

>hears footsteps above
>guy comes out from the left
the sound system is inconsistent as hell. it's good to tell what their doing but not the direction

>You will never have 4 other bros on mic to surgically decimate rooms with

Why even play.

>they end up yelling the whole time making the game inaudible.

My friend does this, he always dies first then spends the next 5 minutes raging about it to the point where I can't hear or concentrate at all. Told him to fuck off the other day, feelsgudman.

How is this game on PS4? I usually don't play FPS on consoles, but all my friends only have PS4.

I usually play video-games on downers.

I love to play Siege on opium and weed. It makes me play better, if you believe it or not.

My k/d is about 2.0

get a better headset, seriously.
If you wear a good headset you can pinpoint the position of every enemy, the sound engine is fantastic.
I regularely headshot people through one or two walls and they scream hax at me for listening closely.

I also get this, I use hyper X cloud which I thought would atleast give some fidelity of where the sound is coming from.

The only way to differentiate between sounds coming from above and sounds coming from the same level is the dullness of the sound, really.

I dunno, maybe it helps me that I'm an audio engineer by profession, lol.

Get a few more hours into the game, I learned to really tell the sounds apart at about lvl 100

I see. I keep tempting myself with a DAC, would thus improve the sounds in siege?

Mooney?

> P2P is acceptable for shooters in 2017.

Kek. Maybe next time Ubisoft.

No dude

I'm a fucking logistics ops manager, my job is having a sense of direction, but that game is a fucking clusterfuck meant for the purely autistic

Probably, you don't even need a good soundcard or anything. Just make sure the headset is well equalized, all frequencies on about the same level
(use a graphic equalizer and tweak the sounds to your liking while in-game in terrorist hunt or whatever)

I boosted the frequencies at which footsteps are heard.

It's not though.

The only thing that is p2p in this game is PvE mode faggot

>thinking R6:S runs p2p

Aye. I hated going out to cut sticks with a chainsaw with my dad when I was younger, but I like parties.

Weed would just make the tense moments super tense, I don't see how it would negatively affect your playing too much.

>tfw you have tinnitus
>just gave up and got used to ringing 24/7

It's an abstract kind of feel.

easy user, when you dont hear anything, just turn to the side of your bad ear

Tooth for a tooth

How do you do that?

That fucking shit

Which operator is ezmode? I end up playing Mute a lot purely because he's able to get loads of points even when you never get kills.

>have tinnitus
>want to turn volume louder so it drones out the ringing
>anxious it will be too loud, cause more damage, make tinnitus worse

there's just no hope is there

fuse for low level offense bandit/jager for defense

There's actually a proleague Siege player that's deaf in one ear. He's one of the better players too.

>bandit/jager
How do you use their defences properly?