Victoria II thread

Victoria II is on sale so I bought it.
It's fun as fuck but how the hell do the trade system work? I have it on automate now but I'd like to learn how to use it properly.

Since nobody else is responding I'll give it a shot.
Paradox games have shit tutorials and you should find one on youtube, watch it and maybe a few episodes of a let's play after that to figure out how the game works. Then you start playing on your own and google tings you don't understand.I can't be more specific about trade cause I haven't played Vicky 2 in years and never got good at it either

You need a PHD to understand any of the Paradox games.

>PHD in Stellaris

Good thing I have one then

YS mod WHEN?

>I have it on automate
You are not supposed to touch trade system, really.
It's going to run itself and the only thing you really need to manage is budget, the exception is when you need something specific to build like clipper ships or factory parts or tanks, then you set it to stockpile.
But even then you are not guaranteed to get shit because world market is a market, people can buy shit before you.
There's no bidding for goods though and who gets the goods first is based on prestige.
The most prestigious state always gets a first pick of goods and can completely dry the market of resources leaving competition with nothing.
The only way this can be worked around is by either satelliting or sphering countries that produce goods you need.

So really, just keep it on automate, try to have high prestige and if you cant just beat the shit out of countries whose goods you need and sphere/satelite/take their provinces.
Paradox games are braindead and autopilot themselves most of the time.

I think having trade automated is fine, afaik the only thing you do manually is increase the minimum supply for certain goods. For example at the start of the game there are quite a few clipper convoys available but after the first few days the brittish will boy most of them so if you're playing an uncivilized nation you wont get any from that point on. because of that it can be a good idea to increase your minimum supply for those at the beginning of the game so that you have them in stock when you need them and cant buy any

is this also a not-so-stealth Tanya thread?

Why are the UK such fucking bullies?
>Take some land
>2 minutes later THE UK WANTS "region"
>Give them it and cry

Thanks lads!

theres some big necessary mods i believe

Welcome to 19th century.
Not really, Vicky 2 is actually relatively polished for a paradox game so it's fun to play without mods.
Mods tend to have a mixed reputation in general because of arbitrary changes.

Vicky 3 with monetary politics and trade that it's actually manageable fucking when

>PHD
Is that the medical term for autism ?

I heard the game is unplayable without the dlc

Any of the new Paradox games FINISHED, yet?

Why would they stop milking retards for DLC that break the game and require a new DLC to fix it?

replace "PHD" with "autism" and this post is true, but only for aurora and HoI3

CK2 and EU3/4 can be played with anybody with a brain, same for Vicky II (except the trade system which does require autism)

HoI4 only requires a small modicum of autism

They don't do that forever though.

I heard the YS author likes this game. Anyone got a source on that?

It was my first grand strategy game too. It's not all that exciting but it's nice you can win through other means than painting the map. Hell the borders tend to stay mostly the same.

thats not what it fucking says at all

Then what does it says?

Don't listen to him.

why would you have a 40-years-old japanese salaryman (male) as your valentine

Why not?

You don't need any mods. However you do need to buy the expansions. The base game is a fucking mess and they stopped patching the vanilla version years ago, so it's stuck in 1.1x while game + HoD + AHD is 3.04.

>base game
>always wanted to play prussia but got burned out after playing another nation, left in the middle of my playthrough
>buy expansions after a year
>hanover is sphered by the UK at the start of the game
>every core you need for the NGF is sphered by someone else
>mfw

Degenerate old men make the best little girls.

and who is that semen demon?

cog2

britain loses their sphere on hanover after the coronation of queen victoria. you can sphere holstein, denmark and luxemburg if you want quite easily. The only part of north german federation that's tricky is saxony, which is sphered by austria so you can either go to war to get the sphere their or fight with influence.
Personally I found it quite easy to beat austria so hard in war that they lose great power status and then taking the southern german parts into your sphere unopposed